It didn't work out...but why?

MTTY05

Ok, so I actually know exactly why it didn't work out. There was plenty of attraction on both sides (unless she was lying, which is a possibility), but no real compatibility. I guess I would have been better off looking at the synastry a long time ago, rather than after breaking up. Oh well though.

The first thing I noticed were the aspects her outer planets made with my inner planets. The exact Saturn squares, Neptune trines, and Pluto/Moon sextiles to my Virgo stellium likely gave her some influence over me. She also had Moon conjunct Pluto in Scorpio so she was always trying to get inside my head even though I didn't allow that. I would catch her trying to manipulate me constantly too. That relationship was just a big waste of time, but luckily I'm not too heart-broken. If anything, I'm relieved.

What do you folks think of our synastry though. Was it even worth it?

Attachments

• sy.jpg
    sy.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 57

BobZemco

Ok, so I actually know exactly why it didn't work out. There was plenty of attraction on both sides (unless she was lying, which is a possibility), but no real compatibility. I guess I would have been better off looking at the synastry a long time ago, rather than after breaking up. Oh well though.

The first thing I noticed were the aspects her outer planets made with my inner planets. The exact Saturn squares, Neptune trines, and Pluto/Moon sextiles to my Virgo stellium likely gave her some influence over me. She also had Moon conjunct Pluto in Scorpio so she was always trying to get inside my head even though I didn't allow that. I would catch her trying to manipulate me constantly too. That relationship was just a big waste of time, but luckily I'm not too heart-broken. If anything, I'm relieved.

Are you serious? That chart is a total fail.

Let's do Synastry step-by-step.

1) Identify the Ascendant Rulers (we use traditional rulerships only -- Uranus, Neptune and Pluto rule nothing).

Capricorn Ascendant: Saturn
Leo Ascendant: Sun

2) Are Ascendant Rulers same Planet?

No. Fail.

3) Is Saturn in Signs of Sun's Rulership or Exaltation (Leo or Aries)?

Saturn in Sagittarius.

Fail.

Is Sun in Signs of Saturn's Rulership or Exaltation (Capricorn, Aquarius or Libra)?

Sun in Gemini.

Fail.

4) Are Ascendant Rulers in an applying sextile or trine (Reception irrelevant) or square (with Reception)?

No. Sun/Saturn separating opposition.

Fail.

See how easy Synastry is? It ain't rocket science, it's Astrology.

Your relationship had no chance because you had no common foundation (the Ascendant Ruler is the foundation of the chart). If you had one of the above, then you'd have a common basis for a lasting relationship. How long? That depends on the strength of the Ascendant Rulers. How will the relationship fare? That depends on aspects between other Planets. You could have a long-lasting relationship, but you might need to hire a personal physician to constantly stitch up the stab wounds in your back.

melisa

Hi---
A Virgo and Geminii? Some intellectual compatibility, but very different temperaments. It looks like one of you has Venus in Leo square the others' Saturn---this can lead to long-term relations and fidelity. What was the problem with the Saturn square you mentioned?
Bye
melisa

To me this Saturn squares are the deal breaker here, plus pluto square venus, lots of control issues going on here

Ascendants are *quincunxed* signs therefore express very very differently 150' bit like chalf and cheese here. Leo's want/need to be centre of attention and are known *drama queens* for having tantrums when they don't get their own way.

