Your Attraction Profile: Who You Attract And Why

ssyx2005

Hi all, i saw this interesting post on Sassstrology website below:

http://sasstrology.com/2010/11/your-attraction-profile-who-you-attract-and-why.html

It fascinates me how the significant houses describe our attraction profile...
But some parts are still quite complicated to a junior like me... therfore i really do need some help pls...:sideways:

What You Do When You’re Attracted to Someone:

My 2nd house is in cap and its ruler saturn is in cap as well which means i am somewhat ‘passive’ in courtships rite???

You’re My Type: Who You View as Your “Ideal” Partner
My 7th house is in Gemini and its ruler mercury is in virgo which means my ideal partner must be a mental rapport??

PLS correct me if i m wrong….

THE MOST INTERESTING PART: You Again: Who You Attract Instinctively

My 8th house is in cancer and its ruler moon is in aries; so will i attract some one with strong cancer/aries energies

You’re my Soul Mate: Your Ultimate Other

My 12th house is scorpio and its ruler pluto/ mars is in virgo(for mars)
does it means my soul mate is somewhat passionate person???

in case u need my chart below....

Attachments

• astro_2ast_01_rita_soh.31321.24179.jpg
    astro_2ast_01_rita_soh.31321.24179.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 60

bittermoon

Thanks for that link. That was quite an interesting read, and actually quite true for myself.

As for your 2nd house with its ruler Saturn in Cappie, I'd interpret that as you trying to impress the object of your affection with your maturity and being practical. If this is true for you, I wonder how that plays out with your Saggie Ascendant (the 'mask' you wear), which tends to be more light-hearted and goofy.

Regarding your 7th house, yes it seems like you'd definitely be attracted to someone who provides you with lots of mental stimulation, someone intellectual and perhaps neurotic. But you also have Jupiter there which could indicate a foreign partner or someone from a different background than yours.

As for your 8th house in Cancer, this suggests a nurturing type but with the Moon in Aries, not exactly the passive kind. Aries is a lot of raw energy. A passionate, caring type with a good dose of creativity and a love for children?

Lastly, your 12th house in Scorpio with its ruler in Scorpio. Your soulmate wouldn't be 'somewhat' passionate, he'd be a lot passionate! Someone who is able to completely transform you.

This is my interpretation of your chart; might be totally off for all I know :)

gemini59

This is a really cool interpretation but not so sure about it actually. And curious about what they do with intercepted signs.

So my 2nd house is ruled by Taurus..key words, determined, practical, persistent, focus on safety.? So I try to attract with my practical down to earth approach..hmm I do tend to go for the nature look:unsure: Venus, its ruler, in Leo...pride, loyal, self-important, drama?:andy: It is joined by mars and Uranus and it is at the midpoint of sun/moon with semisquares to each. thus there is a flavor of aggression? and unexpected affairs? with tension in male female relationships? and squares Neptune....rose colored glasses...Hmmm...interesting.

Since venus rules the 7th again we have a repeat? there is the north node there.

8th house ruled by scorpio...with pluto in the Virgo..intense men I meet via work? now that might be true particularly as Pluto trines saturn and opposes chiron...men older then me with authority or some restrictive intense personality....but this person...this intense attraction does not add up to partnership...but I was involved with some one that sort of fits that and it was a long 14 year affair...hmmm

12th house is ruled by Aquarius...ruler in the 5th again....Pisces is intercepted and found in the 7th ....in scorpio....? hmmm so my soul mate? will be ...compassionate? (pisces) independent (Aquarius) though intense...maybe ...but neptune and aquarius have that venus/mars connection in Leo..

I will have to think about this but I really love how it connects the dots...great find ssyx2005

gemini59

What I want to know is how to break the 'pattern'....? all these dark affairs and unpleasant ends...that would be a nice exploration of the chart...

Veronica

I think she forgot to mention the IC... which is basically the lowest part of the chart and heart of it... Someone's planets there cause really deep reactions @ least on my personal experience.

bittermoon

My 2nd house is in Taurus, too and don't think I'm trying to impress the object of my affection in a very Taurean way, either. Reserved, practical and calm aren't exactly words I'd use to describe myself in any way *insert hysterical laughter here*

However, the stuff about the 7th and 8th house does resonate with me. 7th house cusp in Virgo; Pluto, Moon and Uranus in the 7th. 7th house ruler, Mercury in Cancer in the 5th. 8th house in Scorpio with Jupiter and Neptune in it. I do tend to be attracted to analytical - though at times neurotic - intellectual, unusual, foreign, creative, obsessive men with a lot of water in their charts.

Either way, I enjoyed reading the article and thought it was interesting to find something in it that held some truth for me. Also the part of the 7th house and projection was interesting. Not quite sure whether that's a curse or a blessing, though :unsure:

ssyx2005

As for your 2nd house with its ruler Saturn in Cappie, I'd interpret that as you trying to impress the object of your affection with your maturity and being practical. If this is true for you, I wonder how that plays out with your Saggie Ascendant (the 'mask' you wear), which tends to be more light-hearted and goofy.

Regarding your 7th house, yes it seems like you'd definitely be attracted to someone who provides you with lots of mental stimulation, someone intellectual and perhaps neurotic. But you also have Jupiter there which could indicate a foreign partner or someone from a different background than yours.

As for your 8th house in Cancer, this suggests a nurturing type but with the Moon in Aries, not exactly the passive kind. Aries is a lot of raw energy. A passionate, caring type with a good dose of creativity and a love for children?

Lastly, your 12th house in Scorpio with its ruler in Scorpio. Your soulmate wouldn't be 'somewhat' passionate, he'd be a lot passionate! Someone who is able to completely transform you.

Thank you so much bittermoon for yr interpretations... i really appreciate it!! :smile:

indeed yr interpretations are very true! i am actually like to show to ppl tat i m mature most of the time and if i am comfortable with that person my sag side will show which is light hearted and goofy...

And very true i am really attracted to ppl who has the essence of a gemini...

and thanks for figuring out this for me:
I didnt know i will attract someone who is passionate and caring... guess if i meet this person i will be attracted to him as well... :tongue:

stillatlarge

Your Attraction Profile: Who You Attract And Why

November 2, 2010 By Nadia Gilchrist

Think about your love life. Notice any patterns? The way you act around someone you’re attracted to. The type of person you’re attracted to. The type of person that always seems to be attracted to you. Put it all together and you have an attraction profile.
Can you see this profile by looking at your natal chart? You bet. Read on to discover how an astrological attraction profile works, and gain some insight into your (or someone else’s) love life.

[deleted overly long quote against forum rules - Moderator From: http://sasstrology.com/2010/11/your-attraction-profile-who-you-attract-and-why.html ]

Is this what they're talking about?
Houses (Plac.) Declination

Attachments

• natal anon.GIF
    natal anon.GIF
    61.2 KB · Views: 41
  • natal anon table.jpg
    natal anon table.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 36
Last edited by a moderator:

Claire19

The 2nd house deals with personal assets and income and your material values. It does not by itself deal with attraction issues.
Virgo tends towards a working partnership and one that is practical and
down to earth.

Claire19

I think she forgot to mention the IC... which is basically the lowest part of the chart and heart of it... Someone's planets there cause really deep reactions @ least on my personal experience.
Planets on the IC mean domestic and family issues. It can give a sense of familiarity and perhaps you were family members in the past.....It is our sense of security and nurturance.

Claire19

Thanks for that link. That was quite an interesting read, and actually quite true for myself.

This is my interpretation of your chart; might be totally off for all I know :)
I agree that a foreign person or met whilst in college or travelling is a possibility for a partner.. that the 7th is ruled by a dual sign and Mercury suggests someone younger, intelligent and nervy. Fussy and critical. ...and perhaps two major partners.

The 12th can mean karma from the past but as for soulmates, I dont know...they come in all guises and dont always stay around either... The 12th is our weaknesses and neuroses and old pains can surface with someone contacting your 12th house.... the 8th house some say indicates our soulmates.

Last edited:

queenfluff

My second house is Sag cusp - so I guess I whip out my Sag fire, which I have in my chart, when I am attracted to someone - which yeah, I guess I do. Weird never noticed that. Either that or I am too terrified to talk to him! Or I talk too much! Usually the latter. HAHA!

I have Taurus on my 7th house cusp so yes is one is probably close. I want that stablitity and a dependable partner that is earthy and practical. I have no tolerance for flighty partners. (that's a Scorpio Rising thing as well as a Virgo thing for me! )

Ok, I have Gemini on the 8th house cusp and I DO NOT LIKE GEMINI types. But I DO attract them - in fact, they are relationships of frustration I think this is because I am a Virgo so we debate each other to death! But yeah, they are attracted to me - for the wrong reasons. The only thing good between a Gemini and I might be that we make good debating team. I wonder if this might apply to a persons rising sign - I might attract Gemini Risings and not just Suns - or just people with alot of Gemini in their charts. But they ARE NOT who I want to attract. A relationship with a Gemini type for me is completely exhausting.

I have Scorpio 12th house cusp and yes, I do hit it off with Scorpios very well and feel pretty comfortable with them esp. as friends. I haven't dated very many seriously. Maybe that is in the future.

Someone on here looking at my chart told me a person with Taurus, Scorpio or Sag in their charts would be good for me - so article sounds kind of on track! Fun article! Definately wish those Gemini would quit bugging me though. :biggrin: (funny wait, how I am to get the "right" one if I attract the wrong ones ie Geminis? grrr...)

Thanks for posting!

Last edited:

queenfluff

So it's not the table, I still don't understand exactly what the "cusp" is?

The "cusp" is the first "line" of your house. The "pieces" (houses) are shaped like "pie pieces". It looks like your Asc is Cancer and your first house is mostly Leo with no planets. That next line (with the little 2 next it it) is the "cusp" (or beginning of your second house) which appears to land in Leo. So, Leo is your 2nd house cusp. Do the same for your other houses. The first "line" that starts the house is your "cusp" - whereever that line lands (on what sign) that is the cusp sign of that house (even if the house falls into two signs.

So to attract people you like, you probably use your "showiness" - since that is what Leos are like. Maybe you show off a little bit in front of the person you are attract too. :)

bittermoon

Well, the beauty of it all is that there is still such a thing as 'free will'. No need to date a Gemini because there's 'something' in your chart!

bittermoon

Well, we all know it isn't all that clear cut (and luckily it isn't). It's easy to say 'I'll stay away from Geminis/Cancers/Scorpios/Aries' or whatever sign if you've been burnt. The danger is that by the time you reach 40, you may have an entire zodiac burn-out and end up in a little shack with 7 manky cats.

dreamtimez

My Profile :

My 2nd house is in Scorpio and its ruler mars is in 12th house Leo. I never make the first move :sad:

My 7th house is in Mars and its ruler is Mars again ! Is my ideal partner a secret lover :devil: Well, my life is not an open book. Personally, I prefer active Mars like partners.

My 8th house is in Taurus and its ruler Venus is in Cancer. So I am supposed to attract people with strong Cancer/Taurus energies

My 12th house is Virgo and its ruler Mercury is in Virgo. I definitely get along with other Virgos :happy: