Saturn in 5th

Good12

Just wanted to get some information and opinions on Capricorn Saturn in 5th also ruler of the 5th house. Usually Saturn slows down and restricts the activities of the house its in, but if its the lord of that house, does it energize it and create some relief or further increase restrictions or delays?

Edit: Just wanted to add that the Saturn has only 1 aspect to it. A Sextile from exalted Venus in 7th house.

Last edited:

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Both Saturn and Capricorn incline towards sterility, so it could be an argument towards few or no children. However, being in a sextile from Venus in a very prolific sign could augment that, but Venus typically is not powerful enough on her own to overcome the influences of Saturn.

But, Saturn is going to manifest things of his nature, and Saturn in Capricorn likes to be alone, so perhaps the native's ideas of fun and pleasure are things that are typically done alone?

Good12

Both Saturn and Capricorn incline towards sterility, so it could be an argument towards few or no children. However, being in a sextile from Venus in a very prolific sign could augment that, but Venus typically is not powerful enough on her own to overcome the influences of Saturn.

But, Saturn is going to manifest things of his nature, and Saturn in Capricorn likes to be alone, so perhaps the native's ideas of fun and pleasure are things that are typically done alone?

I tend to spend most of my time alone. But if I had to choose, I would rather not be alone. I do however tend to accomplish alot more when I am alone, more focused and creative.

One of the things that may be related to Saturn in 5th is that for me, when I do things that are considered 5th house activities (sports, games, parties, etc.), I have to make sure that I am gaining something form it. Otherwise it will feel like a waste of time. Parties tend to bore me, unless there is something to do. Hanging out won't cut it. There is alot of anxiety tied up these areas. Rarely take risks, but when I do, I stress out myself out alot, even if it was a good idea. Its strange, I feel like I have to get ahead or prove something when it comes to 5th house situations.

Truly an awkward Saturn. Not fun to have.

kimbermoon

I would assess your Saturn as being well dignified and likely positive in it's expression through you...The double influence of Capricorn can be conducive to leadership skills, practicality and prudence, and the ability to create stability and security, as I am sure you know...have you experienced your Saturn Return as yet? :whistling:

Claire19

Depending on its aspects it can indicate only one child or none at all.
That child can act as the parent or is very serious.

Usually hobbies and interests have a practical application and there can be an interest in leatherwork, stones and gems and clockworks.
You may vacation alone or feel that you dont have enough time off and you would not be one for the limelight with performing arts for instance but again depending on the rest of the chart.
No one aspect can be taken on its own. You wont have a lot of lovers I wouldnt think and one may be much older or more established and this is not a light hearted placement in a house that is essentially about fun and games. You may find it hard to actually relax and have fun.

Last edited:

Good12

I would assess your Saturn as being well dignified and likely positive in it's expression through you...The double influence of Capricorn can be conducive to leadership skills, practicality and prudence, and the ability to create stability and security, as I am sure you know...have you experienced your Saturn Return as yet? :whistling:

Saturn in 5th generally has some difficult things that I mentioned above. Being in its own sign and ruler of its own house, I figured it must also have some benefits to it, especially since there are not afflictions to it. I just havn't seen its good side yet.

No I havn't had a Saturn Return just yet. :unsure: Should I be worried? lol

Claire19 said:
Depending on its aspects it can indicate only one child or none at all.
That child can act as the parent or is very serious.

Usually hobbies and interests have a practical application and there can be an interest in leatherwork, stones and gems and clockworks.
You may vacation alone or feel that you dont have enough time off and you would not be one for the limelight with performing arts for instance but again depending on the rest of the chart.
No one aspect can be taken on its own. You wont have a lot of lovers I wouldnt think and one may be much older or more established and this is not a light hearted placement in a house that is essentially about fun and games. You may find it hard to actually relax and have fun.

I definetly agree with you. Other parts of my life are doing well. I have good job, well liked by superiors and colleages.(Thnx Jupiter!) I usually make friends easily. (Moon in 11th?) My major focus in life is my Sun and Mercury in 8th house which is very strong.

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b556/Rara1210/astro_2gw_01_z1849916848_zps98561d98.gif

Saturn is kind of isolated actually, compared to other planets.

Moog

Just wanted to get some information and opinions on Capricorn Saturn in 5th also ruler of the 5th house. Usually Saturn slows down and restricts the activities of the house its in, but if its the lord of that house, does it energize it and create some relief or further increase restrictions or delays?

Edit: Just wanted to add that the Saturn has only 1 aspect to it. A Sextile from exalted Venus in 7th house.

It is said that a house lord always looks after it's own house. So his presence in the 5th shouldn't actually damage it. His dignity is also a good thing.

However, his natural character is to 'dry', restrict, retard.

