Osamenor

Staff member
Interesting comment on main focus not being public reputation
because
ex-President G W Bush has NO planets
- either classical OR modern - in either 9th house OR 10th house
USING ANY HOUSE SYSTEM
:smile:

However, he does have a busy twelfth house. That's very common for elected political leaders, also for movie and music stars. That kind of public figure represents archetypes to society. When we vote for candidates for political office, we're not voting for them as individuals, we're voting for what they represent to us. Entertainment stars capture the public imagination in a similar way: they represent whatever archetype is popular. Lots of hidden energy, zeitgeist, being a channel for the public's desires.

JUPITERASC

However, he does have a busy twelfth house.
That's very common for elected political leaders, also for movie and music stars.
That kind of public figure represents archetypes to society.
When we vote for candidates for political office,
we're not voting for them as individuals, we're voting for what they represent to us.
Entertainment stars capture the public imagination in a similar way:
they represent whatever archetype is popular.
Lots of hidden energy, zeitgeist, being a channel for the public's desires.

alternatively

Despite no planets in 10th
notice that G W Bush's natal Sun, although in 12th
- crucially is conjunct the powerful FIXED STAR SIRIUS

Sun conjunct Sirius brings success in business
occupation connected with metals or other martial affairs
domestic harmony source: Robson p209

Well connected, it promises fame, honors and riches.
Sirius in conjunction with the Sun
will be found to be the case with numerous important and famous personalities.
Possibly, the rise in station
is made possible
by protection from people of influenc
e Fixed Stars and Their Interpretation, Elsbeth Ebertin

Certainly GW Bush has influential connections
via for example his family

Constellations of words comprehensive fixed stars lists
http://www.constellationsofwords.com...tude_order.htm

AppLeo

However, he does have a busy twelfth house. That's very common for elected political leaders, also for movie and music stars. That kind of public figure represents archetypes to society. When we vote for candidates for political office, we're not voting for them as individuals, we're voting for what they represent to us. Entertainment stars capture the public imagination in a similar way: they represent whatever archetype is popular. Lots of hidden energy, zeitgeist, being a channel for the public's desires.

That makes a lot of sense!! 12th house kind of feels all energies and the under vibrational tones.

GW Bush natal is available on multiple online sources
so a simple matter for you to check that

meanwhile

fact is an empty 10th house does NOT mean
that 'your main focus is not on your public reputation'

What does it mean then JupiterASC??

AppLeo

You read charts for beginners on our forum, yet do not know this... Siriusly :smile:
obviously you are practicing your astrological skills then
so
to build a strong foundation
keep tudying the astrological lore, there's plenty of it
for example
http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/vettius valens entire.pdf

Well Osamenor clearly thought that having no planets in the 10th house meant that someone doesn't care about reputation. Plus, Osamenor has wayyyy more astrological experience than I do.

And since I saw both of you and Osamenor disagreeing, I wanted to see what you thought having no planets in the 10th house meant.

I have an idea of what it means. The ruler becomes more important. And the sign that's occupying the 10th house becomes the key in the 10th house. If someone had Leo in the 10th house, they would probably care more about their reputation despite not having any planets in the 10th house.

Osamenor

Staff member
Well Osamenor clearly thought that having no planets in the 10th house meant that someone doesn't care about reputation. Plus, Osamenor has wayyyy more astrological experience than I do.

And since I saw both of you and Osamenor disagreeing, I wanted to see what you thought having no planets in the 10th house meant.

I have an idea of what it means. The ruler becomes more important. And the sign that's occupying the 10th house becomes the key in the 10th house. If someone had Leo in the 10th house, they would probably care more about their reputation despite not having any planets in the 10th house.

JA and I have different opinions. If you haven't already noticed, astrologers at all levels disagree on a lot.

I put forth my idea. I'm open to exploring it and changing my mind if I see something that points me in a different direction. My thought is that lots of tenth house placements are likely to mean a lot of public reputation issues getting played out, either publicly or privately. That could also indicate a very career focused person. Depends on how they manifest their tenth house placements.

An empty tenth house, however, doesn't mean no career or no public reputation, just that the focus of the chart is in other houses.

AppLeo

JA and I have different opinions. If you haven't already noticed, astrologers at all levels disagree on a lot.

I put forth my idea. I'm open to exploring it and changing my mind if I see something that points me in a different direction. My thought is that lots of tenth house placements are likely to mean a lot of public reputation issues getting played out, either publicly or privately. That could also indicate a very career focused person. Depends on how they manifest their tenth house placements.

An empty tenth house, however, doesn't mean no career or no public reputation, just that the focus of the chart is in other houses.

Yeah, I agree.

I've noticed SO MANY celebrities with 10th house planets. It's kind of crazy.