A basic chart reading...

brookeashley

What are my talents according to my chart? Weaknesses?
Any pointers for a career choice?

Attachments

• CHART.gif
    CHART.gif
    57.8 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

LoneMars

Well Brooke, I'm no expert but the first thing I noticed is your midheaven in Gemini. Midheaven would be your career path and Gemini, ruled by mercury, pertains to all things communication (ie writer, journalist, performing arts).

Your Sun and Mercury are opposite Saturn, which probably makes you reserved and cautious. While others with this aspect might be shy, with your Sun at home in Leo, I doubt you are. So that all looks good for communication so far.

Next, I see your Moon conjunct Neptune conjunct Uranus. This is creativity overload. Fortunately, its in responsible Capricorn or else you might not ever get out of bed in the morning. You need to be doing some creative work. Capricorn can really harness this energy and turn it into something tangible.

Then there is Jupiter trining that Moon conjunction. Jupiter does a few things here: (1) it biggers your creativity, (2) it makes you want to make the world a better place and (3) it makes you lucky.

Next we have Mars trine Saturn in Gemini. Again your drive (Mars) is to communicate (Gemini). That trine from Saturn focuses this energy. If Mars is the warrior, Saturn is the general. You are definitely a doer. Saturn doesn't cut you much slack anywhere in your chart.

Even Pluto fits well with this. I don't know if you have ever had a problem with depression. With Pluto squaring your Sun, you may feel as though you have a storm cloud following you. I have Pluto in Scorpio square Moon, Mercury and Venus. I can tell you personally that Pluto has a lot of raw energy that can be focused into positive pursuits. Pluto is malific because it is unrestained. Its like a nuclear energy. You can drop it like a bomb and destroy everything or you can harness it like your own personal power plant. This gives you the depth, energy and probably baggage to be an artist.

So all this looks good for writing, acting, art of any sort. However, your north node is conjunct your 4th house cusp. This would indicate that your destiny is in matters of the home, family or children. This makes the midheaven conjunct your south node. I heard someone describe the south node as your past life. Although you may not believe in that, its a good analogy. The south node is shadow material, baggage, fear and your repressed self.

My opinion is that you should try working from home or in a comfortable setting and you would do very well as a fantasy writer. Maybe children's stories?

But before you quite your job or drop out of college, get a second opinion, because I am not aprofessional.

brookeashley

WOW.
I actually am a very creative person. I started writing science fiction when I was 13. It's something I always wanted to persue but I was told not to because there is no financial security in the writers field. I'm entering 3rd year of college, writing it is!
I appreciate you taking the time to read my chart, you were very insightful.

Regarding pluto squaring my sun, I do get down/depressed a little easier than most. I'm over analytical of myself. Could you clarify on how to focus this into a positive pursuit?

LoneMars

WOW.
I actually am a very creative person. I started writing science fiction when I was 13. It's something I always wanted to persue but I was told not to because there is no financial security in the writers field. I'm entering 3rd year of college, writing it is!
I appreciate you taking the time to read my chart, you were very insightful.

Well now, just because you have what it takes to be a great writer doesn't mean you'll be rich or ever even be able to make a living at it. I don't see much regarding finances in your chart. However Pluto is in your 2nd house, house of wealth. This could make you feel as though you're continuously on the verge of financial destitution, even if its not even close to reality, especially with Pluto in Scorpio.

That being said, you have a lot of Saturnian/capricorn energy in your chart. You may need to save every dime you have, but I'm confident you won't ever end up homeless. Also, Jupiter will bring you good luck. You might be surprised. I think what is most important is that you follow your charts path. Maybe you can use some of that Neptune Uranus energy to think of a novel way to make pay the bills while you await your big break.

I'm still thinking about your Pluto question. I'll get back to you on that.

LoneMars

Regarding pluto squaring my sun, I do get down/depressed a little easier than most. I'm over analytical of myself. Could you clarify on how to focus this into a positive pursuit?

That over-analyticalness is all Saturn. Self criticism is healthy as long as you don't let Saturn stifle you. I'm more concerned with Saturn opposite mercury. Especially with Virgo rising, you might rewrite a lot or throw out things you've done. Are you a perfectionist?

Pluto is at the center of a t-square between your sun and Saturn. You may find yourself in a cycle. Saturn criticizes your sun (self) your sun runs and hides in the shadows (Pluto), Pluto grows stronger from the suns energy and feeds Saturn, giving him more energy to criticize you.

If this is the case, you need to break that cycle. Jupiter is semisextile your sun. Don't quote me on this, but I believe planets this distance from the sun are said to thrive from the glow of the sun. You can turn the suns energy towards Jupiter. It's a minor aspect, so this takes effort. Jupiter can then either take the easy trine and go directly to your creativity stellium or, with effort on your part, take the sextile to Pluto. I would try to become comfortable with your Pluto side and accept it. Because once you've done that, you can choose to take the sextile to your stellium and create something profound. At this point you'll need to go back through Saturn to get something done about it. Saturn is receptive to your creativity, due to another semisextile. Next, you can either go directly to mercury and write it down (bad idea, Saturn doesn't like your execution) or you can take that easy trine to mars. This is probably very natural for you. It's easier than the opposition. Saturn will tell mars something needs to be done with these creative thoughts. Mars is sextile mercury so he can send it right over to the printing department. Mercury shouldn't have any trouble getting it out to the world. He's in "look at me" Leo in the 11th house of community. He just needs to ignore Saturns doubts.

Something I just realized that might make all my references to Jupiter harder. Jupiter is in his detriment in Virgo. That Jupiter energy is week. You may need to really work on strengthening him. You can call on help from the moon both in your chart and in transit. Jupiter transits to your sun, Jupiter and Pluto will also help this process.

In a couple years, maybe less, Pluto will become conjunct your moon stellium. This will be open up that channel to Pluto. This is a great time to shed everything that is no longer helpful to you. If you use this time well, you could create something profound. I'm not exaggerating.

The transit will last 5-6 years. I haven't looked it up, I'm just going on memory so you may want to look at it to get exact times. Depending on how comfortable you are with Pluto, this could be a very difficult time or it could be wonderful.

Pluto take about 300 years to travel through the signs. So not everyone gets a Pluto transit. It's a gift.

EDIT: I'm wrong on the Pluto conjunction. It will be exact with your Uranus in a couple years. You are already well into the conjunction. It will last through 2019. That's with a 5 degree orb. You'll probably feel it for the next decade.

Last edited: