Clues in natal chart regarding action?

aystro

Im seeing so many people here on the forums with incredible potential based on their charts, but still they are just ' normal ' in their life. They live like an average person, not making any scientific discoveries or being a world known artist. So my question is, what makes people act upon their potential? Can this be seen in a chart or is astrology just a course of potential rather than reality. :alien:

aquarianmoon

Transits and progressions would have something to do with it. As the planets continue on their journey they activate various things in personal chart and offer the opportunities.

Your idea of potential seems to be a 10th house one since you are denoting average to be someone who is not making a splash in the public arena. Maybe someones true potential lies in their ability to foster close relationships and they help maintain a happy and functional family. I don't see this as a particularly average ability and yet you probably won't be hearing their name splashed on the news.

Maybe some details that others can shed light on.. :)

Last edited:

BobZemco

So my question is, what makes people act upon their potential?

Reality.

Potential has to be tempered with "means." Someone may have the potential to be a great doctor or merely just an average doctor, but without the financial resources and support, and the drive and motivation, and a few other factors, it will never happen. And if someone marries and starts a family while young, it's even likelier to not happen.

There's also Free Will to a great extent. Someone in control of their life (the majority of the Planets eastern) has a much better chance than someone who is at the mercy of others or at the mercy of happenstance or circumstance (the majority of Planets western).

As the other postor pointed out, transits and progressions also factor into it because potential can sometimes be nothing more than a "fleeting glimpse." The transiting or progressed Planets can sometimes throw up obstacles that can be difficult or impossible to overcome, or they can shut off "windows of opportunities," sometimes forever.

aystro

What you are saying is that everything does depend on astrology factors?

You mention financial support , starting a family , motivation, luck. Aren't these all of these governed by astrology? Even 'free will'. If a person has a negative aspect making him feel sad for a prolonged amount of time, then his free will is 'impaired' isn't it ? He will be less likely to devote time in something big because of that or even make progress because of the way he is feeling....

Basically our life is predestined to a large extent in that case:alien:

BobZemco

Basically our life is predestined to a large extent in that case

That's a distinct possibility, but I have seen where people do have at least some Free Will.

A chart can promise that someone will be a talented musician, but until they actually make the effort to learn how to play a musical instrument or how to write music, that will never happen.

aystro

I think my chart shows potential, but I might have to give it time before I try to be successful. Also it matters how someone interprets charts. Generally my chart appears as if I might pursue having my own business, but if you count chiron, then it hints at a career helping children. I'll post my chart.

I've had astrologers try to be realistic with my chart, such as by telling me that I might be too sensitive within my career, but I've heard a ridiculous comment also. An astrologer once told me that I won't know my career path until I'm 60, you know the general rule of not telling someone when they might die based on their chart? well I'd rather hear that then the comment she told me, lol.

You know if I wouldn't be stuck in life in any way I probably wouldn't have even found this site in the first place :lol:

I hear so many opposite things as well. It's extremely subjective. Even though I do believe that there is a technique that predicts things accurately. There are so many ways and different results. They just CANT be all right... :andy: And also with busy people they just use their intuition which they developed whilst being active in life. So they can apply it when they are having life problems. While others, like us ( lol ) just hang out here to find what magic might happen to them. I easily accept that, it's exactly what I'm doing, I'm delaying things, in hope that they turn better :lol:

BTW can you imagine Tom Cruise receiving an offer for a multi million dollar movie to which he would respond: " Hold on Spielberg, I gonna go ask my astrologer what he thinks about this, because you know... if he doesn't agree, then I can't really make this move now can I? "

( im expert on going off topic )