Career Confusion

Star Searcher

Hi Every Body

Currently I'm going through a Mercury in the 10th House transit and a Moon in 6th House transit. I guess it's a sign that I should use this opportunity to be on the Astrology Weekly Vocational Astrology board.

I'm clearly past my mid-20s, yet I'm still having issues regarding my career purpose and direction. I'm in a job placement program, and I've been applying to jobs since last August. I'm marketing myself as an office clerk, et al. But so far I may only be receiving a part-time job at a call center. I suspect that one of the major reasons that I'm not getting more job offers is that my resume does not show a distinct sector/industry identity that helps hiring managers know that I am the right fit. Yet somehow I feel uncomfortable being pigeonholed into a sector. I don't know why. Recently the program manager for the job placement program I am in asked if I would be interested in an internship. Initially I said no, but now I am having second thoughts. Perhaps it would help my career focus.

Could somebody look at my chart and tell me what possible careers and jobs are best for me? The priority is a day job because I need to get off food stamps, pay off my credit card debt, and quit my financial dependence on my elderly parents.

It's a bit hard for me to interpret my chart. This is mainly due to my lack of astrological expertise. Also visually it looks like some House boundaries go through different signs. Do I have Libra or Scorpio in the 6th House?

Through using conventional (non-astrological) career assessment methods, I once considered going into library/archival science. Several years ago a friend of mine who was skilled in astrology suggested that I go into documentary film making.

Since I may have Libra in the 6th House, should I get some paralegal training so I can market myself as a law clerk? I also may have Gemini in the 2nd House. Should I go into public relations so that I can blog for a non-profit? How does this tie into my lack of planets in my 10th House? I think I have Aquarius in the 10th House. This can be interpreted as as a working in charities or philanthropy--but for me it has manifested as a "career" of financial dependency on others.

Other careers/jobs that I have not considered but would be a good fit for me would be welcome.

My resume will give an additional picture about my job and education background. If anybody wants to see my LinkedIn profile PM me. I have disabled email notifications because my regular email inbox is way too cluttered. I'll check this forum from time to time.

Thanks!

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_anonymous.55210.676.gif
    astro_2gw_01_anonymous.55210.676.gif
    49.5 KB · Views: 46

Osamenor

Staff member
If you're so reluctant to pigeonhole yourself as an office clerk, that probably means it's not really what you want to do. And while you don't have any planets in your tenth house, you do have a couple in your sixth house, and sixth house planets say something about the kind of work you need to do and/or the kind of working environment you need. Mars in the sixth house indicates a need for work that you're passionate about. Something that just pays the bills but doesn't excite your passions won't do for you, at least not in the long run. Neptune in the sixth suggests a need for something that makes use of your mystical, intuitive sense. And those planets are in Scorpio, a deeply intuitive sign.

To echo that theme, you have a stellium of Uranus, Pluto, and Venus in your fifth house, in Virgo. Virgo is the sign of growth through service to others; fifth house indicates what brings you joy; Venus is the other planet of passions and ruler of Libra; Uranus is the ruler of Aquarius, and Pluto the ruler of Scorpio. Aquarius and/or Uranus at the MC would suggest a need for a career outside the box. Office clerk, in contrast, is as in the box as you get.

When your fifth house is emphasized like that, it probably indicates a need for the kinds of things that shape your fifth house to be part of your working life, for the simple reason that if you have lots of mental energy in the house of hobbies, you can't tolerate 40 hours a week of doing something that doesn't meet your fifth house standards. Having your midheaven's ruler in the fifth house, along with the rulers of both of the signs in your sixth house, underscores that point.

So what do you genuinely like to do? What are you passionate about? In what ways do you prefer to think out of the box? Perhaps it would be helpful to think this way: if you didn't need to earn money, how would you choose to spend your days?

Brainstorm that, however crazy the ideas you come up with may sound. The next step will be to see if you can turn any of those ideas into a career.

Osamenor

Staff member
The priority is a day job because I need to get off food stamps, pay off my credit card debt, and quit my financial dependence on my elderly parents.
I'm in the same boat as you, except the food stamps. It's awful and humiliating.

I have Uranus right at my MC, in Libra. So what I said about Aquarius and/or Uranus at the MC, also applies to me. If you can figure this out for yourself, maybe it will help me figure it out for me, too!

It's a bit hard for me to interpret my chart. This is mainly due to my lack of astrological expertise. Also visually it looks like some House boundaries go through different signs. Do I have Libra or Scorpio in the 6th House?
Both of those signs are in your sixth house, since your sixth house begins in Libra and ends in Scorpio. Because your sixth house cusp is in Libra, the house is considered to be "in" Libra and ruled by Venus, and if it didn't have any planets in it, or if it only had planets in Libra, then Libra would be the sign of your sixth house. But in your case, Scorpio also has a strong message in your sixth house because the only planets you have in that house are in Scorpio. That makes them equal shapers of your sixth house.

muchacho

Hi Every Body

Currently I'm going through a Mercury in the 10th House transit and a Moon in 6th House transit. I guess it's a sign that I should use this opportunity to be on the Astrology Weekly Vocational Astrology board.

