How did you get into astrology?

wassed

My ex-girlfriend used to into astrology and she was actually really good. So one day I decided to try it myself and eventually became wholly absorbed in it.

I got into astrology -which I’m still learning for about 2 years now. But my way of getting Into it is a pretty odd way. I used to go to this restaurant close to my town it was a chinese restaurant (BOMB btw) they had this paper they would have set on the table and it was a wheel of all the zodiac animals mine was a monkey by that time I enjoyed researching the meanings of each animal and which associates with which, to be honest I find chinese astrology to be more accurate. But I then started an online FREE class it is amazing I’m learning to read birth charts because I want to help people get on the right path etc. I will leave the link down below at the end. However, i’ve haf many people tell me astrology is fake and yadiyadiyaa.. I didn’t care because the planets never lie; as we know the planets don’t change by itself overtime based on our OWN charts not general everyday horoscope parts but you know what i mean. People need to understand everyday there are lessons that need to be solved in which the planets may test us yes but how we take them is how it is dealt with but until you learn the lesson it will be tested and give you some time. I also use this app called astromatrix part of it is free but it gives u the exact time n date the planets are going to effect you. This is my first day on here i just registered today i am excited to hear from new things and learn new things about astrology. Soon to become an astrologist. ʕ •́؈•̀ ₎

The link to the free online class:
https://www.thetarotlady.com/star-school/

Hello everyone!

I first got into astrology when using an online bookmarking app called StumbleUpon.

I was in a phase of my life where I was very interested in learning about myself. I had recently understood more about myself as a woman — in learning and researching about INTJ women.

The website I stumbled on was cafeastrology.com. I ran my chart, and read the result — and I was moderately surprised. However, I was not impressed.

And then I came to this forum, and spent some time in the chat room. It was here that I met an astrologer who told me that I was studying incorrectly — and that I should be using the lahiri zodiac. She ran my chart, and made pinpoint accurate observations about me. Now I was thoroughly interested. I began studying, running my charts, doing all sorts of things ever since.

Regardless of what many people say/believe on this forum — in studying my personality, I completely disagree with the tropical zodiac. I use the lahiri zodiac, and still do many western astrology techniques. I have also studied Vedic techniques. But I primarily use Western.

I find I have to do my studies alone, because many people here refuse to discuss charts with me unless it is in the tropical zodiac. It is just a zodiac.

Someday I may write a book, titled the “union of zodiacs”.

Cool! I love the web cafeastrology

astrond24

It's always interesting to hear other peoples' experiences with astrology, so how did you get into it?

I began studying it about a year ago when Uranus was in trine with my natal Jupiter and Neptune was tightly conjunct my north node.

My first exposure to it was this little horoscope game thing I got on my nintendo DS when I was rlly young(10/11), ever since then I was interested in it but I didnt know there was more to it than sun signs. funny thing is, im a cancer sun with a leo moon and the game told me i was a cancer but i remember looking at leo and thinking "cancer doesnt feel right i wanna be this one :(" lmaaooo the leo wanted the spotlight since day 1

I tried to learn and dive deeper into it sometime around 2017 but it didnt click so i gave up on it, but got driven right back to it eventually but again couldnt get the hang of it so i gave up again, and then in july of 2019 (transit sun conjuncted my natal nn, and i believe the moon was transiting through my vertex but im not 100% on the exact day and time) i actually properly studied it and now it fascinates me so much and im so passionate about it!

rosegarden

I was watching a video about horoscopes back in 01/2019 and then this girl was like "but there's so much more than your sun sign, there's moon and rising and many other planets too".

My whole life changed after that haha. It was so interesting. :)

bluerosepetals

I got into astrology when I was maybe 15... so 10 years ago. When I was maybe 9, I found a really old book in my grandma's attic... it was about all sorts of occult stuff, which is really weird to find in a Catholic woman's house. She said that somebody gave it to her as a gift but she put in in the attic. Anyway... there was a part there about Sun signs so that would be my first contact with astrology outside of newspaper horoscopes.

