Why don't I feel like my rising sign?

9ine

Hey I been studying astrology for a few years now. I'm a Sagittarius Sun cancer moon and Leo Rising. I don't feel like a leo rising. I've had moments but none I would say is like leo at least not to the extreme. I've read on Scorpio rising and I fit everything in that description from looks to certain ques. But yet I have nothing in my natal chart at all pointing towards that. I had an app on an ipod once and put in my time and whatnot and date of birth. The ascendant came up Scorpio. I redid it like 8 or 10 times to make sure. It still came up Scorpio 15°. So my question is why? Why is it I feel like one. My whole life has been set out in ways that would give me that ascendant and whatnot and yet I'm not that ascendant. I relate so much with it and literally fit the physical description from not being too tall, hairy body. Penetrating eyes. I'm always told my eyes are penetrating and people tell me they feel like I'm piercing into their soul. So I don't know. I've searched and searched and searched. But yet nothing. Except that app on that ipod from years ago. I just want answers. I been on this for years. And I've literally become obsessed about it to the point where i will sit down all day and read and read and read about this ascendant sign. And yet I'm not. So yeah my bad I wrote too much. I just really had to get this off my chest. it's been bothering me for years. Ever since I first encountered astrology. So I need some help. Answers. Anything. Thank you.

Amit89

Fixed signs are not that tall and can have piercing eyes.

Your sun is in the 9th house and your moon is in your 12th house.

You may like to keep yourself to yourself and live in privacy. You could be sensitive and emotional.

It's not just the rising sign its also the sun, moon in their signs and houses.

I've got moon in the 8th house and I can look intense and slightly intimidating, despite a virgo ascendant.

Last edited:

9ine

Fixed signs are not that tall and can have piercing eyes.

Your sun is in the 9th house and your moon is in your 12th house.

You may like to keep yourself to yourself and live in privacy. You could be sensitive and emotional.

It's not just the rising sign its also the sun, moon in their signs and houses.

I've got moon in the 8th house and I can look intense and slightly intimidating, despite a virgo ascendant.

Yeah you're right. I recently just found out my moon in actually in 8th as well. And I have a pluto opposite my moon and a pluto square my ascendant with a few other aspects to pluto. Thank you though for that insight.

Ekonomist13

Yeah you're right. I recently just found out my moon in actually in 8th as well. And I have a pluto opposite my moon and a pluto square my ascendant with a few other aspects to pluto. Thank you though for that insight.

Well, how old are you?

People turn into their ascendants with time. It might be also that you have a Ketu/south node in your ascendant (which means Rahu/North node in 7th house). That would make you unsure about who you really are.

And your outside looks need more deeper insights than just asc/sun/moon analysis.

I'd like your DoB to check for some things, since I bet you're talking western astrology and I'm more into vedic as of right now.

waybread

Do you want to post your chart? If there is a planet in the first house, a planet aspecting your ascendant, or something unusual going on with your ascendant's planetary ruler that can change things. Does Pluto square your ascendant, for example?

The most legible free charts are at Astrodienst www.astro.com. From a cell phone, you can put your chart on something like imgur.com or tinypics, and send us the link.

conspiracy theorist

If you have a Leo rising and a Cancer Moon, how is it possible that Pluto is square your ascendant, yet opposite your moon? Would you like to post your chart?

9ine

Well, how old are you?

People turn into their ascendants with time. It might be also that you have a Ketu/south node in your ascendant (which means Rahu/North node in 7th house). That would make you unsure about who you really are.

And your outside looks need more deeper insights than just asc/sun/moon analysis.

I'd like your DoB to check for some things, since I bet you're talking western astrology and I'm more into vedic as of right now.

Yeah I'm still kinda new to this thing lol. My DoB is Decmeber 9th 1995 at 8:44 PM.

9ine

If you have a Leo rising and a Cancer Moon, how is it possible that Pluto is square your ascendant, yet opposite your moon? Would you like to post your chart?

Yeah my bad I realized I did a progressed chart by accident. I'm still fairly new to this stuff just been a few years I haven't really delved that deep I've went deep but not as deep as I could of. But I didn't mean to confuse you lol

9ine

Do you want to post your chart? If there is a planet in the first house, a planet aspecting your ascendant, or something unusual going on with your ascendant's planetary ruler that can change things. Does Pluto square your ascendant, for example?

The most legible free charts are at Astrodienst www.astro.com. From a cell phone, you can put your chart on something like imgur.com or tinypics, and send us the link.

Thanks. I'm gonna go ahead check it out now.