How to improve Virgo qualities?

Anyone??

I feel like such a mess with my Mars in Pisces in the 4th house. I have absolutely no interest in order, cleaning my room frequently, having structure etc. :unsure:

It is something I'm quite embarassed about and I don't often invite friends over because of this. I'm not a horder or anything, I just hate doing routine stuff - I have a list phobia and I blame it on my Venus and Moon in Aries. I put so much pressure on me when it comes to doing all the stuff on that list that I just end up not doing it at all or maybe just 20% of it...

My Sun is in the 6th house in Taurus, so wouldn't that acutally mean that I like to do Virgo stuff? The Sun placement is where a person shines the most right? :whistling:

I just want to stop being so freaking lazy all the time!!

IleneK

Premium Member
Anyone??

I feel like such a mess with my Mars in Pisces in the 4th house. I have absolutely no interest in order, cleaning my room frequently, having structure etc. :unsure:

It is something I'm quite embarassed about and I don't often invite friends over because of this. I'm not a horder or anything, I just hate doing routine stuff - I have a list phobia and I blame it on my Venus and Moon in Aries. I put so much pressure on me when it comes to doing all the stuff on that list that I just end up not doing it at all or maybe just 20% of it...

My Sun is in the 6th house in Taurus, so wouldn't that acutally mean that I like to do Virgo stuff? The Sun placement is where a person shines the most right? :whistling:

Dear S90.
This is such a rich time in your life.

You obviously DO have interest in order, structure, because it is bothering you terribly enough to post this, embarrassing you, keeping you from engaging socially, inviting friends over.
So the first step is to begin being honest with yourself, by get clear what is really true for you in this matter.
I hear you saying that you feel you lack the capacity to execute your wishes to be more orderly, perhaps more tidy. The overall condition of your Mars might be indicator of this lack of will and I would also look to the condition of Saturn as well. It would probably be helpful to see your chart.
But even if we do view and comment on your chart, after your being truthful with yourself about the matter, there remains only one solution to this lack of will. Well, two.
The first is to simply begin to exercise your will in the areas that mean something to you, as this one does. Just do it, even when a part of you does not want to, and quit looking for someone to tell you how to improve the qualities that we all possess if we chose to cultivate them.
And the only way to cultivate them is by practice, by repetition. By that, I mean, just do it. And then do it again. You get what I mean.

The second way is to get a housekeeper
icon7.gif

Last edited:

Frisiangal

Anyone??

When reading the first paragraph of your post I was going to use the one small word....l-a-z-y.

Then I got to the Taurus part and your final sentance, regarding one of its negative tendencies....the proof.:biggrin:

Dear S90.
This is such a rich time in your life.

You obviously DO have interest in order, structure, because it is bothering you terribly enough to post this, embarrassing you, keeping you from engaging socially, inviting friends over.
So the first step is to begin being honest with yourself, by get clear what is really true for you in this matter.
I hear you saying that you feel you lack the capacity to execute your wishes to be more orderly, perhaps more tidy. The overall condition of your Mars might be indicator of this lack of will and I would also look to the condition of Saturn as well. It would probably be helpful to see your chart.
But even if we do view and comment on your chart, after your being truthful with yourself about the matter, there remains only one solution to this lack of will. Well, two.
The first is to simply begin to exercise your will in the areas that mean something to you, as this one does. Just do it, even when a part of you does not want to, and quit looking for someone to tell you how to improve the qualities that we all possess if we chose to cultivate them.
And the only way to cultivate them is by practice, by repetition. By that, I mean, just do it. And then do it again. You get what I mean.

The second way is to get a housekeeper
icon7.gif

Thank you! I just fear that this will never Change, because I have literally always been that way...but I am starting to really want it, to be more orderly etc., which is the only way when you have an Aries moon I guess! If I'm not feeling it, I won't do it lol

When reading the first paragraph of your post I was going to use the one small word....l-a-z-y.

Then I got to the Taurus part and your final sentance, regarding one of its negative tendencies....the proof.:biggrin:

*hides under blanket* Yes I know! Also my Mars is intercepted, I sometimes feel I have no Mars at all!

But then again, when it comes to my big life goals, I am super ambitious and responsible - maybe that's my Sagittarius rising's doing...

