eHarmony worthwhile?

lex6819

I updated my eHarmony profile (I had an account with them, and a 3-month membership, a long time ago, but didn't meet anyone back then).

My question is, if I purchase a new 3-month membership, will I meet anyone at all this time? (by "meet" I mean an actual face to face date, not endless superficial chatting online...)

Money is tight after Christmas, so I don't want to invest if it's going to be a bust.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IfeHThenDates.gif
    IfeHThenDates.gif
    48.8 KB · Views: 57

lex6819

To me, it looks like the late ascendant might invalidate my question?

Saturn in the 7th house is probably a downer?

Maybe a better question would be *where* should I allocate my money/time/resources for the best possible result in my love life (i.e. online dating or taking a martial arts class, or signing up for a gym, etc etc - so many options, and not enough time or $$ to do them all; I'd like to narrow it down to the most likely option).

Thanks!

Vicki

Spicadilly

I would give the dating website 5th house so Venus who recently entered her exaltation near the MC, a very good site or too good to be true? Venus is also approaching cj to SN which will weaken her.

Venus in fall and detriment of Mercury so I don't think that site will give you what you want for now. You are Mercury retro in Sag and in 7th, clearly wanting a relationship but you will re-enter Cap soon and be ruled by Saturn who is in fall of Mercury as well. Cap rules the 8th, are you thinking of paying with the credit card?

Potential partners are Jupiter in --- 5th house, they just wanna have fun and date, nothing serious. They will trine you in 6 degrees.

Moon your money is void for now, in fall of Venus the dating site and will square Sun next (is it in the 8th? cant remember) maybe you will wait and then decide after all that it is not worth the investment?

kai

To me, it looks like the late ascendant might invalidate my question?

Saturn in the 7th house is probably a downer?

Maybe a better question would be *where* should I allocate my money/time/resources for the best possible result in my love life (i.e. online dating or taking a martial arts class, or signing up for a gym, etc etc - so many options, and not enough time or $$ to do them all; I'd like to narrow it down to the most likely option).

Vicki

How about taking various dance classes? Not only you get a chance to meet new people but you actually learn how to dance whatever it is that you'd like to learn. I had met two different men at a dance class and I enjoyed the class too. I need to pick up on it again things been kinda slow for me. Take Argentine tango class or salsa, samba and latin dances they are fun! Try free dating sites instead if you are tight. OR...sign up for a class (whatever u want to learn educationalwise) at a local community college depending on your age although it is time-consuming, but taking dance classes is the best imo. I should add that especially during the Milongas, lots of single people show up so if you learn to tango over time, you will meet up lot of people at the Milongas. Been on dating sites myself and even though I did meet a few guys with whom I went 'far' most I would say 95% were just dates that lasted 1-2 times so it is rare that I was into someone for long-term in dating sites.

Last edited:

lex6819

It's 1/7 issue..

keep it simple

There aren't any planets in the first house, but 3 in the 7th.

Saturn in the 6th house, not 7th as I stated before.

In the 7th house are the Sun, Pluto, and Mercury.

1st house is in Gemini, which is ruled by Mercury.

7th house in Aquarius? ruled by Uranus or Saturn (I think)

The moon is squaring Mercury.

I've been using this article on Skyscript as a sort of "cheat sheet" but it's more relevant to questions about a person than about a dating site I think (http://www.skyscript.co.uk/relationships.html)

tikana

There aren't any planets in the first house, but 3 in the 7th.

Saturn in the 6th house, not 7th as I stated before.

In the 7th house are the Sun, Pluto, and Mercury.

1st house is in Gemini, which is ruled by Mercury.

7th house in Aquarius? ruled by Uranus or Saturn (I think)

The moon is squaring Mercury.

I've been using this article on Skyscript as a sort of "cheat sheet" but it's more relevant to questions about a person than about a dating site I think (http://www.skyscript.co.uk/relationships.html)

means you wont meet anyone special on eharmony

lex6819

How about taking various dance classes? Not only you get a chance to meet new people but you actually learn how to dance whatever it is that you'd like to learn. I had met two different men at a dance class and I enjoyed the class too. I need to pick up on it again things been kinda slow for me. Take Argentine tango class or salsa, samba and latin dances they are fun! Try free dating sites instead if you are tight. ........ but taking dance classes is the best imo. I should add that especially during the Milongas, lots of single people show up so if you learn to tango over time, you will meet up lot of people at the Milongas. Been on dating sites myself and even though I did meet a few guys with whom I went 'far' most I would say 95% were just dates that lasted 1-2 times so it is rare that I was into someone for long-term in dating sites.

My last relationship lasted only 2 months. I met him online, through Craigslist. I have never been on a date from using eHarmony. I have no clue how other people are getting dates on their website.

It's funny you mentioned tango, as I've been thinking of attending a local tango beginner class that meets on Friday nights, and they do have milongas once or twice a month, on a Saturday night. It's through a mindfulness training center, so it's not strictly Argentine tango necessarily, but it sounds like fun. Thanks for the tip!!

kai

My last relationship lasted only 2 months. I met him online, through Craigslist. I have never been on a date from using eHarmony. I have no clue how other people are getting dates on their website.

It's funny you mentioned tango, as I've been thinking of attending a local tango beginner class that meets on Friday nights, and they do have milongas once or twice a month, on a Saturday night. It's through a mindfulness training center, so it's not strictly Argentine tango necessarily, but it sounds like fun. Thanks for the tip!!

TRUST ME...much more productive way to meet others than Craigslist. Never tried Craigslist and would not quite honestly. I would rather go on dating sites than Craigslist. There are more quality in people who join the tango class than Craigslist ads, so take your time and explore the dance and enjoy it because it will also give you the satisfaction of doing something beautiful and passionate while exploring others :) Good luck!

tikana

TRUST ME...much more productive way to meet others than Craigslist. Never tried Craigslist and would not quite honestly. I would rather go on dating sites than Craigslist. There are more quality in people who join the tango class than Craigslist ads, so take your time and explore the dance and enjoy it because it will also give you the satisfaction of doing something beautiful and passionate while exploring others :) Good luck!

lol you know Craigslist is used by PIs when wives hire them to spy on their husbands to see if he would fall for it or prove infedelity

LOL

lex6819

lol you know Craigslist is used by PIs when wives hire them to spy on their husbands to see if he would fall for it or prove infedelity

LOL

That's pretty funny!

My impression of Craigslist is that most of the ads posted by women seeking men are posted by bots and scammers. So, being the only "real" woman posting there gives me a huge competitive advantage - an advantage that I don't have on traditional dating sites.

I've noticed men who post ads are different from men who answer ads. Men who post are usually more passive and don't really talk about what they have to offer women. They most write ads that sound like they are placing an order for fast food.

I guess it varies depending on the city you are in, as far as how people are actually using the site.