Chinese New Year 2010 - Year of Tiger Chinese Astrology

byjove

Account Closed
Happy New Year!

And I was just hoping to ask, how exactly are we to use the knowledge of our lucky element? I think mine was water, I don't know what to do, I can't rename myself with water in the name, should I leave bowls of water around?? LOL I just don't know! :tongue:

starlink

And a Happy Chinese New Year to you as well, AND of course to Master Tsai!! He must be out celebrating:)

should I leave bowls of water around??
How about taking a daily bath?, go to a turkish bath once a week?

Now I also have a difficult task. I need to do something with fire (my lucky element) and wearing red, normally speaking, but I was born in Southern hemisphere and then things change yet again and I have to replace red with black and hot with cold:crying:!! (as too much fire might put my five elements out of balance too.) I love black, it looks great on me, so no problem there, but I dont know about cold. I am a tropical bird, born in Indonesia (but I am Dutch) and anything cold makes me really sick. I hate winter, rain, wind especially, so how to solve that? Chinese astrology is hard to follow, but I think we are seeing here more the "cookbook" versions of Chinese astrology and I am sure there is far more to it. Would love to know it all. Ah, why am I not 30 years old anymore......:sad: with years to study.

candiceaqua

There are transit system in the 8 pillar of five elements in Chinese astrology as well.

-Firstly, the 5 Elements is represented by 5 stars, Venus for metal, Jupiter for wood, Mercury for water, Mars for fire, Saturn for mud

-These five elements is devided into 10 elements according to their different nature in sex, like yang metal, yin metal.

-Every 10 years in one's life could be represented by one yang/yin element, and they will have differnet influence on your life.

-If you are Yang Mud, then the 10 year for the Ying Fire will be good for you, everything will go well this year. (Because Fire is hot ,so it could burn the wood into ashes, then the ashes is just the Mud. So fire could bring energy to mud, but if one has too much mud already, then we will need wood to diminish the mud to keep the element in balance.)

-In Chinese astrology, they have 8 pillars of different elements, which is made up of your Four pillars : year-month-date-hour (each pillar have two elements).

-The date pillar is always the most important as it represent yourself, the year is represented your grandfather or your ancestor, the month pillar stands for your brother, your wife or husband could also be represented by the date pillar. The hour pillar is your children.

-Different elements in the pillar have different functions, all around the date pillar. If your date pillar is mud, and the mud could control water, as when there is a flood, only mud could stop it by building up big dam.Something you could control we could see it as your money and resources and wife(if you are a male). If you have many water elements in your pillars, it could indicate that you enjoy the company of different lovers and you will focus on earning money.

- Mud is controlled by the wood, then if you are the mud, the wood element could control you and give pressure on you. The root of the tree and grass could keep the mud from moving and become solid. So if there is any wood element in your pillar, it will represent your father or grandfather or your boss, they will of course give you pressure but at the same time, they will help you if you choose to be a politician(if the element control you is something good for you).

There is more in the Chinese Astrology. there is an older Chinese Astrology called---Qi Zheng Si Yu, it is similar to classical astrology, and it may be a different branch of vedic astrology with different new idea from ancient Chinese. It is a very delicate system with 7 stars(sun ,moon, venus,mercury, mars, saturn) and 4 Point(North node, South node, Lilith, ....) and 12 houses which will fall in 28 different constellation stars each stands for an animal with different element.

This is the chart picture,
window_alt.png

Last edited:

candiceaqua

Dear Starlink,

If you need more water elements, as this year is the wood tiger year, the water elements could bring luck to the wood which we all know that without water the tree could not even grow up.

The method of Chinese to bring more water element to themselves are:

-The simplest way to do is to have a new name with water(when you are still a baby)

Numbers for water: 1, 6 (better live in floor with such numbers)
Colours: Black, grey, blue (wear clothes of these colours)
Direction: North(Just like the lost item horary indicated all water signs belong to the north), you could wok or live in the north.
Industries: Journalist, sailor, trade, exporting, detective
Organ:Kidney

-Go swiming or keep fishes for pets
-Living near water, like river or lake.
-Be friends with the strong water elements people(like cancer, scorpio, etc)
-Metal could as well strengthen the power of water, and metal represent white and lung directing west.

fensi88

Candiceaqua, can you please be so kind as to clear to me which is my lucky element, I sent my chart at post #14 of this thread. Thanks.

candiceaqua

picture.php

According to your chart,you are the female metal in the day together with two metals in the month pillar so in all you have three metal out of 8 elements.

And the metal born in autumn is very strong, so you bear enough your peer in the natal chart. I'd suggest that first fire then water is your lucky element , they can control your metal element into a balanced quantity, which is still need to be confirmed by your transit luck.

Different sex have different route of transit, presuming you are a girl, then your transit year would be:

According to your chart,you are the female metal in the day together with two metals in the month pillar so in all you have three metal out of 8 elements.

And the metal born in autumn is very strong, so you bear enough your peer in the natal chart. I'd suggest that first fire then water is your lucky element , they can control your metal element into a balanced quantity, which is still need to be confirmed by your transit luck.

