Are the first 6 signs the youngest ?

Chrysalis

Would you say Aries, taurus, gemini,cancer, leo,virgo are the youngest signs in their nature and the other six the oldest, with pisces being the oldest.:unsure:

So say someone who has a lot of Aries/gemini for instance in their charts would be very childlike.

And someone with a lot of capricorn/aquarius will come across as more mature. But then again saturn rules both these signs i know.

Animatrix

Would you say Aries, taurus, gemini,cancer, leo,virgo are the youngest signs in their nature and the other six the oldest, with pisces being the oldest.:unsure:

So say someone who has a lot of Aries/gemini for instance in their charts would be very childlike.

And someone with a lot of capricorn/aquarius will come across as more mature. But then again saturn rules both these signs i know.

I think so.

But Saturn doesn't rule Aquarius!!! It can't be. Uranus is his ruler and I'm sure of that!

Chrysalis

Yes i know uranus rules, but traditionally saturn rules i thought in natal we used saturn :unsure:

Or is it just that some of us have different views on the ruler ?

So it makes sense what i said then about the first 6 signs being the youngest, starting with Aries being the youngest ?

Animatrix

Yes i know uranus rules, but traditionally saturn rules i thought in natal we used saturn :unsure:

Or is it just that some of us have different views on the ruler ?

So it makes sense what i said then about the first 6 signs being the youngest, starting with Aries being the youngest ?

Aries is the youngest. It represents birth and the child, it is the most innocent and childlike sign of all.

Chrysalis

So in the example i gave where someone has a lot of Aries or gemini prominence in their chart, this would make them rather childlike/young at heart ?

Or would we more need to take into consideration the aspects too.

I can't think of any childlike famous people to look at their chart.

Its okay thanks anyway, ill do some probing into this.

Animatrix

So in the example i gave where someone has a lot of Aries or gemini prominence in their chart, this would make them rather childlike/young at heart ?

Or would we more need to take into consideration the aspects too.

I can't think of any childlike famous people to look at their chart.

Its okay thanks anyway, ill do some probing into this.

Maybe, I don't know. It has alot to do with aspects. Hard Saturn aspects makes a person considerably older. Hard aspects from Saturn to the Sun or Ascendant will make someone "older" in some sense. Saturn placed in the 1st too can do this, or in the 5th. Maybe 7th too...

But even the harmonious aspects.

So you will have to look for Aries, Taurus, Gemini whose suns and ascendants are not aspected by Saturn, and who got a lot of these 3 signs in their chart. And with Saturn NOT sitting in the 1st, 5th, 7th houses.

Maybe Jupiter in the 5th, or Mars in the 5th, will make a person be more childlike.

waybread

No.

This idea of maturity or enlightenment through-the-signs by the numbers was popularized by Dane Rudhyar, but his specific interest was in the horoscope as a kind of model for human personal development.

But zodiac time is circular time. Pisces is succeded by Aries. It's not linear time.

Animatrix, surely by now you are aware of the signs with modern rulers (Scorpio, Aquarius, Pisces) as having traditional rulers, as well. You might consider what rulers they could have possibly had prior to the discovery of Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto.

Many western astrologers practice traditional astrology, where the modern outer planets might have relevance as thematic rulers, but not as sign rulers due to their not fitting into the table of essential dignities.
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/essential_dignities.html

Chrysalis, it might help to consider that Aries is ruled by Mars, the planet of anger, assertiveness, and action (as the cardinal fire sign.)

Mercury rules the youthful stage of life. I do think that people with Mercury-ruled Virgo and Gemini strong in their chart tend to appear more youthful throughout life.

But a horoscope always has to be understood as a whole. Someone might have the sun in Virgo, but with a heavy Capricorn and Saturn influence, you might see more of the Saturn nature than the Mercurial nature.

Abby83

Yes like waybread said, look at what phase of life each planet rules.

Eg: moon - baby.

Mercury - childhood.

Venus - teenagers.

Sun - young adulthood.

Mars - age 40 to 50.

Jupiter - age 50 to 60.

Saturn - age 60 onwards.

dr. farr

Historically the sign of Cancer has been most associated with infancy, the sign of Capricorn with old age.

Aries has been historically associated with beginnings, starts, first things, but not so relative to age.

Ukpoohbear

I was told it was connected to the level we are at on what we are currently learning in reincarnation. Once you go through the signs you start again with a new theme (maybe). It is like a previous user said the signs are continuing and not numbered by age or strongest.

And like another user said the signs are not important but the planets. Saturn is sign of an old soul and Moon young soul. A Moon in first might indicate a young soul.

The recent labelling of things like strength and age is worrying because nothing is black and white and the truth in metaphysical subjects like astrology points to that.

Last edited:

Chrysalis

[]bI was told it was connected to the level we are at on what we are currently learning in reincarnation. Once you go through the signs you start again with a new theme (maybe).[/b] It is like a previous user said the signs are continuing and not numbered by age or strongest.

And like another user said the signs are not important but the planets. Saturn is sign of an old soul and Moon young soul. A Moon in first might indicate a young soul.

The recent labelling of things like strength and age is worrying because nothing is black and white and the truth in metaphysical subjects like astrology points to that.

Yes that's what i thought, i was thinking if you were a pisces rising or dominant pisces that you were at the end of your cycle, hence pisces being classed as the spiritual sign.

Ukpoohbear

Yes that's what i thought, i was thinking if you were a pisces rising or dominant pisces that you were at the end of your cycle, hence pisces being classed as the spiritual sign.

I don't think it is as clear as that either because that would mean every wise person would have Pisces in their chart and then every spirit is Pisces in nature and Pisces is the ultimate sign when there are positives and negative to every sign. Also Pisces has compassion but that does not mean the other signs do not either :biggrin:

The nodes can show where we have been and where we are going. The most important thing is there is a choice in the natal chart of how to best use the energy and that includes being present in every moment and aware of whether you are doing the right thing for yourself which will include not harming others.