Angles of light

piercethevale

The following struck me while replying to another thread.
I quote myself. ptv

"...did you know that one has to be at an angle of 42* to the center of a rainbow in order to see it?

hmmmmm...that got the old brain box whirring this morn. Then there might be four placements in a circle of 360*... two for seeing it and two more that are the antithesis...leaving gaps of 48* in between...?!?!?!"

Yet another Matrix to consider?

piercethevale

Now, I'm wondering if this is applied to my theory on the application of the colour spectrum to the Zodiac what might it reveal?

I'm talking to either side of the point in Aquarius in the 27th deg. and the One just in the 1st degree of Leo...what happens at 42 degrees at either side of those two points...the Sabian symbols at those 42* angle points may prove of interest. I'd check it out now, but I'm ready for my mid day nap, right now.

Phoenix Venus

so since we've been talking about signs in relation to earthly matter, maybe we should consider what makes up a rainbow?

from wiki:

reflection of light in water droplets in the Earths' Atmosphere, resulting in a spectrum of light appearing in the sky.

so:
Water (pisces)

Earth's Atmosphere (aqua)

Well... those could be 48 degrees from one another...

Light - leo...? (or maybe even aries due to it being above earth)

then a point in virgo to oppose pisces...

and two other polarities for the concept of REFLECTION
(possibly start at the sab symbol for rainbow in leo whatever degree that is i can't remember)

just throwing out some ideas maybe one will catch.

btw i like how this deals with relfection and rainbows and there are 8 points to complete this.

Phoenix Venus

Now, I'm wondering if this is applied to my theory on the application of the colour spectrum to the Zodiac what might it reveal?

I'm talking to either side of the point in Aquarius in the 27th deg. and the One just in the 1st degree of Leo...what happens at 42 degrees at either side of those two points...the Sabian symbols at those 42* angle points may prove of interest. I'd check it out now, but I'm ready for my mid day nap, right now.

Well who knows, maybe 7 of those points would correlate to true vibrancy of each of the 7 colors of the rainbow... and the 8th would represent the culmination of those colors...? maybe.. i have to go find your post where you talk about the spiritual discleship matrix and the colors etc.....

why do you pick 27 aqua and 1 leo? are you saying either of those points might be a good place to start?

well i'll go look up those points and see if anything pops out and if it does i'll paste it here...

Phoenix Venus

Ahhh... i get why you picked those.. violet and red.... smarty :)

out of the ones you suggested... i'd say aries 9 is most promising... crystals reflect the colors of the rainbow....

(well, check the math, i think i calculated right:
Aqua 27 = 327 + 42 = 369 = Aries 9)

A CRYSTAL GAZER.
KEYNOTE: The development of an inner realization of organic wholeness.
The crystal sphere symbolizes wholeness. Within the sphere images take form. These images may reveal future events, but more significantly they picture "the situation as a whole" – the situation which the clairvoyant is meant to interpret.
the new technique required for the development of individualized consciousness is revealed: CONCENTRATED ATTENTION.

then you would go 48 in the other direction from aqua 27, right? So that would be cap 9

AN ANGEL CARRYING A HARP.
KEYNOTE: The revelation of the spiritual meaning and purpose at the core of any life situation.

The technique it implies is that of ATTUNEMENT to the rhythm of universal life. Angels are to be considered personalizations of various aspects of this life, and totally subservient to its rhythms and purposes.

Here are the others, might as well paste them for you to compare, since i have them all:

leo 1 = 120 + 42 = 162 = Virgo 12

AFTER THE WEDDING, THE GROOM SNATCHES THE VEIL AWAY FROM HIS BRIDE.
KEYNOTE:The penetrating and unveiling power of the trained mind.
The Keyword is UNVEILING. There can also be an unveiling of mysteries, long protected by secrecy.
The masculine act balances the feminine dream visualization. The element of "training" in the symbolic scene comes from the fact that there has been a marriage ritual; thus the sociocultural factor is in the background. The teacher-guru is here the priest who has performed the ritual.

leo 1 = 120 -42 = 78 = Gemini 18

TWO CHINESE MEN CONVERSE IN THEIR NATIVE TONGUE IN AN AMERICAN CITY.

