acting predisposition?

santama

hello people,

I know it's maybe a strange question and difficult to answer, but maybe you still could try...

It's that since I can remember somehow I am thinking of me acting. In my most beautiful dreams I am an actress (more theatre, not so much movies).
But I never tried really or when I tried once or twice I gave up too early because of my insecurity. The last time I tried, an experienced actor in this drama group told me I had talent, without me asking for a feedback, and I was really happy but still I gave up because of fear. But still I am thinking day and night about it... I remember when I was a kid, I loved to act and make shows for my family, somehow, when I got older and my father left I began to be more and more insecure so I stopped being "on the stage" but dreaming about it never, even if it always scares me a little.

So is it possible to see if there is something in my chart that shows acting ability (or love)? Of course, you always have to activate it by yourself, but I am just really curious why I am so obsessed with this idea and if there is a reason behind it. :)

Would be so grateful, to heaven and back !:)

santama

Attachments

• astro_2at_01_ma.3237.16705.jpg
    astro_2at_01_ma.3237.16705.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 62

conspiracy theorist

Go for it.

1. Both the lights (Sun and Moon) in your chart are angular which shows the possibility of high visibility. Your moon especially in its condition can mean popularity with the public, especially because she is configured to the 7th house of others.

2. You have a strong Venus in Taurus and she is angular in the 4th/5th sign. Venus' attractive qualities will serve an actor well, for obvious reasons. Also she is the most powerful of the professional planets (although Mercury is quite nice too). According to Lilly,"She (Venus) signifies of herself Pleasure, Delight, Tenderness, Delicacy, Feastings, Guests, and all such things as tickle the senses with Pleasure." Do you think actors tickle the senses with pleasure? Some can I reckon.

3. Jupiter is located in the 10th sign of Libra which describes a career that is signified that can put you in the company of the upper echelon of society as Jupiter signifies the upper crust of society. General good fortune, social mobility, and honour may be indicated. Gauqeulin also noted that jupiter was correlated to Actors which I'm sure you would be glad to hear. And it doesn't hurt that Jupiter is disposed by the wonderfully fortunate Venus. If someone in the business gives you unsolicited praise, I think that is a good sign.

4. You have Mars on Regulus, "With Mars: Honor, fame, strong character public prominence, high military command. [Robson*, p.197.]" Your chart doesn't have much in the way of military indicators so I wouldn't worry to much about becoming a five star general.

I realize you might have confidence issues noting the Saturn- Mars opposition with Saturn retrograde ruling the Ascendant. But I think you should try to fight it because not only does your chart show the possibility but also you yourself enjoy and dream about acting. Don't knock it, it may be where your destiny lies.

katydid

from the link above:
Linda Goodman---
Another sign of an actor in a chart is the Sun/ Neptune- Moon/ Neptune aspects. Usually with a Sun/ Neptune one is gifted in the creative arts. Specifically acting though. This is b/c the Sun/Neptune aspects indicate not only acting abilities but medium abilities. Many phycics and mediums have Sun/ Neptune aspects. And after all if you really think about it actors are mediums- they channel the character they are playing.
Another chart significator is Scorpio or 8th house activity. Actors are by nature quite intuitive. With lots of 8th house activity or Scorpio activity there is a huge amount of intuitive ability. Plus Pluto energy has to do with researching and going deep into the pyche like a detective. All good actors must get deep into the role they are playing and connect. The 8th house is all about union and an actor creates a true union with the character they play.

Claire19

Acting and performing arts belong with Leo and the 5th house. For a public career the 10th house is involved.

I can see some involvement with writing and film scripts, perhaps but not really as a performer. You need to study your north node position and sign to get an idea of your real path. Sagittarius in the 11th, lends more to foreign contacts, entrepreneurial work and promotions with travelling etc. I feel you may have a pleasant singing voice or at least love to sing.

Hope this has been of some help.

Claire19

Here is an entire thread about this subject:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25997

Indicators for acting ability in natal chart

Results:
Venus square Neptune

Venus squares Jupiter

Sun in fixed signs

Ruler of Ascendant in Taurus

Mercury in 1st quadrant

Sun in Taurus
I

have no idea about what sort of research has been done with this but it is tinaccurate and generalised.

talents are indicated by trines and sextiles, some conjunctions, not squares which are aspects of conflict and needing to be worked on to overcome inner obstacles.
sun in Leo can indicate performing arts, but Venus square Neptune is a delusionary and addictive aspect and indicates conflicts and losses with handling finances and assets. Conflicts with dreams and the hard cold reality particularly for film work.

Taurus can indicate a good singing voice but not acting as such. Taurus is about money and assets and material values.

Venus square Jupiter again is over expectation of financial success and rash promises that are not fulfilled or wasted resources. Jupiter can be involved with acting but more in the promotional entrepreneurial way.

The 5th house for performing arts and the 10th house of vocation and public life have to be involved with all the aspects plus the 2nd house for earning money and the 6th for everyday work and needs to be met.

Last edited:

katydid

sun in Leo can indicate performing arts, but Venus square Neptune is a delusionary and addictive aspect and indicates conflicts with handling finances and assets. conflicts with dreams and the hard cold reality particularly for film work.

Taurus can indicate a good singing voice but not acting as such.

Venus square Jupiter again is over expectation of financial success and rash promises that are not fulfilled or wasted resources.

The 5th house for acting and the 10th house of vocation and public life have to be involved with all the aspects plus the 2nd house for earning money and the 6th for everyday work and needs to be met.

These aspects were what was actually found in the charts of working actors.

conspiracy theorist

Acting and performing arts belong with Leo and the 5th house. For a public career the 10th house is involved.

I can see some involvement with writing and film scripts, perhaps but not really as a performer. You need to study your north node position and sign to get an idea of your real path. Sagittarius in the 11th, lends more to foreign contacts, entrepreneurial work and promotions with travelling etc. I feel you may have a pleasant singing voice or at least love to sing.

Hope this has been of some help.

How many of the top actors in the world (not just limited to hollywood) have a Leo Sun/ 5th house emphasis?

RaRohini

Hi!

There is a very interesting insight in Vedic astrology about nakshatras ( stars) which predispose one to acting. Rohini (moon in Taurus) or Ascendant Rohini is the foremost among them. The stage for self expression should however be provided in the 5th house. 'Rohan' means growth in Sanskrit. So any venture inaugurated by a person having Rohini nakshatra will attain growth. That's why we get actors to promote products all the time !!!

Last edited:

santama

thank you very much for your detailed analysis @conspiracy theorist! :)

I just have a question: Isn't my jupiter in 9th house? :S

santama

Hey Claire, thank you ver much for your answer.
Your observation concerning singing is very interesting! Because I really love to sing! I sing everywhere and anytime. I didn't say the whole truth in my first post hehe: I actually dream about both acting and singing. It's just that I really lost the connection to music performing so now I am just dreaming about it, probably even a little bit more than about acting.Music was my first love, and if I had a really good voice I'd become a singer playing with my guitar, but I am not really sure how good my singing voice is, I guess it's average, that's why I do not have much hope for that.

Can you tell me how you saw that in my natal chart?

( I guess somehow I just love to perform with my voice, may it be through acting or singing, I love to speak artistically in front of people)

Concerning my northnode in 11th house, I have to say, I have no connection at all to this. I am not just not interested in economic business and business travelling and stuff like that, it bores me to death. My interests are in the artistic, philosophical, metaphysical, social work, work with children, psychology (pedagogics and psychology is what I am studying). Could be that the connection is here, that I like to help foreigners, refugees,...
Oh and yes, I like to write, too and I am good at it but it's not something I'd consider as a profession for me. It's not exciting enough for me. I write diary and poems here and there, but I was never interested in becoming a writer or screenwriter or something like that..

