RASA School of Astrology.. Robin Armstrong

Luney

Hi Astro Peeps!
IM wondering if anyone has has been granted a scholarship from Robins Astrology School.

In all my efforts to save for a course, I’ve been granted a Scolarship with RASA.
Totally over the moon that I get this opportunity.

I’m wondering if anyone is doing the course or have completed it.?

How was your learning experience?

Look forward to hearing from any students .

Thanks
Luney☉♏︎

Last edited:

HarmonE

Hi Luney!

Yes I am doing the course as well with Robin. I'm in my third year now, finishing up Module 5. I have found the course to work well for me as I can proceed at my own pace and learn when works best for me. I also have a job that allows me to listen to audio files easily so it has been a good fit in this regard as well. The earlier modules are easier to do this way, but some of the lectures in the more advanced modules are more complex and one needs to be able to refer to charts or a computer program to follow.

My biggest complaint is that you can feel like you are having to figure it out on your own with some of the tasks. Robin has just setup an online forum similar to this one where you can ask questions and look at what others have asked as well. It is a replacement for the old one which was outdated. Sometimes I struggled to know what I had to prepare to complete each module. For instance I believe that I am studying for a test to complete Module 5 and 6 (Transits and progressions) however I have no idea what that specifically entails.

Has he sent you a link to the online student forum?

Last edited:

HarmonE

There is an application process where you provide your birth data as well as answer a bunch of questions mostly to do with your commitment level to the material. Im not sure how many applicants are successful tbh

Chrysalis

There is an application process where you provide your birth data as well as answer a bunch of questions mostly to do with your commitment level to the material. Im not sure how many applicants are successful tbh

Ive applied, thanks for the link, fingers crossed for me, as there's no way i can afford the course, and would love to do it.

Ive only just recieved my birth time too last week, as had to apply to the hospital i was born in for it, so that was a lucky call.

Luney

Can you give a link to this course please.

Luney how did you manage/end up getting a scholarship ?
I wrote an email in the application section. I only wrote a short paragraph on my love of astrology and he asked for your birth details. I guess to peek at wether your at that stage of study or not. I had a reply within 2 weeks of submitting my application.
I am so happy. This is really what I need now .
:biggrin:

Luney

Hi Luney!

Yes I am doing the course as well with Robin. I'm in my third year now, finishing up Module 5. I have found the course to work well for me as I can proceed at my own pace and learn when works best for me. I also have a job that allows me to listen to audio files easily so it has been a good fit in this regard as well. The earlier modules are easier to do this way, but some of the lectures in the more advanced modules are more complex and one needs to be able to refer to charts or a computer program to follow.

My biggest complaint is that you can feel like you are having to figure it out on your own with some of the tasks. Robin has just setup an online forum similar to this one where you can ask questions and look at what others have asked as well. It is a replacement for the old one which was outdated. Sometimes I struggled to know what I had to prepare to complete each module. For instance I believe that I am studying for a test to complete Module 5 and 6 (Transits and progressions) however I have no idea what that specifically entails.

Has he sent you a link to the online student forum?
this is great to hear! :smile:
Yes I am on the forum . Have contacted Robin a couple of times. He is very reliable. I’m so happy to be doing this. This has been long waiting for me , I really didn’t think I’d get it at my age. So stoked. Really changed my life. :smile:
Well I will just keep asking questions..really happy to meet you here. hope to see you on the forums at RASA HarmonE .. :smile: I am doing hand charts which I haven’t done in 25 years.. and listening to the classes at night.. a long way to go..so exciting.. ! :smile:

Luney

Ive applied, thanks for the link, fingers crossed for me, as there's no way i can afford the course, and would love to do it.

Ive only just recieved my birth time too last week, as had to apply to the hospital i was born in for it, so that was a lucky call.

All the best on your application. I guess it is a pot luck application. I simply wrote from my heart, not my head. As well, I did an election chart when I sent it. I’m sure that helped..
Good luck Chrysalis .
I’d this application doesn’t get through this term, I’d certainly try again. :smile:

Chrysalis

All the best on your application. I guess it is a pot luck application. I simply wrote from my heart, not my head. As well, I did an election chart when I sent it. I’m sure that helped..
Good luck Chrysalis .
I’d this application doesn’t get through this term, I’d certainly try again. :smile:

Yes so did i, im a very upfront person anyway, so i wasn't trying to make myself out to be someone im not, i just told the truth as of why i could do with a scholarship to enable me to do their course.

