intuition, imagination, instinct, uranus, neptune, mars/pluto connection

besitos

what do you think?

intuition = knowledge by means subconscious to rational thought, arrived at by projecting patterns observed. uranus.

imagination = projecting images and events not from patterns observed. Neptune

instinct = reactions informed by experience, but not necessarily a projection from anything. not necessarily logically connected. I therefore think of this more connected to mars, because pluto seems more knowledge based, but pluto is ruled by mars. Pluto may not be an action or a thought process, but it is a realm that applies to all of mankind, but in the mars realm - physical existence as humans.

mercury + uranus = intuitive thought
neptune + mercury = imaginative thought
mercury + mars = thought powered by instinct
mercury + pluto = thought informed by instinct

Last edited:

greybeard

Hmmm. Instinct: behavior mediated by reactions below the conscious level. A largely inheritable and unalterable tendency of an organism to make a complex and specific response to environmental stimuli without involving reason. [Merriam-Webster Collegiate Dictionary]

A robin, no matter where it is found, builds a nest typical of robins, never typical of swallows. Instinct.

Moon.
Natural ruler of the 4th house, where the collective unconscious resides.
Moon.
Ruler of the most primitive part of the brain, the medulla, which controls involuntary actions.
Moon.
Traditional astrological ruler of feelings, reactions, and instincts.

Moon, traditional ruler of imagination.
Moon, ruler of the unconscious forces that govern us...and of sensitivity to our surroundings. Intuition.

Moon.

Last edited:

Lin

i really believe it's counterproductive to the study of astrology to try to simplify and reduce complicated thoughts and feelings and mental acuity to a "specific formula."
LIN

Whoam1

Saturn actually forms intuition by itself, in its quablistic.

Instincts are Mars-Uranus (thought is Mercury)

Mars itself represents body so capricorns and Mars in capricorn or Mars Saturn have bodily Intuition. This is unique to that sign or planet combo.

Neptune is imagination.

Pluto is Existentiality (or existential thought with Mercury).

Lykanized

Hmmm. Instinct: behavior mediated by reactions below the conscious level. A largely inheritable and unalterable tendency of an organism to make a complex and specific response to environmental stimuli without involving reason. [Merriam-Webster Collegiate Dictionary]

A robin, no matter where it is found, builds a nest typical of robins, never typical of swallows. Instinct.

Moon.
Natural ruler of the 4th house, where the collective unconscious resides.
Moon.
Ruler of the most primitive part of the brain, the medulla, which controls involuntary actions.
Moon.
Traditional astrological ruler of feelings, reactions, and instincts.

Moon, traditional ruler of imagination.
Moon, ruler of the unconscious forces that govern us...and of sensitivity to our surroundings. Intuition.

Moon.
I know it's deviating a bit from the topic, but I'd love to read more about the 4th house and the moon relating to the collective unconscious. Usually people say the collective unconscious resides in the 12th house. I'm interested since I'm a Cancer, my moon is strong, and my north node is in the 4th house yet the interpretations of the moon and 4th house as relating to home and security never resonate with me

Anyway, OP...I have all those aspects. Mercury opposite Uranus and Neptune, sextile Mars, and trine Pluto and all in close aspects. I could probably ramble on about my thoughts regarding those aspects, but I'm gonna choose not to as my astrological knowledge is weak

greybeard

The 4th house is the Root of everything, the foundation, the Source. It is Mother Earth. This is the domicile of lands, what lies on and beneath the surface. It goes Deep.

It is the house of Heritage, that which is passed on by the Ancestors.

It is the house of the collective unconscious.

We meet life at the Ascendant. The normal flow of things is anticlockwise from there [diurnal motion, Primum Mobile]. Thus, the 12th house is regressive. It is repressed personal content, the personal unconscious. Under proper circumstances, it may be accessible to the conscious. Until brought to consciousness, this hidden material from personal experience must manifest, and is apt to result in self-defeating actions.

Lykanized

The 4th house is the Root of everything, the foundation, the Source. It is Mother Earth. This is the domicile of lands, what lies on and beneath the surface. It goes Deep.

It is the house of Heritage, that which is passed on by the Ancestors.

It is the house of the collective unconscious.

We meet life at the Ascendant. The normal flow of things is anticlockwise from there [diurnal motion, Primum Mobile]. Thus, the 12th house is regressive. It is repressed personal content, the personal unconscious. Under proper circumstances, it may be accessible to the conscious. Until brought to consciousness, this hidden material from personal experience must manifest, and is apt to result in self-defeating actions.
When people have associated this house with 'home', I'd come with an alternative angle where from it's not about a physical home, but something more incorporeal, embedded in the soul and perhaps the universe. Same with the moon

I've really really been toiling with these things because there are quite a few things that just don't feel like the interpretations are correct with my own experiences and I have this intuitive understanding of what these specific houses and planets might actually be as opposed to the common modern

Much of what you're saying really resonates with me and makes a whole lot more sense to me than interpreting this house as governing the physical home

And in any other area, the moon is regarded as something highly powerful and esoteric, or something that pierces the veil, allows us to pierce the veil. Yet people in the astrological community will say the 4th house and the moon are about security and the physical house and homelife

I agree that there's a lot to me said about intuition and the 4th h/moon since it really is the soul and much deeper than even that

And that expression of the 12th house makes sense with the influence of Pisceanism

Lykanized

In regards to the topic...
They say that easy aspects aren't as strong and the influence can be so damned easy we don't even harness their power ever. But my mind's inclined to go deep and then deeper and then even deeper and deeper like a neverending quest for...something. And what is that something? Well the whole thrill is that I don't know what it is. Perhaps that thrill comes from Mars. Pluto wants to get to the core, but what's there may not be this grand truth, but in minor instances may provide the missing piece of the puzzle the mind had been obsessing over

Mars can add some hyperactivity to the mind, highly active, hard to shut down. Perhaps there is something to be said for instincts as I find myself being able to ******** my way out of a jam with words if need be. Pluto can add an intoxicating edge to words and communication. Combined with the Uranus opposition's shameless desire to push the boundaries, shock, provoke, rebel; and yes, when underdeveloped it may be shock for the sake of shock, but then it develops into something more purposeful. Provocation for the sake of breaking people out of a perceived lull, liberation. Neptune adds a sensual edge to it all, a more fanciful air to Uranus's desire to push the boundaries and explore, explore, explore. It urges it into the artistic realm where even if what's pursued is scientific, it will always come out the other end as something completely reshaped, given an elegance, a beauty, an art, something that flows, something that goes

Words may flow in from unseen realms and you let them take all of you for moments at a time, like channeling from what you can't see but you know it's real because you can feel it

Having all of these together along with Mercury being very powerful in my chart...well, my mind is a strange, something destructive, sometimes highly transformative, fanciful, experimental, scary and twisted place and abject refusal to conform because there's this sense that there's a greater truth to be found and there's a great unrest in pursuing it because society seems to be lost on what is beyond

The risk is going too far and losing even your own sense of self reference. The thoughts become their own animal, not yours. It must be tamed and understood. The risk is also alienation as what's said might make others want to avoid you or you may want to avoid others because they seem to damned superficial and you need something more

Another risk is having such passion and power in words and communication that it's akin to putting a spell on others and you have to be careful with what you say as even if you don't intend to, you may have immense impact on others

but I should add that my Mercury, Neptune, Uranus, and Pluto are all retrograde. This is just some of my experience as a Mercurial with the aspects you listed but retrograde, save for Mars