Personal Style in Astrology

theoddone

Interesting thread. Thanks! I agree that music is a Venusian topic in the sense that Venus touches so strongly on aesthetics and balance. But I'd look at where Pisces and Neptune are placed in the chart to get the full picture on music.

As far as wearing black is concerned, I gotta agree with what has been said so far. I'm a musician, and when Pluto progressed by solar arc in 1979 smack dap on my natal Sun, I realised much later that I had started wearing all black, and by the end of the year I was playing regularly at CBGBs! Not too long after my Sun progressed into Scorpio and I have been "back in black" ever since.

I guess there's a relationship between punk and Pluto/Scorpio due to all the death and nihilistic energy the punk scene had, at least at the start.

My progressed Sun finally moved into Sagittarius last spring. I'm only just starting to get away from black, at least on the street but old habits die hard! When I perform, it's still black, with blue mixed in... black & blue, heheh.

Best - Rhys

I'm responding on my own thread a year and a half too late with this. Whoops.

Pisces rules my 5th house, no planets there and Neptune is in the 3rd house. I actually love punk rock, grunge, and alternative rock music the most.

Regarding Pluto/Scorpio and the relationship with punk, I actually don't think there's a connection and punk was more rebellion, which would fall under Uranus's domain. And I have Uranus (Capricorn) sextile the ASC (Scorpio). I'd say that's where my love of punk originates in addition to my Venus in Aquarius placement.