Horary in Sidereal Astrology

Senecar

Anyone use Horary charts based on Sidereal charts?

Apparently Sidereal charts are real charts based on the constellation. Tropical charts are based on seasons, and the starting point of astrological year moves away every year.

Could it be possible cause why your charts could have given wrong answers? Just wondering and exploring.

petosiris

Banned

Apparently Sidereal charts are real charts based on the constellation. Tropical charts are based on seasons, and the starting point of astrological year moves away every year.

Could it be possible cause why your charts could have given wrong answers? Just wondering and exploring.

Depends on what you mean. Dorotheus and Mashaallah were possibly siderealists and they are of the most influential ''horary'' authors. Emperor Zeno's astrologer? - ''Palchus'':

https://books.google.bg/books?id=kE...bg&source=gbs_toc_r&cad=3#v=onepage&q&f=false

He probably used Aldebaran 15 with paranatellonta of constellations to delineate the missing ship event?/question?. Curiously, he used quadrant houses. There are current horary traditions in India, not sure of any practicing sidereal horary in the west though. I do not do medieval horary and I am skeptical you will get always the right answer with sidereal or tropical. I think your chances will be the same in both.

Last edited:

Senecar

Depends on what you mean. Dorotheus and Mashaallah were possibly siderealists and they are of the most influential ''horary'' authors. Emperor Zeno's astrologer? - ''Palchus'':

https://books.google.bg/books?id=kE...bg&source=gbs_toc_r&cad=3#v=onepage&q&f=false

He probably used Aldebaran 15 with paranatellonta of constellations to delineate the missing ship event?/question?. Curiously, he used quadrant houses. There are current horary traditions in India, not sure of any practicing sidereal horary in the west though. I do not do medieval horary and I am skeptical you will get always the right answer with sidereal or tropical. I think your chances will be the same in both.

I am open minded, and trying to learn more about it.
When I look at my chart, and study carefully in Sideral, I can see, some spooky correctness that are absent in Tropical chart of my nativiy, so I am more drawn to it

For insance in my birth chart, 4th house becomes Gemini (my father's sign), and 10th house Sagitarius (my mother's sign), and my ASC becomes from Aries to Pisces = I was thinking about it, and then realised that my nature has been changed a lot since my childhood and early teens which was typical Aries, now I am more like Piscean. So Sideral is beckoning me.

Anyhow, Indian Astrolgers use Sideral a lot they say, but they also say the Indian Sideral Astrology is quite different from Western Sideral Astrology in methods, rules and delineations.

I am using 2 charts for every readings i.e. one from Sideral and the other from Tropical, and compare them throughly. Only when both are telling same points, I tend to take it as answers to questions.

Senecar

As you said, traditionally most Horary astrologers seemed to have used Tropical system apart from those two you mentioned.

I have done a few horary readings recently for my friends, and result were quite good. The most exciting reading was horary for locating missing tool parts for me, and it worked successfully. I used Tropical charts for those, but now as I said, using 2x charts for a reading = one tropical and the other sidereal.

Last edited:

muchacho

Vedic astrology has a branch called Prashna, which is horary. And it is a lot richer in methods than its western equivalent based on what I have read so far.

Shanti

My wiew after long time musing.

Is that horary/prashna are divination and the answer adjust to chosen system when asking question.

So if asking a question using the tropical system the answer is seen in that context.

But if using sidereal context the result is seen accordingly to that.

Mixing system for same question might be confusing.

Better choose system and stick to that, and the universe will provide answers accordingly.

Natal astrology is open for comparison however..

My 5 cents.....

muchacho

Any good book recommendations for Vedic Astrology and Vedic Horary?
Oh, I think you better ask someone like Dr.Farr maybe. What I can tell you though is that in Prashna they work with divisional charts, dashas and also ashtakavarga. Would be interesting to see some one on one comparisons with western horary.

Senecar

Thank you for your input. After reading more about Sidereal vs. Tropical, I am on the verge of inclining to the former.

There are also many Youtube video regarding the topic, and it seems interesting.

But initially I thought that timing prediction cannot be more accurately done by Sideral astrology due to our timing clock and calendar system based on Solar system, not fixed stars. It has nothing to do with inferiority of Sidereal astrology, but disharmony of the two mechanism. I might be wrong on that speculation. However, will see.

Now I have done a few horary readings based on Sidereal, and seems working quite well. I think I will be sticking to Sidereal for Horary, but Nativity and other readings comparing in both zodiacs as suggested by Shanti = good idea & suggestion thank you. :)

Last edited:

muchacho

Yes, I wouldn't mix the two systems unless you are absolutely sure what you are doing. To me it always seemed as if the myriads of modern house systems is just a way to compensate for the difference between the two zodiacs. So tropical with whole sign or sidereal with Placidus just doesn't sound right. But you've got me interested now. I'll dig a bit deeper into horary. It's an excellent area for research since we have specific and documented outcomes.

Senecar

Yes, now I do use Sidereal with Whole House System, and Tropical with Placidus, and that's it. Settled forever after many weeks of experiments and consideration, and I am happy with it :)

Horary definitely seems working for me. When I was able to locate the missing tool part aided by Horary, I saved huge potential financial loss, which could have crippled me for a while, so I am grateful to Horary :)

Shanti

Trump's chart is an example of a chart working with sidereal whole signs houses in terms of wealth.

tropical placidus works better in that respect than tropical whole signs imo.