Meaning of Grand Trine, Grand Cross and Yod in my chart?

Francipants

Hi all, I'm struggling to understand these larger aspects in my chart, as it seems a lot of the information I find is very generic. Crosses are bad, trines are good and Yods are, um, destiny? I can't even find the meaning for a lot of these individual aspects, especially when they involve the MC, and I'm really curious as to what this means for my life.

First off, I have a Grand Trine between Venus/Pluto/Midheaven, if you count the MC as a placement. Venus in Cancer in the 1st, Pluto in Scorpio in the 5th, and Midheaven in Pisces in the 10th.

Then I have a Cardinal Grand Cross between Venus/Moon/Neptune/Mars. Venus in Cancer in the 1st, Moon in Libra in the 5th, Neptune in Capricorn in the 7th, and Mars in Aries in the 11th.

And finally I have a Yod with Mercury/Pluto/Mars. Mercury in Virgo in the 4rth, Pluto in Scorpio in the 5th, and Mars in Aries in the 11th.

I'd really appreciate any help you guys could give me on figuring out what these aspects mean. I know the basic meanings of the planets and the houses, but I'm still stumped with trying to figure out these aspects, especially with the GT/GC/Yod together. Is it common to have these three aspects appear together?

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

MissCubyA

Are you a very artistic person? Any interest in acting/theatre work? Ruler of 2nd (moon/means of earning an income) and 6th (pluto/work) is in 5th, ruler of 5th (venus) in 1st, and pisces on the MC with its co-ruler in 12th.

I think you"ll do well in 5th/12th house ruled careers like Acting, all
theatre occupations, musicians, movie stars, dancers,
ballerinas, painters, etc. Which is what your grand trine between Venus in 1st/
Pluto in 5th/Midheaven (career) suggests.

Last edited:

MissCubyA

As for the grand cross, the orb for the moon is quite wide :unsure:, though coincidently involves the planets of your grand trine Venus/Moon/Neptune (ruler of MC)/
Mars (co-ruler of 6th). Having them in a grand cross is what forces the talent of the grand trine to manifest, otherwise the easy flow of energy would go by unnoticed. The stress of the grand cross, vice versa, can be released through the smooth aspects one of the planets involved makes to another planet/angle in your chart, which in your case comes down to the grand trine.

Last edited:

Francipants

Oh, thank you! I've never thought of all that stuff with the ruling signs. It's interesting that the trine and cross sort of work together, utilizing the same planets.

Yes, I'm very, very interested in having an artistic career. My problem is that I have a natural affinity for a lot of things, and I'm afraid of becoming a "jack of all trades, master of none" if I don't commit to one thing. I'm mostly interested in pursuing acting and music though.

I'm also afraid of not becoming successful and/or being impractical with my career decisions, but I feel a lot better knowing my astrological chart is pushing me this way. =)

Do you think having Neptune sextile the MC is a good thing? I couldn't find much information online about the MC aspects. But I assume that's like a plus to the Grand Trine since Neptune rules the MC.

And is the Yod not significant? It's utilizing that Pluto (Grand Trine) and Mars (Grand Cross), but I couldn't find any info on it besides "finger of God" which sounded a little silly to me.

Thanks again for the info!

EDIT: Do you think there's any significance to Chiron conjunct Venus in the 1st house (since it's also aspecting Pluto and the MC)? I've tried searching for stuff on Chrion, but there wasn't much information. I guess since it was discovered recently. Sorry for all the q's!

Last edited: