Who came up with the lines of the aspects?

proluna9

Hello,
I know there was this priest who did not have good vision and decided to start tracing the red and blue lines between the planets to help himself see the aspects. Does anyone know the name of this priest? I can't remember and I think it was not Beroso. Thank you!!!

waybread

Welcome to the forum. I don't know the answer, but the lines are not necessary, just helpful when used with restraint.

proluna9

I totally agree with you, less is more!!! but I can't remember the name of that priest and Google doesn't help either LOL
Thank you anyway!!!

:biggrin:

katydid

I used to take an advanced course, in the early 80's, with Marion March, a double Aquarian, old school astrologer. She titled her books 'the only way to learn____' ---so you get an idea how fixed she could be. lol

She would get very mad at me for drawing in those 'silly' colored lines on my charts I used in class. She'd say 'there is NO NEED for that mess, cluttering up the center of your chart'

By the end of our long semester, and after seeing all of her younger students doing it, she actually began appreciating it and eventually had her computerized printouts add the aspects. Originally she didn't. And some of us colored them in when we were preparing our homework. lol

proluna9

That sounds like she tried really hard to hold onto her principles and then caved in totally defeated!!! I am so happy to be a mutable sign, I can go with rules or totally without... nothing is the perfect formula anyway!!!

Your story is really "colorful" LOL

Lin

LOL...I think this teacher was just optimistic about her students ability to be able to discern the aspects without the lines.
After some time and many many charts one realizes it's not necessary.

LIN

waybread

The main thing is that the chart should be legible. Too many aspect lines can really clutter up a chart. Then there's the aspectarian. I appreciate the one used by Astrodienst. Sometimes a posted chart doesn't include the degrees, at least not in a legible form, and it's good to have a way to check them.