Anyway, I've started to make a list (the horror!) and I really try to acomplish all of the tasks on it, mostly cleaning routines and stuff.
I cleaned my room yesterday and I feel ssooo much better now :) fit 'n fresh lol

mrs

this post sounds soooooo familiar to me, because i am also very lazy when it comes to daily routine, and i also have mars in pisces and moon and venus in aries )))) but my real biggest problem is that i have saturn in pisces and it feels like irreparable.
I would be very thnakful if someone could say how to fix it???

Osamenor

Staff member
My Sun is in the 6th house in Taurus, so wouldn't that acutally mean that I like to do Virgo stuff?

No. Houses and signs are not the same thing. And even if your sun were in Virgo, that wouldn't necessarily mean you liked to clean and organize things. That's only one way Virgo can manifest.

Sun placement indicates what you most need for your personal growth. Taurus is about security, and the body, and the earth, and music, to name a few of the things it indicates. Sixth house is about day-to-day work, routines, and health, to name a few of the things it stands for. One of its names is the House of Vocation. That doesn't just mean vocation in the sense of your job that you make a living from, but what you're called to do in life. How can you best serve society?

Maybe you're a creative sixth house Taurus. If that's true for you, you would be about the creative process. Maybe that means creating art, maybe that's making music, maybe that's dancing or acting or cooking. Or maybe your inclinations are more in the health and body realm: healing arts, gardening, sports or martial arts. Maybe you have a close connection with animals--that's another Taurean thing. Maybe science is your thing.

For a sixth house sun, it's important to have a job that fits your sun sign inclinations. Taurus sixth house sun might be willing to take on just any decently paying job for the sake of security, although it's much better if you can have a decently paying job that fits your Taurean inclinations.

That says nothing about need for structure or ability to create it.

Obviously, the list method of accomplishing tasks is not for you. If it were, you wouldn't have such a hard time with it. If you want to get more done, think of when you do get tasks done, whether it's cleaning or cooking or just doing something you want to do. What conditions allow you to do it? Do you need to be alone? Do you need to be working with someone else? Do you need background music? Do you need silence? Do you work better spontaneously, or on a schedule?

IleneK

Premium Member
Thank you! I just fear that this will never Change, because I have literally always been that way...but I am starting to really want it, to be more orderly etc., which is the only way when you have an Aries moon I guess! If I'm not feeling it, I won't do it lol

Well, I'm def with you about needing to really want something in order to take action. I think many if not most of us are like that. And sometimes, it is the negative consequences for yourself of not doing that induces you to want and then to do it. That is what sounds like is taking shape in you now.

I will tell you again: this is available to you, if you want it. Even with a diminished Mars and Taurus Sun. I know; I have both.
icon7.gif

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
But then again, when it comes to my big life goals, I am super ambitious and responsible - maybe that's my Sagittarius rising's doing...

Ambitious and responsible sounds more like a Capricorn or Saturn quality. Sagittarius loves the process, but not the goal. Pure Sagittarius wants to do, experience, and explore, but doesn't care about achievement. Capricorn, in contrast, wants to achieve. Saturn is all about far reaching goals and doing what it takes to reach them.

If Saturn is angular or has some other especially strong placement in your chart, or if you have a significant Capricorn placement, that's more likely to be it. Sagittarius rising means you meet the world in a Sagittarian way--being driven to explore and experience things, maybe having a very free spirited surface personality.

Last edited:

Lin

When I became an astrologer and had people coming into my house that was the end of the luxury of not having to have a neat house. It just had to be done.

Obviously yours doesn't have to be done. But to carry it to the extreme you do means that this is the playing out of a rebellion....like someone who has lung cancer and still smokes ("no doctor is going to tell ME how to live".)

Get a pair of drugstore glasses that are one number stronger than you actually need and look at your kitchen and bathroom thru them.

I think that will cure you.

And the actual doing? One room in one week. One chore in one day. And then enough.

If you can't DO that, you don't want to. And no amount of advice will change that.
It just really isn't important to you. We ALL do what is important to us. To think otherwise is a bit delusional.
LIN
not astrological advice.....common sense.
For actual astrological advice, please post chart.