Aunt on Facebook

wan

Yeah, but there is no good reason to hate (it's usually hate, not just "dislike") an entire race or ethnic group. So, that rules out the White Supremacists I've met. There's an element of violence as well. You really should rule them out as dating partners.

Thanks for your concerns David but I dont think I have to worry about that. They would not want me. I am Asian.

david starling

There was this one guy from Texas I was becoming friendly with. Until he saw a long-time black friend of mine with his white girlfriend, and said "They should both be shot!" :devil:

wan

There was this one guy from Texas I was becoming friendly with. Until he saw a long-time black friend of mine with his white girlfriend, and said "They should both be shot!" :devil:

I think it's natural. Men are naturally territorial, especially when it comes to the females of their race. I lost count how many times I have heard on an Asian-dominant forum that "our women are being stolen".

wan

They usually have very little against Asians. And, you could theoretically, fit someone's type just by chance.

I guess. But there are plenty of fish in the sea. Not about to go to a march/protest in the States to find love. Plenty of white men here. Well, actually, not that plenty, because our area has been inundated with non-white immigration for decades. It's getting harder and harder to see white people.

Osamenor

Staff member
He said that posting racist comments was against the rules. However, he did not define what racism was.

Yes he did. He said:

It IS possible to have a spirited discussion on race WITHOUT directly attacking others and being racist. The definition of racism used here is: deciding on the good or bad quality of someone based on the color of their skin.

Tim

And I have something to add to that. If anyone who falls into the racial category being talked about--in this case, black--would reasonably feel less safe on the forum because of what's being said, it does not belong here. To that end, I've gone back over and deleted some of the posts wilsontc left, because I see it falling down that slope, even more so with posts that were made after his warning. If I were black and saw people saying I should go "back" to Africa, I didn't love America, it needs white people but doesn't need me... I would feel threatened, especially if those comments were not moderated.

I will continue to moderate such comments, and will close the thread if necessary. If anyone PERSISTS in making comments like that, it is a rule violation and will be dealt with as such. Might I remind you all that there was a recent banning brought on by racist comments.

Although I started this thread, I have no qualms about closing it. The discussion has taken another turn from what it started with, but as long as it stays more or less on the subject WITHOUT turning racist, it's fine. If not, if there are any more racist comments, it WILL be closed, and anyone who makes those racist comments will receive at least a strong warning, maybe more if they've been warned for this before.

Final warning on this thread,
Osamenor

david starling

I think it's natural. Men are naturally territorial, especially when it comes to the females of their race. I lost count how many times I have heard on an Asian-dominant forum that "our women are being stolen".

But you're an individualist. Anyone who thinks men and women "owe it to" their own race or religion to avoid dating outside their ethnic group wouldn't be your type anyway.

It was the "They should both be shot!" that really repulsed me about this guy. Anyway, the word "miscegenation" is exclusively a racist word in the hateful sense.

wan

But you're an individualist. Anyone who thinks men and women "owe it to" their own race or religion to avoid dating outside their ethnic group wouldn't be your type anyway.

It was the "They should both be shot!" that really repulsed me about this guy. Anyway, the word "miscegenation" is exclusively a racist word in the hateful sense.

Not going to respond to any of this. I think Osa wants to ban me.

aquarius7000

As a matter of fact, I do not have any black friends. However, this is more due to the fact that there simply aren't too many black people where I live. And on the rare occasions that I do see one, such as in school or work setting, I have zero problem establishing a comfortable rapport with them.

So, it would be safe to conclude that all the "whining" (by the blacks) that "annoys" you is based on media propaganda basically. You do know that media loves to misconstrue stuff as per what sells best on a particular day.

There are entire documentaries on this.

david starling

Yes he did. He said:

And I have something to add to that. If anyone who falls into the racial category being talked about--in this case, black--would reasonably feel less safe on the forum because of what's being said, it does not belong here. To that end, I've gone back over and deleted some of the posts wilsontc left, because I see it falling down that slope, even more so with posts that were made after his warning. If I were black and saw people saying I should go "back" to Africa, I didn't love America, it needs white people but doesn't need me... I would feel threatened, especially if those comments were not moderated.

I will continue to moderate such comments, and will close the thread if necessary. If anyone PERSISTS in making comments like that, it is a rule violation and will be dealt with as such. Might I remind you all that there was a recent banning brought on by racist comments.