KEYNOTE:The need for the mind to retain its independence from its physical environment in order to concentrate on its special problems.
He experiences a process of INSULATION; yet he is never really alone. Here and there he finds those who can understand him.

Aqua 27 = 327-42 = 285 = Cap 15

IN A HOSPITAL, THE CHILDREN'S WARD IS FILLED WITH TOYS.
KEYNOTE: The responsibility of society to ensure the welfare and total health of the new generation.
The socio-cultural process must look to the future as well as to the past.
There is therefore constant need for TENDER CARE as well as skill to neutralize the destructive tensions of social living.

Last edited:

piercethevale

Hi. P.V. Now we get half a face to go with. I see that you are quite redhead/strawberry blonde.
Anyways, as I have that point in Leo at 00* 00' 00", at a distance of 42* that would put one at a point of 18* Gemini 00' 01" ...the 19th deg.

But I now don't think the symbology is going to reveal anything ...although I did the same as you right off and thought I had the 12th of Virgo...and the symbol just knocked me over for a sec as I had the following news feed on my Facebook page this morning and looked at all the photos.
"AFTER THE WEDDING, THE GROOM SNATCHES THE VEIL AWAY FROM HIS BRIDE."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nce-marries-Ultra-Orthodox-Jewish-family.html

I would like a telescope to look at the point in space that is 42* away from those two points in Leo and Aquar., though.

Phoenix Venus

aghh i messed up the math for the leo ones... i forgot to add the extra degree thinking it was 0 instead of 1. :andy:

im pretty sure it should be virgo 13 and gemini 19

no time to go fix my post now just pointing that out.

LOL you caught me first :)

piercethevale

The thing I want to research now is if this matrix I propose ...give about 1 1/2* of orb... has ever shown up in anyones' chart I have access to.

If I find three of the points fulfilled I'll know I have a chart to investigate... a life history to investigate that is.
See what might have occurred those times the matrix is complete by transit or progression.

p.s. Immediate after thought: I have a feeling it may have to do with 'exceptional vision' of the metaphysical kind.

piercethevale

Okay...I'm kind of trembling right now.
I thought I'd first look at my clairvoyant friend Clarisses' natal chart...
...nothing.

Then I thought of Miss X. She has Pluto on the Asc. which Sakoian and Ackers "Astrologers Handbook" describe as bestowing a ability to se with a kind of X-Ray vision into the workings of reality. [think Neo in the movie "The Matrix"]

Yet I have since run into others with Pluto on the Asc. and haven't run across anyone with anything really near her level of awareness. ...not to my knowledge, anyways.

It's on Her chart. I'm only part way through but it's enough to see that there's definitely something going on here.

...and the whole manner and means about how we got into this subject and giving me thought about how rainbows are "special" in that they symbolically represent a "Sign from Above"... as if, there are times those "Signs" are given personally...you just have to be in the right place at the right time ...like at an 42* angle from the perpendicular to the rainbow.

Look at the Moon at 23* :taurus: 48' [Her Moon is conj. the M.C. too...most obvious and amazing gift with plants, I could ever imagine that I would actually see, The configuration of a Taurus Moon conj. M.C. is said to be that of "The Green Thumb"...
Interesting thing P.V. you recall .that she and I were lovers, we were briefly engaged,...the attendant symbology I gave you notice of already...her being of part Native American ancestry?

Well, as I realized some years later, my Part of False Love is at 23* :taurus: 57'... The Sabian for which is:
[Dane Rudhyar's :Astrological Mandala"]

"AN INDIAN WARRIOR RIDING FIERCELY, HUMAN SCALPS HANGING FROM HIS BELT.

KEYNOTE: The aggressiveness of human instincts when fighting for their earthly base of operation.

In the mythology of early America, the Indian represents the 'savage,' close to nature and led by primordial instincts. Alas, our present century has revealed that under far less imperative circumstances so-called civilized man is capable of far more cruel tortures and extermination. This symbol related to a fourth stage seems to imply that violence and aggressiveness are basic components of human nature at the level of the emotions and of a deep-seated identification with a particular culture which insists on regarding men of other cultures as potential enemies.