I'm clearly past my mid-20s, yet I'm still having issues regarding my career purpose and direction. I'm in a job placement program, and I've been applying to jobs since last August. I'm marketing myself as an office clerk, et al. But so far I may only be receiving a part-time job at a call center. I suspect that one of the major reasons that I'm not getting more job offers is that my resume does not show a distinct sector/industry identity that helps hiring managers know that I am the right fit. Yet somehow I feel uncomfortable being pigeonholed into a sector. I don't know why. Recently the program manager for the job placement program I am in asked if I would be interested in an internship. Initially I said no, but now I am having second thoughts. Perhaps it would help my career focus.

Could somebody look at my chart and tell me what possible careers and jobs are best for me? The priority is a day job because I need to get off food stamps, pay off my credit card debt, and quit my financial dependence on my elderly parents.

Through using conventional (non-astrological) career assessment methods, I once considered going into library/archival science. Several years ago a friend of mine who was skilled in astrology suggested that I go into documentary film making.

Since I may have Libra in the 6th House, should I get some paralegal training so I can market myself as a law clerk? I also may have Gemini in the 2nd House. Should I go into public relations so that I can blog for a non-profit? How does this tie into my lack of planets in my 10th House? I think I have Aquarius in the 10th House. This can be interpreted as as a working in charities or philanthropy--but for me it has manifested as a "career" of financial dependency on others.

Other careers/jobs that I have not considered but would be a good fit for me would be welcome.

My resume will give an additional picture about my job and education background. If anybody wants to see my LinkedIn profile PM me. I have disabled email notifications because my regular email inbox is way too cluttered. I'll check this forum from time to time.

Thanks!
Try exploring this:

- 10th House in Aquarius
- Ruler of 10th House in 5th House Virgo
- Sun in Leo
- Sun in 4th House

muchacho

I'm in the same boat as you, except the food stamps. It's awful and humiliating.

I have Uranus right at my MC, in Libra. So what I said about Aquarius and/or Uranus at the MC, also applies to me. If you can figure this out for yourself, maybe it will help me figure it out for me, too!
Here's my take: it could mean that you want to be free to roam and explore the world, you value variety and want to broaden your horizon. Which, in a career scenario means that you either have a very stimulating job that allows you to roam and explore at least mentally and/or also physically or that you will change careers more often than others or maybe even have several different careers at the same time. So, maybe look into fast growing industries or companies that operate on a global scale which offer a lot of variety of tasks and people. And it has to match your Sun sign, of course.

Star Searcher

I apologize to everyone for the much delayed response. Circumstances got in my way. This included doing additional research, a lover who keeps on hogging my laptop, and this forum timing out on me--deleting everything.

Osamenor, as I said the priority is a day job.

You need a certain amount of security in your material life, and this may have to come first. Astrodienst Career and Vocation Report.

Only by making your ideas effective in a practical way can you transform yourself and get a new start in life.
Astrology Library.

Since I have a spotty job history, I really think that working as an office clerk is the best type of entry level position I can get. Do I plan to stay as an office clerk for the next thirty years? Of course not. But I would like to know what sector I am best suited for. This is because I've been job hunting since August with no results. Because my resume does not show I have a distinct career identity, I suspect hiring managers look at it but cannot tell if I am a good fit for their company.

Like I said, I've been doing some research. To be honest, before I got on this forum I purchased a customized copy of the Astrodienst Career and Vocation Report a few years ago. The rest is what I gleaned from the internet.

You become known for your romances.
Michelle, Astrofix.

For better or worse, the above quote is true. Me and my significant other fit together because we are both kinda weird. But I would like to know how to propel that 5th house energy into a money making job. Same goes with the 10th energy. I've had not been using those energies in the most pragmatic fashion.

Osamenor, it's interesting how you say that I should pay attention to my 5th house stellium, even though the 5th house is not known as the work and career house.

So here are some excerpts that jumped out at me from my research. Could somebody help me narrow down what type of career path I can pursue? I've eliminated science and technology since I have a learning disability in mathematics. And I'm not too keen about working in finance.

The person's career may have to do with children, art, acting, sports, leisure activities.
Anonymous Commentator, Astrological Sign.

If your work doesn’t involve either taking care of the poor and unfortunate or using your imagination, prepare to daydream like crazy on the job and feel as if you were thrown into prison.
bobmarksastrologer.com.

Individuals with a Midheaven in Aquarius may find work in medicine, social organizations, fund raising, research, finance, astronomy, fashion, engineering, design, art, music, computers and communication. Jane L. Harrison, Always Astrology.

Choose a career that’s Aquarius-related, like in technology, as an inventor, in science, [and/or] helping people realize their dreams. With Libra here [in the 6th house], you can work in the arts or beauty industry, or with the law.
The Dark Pixie Astrology.