Last edited:

Larxene

Hello Santama,

Let me answer this briefly. In general, Mercury and Venus as significators of the profession will make one suitable for acting. Looking at your chart:

1. None of the three stars (Mars, Venus, Mercury) make a phase. I note that the Moon applies to Mercury and receives it in her own domicile.

2. None of the three planets are in the 10th sign, although Jupiter is here. Venus rules this place, and sympathizes with this place by being in a sign of like-engirdling ( that is, both Libra and Taurus are ruled by Venus). The MC is in the 11th place, and there are no planets here. Venus testifies to this place by being diametrical to it.

Looking at Venus, she is a benefic of the sect in favour, in her domicile, and in favourable 5th sign (and the IC is also found here, so she is pivotal by quadrant). Venus rejoices by being in a feminine sign, below the horizon and in the 5th sign. A closer view also reveals that the Moon separates from Venus and applies to Mercury. The Lot of Exaltation is found to be in Libra, culminating and its ruler is Venus as well.

With all these in mind, I say Yes. Acting should be quite suitable.

Larxene Xenohart

conspiracy theorist

thank you very much for your detailed analysis @conspiracy theorist! :)

I just have a question: Isn't my jupiter in 9th house? :S

Yep, according to the current house system you have on your chart - it is.

But using whole sign houses Jupiter is in the 10th sign from the ascendant - making it incline to 10th house matters as well.

The matter of which house system to use is a controversial issue but it all really comes down to your preferences. If placidus suits you - stick to it. If other house systems are intriguing to you - try them out and see which ones speak to you. Personally, I use a mixture of placidus and whole sign, depending on the chart I'm looking at.

wilsontc

Staff member
fear, to santama

santama,

You asked:
It's that since I can remember somehow I am thinking of me acting. In my most beautiful dreams I am an actress (more theatre, not so much movies). But I never tried really or when I tried once or twice I gave up too early because of my insecurity. The last time I tried, an experienced actor in this drama group told me I had talent...I stopped being "on the stage" but dreaming about it never, even if it always scares me a little. So is it possible to see if there is something in my chart that shows acting ability (or love)?

As has been mentioned, Sun (self-expression, :sun:) in a strong position in your chart emphasizes the need to express yourself. Your Sun is on your Descendant (others) and trine (energy goes very easily with) your Midheaven (outer world), so you find it easy to express yourself around others and the outer world notices this. You also have Mars (actions, :mars:) in Leo :)leo:) (ruled by Sun - :sun:) in a fate degree (strong energy), which emphasizes this urge to act.

The "fear" comes from Saturn (duty, also structure, restriction, :saturn:) opposing (energy is over-excited by) your Mars :)mars:). So the more you want to take actions in acting, the more your Saturn energy restricts you and makes your fearful. Once you understand that all Saturn wants is a structure, this fear can go away.

Face your fear and take a clear, structured method to acting: read books on it, practice acting exercises, go back to that person who told you had talent and ask them how to develop it. Once you face your fear it will become a strong urge for structure and discipline. And that's the first step to an acting career if you want it, or a serious hobby if you already have a career you like.

Structured,

Tim

santama

Wow, thank you everyone for every each insight into my chart! I am really fascinated by your answers and feel very good to know that my dreams are a part of me. I am now strengthened in my wish and motivated to follow the path of it. It's intriguing how much new things I learned, too about astrology through this thread, I think knowledge in astrology is infinite.
thanks!

santama

Last edited:

Kitchy

Banned
Neptune in 1st house is excellent for pretending to be whom others want them to be. Uranus in 1st supplies ample expression of many different characters ~ all in a moment's notice.

Nice work if you can get it. 10th house ruler Mars in 8th - at someother's expense.

Pick and Choose wisely.

Last edited:

Larxene

Your Venus is just so strong that it probably overwhelms all the lesser, non-desirable factors.

Larxene Xenohart