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Good12 said:
I tend to spend most of my time alone. But if I had to choose, I would rather not be alone. I do however tend to accomplish alot more when I am alone, more focused and creative.

One of the things that may be related to Saturn in 5th is that for me, when I do things that are considered 5th house activities (sports, games, parties, etc.), I have to make sure that I am gaining something form it. Otherwise it will feel like a waste of time. Parties tend to bore me, unless there is something to do. Hanging out won't cut it. There is alot of anxiety tied up these areas. Rarely take risks, but when I do, I stress out myself out alot, even if it was a good idea. Its strange, I feel like I have to get ahead or prove something when it comes to 5th house situations.

It sounds to me like you've already got your Saturn figured out! Were you born during the day or night?

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Well, Saturn in this position isn't going to have a whole of shiny things associated with it. He is the greater malefic after all, and he tends to like to deny things from people, but I don't think that will be the case with your Saturn, especially if he's in a day chart. The most likely case is that he's going to end up being more descriptive of your child (probably a daughter). I imagine Saturn in Capricorn would likely produce one, but there's a good chance that this wouldn't happen until later in life (Saturn likes to put things off until then) or it would be something that had some difficulties involved in it or took a while to manifest.

If Capricorn is on the Fifth, then Aquarius is on the Sixth and the Lord of the Sixth in the Fifth can show illnesses coming to the native's children, but dignified planets ruling this house actually show good health, so it will probably be something that's very useful for your child, and something you may have benefited from yourself since it's in the house of Good Fortune.

Sometimes planets in our charts aren't about or for us. It's kind of strange at times.

Good12

The most likely case is that he's going to end up being more descriptive of your child (probably a daughter). I imagine Saturn in Capricorn would likely produce one, but there's a good chance that this wouldn't happen until later in life (Saturn likes to put things off until then) or it would be something that had some difficulties involved in it or took a while to manifest.

Sometimes planets in our charts aren't about or for us. It's kind of strange at times.

Definitely not in a hurry to have kids. But eventually yes.

I tend to avoid the subject of children when looking at my chart simply because I don't want any ideas to influence my attitude or expectations for them. The chart may be right, but I'll just hope for the best and find out someday.

Kaiousei no Senshi said:
Well, Saturn in this position isn't going to have a whole of shiny things associated with it. He is the greater malefic after all, and he tends to like to deny things from people, but I don't think that will be the case with your Saturn, especially if he's in a day chart.

After reading that, I'm assuming certain planets are stronger/weaker during certain times of the day? Could you elaborate a little, for example what planets are more active during what time of the day etc.

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Good12 said:
I tend to avoid the subject of children when looking at my chart simply because I don't want any ideas to influence my attitude or expectations for them. The chart may be right, but I'll just hope for the best and find out someday.

Fair enough, I'll stop mentioning it.

After reading that, I'm assuming certain planets are stronger/weaker during certain times of the day? Could you elaborate a little, for example what planets are more active during what time of the day etc.

Some planets are easier to use more positively during the day, while others are more positive at night. This is the classical condition of sect. Saturn is of the diurnal sect, so people born during the day tend to have an easier time with Saturn and are able to use him more constructively, while he tends to make more of a mess for people born at night. Just for comparison, my Saturn is also in Capricorn, but retrograde and out of sect in my night chart, he's in the Eleventh house, ruling that house. So, we can say that I have friends (which is certainly true), but Saturn is difficult here because of his debility, so he causes difficulties for my friends. They tend to be somewhat destitute or of a more meager "lifestyle" (i.e. don't make as much money, don't own their home, that kind of thing), have intense health difficulties from dryness (bone and joint problems, eating disorders, isolation), or have made exceptionally bad life decisions. The positive side (thanks to Saturn being in his domicile) is that my friendships are extremely long lasting.

Good12

Just for comparison, my Saturn is also in Capricorn, but retrograde and out of sect in my night chart, he's in the Eleventh house, ruling that house. So, we can say that I have friends (which is certainly true), but Saturn is difficult here because of his debility, so he causes difficulties for my friends. They tend to be somewhat destitute or of a more meager "lifestyle" (i.e. don't make as much money, don't own their home, that kind of thing), have intense health difficulties from dryness (bone and joint problems, eating disorders, isolation), or have made exceptionally bad life decisions. The positive side (thanks to Saturn being in his domicile) is that my friendships are extremely long lasting.

Saturn seems very powerful in your chart. Amazing.

Since you have 11th Cap, your Asc must be Pisces! Your chart sounds like opposite to me :joyful:

I did some more research. Apparently, Sun, Jupiter and Mars gain strength during day time. I never heard that concept before but it's interesting. I use to think my Mars the least strength of all.