A most unusual Scorpio

Naomi_Sadge

I am having the hardest time understanding this chart.

With such an emphasis on Scorpio planets, you would expect this person to be extremely private, deep and a shrewd business woman. The opposition from Saturn to the stellium would also emphasis the seriousness and focusness of the temperament. A bit of a loner too.

Well, not at all. This is the most theatrical Leo-esque person I know. No inhibitions or retraints whatsoever combined with a deep urge to please and be liked at all costs. Also the most free-spirited and generous, borderline irresponsible, individual. This to me does not make sense for such a Scorpio oriented chart. I have known her for several years now and I still haven't seen that mysterious/unpenetrable side to her.

Look no further than the Scorpio/Taurus interception or is there something else I am completely missing?

Thanks for looking at this.

Attachments

• M.gif
    M.gif
    72.1 KB · Views: 53

Peregrine_Moon

With such an emphasis on Scorpio planets, you would expect this person to be extremely private, deep and a shrewd business woman. The opposition from Saturn to the stellium would also emphasis the seriousness and focusness of the temperament. A bit of a loner too.

Well, not at all. This is the most theatrical Leo-esque person I know. No inhibitions or retraints whatsoever combined with a deep urge to please and be liked at all costs. Also the most free-spirited and generous, borderline irresponsible, individual. This to me does not make sense for such a Scorpio oriented chart. I have known her for several years now and I still haven't seen that mysterious/unpenetrable side to her.

Interesting, indeed!

With Scorpio so prominent, we have to remember that all is not as it seems, no matter what. Scorpio can be secretive and private without being introverted, and this chart seems to be one of those, I'd say. With that powerful stellium in the 10th house, she's all out there, in public, in her life and career. The Sun-Jupiter conjunction will give her a significant "larger than life" quality, too. We often think of Scorpio as obsessed with depth, with deep things, underlying issues, and so on. But it's also fascinated by the "higher" things that are not always recognized--overarching themes, connections, symbols and associations.

The Sun in Scorpio will have her relentlessly focused on knowing everything possible about whatever is going on but with the stellium so high in her chart, we can't expect her to have much of the dark, dour Scorpio self-presentation that some people find unsettling. Her strong watery emotions are balanced by a keen intellect (Mercury) that's completely in the service of her Sun. Meanwhile, the Sun's conjunction with Jupiter and Venus should give her a particular kind of beauty, the vanity that goes with it, but possibly some insecurity, there, too. (I think that conjunctions with Venus usually indicate anxiety of some kind because the desire to be pleasing and lovely in various ways inevitably conflicts with other expressions of the personality.)

This Leo-esque portrayal could also be her way of being self-protective, of keeping her limitations, inhibitions and self-doubt at home, with Saturn in the 4th house. Her Moon is exalted in Taurus, there, and absolutely determined to avoid unnecessary change whenever possible. She might have had a hard time deciding what she wants to do with her career or in public life, but should settle into something she enjoys in time.

All of this aside for a moment, I think that what's most important is that Uranus is conjunct Mars in the 9th house. Those two planets form what Noel Tyl calls a "peregrine island" by which he means that the only significant aspects they form are to each other. Because they're not strongly tied in to the rest of the chart, the aspect takes on considerably prominence of the kind he would say "threatens to run away with the chart." Uranus is the co-ruler of Aquarius and when in Libra, gives the individual a humanitarian zeal that's further energized by Mars which could account for your description of this woman as
the most free-spirited and generous, borderline irresponsible, individual.
Saturn is the co-ruler of Aquarius and probably keeps her from flying off in a purely Uraniun wild-child sort of way.

At least, that's what I think!

If I were working on this chart, I'd ask about this. And since her Moon is close to the IC, ask about her mother. A lot. Her mother probably has influenced her more strongly than anyone else in her life.

Zuri

Your friend's chart is actually very similar to my own, as most of her planet configurations and even house placements are like my own chart (except that I'm Capricorn Rising).

It would be interesting to see her planetary placements using the sidereal zodiac, which is different from the tropical zodiac that was used to construct her chart. I suspect that under the sidereal zodiac, we'd see significantly more fire emanating from her chart.

Since no birth data is on her chart, you may wish to go to Astro.com, and create a sidereal chart zodiac for your friend (also make sure to set it for "Whole Signs" format, instead of Placidus format that you used for her tropical zodiac chart) and see what that chart may reveal about your friend's personality....

For instance, I always thought I had Virgoesque qualities, but yet the only Virgo influence in my tropical zodiac/Placidus chart is Pluto in Virgo. So only 1 distant planet. However, under the sidereal zodiac (which Vedic astrologers in particular, and a minority of Western astrologers use), I have three planets in Virgo....including one of my personal planets. Something similar may be in action with your friend....

serafin5

I had a thought: Since Scorpios are well known for not wanting to expose who they really are, their motivations, sensitive natures, etc., I think what a wonderful "mask" to 'wear', right? Instead of coming off as really intense with smoldering passions she's all sunlight and warmth reminding one of other "unusual" Scorpio woman, Goldie Hawn and Julia Roberts. But I would bet my bottom dollar that if someone they love was threatened in any way you would see Scorpio come out in all of their glory!

I really love my Scorp Asc.!!!:smile::ninja:

S5

Naomi_Sadge

Thank you Peregrine Moon for such an insightful response.

I know her Mum, a very interesting woman who still lives in the 60s...
My friend's dad unexpectedly died when she was a baby leaving her Mum to raise her by herself so they have that really special bond and they would do anything for each other. They lived together (including my friend's husband and children) until 3 years ago when my friend bought the house next door. Definitely a Moon in 4th.

Everything else you said makes sense especially the Mars/Uranus bit. I forgot to mention but she is very unreliable and knows it... Forgets things, always late, doesn't keep promises. I know another couple of Mars/Uranus and they are both like that too.

How do you think the interceptions play out in this chart? I read somewhere that when a sign is intercepted in a chart, the way to unlock the energy of the intercepted sign is to approach things from the perspective of the sign that precedes, so Libra and Aries here. Not so sure about Aries but definitely some Libra tendencies here in the way she approaches situations. I got a very strong Libra vibe when I first met her.

Naomi_Sadge

Well, serafin5, I did think for a long time that it was all a mask but I have known her for a long time now and we've been in situations where the Scorpio should have come out and it didn't. I honestly feel more Scorpio than she is with my Sun-Pluto-Mars TSquare.

You are right though, if anyone harmed her kids or mum, she would hunt them down...

Peregrine_Moon

Everything else you said makes sense especially the Mars/Uranus bit. I forgot to mention but she is very unreliable and knows it... Forgets things, always late, doesn't keep promises. I know another couple of Mars/Uranus and they are both like that too.

How do you think the interceptions play out in this chart? I read somewhere that when a sign is intercepted in a chart, the way to unlock the energy of the intercepted sign is to approach things from the perspective of the sign that precedes, so Libra and Aries here. Not so sure about Aries but definitely some Libra tendencies here in the way she approaches situations. I got a very strong Libra vibe when I first met her.

Most of her planets are within a 62° arc. Bundles like this tend to be very self-absorbed because when anything happens to one planet, it quickly involves the rest. That sort of self-focus could be what makes her seem absent-minded.

As for intercepted signs, I don't pay much attention to them unless they're clearly delineated in houses that are significantly more than 30° wide. In Canada, many people have charts with houses that are well over 45° wide, but even then, it's often better to read the signs as co-signs and the rulers as co-rulers. It really depends on the chart and what's going on in it.

In your friend's chart, Scorpio is only intercepted by 23 minutes of Sagittarius on the eastern cusp. Neptune is conjunct the cusp and must be read in the 11th house as well as the 10th. And if her birth time is off by just 4-5 minutes, the house cusps will shift. If it's something you're really concerned about, you could try rectifying the chart. I'd check it for you, but not without the birth data.

It would be interesting to see what solar arcs and transits do to this chart.

Moog

You may wish to go to Astro.com, and create a sidereal chart zodiac for your friend (also make sure to set it for "Whole Signs" format, instead of Placidus format that you used for her tropical zodiac chart) and see what that chart may reveal about your friend's personality....

Good ideas.

Zuri, you can read a tropical chart sidereally by mentally moving the planets and angles approx 24 degrees clockwise. I do this so often, it's become second nature. You have to be careful about planets that fall near cusps though.

I would read this chart to have Venus, Jupiter, and the Sun all in Libra/10th.

Venus in Libra 10 is a powerful yoga, Malavya. Venus also rules the 5th, the leonine drama/theatre/politics house, and brings it to the 10th.

This is the most theatrical Leo-esque person I know. No inhibitions or retraints whatsoever combined with a deep urge to please and be liked at all costs.

Urge to please and be liked = Venus

The Sun is also in the 10th. While usually debilitated in Libra, the fact that Venus is there improves matters, and being in the 10th is a double strengthener.

Last edited:

Peregrine_Moon

Urge to please and be liked = Venus

The Sun is also in the 10th. While usually debilitated in Libra, the fact that Venus is there improves matters, and being in the 10th is a double strengthener.

Venus is in a curious position, now that I think of it. Venus is the highest planet, by position, in the chart, though not conjunct the MC. Venus rules Libra and the MC; Libra is on the cusp of the 10th house. But Venus is in detriment in Scorpio in the 10th. Meanwhile, Pluto in Virgo and Mercury in Scorpio are in mutual reception.

I'm getting dizzy! :andy: