Will Accutane give me permanent health problems?

Osamenor

Staff member
Osamenor: I've actually tried the herbal thing, I went to one of those non-MD doctor's that work with herbs, the name is on the tip of my tongue but I forget what they're called, and use a flashlight to look into your eyes to see what's wrong, and I've done things like the liver cleanse, this "fungus" cleanse thing, all sorts of things. The last time I went was the year before last and I've tried it a total of 3 or 4 times. I've taken all sorts of herbal oral medicines as well as all sorts of teas and nasty drinks you mix up from these herbal powders. I've even drank teas that are supposedly great for balancing women's hormones. Nothing. I honestly feel like I've tried every logical suggestion and I hate that because of the Accutane--which also may not work and may just give me an illness instead of a cure.
Did you see a TCM (traditional Chinese medicine) practitioner? Or a naturopath?

There are many kinds of non-MD practitioners who work with herbs, and they can be very, very different from each other. To make matters even more confusing, they run the gamut from terrific to pure quack. Since there's no set licensing standards for a lot of the non-mainstream medicine fields, there's not always a good way to tell the real ones from the fakes. Acupuncturists and naturopaths have standards to meet, but in many cases, anyone can claim anything.

The right thing for you would probably be a mix of treatments: the right combination of herbs (which I can't give you because I'm not a qualified practitioner yet and I haven't seen you in person), and body work, and possibly dietary adjustments, all taken together. Maybe some good herbal face washes, too. It's not going to be just one thing alone, because this is so pervasive.

If the horary chart is giving positive indicators for the doctor, maybe she'll have ideas that we don't.

Pisces13

Banned
I just saw on a documentary that BPA is a major cause of PCOS.

BPA? I have PCOS and I was told that it's genetic--never did buy that though because neither my mom nor my many aunts have had PCOS. I always knew it was something about "today" versus when our grandparents were young when food was natural and pollution wasn't as bad as today. But I've no idea what BPS is, will you please tell me? That's interesting. I'd also appreciate a link or the name of that documentary.

Pisces13

Banned
Did you see a TCM (traditional Chinese medicine) practitioner? Or a naturopath?

There are many kinds of non-MD practitioners who work with herbs, and they can be very, very different from each other. To make matters even more confusing, they run the gamut from terrific to pure quack. Since there's no set licensing standards for a lot of the non-mainstream medicine fields, there's not always a good way to tell the real ones from the fakes. Acupuncturists and naturopaths have standards to meet, but in many cases, anyone can claim anything.

The right thing for you would probably be a mix of treatments: the right combination of herbs (which I can't give you because I'm not a qualified practitioner yet and I haven't seen you in person), and body work, and possibly dietary adjustments, all taken together. Maybe some good herbal face washes, too. It's not going to be just one thing alone, because this is so pervasive.

If the horary chart is giving positive indicators for the doctor, maybe she'll have ideas that we don't.

I've tried the natural way so many times that I honestly don't even believe in it--no offense, I respect the field and it certainly has things I like and I incorporate many "natural" habits in my life Because I know the benefits, but when even chemical stuff doesn't work, I don't think the more subtle stuff will either (especially considering how stubborn my skin problems are and the fact that I've went to different naturopaths before and the herbal way isn't anytning foreign to me).

Pisces13

Banned
There are a few major things that jump out to me in this chart.

Saturn is in a very powerful position , in terms of the midpoints.

Saturn= Mars/Jupiter [ a difficult birth ?]

Pluto=Saturn/Asc [Suffering through suppression, compulsory confinement, retention]

Pluto=Saturn/Chiron

Saturn holds a key position in terms of your physical health because it is exactly opposed your Ascendant, and Pluto squares that opposition, and Chiron conjuncts it. So that Saturn placement is made critical and difficult.

Mars/Jupiter midpoints on the Saturn as well. And it is part of a Fixed Cross. So it is a powerful configuration.

