Solar return Midheaven - bad news for my career?

Blue Lioness

Hello there,

I've just recently turned 31 and after many years trying to stablish myself in my career, the last two years were pretty good for me. But now my Solar Return indicates a SR Midheaven opposite my Natal Midheaven, and from what I've been reading is a position that indicates end of cycles and retirement.

In one month I noticed some things changed already - my arts are not selling the way they were - and I'm afraid I'll have to change drastically what I do professionally. But the thing is: I love what I do and I don't want to work with something else.

Could someone please help me to understand this position? Does it indicate the end of what I do or could it just be a big change in the way I do it?

Also:
I know MC also relates to father figure, and my father has cancer and will be having an important surgery in the next weeks. How could I know if this MC position will affect my career or my father?

Attachments

• astro_23gw_bia_201995.54984.65486.jpg
    astro_23gw_bia_201995.54984.65486.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 34

Osamenor

Staff member
Hello there,

I've just recently turned 31 and after many years trying to stablish myself in my career, the last two years were pretty good for me. But now my Solar Return indicates a SR Midheaven opposite my Natal Midheaven, and from what I've been reading is a position that indicates end of cycles and retirement.
All that really means is the chart is flipped, with all the SR angles and houses opposite their natal versions. That's pretty common in solar return charts--seems to me it happens to everyone once every few years--and how it actually plays out varies a lot.

Obviously, you're too young to retire. There's no way the retirement meaning could apply if you're not retirement age.

I know MC also relates to father figure, and my father has cancer and will be having an important surgery in the next weeks. How could I know if this MC position will affect my career or my father?
Your SR chart doesn't affect anything. It just reflects what's happening for you. If you already know your father is ill and having surgery, then you already see one manifestation. (Traditionally, the MC indicates the mother and the IC the father, but some consider the entire MC/IC axis to indicate both parents). That doesn't necessarily mean nothing's happening with your career, but the parent meaning definitely applies. The career meaning might or might not.

The most important considerations in your SR chart are where you're seeing planets, and where in your natal chart the SR ascendant falls. No SR planets are in your fourth or tenth house (except Uranus in the SR 4th/natal 10th), but there seems to be a cluster around the SR seventh/natal first and second, and the SR twelfth/natal seventh houses. Looks like the real theme that's up is others and partnership.

Do you see a relationship theme in your own life? If you have a romantic relationship beginning or ending or simply being a focus of your life, that's one way the theme could show up. Another way is business partnership. In your career, do you work alone, or do others play a part? Possibly, entering some sort of collaboration is a step you should take right now. That might mean creating art with others. That might mean partnering with one or more other people to market your art, or to come up with new ways of showing it.

Last edited:

Blue Lioness

Obviously, you're too young to retire. There's no way the retirement meaning could apply if you're not retirement age.

Your SR chart doesn't affect anything. It just reflects what's happening for you. If you already know your father is ill and having surgery, then you already see one manifestation. (Traditionally, the MC indicates the mother and the IC the father, but some consider the entire MC/IC axis to indicate both parents). That doesn't necessarily mean nothing's happening with your career, but the parent meaning definitely applies. The career meaning might or might not.

The most important considerations in your SR chart are where you're seeing planets, and where in your natal chart the SR ascendant falls. No SR planets are in your fourth or tenth house, but there seems to be a cluster around the SR seventh/natal first and second, and the SR twelfth and first/natal seventh houses. Looks like the real theme that's up is others and partnership.

Do you see a relationship theme in your own life? If you have a romantic relationship beginning or ending or simply being a focus of your life, that's one way the theme could show up. Another way is business partnership. In your career, do you work alone, or do others play a part? Possibly, entering some sort of collaboration is a step you should take right now. That might mean creating art with others. That might mean partnering with one or more other people to market your art, or to come up with new ways of showing it.

Thank you for your reply, Osamenor.

When I read about retirement I first thought about changes that would make me drop my art and production and begin something else in a totally different area. Like, the end of my production cycle, you know? But thinking about others ways of producting and being part of a group is something that makes me more optimistic about this solar revolution.

Since Saturn entered my natal Seventh house on January my partnerships have been changing or ending abruptly and it's been a very solitary year. So, now that you've mentioned that partnerships could be an important part of my new year - both emotionally and professionally - I'm actually getting more confident about it.