Can someone please help me with my chart? I feel lost.

astrology12345

Hey all, so basically I've been getting into astrology lately and my chart has been giving me A LOT of hassle. I'm going to give you some information on it and also post the chart.

So I have:

Saturn in the 1st house (capricorn ascendant), which I've read is bad.
Venus conjuncting Chiron in the 7th house (Cancer), both in the sign of Virgo.
Sun, Jupiter and Mercury in the 8th house (Virgo).
Also Pluto and Mars in the 9th house (Scorpio).

I have absolutely no idea how to read this chart, especially because there's several planets affecting them. Can someone please break this down for me and give me some information and advice on these aspects. I'd be very much appreciative. Also, any other information on my chart is greatly welcome.

This is my chart:
G75y6hS.png

greybeard

Begin with the most general and work toward the specific. This reveals the deeper traits which form the foundation on which the specific traits will function.

The pattern of distribution of the planets around the Earth at the time of birth reveals the pattern of personality. Of the 7 patterns usually classified, yours is the Bowl. One zodiacal hemisphere holds all the planets while the other is empty.

There is a thread describing some of the traits of the bowl personality, as well as the function of the cutting planet.

Venus is the cutting planet. She is in the sign of her Fall, only weakly aspected and without creative tensions, out of sect, rising before Sun. She rules the 9th and 4th, along with Jupiter and Mercury, from her natural house, the 7th. [Note also that Sun is unaspected, and is also in fall and intercepted in the 8th house.]

Venus is of first importance in understanding who you are. She operates in the context of the bowl.

Sticking with the most general, we see that all planets below the horizon are Rx, and all planets in the east are also Rx. This shows a general retrogradation pattern without regard for which particular planets are involved. This means that the energies of any planet in the chart will operate under the conditions implied in the rx patterns. There is a basic aloneness and excessive concern with the self and its interests.

Also among general indications, this chart features a negative preponderance of Fire. There is no Fire in the chart.

Both Ascendant and Midheaven are powerfully emphasized. Pluto stands on the MC, in exact square rx Saturn, lord of the horoscope. Neptune-Uranus stand above the Asc, and square Jupiter-Mercury on the 9th.

All three of these trans-Saturnian planets are said to be "generational, collective, transpersonal". Simply disregard these ideas. These 3 planets will operate on the most personal level. They are "angular" and will influence the life strongly; they are "accidentally dignified". Accidental means circumstantial, adventitious, experiential, differing from essential dignity which implies "inherent, innate, of the essence of..."

Last edited:

ashriia

If your chart is giving you "alot of hassle", perhaps take a break from studying it.

Saturn in the 1st house isn't inherently bad. If you feel a sense of restriction from it, you can relocate somewhere far from your birthplace. The energies will be changed-this would be your relocated birth chart, which can change ascendant signs and planetary placements---but will not change any of the aspects you were born with.

However the nice thing about having neptune conjunct the ascendant the way you do, is you can make people see what you want them to- and this can be used to your advantage in many different settings.

venus/chiron can show traumas in early homelife or in the family. Since venus rules your sun also--releasing and healing will be needed.

Also your sun is considered unaspected since there are no major aspects to it, so it is dominant. Good thing about that is since it is wild card, you can use that to your advantage also and be successful in the things you pursue.

greybeard

The unaspected Sun is of concern. (He beholds a 12° applying square to Neptune-Uranus on the Asc, so is he really without aspect? He is much weakened...in fall, intercepted in 8th).

While it may be that such a Sun is "a wild card, and dominant", it remains to be seen whether this unfettered power of will works more for good, or the contrary. It is possible that such a Sun shows difficulty in self-organization, self-direction, or having trouble getting in touch with the Self.

Last edited:

astrology12345

Thanks for the comments, is my chart quite bad then? I don't know what to make of my 9th house, 8th house and 7th house. Those are the main ones I'm stumped on...

I feel like my Venus is seriously affected by being in Virgo while conjuncting Chiron and both of them are in the 7th house. How would that play out?

I don't want to sound negative, I just feel like my chart is bad and even the Moon trine Pluto seems like a difficult aspect, despite it being a trine.

greybeard

I don't use Chiron.

You can see the complexity of reading a chart.

What if you have a "bad" chart? What are you going to do?

ashriia

I think 12 degrees is too wide personally. I stick to 10 and under especially in online readings. Exploring whether or not the native feels the hypothetical squares would also be time consuming and best done in person. Imo.
Agreed the sun does have issues by being unaspected but the sun is also unrestrained and can be beneficial as well.

The unaspected Sun is of concern. (He beholds a 12° applying square to Neptune-Uranus on the Asc, so is he really without aspect? He is much weakened...in fall, intercepted in 8th).

While it may be that such a Sun is "a wild card, and dominant", it remains to be seen whether this unfettered power of will works more for good, or the contrary. It is possible that such a Sun shows difficulty in self-organization, self-direction, or having trouble getting in touch with the Self.

astrology12345

If it's bad then there's nothing I can do, I'm just looking for interpretations on it so that I know what I should work and to learn more about my chart.

From what I understand having houses full of several planets changes the way they would work, the different aspects and some being malefics and benefics could affect the planets in the houses rather than them just being alone in the house, so I'm just a little confused.

If anyone has some time a full breakdown of my chart with trines, the planets and squares would be very much appreciated.

JUPITERASC

If it's bad then there's nothing I can do, I'm just looking for interpretations on it so that I know what I should work and to learn more about my chart.

From what I understand
having houses full of several planets
changes the way they would work, the different aspects
and some being malefics and benefics
could affect the planets in the houses
rather than them just being alone in the house
That is correct :smile:

and I note that

your natal chart
assuming the time is reliable
has three planets - Sun, Jupiter and Mercury in 10th Sign
so I'm just a little confused.

If anyone has some time a full breakdown of my chart with trines, the planets and squares would be very much appreciated.
astrology confuses many becaue there are multiple methodologies
many of which are contradictory :smile:
a confusing area for beginners is house location of planets
there is mess and confusion in the area of the so-called "houses"
because
there are at least twenty or thirty different house systems :smile:

or means of dividing the so-called "birthchart"
into twelve segments of life activity.
In astrology, houses, mansions, or domains
represent general areas of life activity
and are the grounding areas or arenas of expression for planets.
Originally, the words "houses" and "signs" were interchangeable
and so
a planet in the SIGN of Aries was also a planet in the HOUSE of Aries
so that in effect. there were no real houses as we know them today
HOWEVER
DUE TO THE MULTIPLICITY OF HOUSE SYSTEMS TODAY
the house location of a planet may change
DEPENDENT ON THE HOUSE SYSTEM CHOSEN

for example
For Whole Sign House system the ASCENDANT SIGN BECOMES THE WHOLE FIRST HOUSE
and the other houses follow.
so then For Whole Sign
the ASCENDANT POINT ITSELF can then fall anywhere in the first house
and
MIDHEAVEN POINT anywhere in the upper half of the chart.

Placidus is simply the default

to compare and contrast your Placidus default chart
with WHOLE SIGN HOUSES option

ASTROSEEK offers WHOLE SIGN HOUSES calculation
at https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/traditional-astrology

The Whole Sign House system was used by the ancient Greeks
and the Hindus (who still use it today).
It is the oldest and simplest house system in existence
and
immediately eliminates the awful mess astrologers have made on the issue
over the last 1300 years or so

Artificial divisions now known as houses
were attempts by early Greeks and Hindus to measure strength "points" in the horoscope
which during 7th and 8th centuriesAD were construed or confused
as means of dividing the birth chart.
The ascendant and midheaven degrees and their opposites, for example,
were definite power points or areas of intense focus
but not necessarily the beginnings of a house or quadrant.

previous discussion threads at :

WHOLE SIGNS http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=42163
WHOLE SIGN OR PLACIDUS http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=39669
Hey all, so basically I've been getting into astrology lately and my chart has been giving me A LOT of hassle. I'm going to give you some information on it and also post the chart.

So I have:

Saturn in the 1st house (capricorn ascendant), which I've read is bad.
Venus conjuncting Chiron in the 7th house (Cancer), both in the sign of Virgo.
Sun, Jupiter and Mercury in the 8th house (Virgo).
Also Pluto and Mars in the 9th house (Scorpio).

I have absolutely no idea how to read this chart, especially because there's several planets affecting them. Can someone please break this down for me and give me some information and advice on these aspects. I'd be very much appreciative.

Also, any other information on my chart is greatly welcome.
HOW TO PROCEED WHEN TWO OR MORE PLANETS OCCUPY A HOUSE

according to astrologer Morin https://www.forumonastrology.com/foa/newmain.html

When many planets occupy the same house, The most powerful action on the house significations
is from the house ruler
then, from the exaltation ruler
then from the planet with closest natural analogy with the house meanings.

When, among many planets occupying the same house,
some correspond by their analogy
to the meanings attached to the house,
whereas others are contrary to them
then

ascertain which of these two groups is the most powerful.
If the former, the affairs indicated will be achieved
if the latter, their realization will be impeded or prevented.
This is my chart:
G75y6hS.png