Was Leo always seen as a joke

I've hated Leos on the past and I'll admit it's one of my least favourite signs. But I have a close friend that lights up my world each time I'm with her with moon in Leo but she's deep too because she had moon opposite Pluto (I have moon in Taurus opposite pluto). So she is an extravert, generous (Leos are supposed to be) but also deep and insightful.

It's not that Leos are underrated, it's just that the astrological community is literally filled with water signs, occult 8th house, 12th house people and yes many scorps and plutonics that are condemned in society so they glorify their traits on here.

A water dominant person especially with a lot of Scorpio will always be stopped by anxiety, fear, paranoia, triggering of their trauma and paranormal beliefs. They will be deemed evil by some, mysterious by others, stupid for having superstitious beliefs, and useless for having as much fear and anxiety as they do. They will be the crazy ex girlfriend with who wasnt necessarily a 10 but oozed sex appeal so you had to **** her so now she's the troubled one because she can't get over you. This is why don't be jealous of the glorification that scorps get in this community.

Growing up I had another friend without pluto moon with a stellium in leo. She was always deemed more competent than me because she acted without hesitation, Centre of attention of everyone around her, assertive and vocal. I was anxious, careful, painfully shy and fragile looking and although we were the same age, people were ten times more likely to allow her to go out by herself than me. I'm predominantly earth and water with a libra asc.

And Leos are the king regardless of all the hype about scorps and they will remain to be the king of the zodiac.

Secondly I wanted to add is that vedic astrology hypes Leos up more and doesn't overrate Scorpio and 8th house as much as Western astrology much.

Vedic astrology from what I've seen likes sag, Pisces, cancer, Leo, and Taurus from what I've noticed.

I've noticed the amount of 8th house, 12th house, water dominant people who are into astrology. It's really funny in a way when you think about it. The eighth and twelfth houses are the "mysterious, sexy" houses lol. That's where the attraction is, 'cause humans like those traits (on paper at least -- it's more complicated in real life).

The19thLaw

In the Aquarian age, Leo is the opposite of what our current society's morals, ethos and values are. We want peace, equality, social justice, advancement of women, secular humanism and democracy - all are Aquarian traits opposite Leo's own about war, monarchy, male dominance, elitism, religion and privilege for a few, these were very common values in ancient civilizations. And the empowering "alpha" sun rules Leo vs. eccentric "beta" Uranus rules Aquarius.

I never got Leo being associated with war.