Cappi rising with chart ruler Saturn in 12th (Equal hous) suggests a very private person, needing time along to recharge and recuperate

N Node conj MC suggests a *learning Lesson*
chiron conj Sun - a wound which would affect the health of Cappi rising

To start with it's best to look at the individual needs of each persons chart and how they relate and what they are looking for. Astro.com does have an option composite + natal midpoint method (2) which I find helpful. If you choose to post the synastry bi wheel from astro could you please select the 2nd synastry option as it will put the houses and degrees onto the wheel which is far better for us to evaluate matters....
If you post the synastry chart and realise it doesn’t show the degrees (which we need to look at) you can find the degrees and other information in a separate PDF on the synastry page of astro.com. Look for the link "View the additional tables (PDF)" and click on it to see the additional information. Reading a synastry chart is mainly about reading the aspects between the planets in the two charts. So once you find the PDF, scroll down to the bottom of the page and look in the synastry grid that is there. Unfortunately, you can only see/read these and not save/upload. That’s why I like to see both natal’s and composite. This grid (in my opinion) has too many minor aspects and the orbs are quite wide. I like to use + - max 3’

When looking at a woman’s chart the type of man she would look for is her sun sign and mars traits, plus 7th house planets and house cusp ruler and where that ruler was deposited.
When looking at a mans chart for the type of woman he would look for is his venus and moon sign and then 7th house planets and house cusp ruler and where that ruler was deposited.

Although synastry is a valuable tool with astrology it cannot 'make things happen' even if you have the best synastry in the world unfortunately..

If you want to research more into synastry try here
http://cafeastrology.com/astrology_of_relationships.html
http://www.cafeastrology.com/synastry/interchartaspects.html
http://www.cafeastrology.com/synastry_house_overlays.html
http://www.astrology-numerology.com/synastry.html
http://www.astrology-numerology.com/synastry-houses.html
http://www.astrology-numerology.com/synastryaspects.html
http://www.cosmitec-astrological-compatibility-advice.com/astrology-marriage.html
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17513
http://www.astrotheme.com/synastry_advice.php

relationship sticky
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28945

MTTY05

Are you serious? That chart is a total fail.

Let's do Synastry step-by-step.

1) Identify the Ascendant Rulers (we use traditional rulerships only -- Uranus, Neptune and Pluto rule nothing).

Capricorn Ascendant: Saturn
Leo Ascendant: Sun

2) Are Ascendant Rulers same Planet?

No. Fail.

3) Is Saturn in Signs of Sun's Rulership or Exaltation (Leo or Aries)?

Saturn in Sagittarius.

Fail.

Is Sun in Signs of Saturn's Rulership or Exaltation (Capricorn, Aquarius or Libra)?

Sun in Gemini.

Fail.

4) Are Ascendant Rulers in an applying sextile or trine (Reception irrelevant) or square (with Reception)?

No. Sun/Saturn separating opposition.

Fail.

See how easy Synastry is? It ain't rocket science, it's Astrology.

Your relationship had no chance because you had no common foundation (the Ascendant Ruler is the foundation of the chart). If you had one of the above, then you'd have a common basis for a lasting relationship. How long? That depends on the strength of the Ascendant Rulers. How will the relationship fare? That depends on aspects between other Planets. You could have a long-lasting relationship, but you might need to hire a personal physician to constantly stitch up the stab wounds in your back.
Well I still need a physician to stich up the remaining wounds she left behind. Thanks for your analysis, it makes a lot of sense, and once we got to know each other reallly well everything just fell apart because there was no foundation like you said. There was certainly no binding together feeling to it, just wasn't meant to be. Epic fail.

MTTY05

Hi---
A Virgo and Geminii? Some intellectual compatibility, but very different temperaments. It looks like one of you has Venus in Leo square the others' Saturn---this can lead to long-term relations and fidelity. What was the problem with the Saturn square you mentioned?
Bye
melisa
Hi Melisa,
I wouldn't even say there was a whole lot intellectual compatibility, maybe just a moderate amount. She always complimented my intelligence though, and she enjoyed those conversations we had which she considered to be sooo intellectual (they weren't). She was always trying to trick and manipulate me, but she really wasnt even sharp enough for that.
We both have Venus/Saturn aspects natally, and my Virgo Sun/Venus/Mars squared her Saturn in Sag. Despite there being a lot of love on both sides we really couldnt be ourselves around each other. We eventually got to a point where we just drove each other up the wall. I guess that was Saturn's influence.

MTTY05

To me this Saturn squares are the deal breaker here, plus pluto square venus, lots of control issues going on here

Ascendants are *quincunxed* signs therefore express very very differently 150' bit like chalf and cheese here. Leo's want/need to be centre of attention and are known *drama queens* for having tantrums when they don't get their own way.

Cappi rising with chart ruler Saturn in 12th (Equal hous) suggests a very private person, needing time along to recharge and recuperate

N Node conj MC suggests a *learning Lesson*
chiron conj Sun - a wound which would affect the health of Cappi rising
Yea she had major control issues. She thought it was okay for her to control who I see, and hang out with. Obviously this eventually became a problem. I think you hit the nail on the head too about the Ascendants. She always was the center of attention wherever she went, I don't think she entirely did this on purpose, but thats how it always played out. And clearly, I am nothing like that at all.

N Node conjunct MC...yes, I agree that it was a learning experience, for her at least. I bet she learned from me that she should get up off her *** and do something with her life for once, lol.

MTTY05

Thx for the replies everyone. I guess this was all a bit premature though...we've gotten back together. Does anyone see anything in synastry which points to a good fulfilling relationship?

juicey J.

Banned
I generally respect your astro knowledge bob but I have no idea what you were going on about. My parents (who are going on 30 years of marriage) have literally none of the things you meantioned and are still very much in love.

By the way what does the composite chart look like?

bittermoon

When it comes to synastry, I always start with checking out what person A's Sun is doing with person B's Moon and vice versa, plus Mars-Venus aspects. Other than a sextile from your Sun to her Moon, there is nothing.

Then again, planets can't make you 'do' anything.

What I find more interesting is why you agreed to get back together if she's that attention craving and controlling, nevermind that you can't be yourself around each other. She thinks it's okay for her to decide what you do, who you hang out with and see? Personally, that would be a total deal breaker for me. She obviously has a lot of growing up to do! The good thing is... you're both still very young.

Claire19

You had some compatibilities otherwise you would not have got together.
Saturn squares are a bad indication. However, analysing charts with synastry etc is not always the answer. People come together for all sorts of reasons and some very challenging aspects keep people together perhaps to deal with their karma together or to learn something. Sometimes the Scorpio Pluto influence indicates fascination, obsession, difficulty in letting go and elements of control....Even when you know it is detrimental....

Your Virgo planets want to analyse it all but it didnt work out and that is that. You seem to know the dynamics.....

Last edited:

Claire19

When it comes to synastry, I always start with checking out what person A's Sun is doing with person B's Moon and vice versa, plus Mars-Venus aspects. Other than a sextile from your Sun to her Moon, there is nothing.

What I find more interesting is why you agreed to get back together if she's that attention craving and controlling, nevermind that you can't be yourself around each other. She thinks it's okay for her to decide what you do, who you hang out with and see? Personally, that would be a total deal breaker for me. She obviously has a lot of growing up to do! The good thing is... you're both still very young.

Also Saturn contacts have to be there for endurance. The nodal connections often too. He is young and will no doubt have a few more relationships in the future........we learn from all of them, hopefully. Even if it it to decide what we dont want...:happy: Sometimes it is the sex that pulls a person back.......:wink:with Scorpio/Pluto....

MTTY05

Yes, that is a good point about our synastry...I kind of wish there was more than just sun sextile moon, we still have a good connection though despite that, I think. And her Mercury, Venus, & Ascendant are in my 7th which I think is also good.

As you and I both pointed out, she's not perfect, but I dont submit to most of her more senseless requests anyway. And hey, what else could I say anyway when she came back to me...we love each other so we should be together, ya know?

MTTY05

Sometimes the Scorpio Pluto influence indicates fascination, obsession, difficulty in letting go and elements of control....Even when you know it is detrimental....
Well not to toot my own horn too much, but I've never been with a woman who is into me THIS much, lol. Its gotta be the Scorpio/Moon conjunction in Scorpio