According to Ebertin:

Mars/jupiter = the activity of the organs, smooth muscular tissue, the heart muscle, [ the completed birth, the first cry]

So it seems that the activity of the organs have a very big influence here, as they seem to have a big impact upon the Saturn.

Also, the Sun/Pluto trine, which is a positive thing, has Uranus/Neptune in Cap, at the midpoint. But that Uranus/Neptune conjunction is part of the Mars/Jupiter grand Cross.

Hey, thanks for the analysis, I'll answer in order:

"Saturn= Mars/Jupiter [ a difficult birth ?]"

1) No I didn't have a difficult birth, my mom actually said it was easy (well, as easy as giving birth can be) and she didn't even feel the need to use any meds.

"Pluto=Saturn/Asc [Suffering through suppression, compulsory confinement, retention]"

2) Not really sure what this means. I guess I feel suppressed in terms of my life feels like it goes at a slower rate (as far as accomplishments) than my peers. Not sure about that compulsory confinement and retention though. I wouldn't say i feel trapped or anything, but I guess at times when I'm more stressed I do.

"Pluto=Saturn/Chiron

Saturn holds a key position in terms of your physical health because it is exactly opposed your Ascendant, and Pluto squares that opposition, and Chiron conjuncts it. So that Saturn placement is made critical and difficult."

3) No kidding! And I can't help but think that placement almost proves that if I were to take Accutane it would play a number on my health because I'm already ******* as far as that goes, I guess.

"Mars/Jupiter midpoints on the Saturn as well. And it is part of a Fixed Cross. So it is a powerful configuration. According to Ebertin:

Mars/jupiter = the activity of the organs, smooth muscular tissue, the heart muscle, [ the completed birth, the first cry]

So it seems that the activity of the organs have a very big influence here, as they seem to have a big impact upon the Saturn."

4) Mmm. Not sure what to say here other than I agree. The skin is the biggest organ and a huge problem for me.

"Also, the Sun/Pluto trine, which is a positive thing, has Uranus/Neptune in Cap, at the midpoint. But that Uranus/Neptune conjunction is part of the Mars/Jupiter grand Cross"

5) Since the birth chart is the blueprint, would this indicate skin will always be a problem area for me?

Thanks again, that was informative and interesting, katydid.

katydid

Hey, thanks for the analysis, I'll answer in order:

"Saturn= Mars/Jupiter [ a difficult birth ?]"

1) No I didn't have a difficult birth, my mom actually said it was easy (well, as easy as giving birth can be) and she didn't even feel the need to use any meds.

"Pluto=Saturn/Asc [Suffering through suppression, compulsory confinement, retention]"

2) Not really sure what this means. I guess I feel suppressed in terms of my life feels like it goes at a slower rate (as far as accomplishments) than my peers. Not sure about that compulsory confinement and retention though. I wouldn't say i feel trapped or anything, but I guess at times when I'm more stressed I do.

"Pluto=Saturn/Chiron

Saturn holds a key position in terms of your physical health because it is exactly opposed your Ascendant, and Pluto squares that opposition, and Chiron conjuncts it. So that Saturn placement is made critical and difficult."

3) No kidding! And I can't help but think that placement almost proves that if I were to take Accutane it would play a number on my health because I'm already ******* as far as that goes, I guess.

"Mars/Jupiter midpoints on the Saturn as well. And it is part of a Fixed Cross. So it is a powerful configuration. According to Ebertin:

So it seems that the activity of the organs have a very big influence here, as they seem to have a big impact upon the Saturn."

4) Mmm. Not sure what to say here other than I agree. The skin is the biggest organ and a huge problem for me.

"Also, the Sun/Pluto trine, which is a positive thing, has Uranus/Neptune in Cap, at the midpoint. But that Uranus/Neptune conjunction is part of the Mars/Jupiter grand Cross"

5) Since the birth chart is the blueprint, would this indicate skin will always be a problem area for me?

Thanks again, that was informative and interesting, katydid.

