Writing ability

or1000

Hello
So I’ve been a writer for as long as i can remember. With Neptune in the chart many would think I like fantasy writing, which would be incorrect. I’m not a fairytale romantic, but more so a intuitive and I try to be realist with what I write about. Writing to inform. I mean don’t get me wrong, I slip off into my own daydreaming neptuneian world of feelings but I don’t have a desire to put this to paper as it often doesn’t make sense. I put it to music often.
With my neptune in the 4th, what would say my daydreams are? They’re very me focused and a lot to do with childhood wishes etc in my opinion. So I don’t pick up any writing material from these. I just want to make sense of it, because it often conflicts with my ability to write and know what I want to give to people.
Also, Jupiter 6th contacting mercury, what is this meaning for my writing?? What’s your opinion on the affects of the moon on writing?

Chart: https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=84080&d=1580923890

Last edited:

ElenaJ

Mercury in exact trine to pluto in the 3rd should make you a good researcher.
Moon in scorpio also enjoys this, digging deep down and getting down to the fundamentals. It gives you determination and focus. Pluto is also intercepted co.ruler of the 2nd, your money house so you can have an income from this.
Mercury opposes uranus, making your mind quick-thinking, and in the 5th plus ruling the 5th of creativity, you can give an original spin to what you write. Also, Uranus governs transformation, revolution, change, progress, electricity, space and airspace in general, science fiction, radio and interest in the occult (astrology!). All possibile themes for your writing and research.
Uranus is also quick and impatient, so your writing would be suited more to short articles and pieces, than extensive tomes written over long periods of time: you probably wouldn't have the patience and continuity for extensive projects, you are better suited to quick spontaneous but well researched articles.
Public speaking could also be something you are good at, with time and experience. Venus wants to communicate and Neptune is in very easy and very tight org with your ascendent of expression.
The trine with Jupiter is very wide, so quite subtle, it gives you optimism, from your 6th house of workplace, and ruling pluto in sagittarius, brings on spiritual subjects, religion and travel.
It also stimulates the musical interest you mentioned.
So, your moon in scorpio is conjunct Chiron, the wounded healer, learning from pain. Moon is not strong in scorpio, so you are feeling the push through this pain to confront certain emotional conflicts that inhibit your creativity (square Uranus, ruling midheaven of career). Moon is in developmental aspect with Venus, your ascendent ruler. You are being pushed to face these conflicts by the Chiron conjunction, and the trine with sun in 10th in sensitive intuitive cancer seems to point to some difficulties in your childhood with your mother.
That same Venus in gemini is communicative, it is airy not emotional, and needs freedom to express itself, which it finds from the trine to Uranus in the creative 5th.
Venus is creativity, art, beauty, and you have it in mercury's sign, in the 9th of psychology, learning and travel.
So if you tie the links together, follow the links, you may be able to put it all together to resolve the childhood wound that is festering inside you, using writing, using psychology, in a creative way, to produce works that communicate to others.
But first, face those ghosts that are chasing you and either sweep them aside to clear the way or use them in a productive creative way.

Amit89

With what ElenaJ mentioned.

Mercury trine Pluto is very good for research, digging deep into things.

Mercury oppose Uranus can give you quick insights, flash of ideas.

ElenaJ

With what ElenaJ mentioned.

Mercury trine Pluto is very good for research, digging deep into things.

Mercury oppose Uranus can give you quick insights, flash of ideas.

I think or1000 is probably quite a good writer, he just needs to find the channel best suited to his type of talent.