What is being confirmed here is the value of a group of men's differences from other groups. We are still in the period of 'Differentiation' (Act One of the cyclic process) and the need for a differentiation of human behavior and collective values is still very strong. At the emotional level man apparently still has to believe in VIOLENCE FOR SURVIVAL."

...and that's one tough moon to have to hang out with... You wouldn't want to see her mad

So, from the Moon 42 degrees clockwise we find Venus. The ideal being at 11* :aries: 48' we find Venus at 11* :aries: 02'...

then go another 48 degrees, again to the ideal point, which is 24* :aquarius: 53' and we have Lilith at 24* :aquarius: 04'...[absolutely smack dab center on my natal Moon, btw...]

and another 42 degrees to 12* :capricorn: 53' ...and we find it empty...

...now, another 48 degrees to 24* :scorpio: 53" and if I stretch this a bit I could include the Desc. at 22* :scorpio: 00' ...

...from there I can see that it'll include my M.C. and Pluto in this matrix...

oh wait... Dang...
it's your fault P.V. :wink:I was taking a day off here and getting my groove going and now I can't focus on the math...here's Miss Xs' chart ...you play with this if you'd like to. If you don't I'll get to it in a day or two.

Attachments

• Khris Astro.jpg
    Khris Astro.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 31

piercethevale

...I can see now I took a wrong approach. One would have to begin by finding two points 84 degrees apart from one another with a third point at 96 degrees from either of those two...

odd, how I thought I saw a matrix construct the other way and Miss X popped up... maybe there's something I'm supposed to see yet in Her chart.

Lion o ness

I'm not sure if I fully understand, I'm sorry if I'm interrupting or misunderstanding..

What degrees are you looking for?
I'm not sure if your using rainbow as a symbol of something else..
I think your looking for theses degrees, sorry if I'm incorrect on what yor talking about.

I have
26 Leo mars
18 gem Saturn
13 Virgo dsc

Nothing at all at 15 cap.

piercethevale

...and maybe i do see it... She has 3 points of a nonagon Moon/Saturn/Jupiter ...increments of 40 degrees, the 40 degree aspects are for someone on "A Mission From God"... straight up

piercethevale

I'm not sure if I fully understand, I'm sorry if I'm interrupting or misunderstanding..

What degrees are you looking for?
I'm not sure if your using rainbow as a symbol of something else..
I think your looking for theses degrees, sorry if I'm incorrect on what yor talking about.

I have
26 Leo mars
18 gem Saturn
13 Virgo dsc

Nothing at all at 15 cap.
Not at all. You're not interrupting, you're contributing.
I'm looking for two points on one side of a 180 degree arc that have a common mid-point 42 degrees from one another on the perpendicular to the 180 degree line with at least one [ideally two] points that is [are] 96 degrees from one [or both] of them...an identical half to the other side of the line.

piercethevale

Well, isn't this weird ...If i drop back 84 degree to Miss Xs' Pluto/Asc. conj. you get the 5th degree of Gemini where my Mars and Calrisse's Asc. is. ...hmmm, interesting...

... and my Uranus is 41 degrees from my Mars...at the 16th of Cancer

piercethevale

What I'm getting at by inference of this matrix I propose is the ability to see both sides of a polarity... from 42 degree angles centered to that polarity on a symmetrical center, one pair to another on each side.

princess valhalla

Well, isn't this weird ...If i drop back 84 degree to Miss Xs' Pluto/Asc. conj. you get the 5th degree of Gemini where my Mars and Calrisse's Asc. is. ...hmmm, interesting...

... and my Uranus is 41 degrees from my Mars...at the 16th of Cancer

I like the sabian symbol for 16 deg Cancer- " A MAN STUDYING A MANDALA IN FRONT OF HIM, WITH THE HELP OF A VERY ANCIENT BOOK." :happy:

It is 40 degrees from 26 deg Leo.