Effective you need to be, for you have a deep longing to offer something solid, practical, and helpful to others. Channeling your compassion and imaginative gifts into spheres such as education or creative work could provide you with this sense of making a useful contribution.

[Your] capacity for deep insight could make you an excellent psychotherapist or medical doctor.
You might be happier in one of the helping professions. particularly those such as medicine or psychiatry. You might also be attracted to other forms of service to the community, social or political.

You may be happy marketing knowledge, selling inspiration, advertising consciousness. Fields such as publishing or media might suit you.

You could [bridge the opposites within you] through one of the creative media--writing, painting, working in theatre [and/or] film.

You could utilize your gifts in fields which cater to collective needs, such as the worlds of film or music.
Liz Greene, Astrodienst Career and Vocation Report.

So should I get into m
arketing and public relations? Children's/juvenille law? Counseling and social work? Healthcare? Arts administration? Higher education? The travel industry?

So far I've applied to a few hospital administrative jobs, law clerk jobs, gallery assistant jobs, and so forth. But I don't have a background in science and health, law, and fine arts. I looked into being an office production assistant, but I don't have a background in film.

Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you very much!

ukdesifem

Aquarius MC - progressive fields (such as ICT..)

Uranus conjunct Pluto in 5th house - Inventiveness and transformation in familial settings/childrearing

Mercury in Cancer in 3rd house - communicative in nurturing topics

Moon in Taurus in twelfth house - reserved emotions, perhaps secret

Venus in 5th house of Virgo and conjunct Pluto - Reserved loving, but transformative given the conjunct

I'd say something to do with childcare, or related field. Though with Uranus well-placed, I'd say this could be developing new techniques in childcare or being an advocate for such. Your Mercury is well-aspected to Uranus and your Moon.

Star Searcher

So . . .

• Elementary school librarian?
  • School and children's multimedia?
  • Children's television?
  • Working with a children's Youtube channel? (Yes, I know YouTube is not a child safe place. There must be some equivalent.)
  • Documentaries that focus on children's issues?
  • Social worker that specializes in children's issues?
  • Juvenile law?

I'm thinking a lot about my career goals because I'm currently going through a Mercury in the 10th House transit and a Sun in 10th House transit.

Also I've been going through some Saturn transits. At first it was tough. I lost a job that I held for 9-10 years. Later I lost my unemployment insurance. But Saturn has been a blessing in disguise. I have grown in maturity and I think and act closer to my age. I'm no longer the bratty little kid/eternal fifteen year old inside.

R4VEN

Star Searcher, you appear to be narrowing down the options/possibilities, which is a good thing.

One thing which has not been mentioned is that you have Neptune Quintile Midheaven. Any Quintile aspect to the midheaven will `colour' your abilities and drives. With Neptune both Q midheaven and opposing a 12th house Moon, you have strong creative drives which are hard to pin down, and which (it is possible, even likely) you may dream about, rather than do anything concrete to work towards them. Mentioning that you've spent your life being a bratty 15-yr-old is relevant also, as powerful Neptune contacts, as you have, can prevent you growing up.

Your 5th house planets are powerful and give you a deep drive to make the world a better place - hopefully beginning with yourself. Anything you choose as a career focus must take into account a need for your own creative input, and a reasonable degree of flexibility. Film-making has been mentioned, and given you have an Aquarius MC, that is a reasonable suggestion. Anything in the healing, nursing, working with children field is also indicated.

Star Searcher

Sounds like the group consensus is pointing towards me working with children or children's issues. I'm thinking of exploring whether non-profit/charity media organizations that specialize in children's programming exist. Hopefully if they do they will except me even though my BA is not in Communications. I'm lucky to live in a major metropolitan city with opportunities. Maybe I can get my foot in the door as an office gopher. Thanks guys!

Osamenor

Staff member
Star Searcher;597304 Osamenor said:
[/FONT]You need a certain amount of security in your material life, and this may have to come first. Astrodienst Career and Vocation Report.

Only by making your ideas effective in a practical way can you transform yourself and get a new start in life.
Astrology Library.

Since I have a spotty job history, I really think that working as an office clerk is the best type of entry level position I can get. Do I plan to stay as an office clerk for the next thirty years? Of course not. But I would like to know what sector I am best suited for.

Not all day jobs are office jobs. A day job could also be, for instance, working in an afterschool program, or a group home for the handicapped (to name a couple of day jobs I've had). Those kinds of jobs would probably work better with your fifth house energies--they call for intuition and ability to think outside the box--and unless you have a criminal record, they're pretty easy to qualify for.

In any case, with your fifth house being emphasized as it is, you can't very well hold even a day job that's incompatible with those energies. If it is just a day job, it wouldn't necessarily have to be 100% compatibility, but it would have to be close enough to your fifth house that you can stand to do it for weeks on end. It's a little like dating without thinking about marriage: you don't necessarily have to be entirely compatible with the people you date if you have no intention of making it long term, but you do have to like them and have good chemistry with them, otherwise, they're not who you should date.