Planetary Charity

Larxene

Hello everyone,

Anyone here has tried this ritual elaborated by renaissance astrologer Christopher Warnock?

http://www.renaissanceastrology.com/planetarycharity.html

This is done to mitigate the harmful effects of some planets in our natal chart. If any of you has tried it, I would appreciate some feedback on your experience with the ritual.

If you haven't tried it, but is interested to try it, that is fine as well. :) I would welcome any enquiries.

I simply want to collect more data on how well it works and what it is effective for, as well as thinking if we could do this in conjunction with elections to produce better effects.

To the moderators: I apologise if this thread seems off-topic or irrelevant to this section. However, since this ritual is rooted in traditional astrology to a great extent, I wanted to catch the attention of those who study the traditional branches to respond to it.

I would appreciate it if the thread could be left here for a few days to collect some responses before being moved to an appropriate section, if it is indeed improper for it to be posted here.

Thank you.

Larxene Xenohart

[Moved to Natal Astrology since not clearly about the areas considered under the "Traditional Astrology" Forum - Moderator]

ADDENDUM: Please read this post for some preparatory work before performing the ritual, just to be safe: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=658796&postcount=56

Last edited:

Cap

Hi Larxene!

I haven't really tried the western version of "planetary charity" nor my reply has anything to do with traditional astrology in a direct sense. Although I'm a western born I've been practicing eastern spiritual techniques since I was 16. As pointed out in the article, most of this stuff have roots in the Vedas and Jyotish so you might want to explore the Vedic tradition to learn more.

Here is a simple, "starting out" article:

http://www.ayurvedaelements.com/articlepleasingplanets.php

Another powerful way of channeling the planetary energies is the use of Sanskrit mantras. Most people are not aware how powerful tool mantra is. I've never encountered the Sanskrit mantra which failed to deliver desired results.

Here is the list of planetary mantras in their simplest form:

Surya-Sun OM SRI SURYAYA NAMAHA [Ohm Shree Soor-yah-yah Nahm-ah-ha]
Chandra-Moon OM SRI CHANDRAYA NAMAHA [Ohm Shree Chahn-drah-yah Nahm-ah-ha]
Budha-Mercury OM SRI BUDHAYA NAMAHA [Ohm Shree Bood-hah-yah Nahm-ah-ha]
Sukra-Venus OM SRI SHUKRAYA NAMAHA [Ohm Shree Shoo-krah-yah Nahm-ah-ha]
Mangala-Mars OM SRI ANGARAKAYA NAMAHA [Ohm Shree Ahng-gah-rah-kah-ya Nahm-ah-ha]
Guru-Jupiter OM SRI GURAVE NAMAHA [Ohm Shree Goo-rah-vey Nahm-ah-ha]
Shani-Saturn OM SRI SHANAISHWARAYA NAMAHA [Ohm Shree Shahn-eish-chahr-eye-yah Nahm-ah-ha]
Rahu-North Node OM SRI RAHUVE NAMAHA [Ohm Shree Rah-hoo-vey Nahm-ah-ha]
Ketu-South Node OM SRI KETUVE NAMAHA [Ohm Shree Key-too-vey Nahm-ah-ha]

All of these can be done without SRI sound.

http://www.yogicastrology.com/articles/yoga/mantras.shtml

Ultimately, mantras should be used for more important endeavors such as self-exploration / self-understanding and spiritual growth rather than material pursuits.

Last edited:

Larxene

Thank you for the response, Cap.

Yeah, I am aware that the practice is based on Vedic astrology. I'd be interested in hearing what kind of tangible results you experienced with the mantras.

Larxene Xenohart

katydid

I am not familiar with the technique but very interested. My question about the charities is this:

Do I honor and pay in ritual form, a planet which is currently challenging me? Like a malefic placement or transit that concerns me? I have a transit on my Mars now, for example. Would I pay homage to a planet I felt was threatening?

Or do I choose the beneficial aspects/placements and do a ritual in their honor to strengthen that?

Cap

I'd be interested in hearing what kind of tangible results you experienced with the mantras.

For example, partially due to my genetic inheritance and partially because I did a lot of reading as a teenager, I had myopia (I was short sighted). Even according to my natal chart I should have a bad eyesight. Working with one form of Sun mantra removed the problem completely and today I have a perfect vision. So, nothing is written in stone - everything can be changed.

In times of financial turmoil Lakshmi (Venus) mantra provided much needed break, out of the blue.

Also, Yoga practice (and mantra is a form of Yoga) gives numerous other benefits such as health. After a regular high school medical check-up, I never visited a doctor again (for 25 years).

My main focus with mantras was spiritual. I had numerous mystical experiences but I guess they don't count here - they are not tangible. :bandit:

I am not familiar with the technique but very interested. My question about the charities is this:

Do I honor and pay in ritual form, a planet which is currently challenging me? Like a malefic placement or transit that concerns me? I have a transit on my Mars now, for example. Would I pay homage to a planet I felt was threatening?

Or do I choose the beneficial aspects/placements and do a ritual in their honor to strengthen that?

I'm not sure if you're asking about western or eastern approach.

Larxene

@Cap:

Interesting. Thanks for the feedback. This is, of course, bordering on the other side of astrology and fate, that of magick (Thelema, etc). We do have things like electional/horary branches to help us make decisions. So perhaps fate is not like a one-way road, but is rather more like a tree branch.

@katydid

You choose which star you want to appease according to your natal chart. Planetary charity is usually done to reduce the malefic effects of a star. For Christopher Warnock, it's an alternative to talismans, for when the planets are not well-placed.