Bunraku

attachment.php

This is the chart posted in
more visible.

or1000

Mercury in exact trine to pluto in the 3rd should make you a good researcher.
Moon in scorpio also enjoys this, digging deep down and getting down to the fundamentals. It gives you determination and focus. Pluto is also intercepted co.ruler of the 2nd, your money house so you can have an income from this.
Mercury opposes uranus, making your mind quick-thinking, and in the 5th plus ruling the 5th of creativity, you can give an original spin to what you write. Also, Uranus governs transformation, revolution, change, progress, electricity, space and airspace in general, science fiction, radio and interest in the occult (astrology!). All possibile themes for your writing and research.
Uranus is also quick and impatient, so your writing would be suited more to short articles and pieces, than extensive tomes written over long periods of time: you probably wouldn't have the patience and continuity for extensive projects, you are better suited to quick spontaneous but well researched articles.
Public speaking could also be something you are good at, with time and experience. Venus wants to communicate and Neptune is in very easy and very tight org with your ascendent of expression.
The trine with Jupiter is very wide, so quite subtle, it gives you optimism, from your 6th house of workplace, and ruling pluto in sagittarius, brings on spiritual subjects, religion and travel.
It also stimulates the musical interest you mentioned.
So, your moon in scorpio is conjunct Chiron, the wounded healer, learning from pain. Moon is not strong in scorpio, so you are feeling the push through this pain to confront certain emotional conflicts that inhibit your creativity (square Uranus, ruling midheaven of career). Moon is in developmental aspect with Venus, your ascendent ruler. You are being pushed to face these conflicts by the Chiron conjunction, and the trine with sun in 10th in sensitive intuitive cancer seems to point to some difficulties in your childhood with your mother.
That same Venus in gemini is communicative, it is airy not emotional, and needs freedom to express itself, which it finds from the trine to Uranus in the creative 5th.
Venus is creativity, art, beauty, and you have it in mercury's sign, in the 9th of psychology, learning and travel.
So if you tie the links together, follow the links, you may be able to put it all together to resolve the childhood wound that is festering inside you, using writing, using psychology, in a creative way, to produce works that communicate to others.
But first, face those ghosts that are chasing you and either sweep them aside to clear the way or use them in a productive creative way.

As always Elena, your response has given a fresh perspective. I am very much a researching type yes and I dig to the bottom of things with tenacity. I suppose the 5th uranus you speak of is what I could be dealing with right now, applying my creative spin in a way that others can grasp as well as I mean for them to. Through topics of change, reformation etc. This part of your reply did open my eyes. Short articles and pieces, I do, and with Gemini 9th, it is my best option and the way I can work to my best I would say at the moment.
Recently I did start to look into Libra rising, and it’s want to communicate. I mean, I didn’t necessarily see it this way, and I did see Libra for a long time as communicating for the sake of it and more so in a sociable manner and just chatty. But maybe that’s the Gemini.
Musical interest from Jupiter the 6th, you say? Hmmm. Seems the water air combination shows through a lot here... the emotive narrator pushing through conflicts and the lighthearted communicator. Your point about difficulties in childhood with mother is one of the things I’m drawn to communicate and healing this though I mean with it being on the sun 10th it is very visible and uncomfortable as a cancer!
‘So if you tie the links together, follow the links, you may be able to put it all together to resolve the childhood wound that is festering inside you, using writing, using psychology, in a creative way, to produce works that communicate to others. ‘ well said- thank you! Much love, seriously!

Last edited:

OuterPlanets89

I know countless factors go into good writing, but if I were to break it down, the 3 biggest ones to me would be:

- Creative Thinking
- Ability to Communicate Thoughts into Words
- The Focus, Dedication and "Hard Skills" like Discipline to Finish Work

I think all 3 factors have aspects, houses and placements that can point to having each box checked.

1) Creative Thinker
- Hard aspects from Uranus, Neptune, Pluto and Jupiter to personal planets, especially Mercury, Moon and Venus
- Personal Planets in "mentally active" signs like Gemini, Virgo and Aquarius, especially in creative/expressive houses...there are many Sign/House/Planet combinations I could list here, but I'd say you a balance of free mental activity (i.e. an unevolved Taurus or Cap may not fit here) and some ability to discern those thoughts as well (i.e. too much 12th may make the ideas too distant to make sense of).
- Every sign/energy can be creative in it's own way, with the right balance from other placements/aspects.
- I've seen Mercury/Saturn aspects undo otherwise creative charts. Many of those people were still creative, but chose to not put too much effort into their art due to its perceived lack of practicality.

