is there a way astrology can help between choices?

Phoenixia

Hi y'all,

I was wondering, say you have 2 or 3 options about something can astrology actually help you pick ? what kind of chart would be the best for that and of course is it feasible on astrodienst? Can horary help with this?

thank you :)

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

Of course. You can think about it like a weather report, statistics or an audit - it doesn't directly state "DO THIS" but once you know what you're dealing with (strong points and weak areas) you can apply yourself to coming up with solutions that would yield the greatest outcome (or dodge a particularly destructive situation)

All kinds of charts can help you pick, even horary. What is the nature of the choices? That should help you pick the best option.

Phoenixia

Thank you very much for your quick reply :)
I posted to ask for a chart analysis but my question was pretty general as to my current situation.

This time I'd like to know which of my options seems to be the safest best bet ( knowing that it might not be the one I prefer). It's about what I should do next :
- stay in Germany find a day job and move to a city i can tolerate even though I'm not at my happiest here
- move earlier ( in May) stopping over in my old town for a while and then moving to the UAE
- move to the U.A.E as planned in mid August, staying focused on my current projects and art career
- move to the U.A.Em get a day job and do the art on the side
- none of the above :)

It's basically career, relocation and timing driven.

I was advised in my other thread to avoid the UAE for security reasons but I'm not sure how they would all of a sudden be involved in anything considering there is no history ( and the US is more focused on North Korea these days) and the UAE is pretty much like a bunker where everything is under surveillance for safety reasons.. but hey I might also be missing something.

Mercury retrograde is not helping my natural tendency to be indecisive. There is also so much I can do that I never know how to stick to one thing.. it's a doozie.

Of course. You can think about it like a weather report, statistics or an audit - it doesn't directly state "DO THIS" but once you know what you're dealing with (strong points and weak areas) you can apply yourself to coming up with solutions that would yield the greatest outcome (or dodge a particularly destructive situation)

All kinds of charts can help you pick, even horary. What is the nature of the choices? That should help you pick the best option.

dr. farr

Using the Lot of Recitude (right action to take, best thing to do) can help in choosing among several related options.

First, find the Lot of Rectitude:
Day formula: asc+mars-mercury
Night formula: asc+mercury-mars
Then note the house and sign where it falls, and its significator

Then determine the houses which relate to the choices, or the single house which relates to the choices.

In your specific case, I think 2 houses relate to your options: all your options regarding study and employment are connected in your question to whether you stay where you are (in Germany), 4th or, or whether you move to a distant locsation (the UAE), 9th house. So 2 basic houses are involved with your options: the 4th house and the 9th house.
First thing to do then is to decide between the 4th and 9th houses using the Lot of Rectitude.

Find the place of the LOR and its significator:
1) if the LOR is in the 4th house, then that's the answer (stay); if the LOR is in the 9th house, that's the answer (go); if the LOR is not in either of these houses. then:
2) See what house the significator of the LOR is in: if it is in the 4th house, then stay; if it is in the 9th house, then go; if the LOR significator is not in either the 4th or 9th house, then:
3) See what house, the 4th or the 9th, the significator of the LOR is MOVING TOWARD (flowing to), or if it is moving toward both, which house it is closer to: this is the answer to your question.

Now, if the answer is the 4th house (stay), then the matter is settled; however if the answer is the 9th house, then you have 3 options within the moving to UAE issue to decide among:
:use the first Manilius decan of the 9th house for the 1st "going to UAE" option
:use the second Manilius decan for the 2nd "going to UAE" option
:use the third Manilius decan for the 3rd "going to UAE" option
Again apply the Lot of Rectitude and its significator: if the LOR is in any of the Manilius decans, then that particular option is indicated; if the LOR is not in any of the decan signs, but its significator is in one of them, then that is the option indicated; if the LOR significator is not in the sign of any of the Manilius decans, then the Manilius decan the LOR significator is moving toward (or closest to in its direction of flow), then that is the option to be chosen as best indicated.

If in the horary chart the South Node is in the ascendant house, then none of the options are indicated at this reading; if the SN is in the 4th house, then the 9th house options are automatically indicated; if the SN is in the 9th house, then the 4th house option is automatically indicated.