Why do I feel like I have lots of 12th house placements?

greybeard

OK. Lots of indicators for those themes.

Are all planets (excepting Sun & Moon) below the horizon Rx?
The native is a solitary creature, unable to form and maintain family bonds. Nurture, security deficient.

A heavily retrograde chart implies introversion with its sequelae (I couldn't think of a proper word, so I made this one up). Four or more Rx, with 5 or more a very strong introversion. [Check tables of frequency of retrogradation to see the logical basis for this].

How about "lord of the 12th powerful and prominent?", perhaps sole dispositor of the map? Etc.

An afflicted Moon might be a pointer, depending on the types of affliction. Water signs emphasized...

You look at all this and more, then try to tie it all into a neat package.

Jupiter and Neptune have natural 12th house energies. Are they involved in important stress formations?

Lots of stuff, plus certain aspects.

Your eloquence is stunning. Very impressed with your answer to my question.

helike13

The native is a solitary creature, unable to form and maintain family bonds. Nurture, security deficient.

I know myself and 2 other people with this placement.

1) 35yo female, Gemini Sun (H11), Cancer ASC, Taurus Moon. 6 Rx planets all below horizon. Above horizon everything is direct. She came from a religious (Lutheran) background. Got married at the age of 20 and her daughter is now 12 years old. She has a happy family life.

2) 38yo female, Taurus Sun, Virgo ASC. 5 Rx below horizon, above horizon all direct. Handicapped, never married, doesn't have any children.

3) and that's me.... 35yo male, Gemini Sun (H12), Cancer ASC, Cancer Moon conjunct ASC from H12 side. 6 Rx below horizon, above horizon all direct. Sun, Moon, Venus in H12. Never been in a loving relationship (Saturn H5), arranged marriage, no children. Probably I will die alone in some cave on the mountain or on a remote island after my 3rd Saturn Return. My H5 Saturn aspects everything in my chart except Pluto and Neptune.

or1000

OK. Lots of indicators for those themes.

A heavily retrograde chart implies introversion with its sequelae (I couldn't think of a proper word, so I made this one up). Four or more Rx, with 5 or more a very strong introversion. [Check tables of frequency of retrogradation to see the logical basis for this].

How about "lord of the 12th powerful and prominent?", perhaps sole dispositor of the map? Etc.

An afflicted Moon might be a pointer, depending on the types of affliction. Water signs emphasized...

You look at all this and more, then try to tie it all into a neat package.

Jupiter and Neptune have natural 12th house energies. Are they involved in important stress formations?

Lots of stuff, plus certain aspects.

Your eloquence is stunning. Very impressed with your answer to my question.

What you said about Jupiter/Neptune being natural 12th house energies did ring a bell, actually. I do have Neptune in my 4th house and Jupiter touches moon. Neptune rx. So it’s understandable in that sense. :)

greybeard

The chart is (represents) an organic whole, and the parts are read in the context of the whole.

The hand is not independent of the foot. The feet must be properly positioned for the hands to work effectively. The whole body is involved.