In terms of this:

I think the 'suffering through suppression ' might be the loneliness and feelings of a complete absence of a social life' that you have described.

As for the 'retention' and 'activity of the organs' :

I took that to mean that something internally is not being cleared out effectively by your organs. There is 'retention' of something which should be eliminated by your organs, is how I interpret it. I could be wrong...

Snakechammah

Reading through this makes me really sad, I know what you're going through.

Do try the Glycolic, herbal remedy, aloe vera and everything that was suggested. You'd never know if either of that could be your saving grace... but as Tik and Odd has mentioned, it certainly isn't Accutane.

I've been through the acne phrase for 20 years... it's only been recent that my skin has cleared enough that I can now go makeup free to the supermarket (!).

Mind you - in its heyday - mine was probably worse than yours. I still have scars from the back acne and the reason I NEVER wear tank tops, sleeveless or camis! Mine was cystic and all its cousins!

If you think acne is bad, trust me, fungal infection is worse! I've had pityrosporum folliculitis.... I also made a horary chart for that... I know how you feel! HUGS!!!

I wish you'll find your remedy soon.

Pisces13

Banned
In terms of this:

I think the 'suffering through suppression ' might be the loneliness and feelings of a complete absence of a social life' that you have described.

As for the 'retention' and 'activity of the organs' :

I took that to mean that something internally is not being cleared out effectively by your organs. There is 'retention' of something which should be eliminated by your organs, is how I interpret it. I could be wrong...

I think I must have been going through a weird transit, like really weird and not to mention emotionally and psychologically intense. That was a weird period for me because before that and after that (including now) I don't feel lonely or anything and I actually enjoy my independence. I have no problem socializing and getting along well with people, but I enjoy my independence and if anything am afraid to lose it. I do see what you're saying though. I have Saturn and Pluto opposing and squaring my ascendent, which I think makes people react to me in a suspicious and cautious way, like they look at me and simply wonder or get "a feeling."

I'm no way a bad person, my parents raised me well and I'm not mean or rude, but people perceive in a way that makes them question, "Is she good or not? I get strange vibes from her." It can be super frustrating only because it's a bit insulting to my actual character, but also at times I kind of like it, lol. It can come in handy. I think the Venus sextile ascendent helps smooth things over because I can be quite charming, but if I'm silent or something, people don't know how to perceive me (I can tell by the suspicious looks even though I look, dress, and am normal in terms of behavior/personality).

So I think that's how my saturn opposite ascendent plays itself out. That couple with pluto square ascendent. I guess I come off as intense and suspicious, and so lots of people are cautious or hesitant because they don't know what to think, so it's like, "She's seems nice and she seems polite, but I still get a weird vibe from her." So people are naturally slower to approach or trust me--and I'm the same way. I don't care how nice you come across, if I get a bad vibe from you, I'll listen to my instincts just in case, so it's understandable. But I myself don't feel "lonely" I'm super comfortable "by myself" (I do interact regularly with people, but generally nothing too much, I do have a best friend I can to about anything, I have my family, some aquitances I get along with, etc). I think my sun in the 8th house helps. So I really do think that that period of my life had a lot to do with rough transits or some karmic life lesson or something...I mean, I even had a tough time with my mom during that period, and we're otherwise very close and she's very supportive and self-sacrificing, but at that time I was so "weird" or unusual as far as my thinking pattern and behavior that we were just at odds almost all the time--and that's unlike us. I definitely don't have any personality disorder or anything, if that's how that came off, besides that period of my life, my family life is stable and normal and my "lack of social life" as I put it is partially my own choice, maybe even mostly. As far as relationships go, on the one hand I'm very picky (the standards are reasonable and respectable) but can't imagine losing my freedom, but on the other hand, if someone I actually like does come along, I won't shy away from it either. It's in God's hands, really, I have other priorities though.

I can see how saturn (teeth, bones, skin) opposing my ascendent which conjuncts chiron in the 12th does play a number on my appearance though. It makes sense. Rough aspect with my ascendent--chronic skin problems, conjunct chiron in the 12th house of self undoing (I do tend to dread doing anything like going out if the breakout is REALLY bad that month, which is understandable but not always fun).

As far as organ retention, I suppose it makes sense? I have PCOS and that has to with ovarian cysts. This could be over-reaching, but perhaps the ovaries are holding on to the eggs that are otherwise supposed to be released monthly...so there's the retention, I suppose. All that stuff is hormonal, which leads to the cystic acne. As a matter of fact, although all acne--cystic or otherwise--is hormonal, not all hormonal acne is due to PCOS. I wonder if Accutane would even help with women with PCOS. I'll have to ask my dermatologist, I didn't even think about that.

Last edited:

Pisces13

Banned
Reading through this makes me really sad, I know what you're going through.

Do try the Glycolic, herbal remedy, aloe vera and everything that was suggested. You'd never know if either of that could be your saving grace... but as Tik and Odd has mentioned, it certainly isn't Accutane.

I've been through the acne phrase for 20 years... it's only been recent that my skin has cleared enough that I can now go makeup free to the supermarket (!).

Mind you - in its heyday - mine was probably worse than yours. I still have scars from the back acne and the reason I NEVER wear tank tops, sleeveless or camis! Mine was cystic and all its cousins!

If you think acne is bad, trust me, fungal infection is worse! I've had pityrosporum folliculitis.... I also made a horary chart for that... I know how you feel! HUGS!!!

I wish you'll find your remedy soon.

Thanks, snakechammah *hugs*! That's nice of you, thank you for your thoughts and for sharing your own experiences. I'm sorry you had to go through that, it does sound like yours was a bit worse than mine--I only have it on my face and just under my jawline as of recently (like last two months, which is why I made an appointment with my doctor), I'm glad you got your relief!

I did try the aloe vera too, but it didn't help me. I also tried cinnamon and honey masks, but also to no avail. I even made masks with fresh lemon squeezed in them (other natural products I read were good for acne, and specifically cystic acne), but all it did was irritate my skin even though I diluted the lemon carefully. I think the reason why that kind of thing works for others but not for me is probably due to the fact that I have PCOS.

Strange though, because the symptoms of PCOS are supposed to be weaker and less intense the thinner the woman suffering from it is, and I've been very thin my whole life, and despite all the other symptoms being subtle, the cystic acne is by far more intense and persistent than I've ever seen on any other girl with PCOS. I've even been on boards where women with PCOS themselves were sharing their stories about how they keep their cystic acne breakouts at bay, I've tried all that stuff too, but it does nothing. I can't tell you how frustrating it is, but you understand, I'm sure. It's definitely not an easy thing to live with. I could handle it if it was a couple regular pimples every now and again, like during that time of the month, but cystic all over the face? For 10 years? And nothing helps? That's exactly why accutane is even on my mind right now, otherwise I'd never touch the stuff.

Tessie

Banned
I know you say you've tried veganism but many have had great success with the raw food diet in curing chronic disease (cancer, arthritis, diabetes, etc.), incl. PCOS. Tbh, it would make your acne worse perhaps initially, due to clearing out toxins, but it may kill both birds with one stone if you can persist.

Pisces13

Banned
I know you say you've tried veganism but many have had great success with the raw food diet in curing chronic disease (cancer, arthritis, diabetes, etc.), incl. PCOS. Tbh, it would make your acne worse perhaps initially, due to clearing out toxins, but it may kill both birds with one stone if you can persist.

I like the raw food diet for its other health benefits but it's doing nothing for my acne. As far as veganism goes (which if it was healthy no one would ever even go to the doctor and take medications for those terrible illnesses if cutting out animal products was all there was to it), like I said I tried it for about 6-7 months, if it didn't help at least by the 6th or 7th month, then it wasn't going to at all. As someone who suffers from severe acne, the last thing I want to do is something that makes it even worse than it already was to begin with for over 7 months because of some off chance that it might eventually start working. I always eat very healthy, I take care of my skin, I'm a very clean and hygienic person, plus I've tried a ton of medications and none of it has proven successful. Unfortunately I'm probably really going to have to go on accutane. Either have severe acne forever and ruin my youth until menopause or damage my health to whatever extent. It's really a "pick your poison" type situation. Thanks for the suggestions, though, I do appreciate it.

Tessie

Banned
No worries. If PCOS is the cause, I thought you could target that with the raw foods. Hopefully, it's not the cause, and Accutane will work its magic for you.

Kitchy

Banned
Such a huge toxic problem that can't be solved :crying:

Body boils and churns and spits out the bad
Landing on the precipice of self worth.
Should I eat this counter toxin or heal myself?
Thank you for your responses, but I am hopeless.
Maybe I will try colloidal silver....

Pisces13

Banned
No worries. If PCOS is the cause, I thought you could target that with the raw foods. Hopefully, it's not the cause, and Accutane will work its magic for you.

It may have worked for some, maybe even many, people, but it didn't really do anything for me. I doubt for a problem that has been persistant for 10 years and didn't respond to medication and proper diet that raw dieting alone will work (although like I said i did like it for many reasons). I really do appreciate all the suggestions, but like I said, I've tried pretty much everything suggested here including prescription treatments, and it just didn't work. Which is why they made accutane :/. But maybe despite the dreary horary chart, the odds will be in my favor. It isn't as if everyone who tried accutane will get gravely ill, and I certainly hope it doesn't happen to me. It's a legal product for a reason. I guess I'll see what the doctor says, and who knows, maybe she'll have some suggestions?

Last edited:

Pisces13

Banned
Such a huge toxic problem that can't be solved :crying:

Body boils and churns and spits out the bad
Landing on the precipice of self worth.
Should I eat this counter toxin or heal myself?
Thank you for your responses, but I am hopeless.
Maybe I will try colloidal silver....

Alright, sweetie, I'll break it down to you since three pages of conversation couldnt do it. If you get lost again, let me know.

*problem persistant for 10 years. Consistently.
*during said 10 years, I've had the opinions of not only three dermatologists, but also an endocrinologist (a hormone doctor) all of who have said "we don't know what else to give you besides trying accutane" because
-I've tried many oral medications--including but not limited to various antibiotics and multiple types of birth control I've stuck with for over a year each
-I've tried very many prescription topicals all of which failed to work (you see, when it isn't a bacterial problem, fixing what's outside is useless since it's an internal issue)
-I've had chemicals peels as well--done both at a dermatologists office and at a cosmetologists

*ive tried raw food dieting
*ive been a vegan for over 6 months
*ive tried many at-home remedies for the skin, all of which have been suggested here and they have failed

So not only have the natural ways not worked for me like they supposedly have for others, I've been going to doctors for 10 years and even they're out of ideas. Furthermore, I asked a horary question about accutane, the (much appreciated) suggestions came after and I simply have responded honestly, "tried that and it didn't work"--hence why I'm at the point of trying something as potentially bad as accutane in the first place, which was made specifically for people who prescription treatments (as well as others) have failed.

That said: the bad side effects of accutane are certainly there, but the risks are low for the really bad side effects (and it isn't as if the doctor won't check my blood and medical history to decide if it's worth the small risk in my case or not). It has worked well for plenty people, if the benefit didn't outweigh the risk then it would be illegal. Yes, the horary suggested it would be bad for me. That is concerning. In the end, I'll trust a medical professional more than anyone else anyway. Now had the horary suggested fatality, it'd be a different story. It wasn't the most reassuring horary, but it'd be naive to constantly rely on horary more than a medical professional--it would also be dangerous.

Confused?

tikana

girls and guys

we are looking at horary not medical reports.

L10 is the treatment

it is in sh*tty condition, therefore it is not going to work on the querent.