Different sex have different route of transit, presuming you are a girl, then your transit year would be:

0-10 years old yang water(express and show your talents)
10-20 yin water
20-30 yang wood(your money and resources)
30-40 yin wood(your money and resources)
40-50 yang fire(your husband and boss and career and fame)
50-60 yin fire(your husband and boss and career and fame)
60-70 yang mud(mud is something could look after you)
70-80 yin mud(mud is something could look after you)
80-90 yang metal

If any period is your best time in life, we could take that period element to be your lucky element. To make a guess according to your natal chart, your fire year is your best yesr in your life?

fensi88

Dear Candiceaqua,
Thank you so much for this detailed analyse! I am impressed how you see all that "stuff" from this pic, yes I am female and born in autumn (7 oct 1953).
I'd suggest that first fire then water is your lucky element , they can control your metal element into a balanced quantity
Oh, yes, I see your logic here, fire to controle and water to realise so much metal!

To make a guess according to your natal chart, your fire year is your best yesr in your life?

Yes, 40-50 yang fire and 50-60 yin fire, but also 10-20 yin water!
Thanks for your kind explanation, now I understand how to look at Chinese 5 element chart!

Master Tsai

Fensi 88,

Your Day Master Metal is very strong. But it's not strong enough to become a special case birth chart. (Your birth chart is not an Extremely Strong Case)

So you can choose Water and Wood are your lucky elements. Wood represents your money. But you won't feel too much wealth increase, if only some Wood comes from cycle. For example, 2010 is a Metal Tiger year. Tiger contains Wood. Wood is money. But it has to share all the Metal in your birth chart and the Metal in 2010. So you don't have too much left :sad:. you still see the money :happy:.

Your money year needs a cycle coming with strong Wood. Water can protect Wood from Metal. There is no Water in your Branches (animals). Water Rat and Water Pig can help you to generate the income. If the Yearly Cycle and 10-Year Major Cycle come in with Wood and Water, then that will be a good year to you.

Any good luck or not for our life, the key is in the 10-year cycles, because that the luck lasts for 10 years.

So we have to find how many lucky 10-year cycles in our life.

Usually, people have two 10-year Major Cycles (20-year) good luck. Luckier people have 30-year good luck. Some people's luck years come after age 80 - they must be very unlucky.

Allen Tsai

Last edited:

fensi88

Dear Allen, thank you for your analyze and explanation especially for this :

Any good luck or not for our life, the key is in the 10-year cycles, because that the luck lasts for 10 years.

I did not know that, thanks for pointing this out! Now I will generate 10-year cycles chart for me and analyze it! Thanks once more.

fensi88

Your Day Master Metal is very strong. But it's not strong enough to become a special case birth chart.

I have one more question. How much it has to be strong for special case chart? How do you look that? In percentages? Please explain!
Thanks.

starlink

Dear Candice , wow, we really get some info from you!! Great! I dont know if I can understand it all, looks extremely complicated and I thought normal astrology was complicated! Thank you , I will have a good look at everything first before I will come with questions. It is nice to see this board come to life!:)

Starlink

starlink

you are the female metal in the day together with two metals in the month pillar

Candice, in Fensi's chart I cannot see two metals in the month pillar. Is the other one not the white chicken? Where do you find the 3rd metal?

candiceaqua

Hi Starlink,

The characteristics of the five elements , metal, wood, fire, water and Earth, impact the twelve animals of the Chinese Zodiac by assigning different characteristics to the animals . Since the twelve animals of the Chinese Zodiac actually represent a period of time, in this case a year (the 12 branches), assigning one of the five elements to each of the twelve years (12 branches) actually creates 60 different combinations. Rather than operating in 12-year cycles, the Chinese Zodiac is actually based on a system of 60-year cycles.

Each of the 12 animals are governed by an element plus a Yin Yang Direction.

1. Rat (Yang, 1st Trine, Fixed Element Water).
  2. Ox (Yin, 2nd Trine, Fixed Element Water).
  3. Tiger (Yang, 3rd Trine, Fixed Element Wood).
  4. Rabbit (Yin, 4th Trine, Fixed Element Wood).
  5. Dragon (Yang, 1st Trine, Fixed Element Wood).
  6. Snake (Yin, 2nd Trine, Fixed Element Fire).
  7. Horse (Yang, 3rd Trine, Fixed Element Fire).
  8. Goat (Yin, 4th Trine, Fixed Element Fire).
  9. Monkey (Yang, 1st Trine, Fixed Element Metal).
  10. Chicken (Yin, 2nd Trine, Fixed Element Metal).
  11. Dog (Yang, 3rd Trine, Fixed Element Metal).
  12. Pig (Yin, 4th Trine, Fixed Element Water).
Zodiac Animal ---Western Zodiac

rat /[FONT=‚l‚r ‚oƒSƒVƒbƒN]子 --------------- [/FONT]Aquarius
ox / bull [FONT=‚l‚r ‚oƒSƒVƒbƒN]丑[/FONT]
------ Capricorn
tiger/ 寅 ----------- Sagi
hare / rabbit [FONT=‚l‚r ‚oƒSƒVƒbƒN]卯[/FONT]
--- Scorpio
dragon [FONT=‚l‚r ‚oƒSƒVƒbƒN]辰 [/FONT] --------- Libra
snake [FONT=‚l‚r ‚oƒSƒVƒbƒN]巳 [/FONT] ---------- Virgo
horse [FONT=‚l‚r ‚oƒSƒVƒbƒN]午[/FONT]
------------ Leo
ram / sheep [FONT=‚l‚r ‚oƒSƒVƒbƒN]未[/FONT]
--- Cancer
monkey [FONT=‚l‚r ‚oƒSƒVƒbƒN]申[/FONT] ------- Gemini
rooster [FONT=‚l‚r ‚oƒSƒVƒbƒN]酉[/FONT]
-------- Taurus
dog [FONT=‚l‚r ‚oƒSƒVƒbƒN]戌[/FONT]
------------- Aries
boar / pig [FONT=‚l‚r ‚oƒSƒVƒbƒN]亥 ------------ [/FONT]
Pisces

Below is some pdf for your to download if you are interested:
http://www.heluo.nl/articles/Additio...ourPillars.pdf

How to determine your luck elements--useful god for you:
http://www.heluo.nl/articles/FourPillarsUsefulGod.pdf

Easy way to build four pillar chart yourself:
http://www.heluo.nl/articles/FourPil...syFormulas.pdf

Candice, in Fensi's chart I cannot see two metals in the month pillar. Is the other one not the white chicken? Where do you find the 3rd metal?

Last edited:

Master Tsai

I have one more question. How much it has to be strong for special case chart? How do you look that? In percentages? Please explain!
Thanks.

If a birth chart contains only the same kind of elements and mother elements, then we can say the Day Master of the birth chart is Extremely Strong.

Master Tsai

Dear Allen, thank you for your analyze and explanation especially for this :

I did not know that, thanks for pointing this out! Now I will generate 10-year cycles chart for me and analyze it! Thanks once more.

People's luck determines mainly by the Stems and Branches of 10-Year Major Cycle and Yearly Cycle.

If both of Stem and Branch of Major Cycle contain the lucky element, and both of Stem and Branch of Yearly Cycle also contain the lucky element, then that will be a wonderful year.

If both of Stem and Branch of Major Cycle contain the lucky element, but both of Stem and Branch of Yearly Cycle contain the unlucky element, then the person has at least 50% luck in that year. But the next year, the luck will be better.

If both of Stem and Branch of Major Cycle contain the unlucky element, but both of Stem and Branch of Yearly Cycle contain the lucky element, then the person has 50% luck. But the next year, the luck might be worse - because the next year might not have lucky element in the Stem and Branch.

2010 is Tiger Wood cycle. 2011 is Rabbit Wood cycle. 2012 is Dragon Wood and Earth cycle. The Wood Cycle covers 2.5 years.

2013 is Snake Fire Year. 2014 is Horse Fire Year. 2015 is Sheep Fire and Earth Year. The Fire Cycle covers 2.5 year.

The luck of Major Cycles last for 10 year. If a person’s lucky element is Wood and he has two lucky Wood Major Cycles, which is 20 years. Then he should have a very good 2.5 Wood years during those 20 years.

Therefore, we can see that a person has any chance in his life roughly by looking for Major Cycles.

starlink

Good heavens, Candice, you really know a lot about this!! I am impressed.:w00t: Together with Master Tsai, we now have a comprehensible guide put together. I think I must print everything out, make a special order for "Chinese Astrology", take a cup of coffee and retreat on my sofa, in order to study all this in detail. It is overwhelming! 60 year cycles!! Cant believe someone can keep this all in their memory:).
Thank you very very much for your patient explanations.

Kind regards,
Starlink (also Moon in:scorpio: :ninja: by the way!)

candiceaqua

Dear Starlink,

I learned a lot from your excellent understanding of horary, I love horary! I'd be glad to offer you information you are interested.:lol:

Kind regards,
Candiceaqua

starlink

Thanks Cadice! So far it looks to me as if Chinese astrology is as complex as the Chinese language itself, LOL! I am a Taurus with a Saturn-Mercury exact square, so I need some time to absorb all this as you can well imagine:).

For instance, I seem to be a Green Monkey who is born in the year of the Red Pig. I always thought I WAS a Red Pig (Fire Pig) only. I have NO idea what a Green Monkey is all about. Now the person (me) is equivalent to Male Wood, but I am a female. Is it possible to see the "male" and "female" in a chinese chart? Like maybe the Hour (is here the birth hour meant?). My hour is Female Water.

Yes, I love horary astrology but still dont know half of what I should know I feel. I rely very much on my intuition which does play a big role in horary I have noticed.
Like with that horary you and I are busy with, the question Tikana posted. Not easy to see if the wife keeps the job or looses it. I am really curious to know the outcome.
If I am completely at loss for an answer, I use the "Yes or No" technique from Marc Edmund Jones which I find surprisingly reliable. I only use the very basic method, because his book goes into so much complex business, it is too much for me.
So then I looked at the house representing the job and the opposite house, and those planets also dont perfect. So answer is no (I think). We will have to see:)