Although I started this thread, I have no qualms about closing it. The discussion has taken another turn from what it started with, but as long as it stays more or less on the subject WITHOUT turning racist, it's fine. If not, if there are any more racist comments, it WILL be closed, and anyone who makes those racist comments will receive at least a strong warning, maybe more if they've been warned for this before.

Final warning on this thread,
Osamenor

I think it's about exploring the real meaning of "racism". Nothing to be alarmed about, except maybe for the prejudice against astrological Sun-signs.

david starling

So, it would be safe to conclude that all the "whining" (by the blacks) that "annoys" you is based on media propaganda basically. You do know that media loves to misconstrue stuff as per what sells best on a particular day.

There are entire documentaries on this.

Yes! A LOT of people base their personal opinions on their chosen media sources, which most often have no basis in real life.

Osamenor

Staff member
Not going to respond to any of this. I think Osa wants to ban me.

If I wanted to ban you, I would have already done it. After I'd given you a final warning and you'd done the very same thing I warned you about again.

I have not given you a final warning. I don't think I've given you a personal warning at all, although that would've happened if you hadn't taken the message. You're not that close to banning at all. But please stay that way.

What I want you, and everyone, to do is not say disparaging things about black people. Or other races of people. Speaking in favor of white supremacists gives me pause... I think I would be VERY uncomfortable with that if I were black or Jewish (heck, I'm uncomfortable with that even though I'm neither!) but other people have defused that one.

Back when Stormfront was a functioning website, I looked at it myself, and the reason why I did was I was trying to figure out what the difference was between them and me. But I couldn't stay on it for long because it was such a mind ****. Usual discussion board stuff like "welcome new members" and "anyone have a good recipe for x?" interspersed with hateful screeds. I couldn't take all that hate. Not only that, I was afraid that if I stayed on it too long, I might start believing it in spite of myself.

So actually, I think that might be worth discussing. But please let's tread carefully!

Osamenor

Staff member
I think it's about exploring the real meaning of "racism". Nothing to be alarmed about, except maybe for the prejudice against astrological Sun-signs.

Yes, that's a real problem. Especially if whoever voiced that anti-Leo prejudice is going to hold it against the moderator with the mid August birthday... :tongue:

wan

Thanks Osa, and sorry about my outburst previously.

Just wondering, would "I think black people are unattractive" be considered disparagement and therefore worthy of a warning/ban?

Just trying to find out what your boundaries are. I do not want to be banned from this site. Absolutely love the friends and conversations here.

aquarius7000

Yes! A LOT of people base their personal opinions on their chosen media sources, which most often have no basis in real life.
And just like a LOT of your posts are trying to deduce out of Wan's posts what her "dating preferences" are, I am trying the same formula out to find out what triggered such strong sentiments as condemning an entire race and reducing their grief (which often is due to their loved ones getting killed or children facing racism in schools/colleges) to mere "whining" and calling that annoying; asking them to leave the country, etc. That is even worse than calling them plain ugly. That is terrible racism. What it can do to the psyche of a person of the condemned group reading this, esp. if a minor, could be real sad. Just saying, but appreciate all the efforts to prove that the racism on this thread, oh well, isn't all that bad after all.

Oh and believe it or not, there indeed ARE people that will not condemn entire communities, at least so blatantly publicly, and ask them to emigrate just based off of their opinion due to some "chosen media sources". :rolleyes:

Dirius

And just like a LOT of your posts are trying to deduce out of Wan's posts what her "dating preferences" are, I am trying the same formula out to find out what triggered such strong sentiments as condemning an entire race and reducing their grief (which often is due to their loved ones getting killed or children facing racism in schools/colleges) to mere "whining" and calling that annoying; asking them to leave the country, etc. That is even worse than calling them plain ugly. That is terrible racism. What it can do to the psyche of a person of the condemned group reading this, esp. if a minor, could be real sad. Just saying, but appreciate all the efforts to prove that the racism on this thread, oh well, isn't all that bad after all.

Oh and believe it or not, there indeed ARE people that will not condemn entire communities, at least so blatantly publicly, and ask them to emigrate just based off of their opinion due to some "chosen media sources". :rolleyes:

Yeah but david might be trying to get laid. His quest is holy and sacrosanct. :lol:

Aquarius, would you date a transman? Is it discriminatory if you wouldn't?

wan

But I didnt say they should emigrate. I asked wouldn't it be easier to emigrate. There is a difference. If they decide to remain in the States I will respect that decision.