The conditions for determining whether you should do some charity or not can be found here: http://www.renaissanceastrology.com/astrologicaltalismanchoose.html#C

So basically, you would like to do a charity for a natal planet that is

1. In Detriment or in Fall, or
2. Combust/Under the rays, or
3. Retrograde in motion.

Of course, you can also give alms to a well-placed planet.

The important thing is to make sure you follow the instructions.

Larxene Xenohart

Cap

@Cap: Interesting. Thanks for the feedback. This is, of course, bordering on the other side of astrology and fate, that of magick (Thelema, etc). We do have things like electional/horary branches to help us make decisions. So perhaps fate is not like a one-way road, but is rather more like a tree branch.

There is no such thing as magick. There is only physics that we don't understand yet.

This stuff goes back at least 10,000 years before Crowley and his ramblings.

IMO, there is no such thing as fate. Belief in fate is usually the excuse to sit back and do nothing when things are not right. The reality is emergent. It is the movie in the making rather than the movie that's been already made and we're at some point of it. There are certain laws that govern the process of emerging and we can observe them through astrology, among other techniques.

JUPITERASC

There is no such thing as magick.
There is only physics that we don't understand yet.

This stuff goes back at least 10,000 years before Crowley and his ramblings.

IMO, there is no such thing as fate.
Belief in fate is usually the excuse to sit back and do nothing when things are not right.
The reality is emergent.
It is the movie in the making rather than the movie that's been already made and we're at some point of it.

There are certain laws that govern the process of emerging
and we can observe them

through astrology,

among other techniques.
The law of cause and effect makes no exceptions :smile:

IF one sows the seeds of fruit that is sweet then the results will be accordingly sweet

IF one sows the seeds of fruit that is sour then the results will be accordingly sour

IF one sows the seeds of fruit that is hot then the results will be accordingly hot

david starling

Interesting fruit metaphor. With orange trees, the pros test them daily, because there are some days when the oranges are sweet, and some when they're not. Same trees, same oranges, but different sugar content. If not sweet enough one day, they'll postpone the harvest. Lots of sweetness fluctuation. Like some people!

JUPITERASC

Interesting fruit metaphor.

With orange trees, the pros test them daily,
because there are some days when the oranges are sweet,
and some when they're not.
Same trees, same oranges, but different sugar content.
If not sweet enough one day, they'll postpone the harvest.
Interesting comment.
Clearly
same trees, same oranges have different sugar content on different days THATS WHY THEY POSTPHONE THE HARVEST

i.e.
the oranges are not ripe
that's why they are not sweet

i.e. not all orange trees ripen in unison :smile:
thus the metaphor holds

Lots of sweetness fluctuation.
Like some people!
With the particular example you chose of oranges
the oranges are not sweet until they are ripe
Like some people

david starling

Actually, the oranges are ripe; they're just sweeter on some days than others. Not sweet enough one day, even though ripe. Has to do with weather conditions during the harvest. Even a few hours can make the difference in sugar content. Your metaphor holds, because it's still a fairly small Nutation. Even a relatively sweet lemon won't be as sweet as a relatively "not sweet enough today" orange. Of course, we haven't factored in the GMO mayhem, which could lead to some very uneven, unexpected results.

JUPITERASC

Actually, the oranges are ripe;

they're just sweeter on some days than others.
As each day passes
a ripe orange
can only ripen
:smile:
Once sweet an orange remains sweet

Not sweet enough one day, even though ripe.
IF orange is not sweet enough one day,
then
not ripe

Has to do with weather conditions during the harvest.
Even a few hours can make the difference in sugar content.
Also has to do with
which particular orange is chosen for 'testing'
i.e.
a sweeter orange on that tree was not 'tested' :smile:

also
dependent on which particular tree is chosen for 'testing'
of many hundreds - if not thousands - of trees presumably

JUPITERASC

Your metaphor holds, because it's still a fairly small Nutation.
Even a relatively sweet lemon won't be as sweet as a relatively "not sweet enough today" orange.

Of course, we haven't factored in the GMO mayhem,
which could lead to some very uneven, unexpected results

Quite :smile:
'factoring that in' then

GMO-oranges-may-soon-contain-pig-genes.jpg

64183_292875500843322_6145604_n.jpg

farming-before-and-after-monsanto_zps9cc463ac.jpg

david starling

Still waiting for the "froganges" or "oranogs"! They tap the trunks of the trees for the current sugar content of sap, not individual oranges. I am a believer in Cause and Effect, but when the causes are complex, with some causal factors as yet unknown to the Science of the era, the effect can appear to be "supernatural", or "magical".

JUPITERASC

Still waiting for the "froganges" or "oranogs"!
Sweet and sour frogs and pigs would require 'tapping' and/or 'checking' presumably :smile:

They tap the trunks of the trees for the current sugar content of sap,
not individual oranges.
Dependent on numerous variables, not an exact science
I am a believer in Cause and Effect,
No need to 'be a believer in Cause and Effect'
simply observe

but when the causes are complex,
with some causal factors as yet unknown to the Science of the era,
the effect can appear to be "supernatural", or "magical".
"A belief in the supernatural and/or magic" is a personal opinion
based on individual perspective

24-nan-nhan-cua-chinh-minh.jpeg

Z

david starling

Yes, personally, I'd like to know why and how things happen. And, how they're going to keep those froranges from hopping off the fruit-stand. Beautiful illustration of the Law of Unintended Consequences, BTW!

Last edited:

david starling

But some consequences are foreseeable, whereas others are not. Consequently, one can never be absolutely certain about what Effect one is Causing. For example, the Fossile Fuel industry denies it's causing damage to the Environment (even as it blows the tops off ancient mountains). Since we can't be 100% certain Fracking increases the likely-hood of earthquakes, they claim the benefit of the doubt.