When I was 15 I found out about Ascendants from my friend and after that I had to learn my whole chart. And well, after that I was hooked, haha. :biggrin:

karlantd

Thirteen. As an Aquarius moon child. I always wanted to know things. My moon is placed in the eighthhis... so everything that was taboo was an interest. Astrology really opened my eyes to a lot.

niks1822

Well I keep reading or watching videos of random things when I have free time so, I had completely forgotten about astrology for about 10 years now. A few months ago stumbled upon a video since then have been trying to read my chart and since I have conjunctions in my 6th, 7th and 12th house it's giving me a hard time but that's the fun of figuring something out on your own. Hopefully I will be able to understand that soon. Was looking for this kind of website for a month found it today so signed up immediately. Specific Forums are a good place to understand what you are trying to learn. And learning to read your own chart is what I suggest everyone because "The best well-wisher you have is YOU"

CapAquaPis

In the astrological world travel map, the 2 lines where the AC-Moon and MC-Uranus meets is near Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and I have a strong feeling my last past life was in that place when it was Saigon, South Vietnam in the 1970s. When I pressed the two lines, Pluto in MC in zenith in the same latitude, the probability of death occurred in the very place I once lived. The AC-Moon is a symbol of being female in a past life (I'm a male born Feb 15, 1980 in the US - Fontana, CA) and MC-Uranus (my sign ruler planet) is an unconventional life when the country was at war, I was between age 20-25 when my life ended.

I used to love the horoscope part in magazines when I was a kid. When I hit my teens and had access to internet that I discovered a whole world to indulge myself and learn

Fred Garvin

When I was very young, 8 to 9 years old, we lived in Houston. Back in the early 70’s, Houston was an exciting place to live. Apollo was going on and NASA Houston was receiving attention from the whole world. We were going to the Moon!

I lived in an upper middle-class suburban neighborhood on the north side. Life was literally “Leave it to Beaver” land. Dads were executives and moms were stay at home housewives. We had a country club with tennis courts and golf for the adults and a huge pool for the kids. We even had a skating rink that was THE hangout for all us kids. Moms did the bridge club, PTA, women’s club, house parties…

My mom used to host a group that met at our house weekly for cocktails and Astrology. I was fascinated by it and try as they may to get rid of me, I managed to take part in quite a bit of it, especially when “Miss Issie” was in town. Isabel Hickey used to come to Houston alot back then. I think she had family in town. I don’t know how she and my mom met, but “MissIssie” (a 9 year old boy’s name for her, sounded kinda like Mississippi without the P’s) would always come to our house for the Astrology meetings. She was a really nice lady and took to me. I think she was the reason I got to stay in so many meetings. She would teach Astrology, and even though much of it was beyond me, I did pick up alot.

My dad bought her book for my mom, and MissIssie signed it at one of the meetings at our house. MissIssie gave me my very first Astrology book, Llewelyn’s A-Z. She told my mom that I’d understand alot of it, and grow into it in time.

I still have both of those books. They are my most prized Astrology possessions!

Attachments

• First Books.jpg
    First Books.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 38
  • Isabel Autograph.jpg
    Isabel Autograph.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 43

Humanitarian

It's always interesting to hear other peoples' experiences with astrology, so how did you get into it?

I began studying it about a year ago when Uranus was in trine with my natal Jupiter and Neptune was tightly conjunct my north node.
I love astrology so much that I studied it at my 1st Jupiter return

satya7

Linda Goodman Sun Signs - I think this was the book that introduced me to astrology. I soon started categorizing people into 12 boxes and it seemed to work most of the time. Then she had left some clues in the book, she would keep mentioning about Ascendant sign and Moon signs, and that's where I started probing more and got to understand the full birth chart. Sun sign is just tiny part of the puzzle. cafeastrology.com helped to learn more about planet in signs and houses.

chay

Banned
Linda Goodman Sun Signs - I think this was the book that introduced me to astrology. I soon started categorizing people into 12 boxes and it seemed to work most of the time. Then she had left some clues in the book, she would keep mentioning about Ascendant sign and Moon signs, and that's where I started probing more and got to understand the full birth chart. Sun sign is just tiny part of the puzzle. cafeastrology.com helped to learn more about planet in signs and houses.