2) Ability to Communicate Thoughts into Words
- This is more Mercury and the Moon and their relationship. The two being in harmony help a lot.
- Mercury in an Air Sign/House help here.
- Cancer/Pisces Mercury placements usually do not, unless they have aspects to balance it out.

3) The Focus, Dedication and "Hard Skills" like Discipline to Finish Work
- This is where the Earth/Saturn come in, as I've seen more Earthy writers than maybe any other sign, probably because they weren't going to let "controllable" factors like not finishing the book ever stop them, whereas I'm sure some talented Watery writers might've. Virgo Suns seem to be the most common.
- Pluto's focus and obsession help a lot. It's common to see Moon or Mercury in hard aspect to Pluto in writers. Venus too.
- Too much Neptune/Pisces/12th can hinder a writer in this area, even though it can be excellent for raw creativity.

or1000

I know countless factors go into good writing, but if I were to break it down, the 3 biggest ones to me would be:

- Creative Thinking
- Ability to Communicate Thoughts into Words
- The Focus, Dedication and "Hard Skills" like Discipline to Finish Work

I think all 3 factors have aspects, houses and placements that can point to having each box checked.

1) Creative Thinker
- Hard aspects from Uranus, Neptune, Pluto and Jupiter to personal planets, especially Mercury, Moon and Venus
- Personal Planets in "mentally active" signs like Gemini, Virgo and Aquarius, especially in creative/expressive houses...there are many Sign/House/Planet combinations I could list here, but I'd say you a balance of free mental activity (i.e. an unevolved Taurus or Cap may not fit here) and some ability to discern those thoughts as well (i.e. too much 12th may make the ideas too distant to make sense of).
- Every sign/energy can be creative in it's own way, with the right balance from other placements/aspects.
- I've seen Mercury/Saturn aspects undo otherwise creative charts. Many of those people were still creative, but chose to not put too much effort into their art due to its perceived lack of practicality.

2) Ability to Communicate Thoughts into Words
- This is more Mercury and the Moon and their relationship. The two being in harmony help a lot.
- Mercury in an Air Sign/House help here.
- Cancer/Pisces Mercury placements usually do not, unless they have aspects to balance it out.

3) The Focus, Dedication and "Hard Skills" like Discipline to Finish Work
- This is where the Earth/Saturn come in, as I've seen more Earthy writers than maybe any other sign, probably because they weren't going to let "controllable" factors like not finishing the book ever stop them, whereas I'm sure some talented Watery writers might've. Virgo Suns seem to be the most common.
- Pluto's focus and obsession help a lot. It's common to see Moon or Mercury in hard aspect to Pluto in writers. Venus too.
- Too much Neptune/Pisces/12th can hinder a writer in this area, even though it can be excellent for raw creativity.

The breaking down like this really is helpful. I see where you are coming from with the neptune description. It is a help with off the cuff sort of creativity but putting pen to paper, it is not at all. I was wondering for a while about this, but I’d say it’s a lot more of a contemplative energy. It’s in that space that you may develop ideas, but discipline gets those things into reality. Mercury at the moons relationship is such a huge significator and it’s a tough situation when you can’t communicate your inner capacity with negative impacts of the square!

Last edited:

Watermoon369

The breaking down like this really is helpful. I see where you are coming from with the neptune description. It is a help with off the cuff sort of creativity but putting pen to paper, it is not at all. I was wondering for a while about this, but I’d say it’s a lot more of a contemplative energy. It’s in that space that you may develop ideas, but discipline gets those things into reality. Mercury at the moons relationship is such a huge significator and it’s a tough situation when you can’t communicate your inner capacity with negative impacts of the square!

I have a friend who has mercury in libra conjunct pluto in 3rd house and he is a powerful writer.