You did an election chart too...clever you :tongue:, i never even thought of that, i may try that next time around for applying.

Luney with regards to the scholarship, do you start from stage 1, or does it go on your experience you already have with Astrology ?

I have a feeling that they check out your natal chart first to see if your the type of person to persevere with the course or not lol.

and he asked for your birth details. I guess to peek at wether your at that stage of study or not.
Yes this is what i mean, i knew this would be happening, this is how they select people....well i do have my Pr sun/mercury in my 9th house right now...i hope this is enough.

Last edited:

Luney

Yes so did i, im a very upfront person anyway, so i wasn't trying to make myself out to be someone im not, i just told the truth as of why i could do with a scholarship to enable me to do their course.

You did an election chart too...clever you :tongue:, i never even thought of that, i may try that next time around for applying.

Luney with regards to the scholarship, do you start from stage 1, or does it go on your experience you already have with Astrology ?

I have a feeling that they check out your natal chart first to see if your the type of person to persevere with the course or not lol. 4 years and a bachelor degree.. surely there’s something in for you xx

and he asked for your birth details. I guess to peek at wether your at that stage of study or not.
Yes this is what i mean, i knew this would be happening, this is how they select people....well i do have my Pr sun/mercury in my 9th house right now...i hope this is enough.

My sun and Mercury are pr. 3rd house Capricorn..
I think you are too advanced for this , although, you could skim along the first part with no intensity. He gives you all the work so you could go through it and move ahead at your own pace. Do the tests, hand them in, keep on moving. Getting that certificate is well worth the effort for me. I think any test is hard... lol .A 4 year course and a bachelor degree in astrology, there surely something in it for you..xx

Last edited:

Chrysalis

My sun and Mercury are pr. 3rd house Capricorn..
I think you are too advanced for this , although, you could skim along the first part with no intensity. He gives you all the work so you could go through it and move ahead at your own pace. Do the tests, hand them in, keep on moving. Getting that certificate is well worth the effort for me. I think any test is hard... lol .A 4 year course and a bachelor degree in astrology, there surely something in it for you..xx

Why you saying im too advanced ? Because my PR sun/merc are in 9th house and yours are in 3rd...I thought 9th was to do with higher education and even astrology.But then 3rd is still a learning house.

I don't feel like I'm too advanced for it, I still struggle with the signs. But doing a proper course would be great and something I'd love to be able to do.

HarmonE

Great to meet you too Luney! It sounds like you have found this at the right time for you! If you enjoy getting really deep with the nuances of astrology you will like Robin's style. He makes you think about the intricacies in a way that a book or a cookie-cutter type program would not.

Onwards with the journey!

HarmonE

I have a feeling that they check out your natal chart first to see if your the type of person to persevere with the course or not lol.

Yes I do think he looks at your natal to see your affinity with the material. But I remember him saying in one of his lectures that he looks to see if a person has gone through some upheaval, some challenges, some turning points. Essentially he is saying that those that most 'get' astrology are those that have been through some challenges that have made them grow and be empathetic so they can see the greater meaning of it all.

Luney

Yes I do think he looks at your natal to see your affinity with the material. But I remember him saying in one of his lectures that he looks to see if a person has gone through some upheaval, some challenges, some turning points. Essentially he is saying that those that most 'get' astrology are those that have been through some challenges that have made them grow and be empathetic so they can see the greater meaning of it all.
Ahah.. That makes sense. Hence my age .. I have had a lot of experience with challenges, upheavals and personal pains. :wink:
That’s great HarmonE..thanks. :biggrin:
Correspondence is difficult . I hope you get through the next bit ok! I just opened a heap of files and ��.cool... I find Robin great to listen too.totally different to what I expected..quite funny and quirky! :w00t: and a bit painful I edited...lol

Last edited:

Luney

Why you saying im too advanced ? Because my PR sun/merc are in 9th house and yours are in 3rd...I thought 9th was to do with higher education and even astrology.But then 3rd is still a learning house.

I don't feel like I'm too advanced for it, I still struggle with the signs. But doing a proper course would be great and something I'd love to be able to do.
I’ve been following your posts for a while now, and I thought you were really experienced. :tongue: I’ve put my solar return and progressed chart and natal together. I would consider both houses 3 and 9 study houses..and signs and planets and transits in these houses.