ADD in natal chart

muchacho

I was on it for a year and it helped and then I was taken off of it and my life spiraled out of control. I asked about the trines because I thought maybe it could mean something. Also, my birth time is correct. My dad was wearing a watch and he said he specifically wrote down the time so he could remember it for my baby scrapbook. I'm definitely a Cancer Ascendant!
Your focus is somehow only on why you have ADD instead of if you actually have ADD or why you could not have ADD (as your new doctor suggested). So, I think you've already made up your mind that you need medication and so you don't actually need our astrological advice anymore. Maybe that was your actual question, if you should ask for medication or not. I hope you've got some clarity now.

She means that people confuse ADD for ADHD. ADD is attention deficit disorder while AdHD is attention deficit HYPERACTIVITY disorder. ADHD is more pervasive in kids; it's the common type of ADHD most know about. It makes you hyperactive, unable to stop cutting people off in conversation, antsy and always on the go. ADD on the other hand is where you just can't focus in school, work and home or 2/3 settings. Some adults do have ADHD, but that is more common in kids, the ADD minus the hyperactivity part or and combo of both ADHD and ADD is more common in adults.
Still sounds about the same to me, like fiery/airy signs thrown into an earthy environment or measured with an earthy measuring stick. Of course they will look abnormal. Fiery signs like to start things, initiate things, they don't care about finishing what they have started. Similarly the airy signs, they like variety and they like to go fast because they are very alert by nature. If you force them to be quiet and sit on a chair all day long, that's absolutely counter-intuitive to their nature. Someone in another thread recently suggested that ADHD is a made up illness. It all depends how you look at it. If a Gemini judges a Gemini, then he won't diagnose him with ADHD. But if a Taurus diagnoses a Gemini, it's much more likely that he will diagnose him with ADHD. Point being, it's all highly subjective. Measuring everyone against the same standards is not such a good thing as astrology shows.

Last edited:

muchacho

A more pressing issue is Moon conjunct North Node that's a big thing as the nodes are based on the moon.

http://www.astrologykrs.com/Rahu-Moon-conjunction.html

He mentions an 'inability to focus on one thing'

Uranus could also cause a more mild form of ADD, it is supposed to be conjunct moon according to that chart.

I have Uranus opposite moon and I have some mild ADD.
I understand that kind of reasoning but I suggest we don't focus on one or two aspects only. We have to look at the chart as a whole and start with the basics, i.e. the elements. Sun in Taurus, earthy and fixed sign, ASC in Cancer, watery and cardinal sign, Moon in Capricorn, earthy and cardinal sign. That's the exact opposite of ADD. Even if we add Mercury (intellect) in Aries, fiery and cardinal sign, we don't get ADD with such a strong background of Sun (self) and Moon (mind) in earthy and fixed/cardinal signs.

Even if she has a fast intellect, her entire being, her metabolism and flow of life energy is earthy and therefore rather slow. Uranus aspects are not going to change her basic constitution. Uranus is in an earthy sign as well.

However, the OP's chart has been posted using tropical. Personally, I use sidereal. So maybe TT can post her chart again using sidereal, because then her Sun is in Aries and her Moon in Sagittarius, two fiery signs which will affect everything that has been said so far significantly.

I understand that kind of reasoning but I suggest we don't focus on one or two aspects only. We have to look at the chart as a whole and start with the basics, i.e. the elements. Sun in Taurus, earthy and fixed sign, ASC in Cancer, watery and cardinal sign, Moon in Capricorn, earthy and cardinal sign. That's the exact opposite of ADD. Even if we add Mercury (intellect) in Aries, fiery and cardinal sign, we don't get ADD with such a strong background of Sun (self) and Moon (mind) in earthy and fixed/cardinal signs.

Even if she has a fast intellect, her entire being, her metabolism and flow of life energy is earthy and therefore rather slow. Uranus aspects are not going to change her basic constitution. Uranus is in an earthy sign as well.

However, the OP's chart has been posted using tropical. Personally, I use sidereal. So maybe TT can post her chart again using sidereal, because then her Sun is in Aries and her Moon in Sagittarius, two fiery signs which will affect everything that has been said so far significantly.

I never use sidereal, but I could post it. Here is sidereal

ATykpPJ.jpg

Last edited:

muchacho

I guess Vedic confirms it, but Vedic is too difficult to understand, at least for me. It's confusing.
No, it's not vedic that confirms it, it's just that a different ayanamsa which is closer to the truth confirms it. I didn't do any vedic delineation there. The zodiacs are out of synch. Usually it doesn't really make a fundamental difference and I'm too lazy to recalculate every chart I comment on, but in some cases, you can get opposite results. Your chart is such a case. That's why it is important to always check it against your gut.

No, it's not vedic that confirms it, it's just that a different ayanamsa which is closer to the truth confirms it. I didn't do any vedic delineation there. The zodiacs are out of synch. Usually it doesn't really make a fundamental difference and I'm too lazy to recalculate every chart I comment on, but in some cases, you can get opposite results. Your chart is such a case. That's why it is important to always check it against your gut.

Hmm well I'm unfamiliar with what ayanamsa is and vedic in general.

graay ghost

I have similarly sun/moon/asc in earth and water cardinal/fixed and a firey mercury, only mine's in Leo. I also have the feeling of my brain working much, much faster than everything else, but no matter how uncomfortable it can be I seem to have little trouble functioning in the way someone with ADD wouldn't, so I think it would be hard to argue that I have ADD.

I mean regardless of whether you actually have ADD or not (and I'm not saying you don't), you're obviously having problems doing things. Does your psychiatrist at least think that there's something else afoot?

ZeeZ

Mars 19°52' Pisces, in House IX

"Indecisive, fickle, and confused character. One tends to pursue too many goals at the same time, and although not a single target is reached, one keeps on launching new undertakings. It is indispensable to focus on one sole objective and strive to fulfil it without being distracted by new fields of interest."

Chiron 3°36' Leo, in House II

"Patient, observant, and shrewd character endowed with a great capacity to wait for the good opportunity, no matter how long it takes."

Sun 2°50' Taurus, in House XI

"This degree often indicates that marriage is contracted with an older person for financial reasons."

Vesta 11°16' Я Virgo, in House III

"A wealthy man and woman, blindfolded, are led by Cupid. In their back, two thieves are about to rob them."

Last edited:
Mars 19°52' Pisces, in House IX

"Indecisive, fickle, and confused character. One tends to pursue too many goals at the same time, and although not a single target is reached, one keeps on launching new undertakings. It is indispensable to focus on one sole objective and strive to fulfil it without being distracted by new fields of interest."

Chiron 3°36' Leo, in House II

"Patient, observant, and shrewd character endowed with a great capacity to wait for the good opportunity, no matter how long it takes."

Sun 2°50' Taurus, in House XI

"This degree often indicates that marriage is contracted with an older person for financial reasons."

Vesta 11°16' Я Virgo, in House III

"A wealthy man and woman, blindfolded, are led by Cupid. In their back, two thieves are about to rob them."

The Vesta and Sun Sabian symbols are really the only two that have never identified with me. Seeing as many of thr guys I date are not well off by any stretch leads me to believe that this is incorrect. I haven't and will never go for a man because of his money. Also, those Sabians have nothing to do with ADHD so I don't really know why included them.

ZeeZ

i mentioned those just to show you, why it's probably not a good idea to take adderall with your birthchart and also what might not be powering you to handle work but other things instead