Same! My mum got the book when I was a kid and by 12 years old I knew everyone's star sign. Kids at school would ask me their star sign and what it meant. I still love Linda Goodman and I love the way she wrote with the Peter Pan references throughout the book. In fact Satya, I think I might buy myself all her books again!
She was an amazing Astrologer and sadly with her daughter being missing showed us that even Astrologers will have some things we just cannot answer or make sense of.
I remember reading something she said when I was young, which was that children, particularly young girls would become sexualised too young by media and sales.She wrote they'd start wearing makeup and lingerie etc and at the time I read it, it was unheard of. She was right though sadly.
When I was 17-18 years old I got my chart done by Astrology House (the makers of Janus software), Hamish Saunders read it to me. So at around 19 I went and did their beginner course and they knew I was pregnant before I did! Dropping hints with big grins on their faces. I was even invited and joined the NZ Astrology Foundation based on my chart. They told me I would spend a lot of my life doing Astrology on computers and at the time computers were so new and like a SciFi movie to me :lol: so I didn't think it would happen. After I had my daughter I left the Foundation as life was busy, but I did take my newborn to a meeting and she got to be in their beautiful space and atmosphere. Such lovely people and all wizards! :lol:
So I learned Uranian Astrology really, although back then we did a horoscope and not a dial and we used the Placidius system, which I still use. Reinhold Ebertin's Combination of Stellar Influences was my bible and I look at Alfred Witte's book nearly every day.

Enjoyed reading this thread about everyone's first experience with astrology!

For me it all began at age 15 when I was browsing through aisles of The Strand bookstore in New York City. There I came across an aisle of books on metaphysics and astrology. It was love at first sight. I was instantly hooked and never turned back.

About 10 years later, I met an astrology book author who taught me everything. I picked his brain and he was happy to share all his knowledge. It was just a fun hobby for me then, but I took the science seriously... it made complete sense.

Now, 40 years later, I'm taking all that reading and embarking on professional astrology studies. Don't know why it didn't occur to me sooner that this is my true passion. I guess I had to wait for a stellium of planets to line up in my 9th house, triggering the inspiration to trade my current career for astrology.

I am very excited to immerse in this field with Jupiter and Neptune getting ready to conjunct in my 9th house, with the Sun, Moon, Venus and Mars all clustered there on the same day in 2022!

My parents were into New Age and esoteric stuff (4. House Scorpio with Pluto in it). Most of it didn’t resonate with me(rational Capricorn) except Astrology. I think it’s because of my Aqua Moon.
I got into it when transiting Neptune was making conjunction to my Moon.. I was very young (14ish or 15ish).

High-minded

I got into the vehicle, learned a lot of things, crashed the vehicle a few times, have been close to totally writing it off, but yet the vehicle still goes and I am still moving.

david starling

My parents were into New Age and esoteric stuff (4. House Scorpio with Pluto in it). Most of it didn’t resonate with me(rational Capricorn) except Astrology. I think it’s because of my Aqua Moon.
I got into it when transiting Neptune was making conjunction to my Moon.. I was very young (14ish or 15ish).

I have an Aqua Moon. I used to say I have no Earth in my natal-chart, but then I discovered that there are tropical, precessional Ages, as well as the sidereal Ages the "New Age Movement" was about. So I have my natal tropical Age-marker in Earth-sign Capricorn in my tropical chart, like everyone else. The Cap/Aqua combination is where it's at!

Last edited: