Sabian Symbols in your chart.

athenian200

Well, I enjoyed looking at the Sabian Symbols in the charts of famous people, so I thought it might be nice to have a thread where anyone who feels like it can post their own Sabian Symbols. The connections may not be as fascinating, but it might still be enlightening.

So, here are mine...

Ascendant:

Gemini 16: A woman activist on a platform giving an emotional speech dramatizing her cause.

Descendant (7th house):

Sagittarius 16: Seagulls fly around a ship looking for food.

Midheaven:

Aquarius 21: A woman disappointed and disillusioned, courageously facing a seemingly empty life.

Imum Coeli (4th house):

Leo 21: Intoxicated chickens dizzily flap their wings trying to fly.

Sun:

Aries 13: A bomb which failed to explode is now safely hidden from discovery.

Moon:

Libra 4: A group of young people sit in spiritual communion around a campfire.

Mercury:

Pisces 25: The purging of the priesthood.

Mars:

Capricorn 27: A mountain pilgrimage.

Venus:

Taurus 28: A woman in middle life stands in rapt sudden realization of forgotten charms, in unexpected recovery of romance.

Saturn:

Capricorn 3: The human soul, in its eagerness for new experiences, seeks embodiment.

Jupiter:

Taurus 6: A bridge being built across a high narrow gorge.

Part of Fortune:

Sagittarius 7: Cupid knocking on the door of a human heart.

North Node:

Pisces 23: A materializing medium giving a séance.

South Node:

Virgo 23: A lion tamer rushes fearlessly into the circus arena.

Uranus:

Capricorn 2: Three stained-glass windows in a gothic church, one damaged by war.

Neptune:

Capricorn 11: Pheasants display their brilliant colors on a private estate.

Pluto:

Scorpio 12: A brilliant assembly of dignitaries at an official embassy ball.

Chiron:

Gemini 24: Carefree children skating on ice.

Lilith:

Leo 26: After a heavy storm, a rainbow appears.

uSkzutj.gif

Phoenix Venus

A way to interperet the axis which should help in understanding the implications of the sabian symbols:

The ac: who
The dc: whom-to... who you are becoming in this lifetime
The ic: why... why you are moving from the ac to the dc
The mc: how. how you are to spiritually evolve in this lifetime.

I would also suggest looking up some arabic parts.. they are very telling when mixed with the sabian symbols.

athenian200

A way to interperet the axis which should help in understanding the implications of the sabian symbols:

The ac: who
The dc: whom-to... who you are becoming in this lifetime
The ic: why... why you are moving from the ac to the dc
The mc: how. how you are to spiritually evolve in this lifetime.

These are the same as the Ascendant, Descendant, Imum Coeli, and the Midheaven, right? I've been using them as equivalent, but if I got them wrong I'm not sure how they're calculated.

I would also suggest looking up some arabic parts.. they are very telling when mixed with the sabian symbols.
That's a good idea, although I have to admit that using them is a real pain because Astrodienst can't calculate all of them. The best calculator I've found is this one: http://libracentre.com/arabic_parts_chart.php

It makes it a little easier than doing it by hand (which I've done), but not by much. :/

Anyway... in my chart I'm finding:

Hyleg, Sagittarius 21*21':

Sagittarius 22: A Chinese laundry.

Part of Spirit, Sagittarius 24*29':

Sagittarius 25: A chubby little rich boy rides upon a hobbyhorse.

Part of Nemesis, Taurus 20*13':

Taurus 21: A moving finger points to significant passages in a book.

Part of Astrology, Pisces 22*29':

Pisces 23: A materializing medium giving a séance.

Part of Kings/Rulers, Sagittarius 24*46':

Sagittarius 25: A chubby little rich boy rides upon a hobbyhorse.

Part of Identity, Virgo 14*52':

Virgo 15: A fine lace ornamental handkerchief.

Part of Secret Enemies, Pisces 16*34':

Pisces 17: An easter promenade.

Part of Friends and Foes, Cancer 3*14':

Cancer 4: A cat arguing with a mouse.

Part of Friends, Sagittarius 6*40':

Sagittarius 7: Cupid knocking on the door of a human heart.

Part of Hope, Taurus 4*43':

Taurus 5: A youthful widow, fresh and soul-cleansed from grief, kneels at an open grave to receive the secret of eternal life.

Part of Retribution, Virgo 1*22':

Virgo 2: A large white cross, dominating the landscape, stands alone on the top of a high hill.

Phoenix Venus

These are the same as the Ascendant, Descendant, Imum Coeli, and the Midheaven, right? I've been using them as equivalent, but if I got them wrong I'm not sure how they're calculated.

That's a good idea, although I have to admit that using them is a real pain because Astrodienst can't calculate all of them.

Yup, those are the same thing. the grand cross of the chart which represents the four focal points of the life path.

Yup, its definitely a lot of work to calculate them but very much so worth it as they are all very intricately attuned to ones chart. another dilemma with working with them is making sure the chart is accurate cause even a half minute could put quite a few parts in another degree.

when you look up a lot of parts, you start to see overriding patterns. for instance i have quite a few parts that relate to astrology.

Here are a few:

Mc @ 7 leo:

"THE CONSTELLATIONS OF STARS SHINE BRILLIANTLY IN THE NIGHT SKY.

KEYNOTE: The power of basic spiritual values which refer to man's common humanity and to all enduring archetypes."

Part of art @ 13 scorpio:

"AN INVENTOR PERFORMS A LABORATORY EXPERIMENT.

KEYNOTE: The driving urge toward achievement, which is at the root of civilization. ABILITY TO RELATE SEEMINGLY UNRELATED FACTS."

Part of victory @ sag 20:

"IN AN OLD-FASHIONED NORTHERN

VILLAGE MEN CUT THE ICE OF A FROZEN POND FOR USE DURING THE SUMMER.

KEYNOTE: The foresighted use of natural resources to supply future needs."

So you see these all relate towards a need to use astrology as a guide.

athenian200

I did find a program called Morinus that helps me calculate a lot of these. It even lets me add my own parts. It doesn't include Uranus, Pluto, or Neptune, but it can calculate any Arabic part using the original 7 planets or the angles.

Those Arabic parts relating to Astrology were really interesting, Venus. I can see the connection with prediction and foresight.

Anyway, I found more Arabic parts. There are so many of them, and they have the habit of repeating the same formula for differently named parts.

Part of Art/Security, Leo 19*22':

Leo 20: American Indians perform a ritual to the sun.

Part of Victory, Libra 26*31':

Libra 27: An airplane sails high in the bright clear sky.

Part of Allegiance/Fate/Tragedy, Pisces 6*07':

Pisces 7: Illuminated by a shaft of light, a large cross lies on rocks surrounded by sea and mist.

Part of Destruction/Commerce, Aries 0*04':

Aries 1: A woman has risen out of the ocean, a seal is embracing her.

I wish they had actual descriptions of what the parts represent, though. I can't find much to go on other than the one-word description on the part itself.

Last edited:

Phoenix Venus

We have an ongoing thread in the forum that has all the known parts and their various titles. A lot of parts are still in need of studying and we have quite a few of them figured out as far as the preffered application of them.

For instance the part of catastrophe is an inevitable disaster that usually is necessary in some way as it leads to some type of growth that allows ones greater fulfillment in life to unfold but if one knows about this symbol, it can be diverted and worked with more cohesively.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39338