Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Houses & cusps

Houses & cusps For discussions on houses and house cusps (i.e. planets on angles, house stelliums and so on)


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Unread 12-19-2010, 01:07 AM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 14,706
Re: Neptune in 1st house

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAustin View Post
You shouldn't take what I mean to say, that all fair people would have Neptune. The person I know (1H Nep) is abnormally pale and comes from a mixed background. Maybe I should clarify that I mean "fairer than the norm", not to mean only pale-white skin but for example a person in a hispanic family coming out with lighter skin than their siblings. Also adding to say that Neptune could be a source of that peculiarity ..

R.a...
I understand this, Ray. But in my family's case, the answer to your question is negative.

We have to ask how lighter skinned family members with Neptune in the first house could even happen. One in twelve human beings will have Neptune in the first house, or something like half a billion people. Pignmentation in the skin can be affected by non-genetic factors, but genetics would have to be the main one. So you really cannot get lighter-skinned (than "typical" for the family) unless one or both parents' ancestry would indicate. For millions of people, it wouldn't indicate.


Last edited by waybread; 12-19-2010 at 01:10 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Unread 12-19-2010, 08:53 AM
Elina's Avatar
Elina Elina is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Neptune
Posts: 28
Re: Neptune in 1st house

Hi Queenfluff,


Someone told me once that...when people don't appreciate me is because, maybe, I don't appreciate myself enough. This was true for me, even though when I heard that I had a defensive attitude .. "Who me? Of course I love and appreciate myself!"

Try to look deep inside and see if you really love yourself. Let's not forget that it is Neptune we are talking about and he may block our ability to perceive corectly ourselves. Otherwise ... why would we need confirmation or appreciation about something we do or say when we help someone if we were in peace with ourselves?

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenfluff View Post
I almost always feel like people don't appreciate me. It has always been that way. You too? I feel like you mentioned before, I tend to put others first before my own needs but no one ever seem to appreciate it nor go out of their way for me if I need it. I end up feeling used. Thereby, laterly, I have often been trying not to be as helpful as I used to be because I have to be careful of people using me or taking advantage of how helpful I am. I feel like I appreciate myself - just wish others would which is why I often feel invisible or people stay away from me and ignore me - and I am not imagining this either. Sigh.
Here is a picture of me, so you can have an idea of how I look like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenfluff View Post
For your chart, the aspects grid is cut off and I am not expert enough yet to read them all but I can tell your 1st house. You have Moon in 1st house like me! This is another "sensitive" placement (like we need any more of those, eh?). AND, as you already mentioned, conjunct Neptune! We both have that. I wonder if I would be less sensitive without the conjunct?

I see you have Uranus in your 1st house too but I can't tell if it is close enough to your ascendant to make a difference in your ascendants appearance. With a Uranus in your 1st house, I would imagine you to be very unique and original person by looks and personality. Maybe you have a very unique style - sort of rebellious or nonconformist. If it is conjunt your ascendant, your facial features might be very unique and distinct looking. Adding a flair to your Sag rising features.

I like Uranus myself - he is my kind of planet. I would think Uranus in the 1st House would make for some really unique people. Lady Gaga apparently has this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg elina.jpg (41.2 KB, 33 views)
__________________
Keep it simple

Last edited by Elina; 12-19-2010 at 09:00 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Elina For This Useful Post:
CosmicBlyss (07-30-2014)
  #28  
Unread 12-19-2010, 09:11 AM
Joseph Astrologer's Avatar
Joseph Astrologer Joseph Astrologer is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 77
Re: Neptune in 1st house

Hi Elina

It depends on what sign your Neptune is in?

- Generally speaking though (I too have Nep Sag in first house with Sag Ascendant), this planet can give you a dreamy appearance to others. Sometimes getting a strong sense of self can be slippery (but with your leo energy this will be made easier).

- I would say look to the sign the Neptune is in, and this will tell you where you will find the area/passion you can express your sense of self through. We learn about ourselves when we create and express.

- Listening and observing to both people and music are all therapy for this placement. You can have a healing energy on others without you even knowing it.

- A softness of body features, maybe hands, feet or skin could be a feature also. And lastly, needing to get away from it all, retreat and reflect on what it is you want and stand for, could also be a possibility with this placement.

Hope this helps
__________________
Modern Day Merlin
www.moderndaymerlin.com/about

__________________________________________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Unread 12-19-2010, 09:21 AM
dhundhun's Avatar
dhundhun dhundhun is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 1,457
Re: Neptune in 1st house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elina View Post
Hello,
I am curious to read your opinion about Neptune in 1st house.
I have it in my chart but I don't "feel" it completely or maybe I don't realize it's influence. Except the fact that I am quite idealistic and dreamy, I don't see how it may influence me.
The influence of Neptune is less (insignificant), because it is at an early degree of sign. However when progressed ASC reaches Neptune around 2014-15, you will be having Neptune influences significantly - specially day dreaming.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Unread 12-19-2010, 09:41 AM
Elina's Avatar
Elina Elina is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Neptune
Posts: 28
Re: Neptune in 1st house

Hi Joseph,

1. Yes, I am a day - dreamer and an idealistic person. Actually I have to say that I dream too much! And, yes, you are right about the " strong sense of self" thing

3. I love to observe people. But, I realised that observind too much the others I stop living my own life and star living their life.
I also love music.. I listen to music every day. Actually, I took some music classes a couple of years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Astrologer View Post
Hi Elina

It depends on what sign your Neptune is in?

1. Generally speaking though (I too have Nep Sag in first house with Sag Ascendant), this planet can give you a dreamy appearance to others. Sometimes getting a strong sense of self can be slippery (but with your leo energy this will be made easier).

2. I would say look to the sign the Neptune is in, and this will tell you where you will find the area/passion you can express your sense of self through. We learn about ourselves when we create and express.

3. Listening and observing to both people and music are all therapy for this placement. You can have a healing energy on others without you even knowing it.

4 A softness of body features, maybe hands, feet or skin could be a feature also. And lastly, needing to get away from it all, retreat and reflect on what it is you want and stand for, could also be a possibility with this placement.

Hope this helps

Dhundhun, I already feel Neptune's influence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhundhun View Post
The influence of Neptune is less (insignificant), because it is at an early degree of sign. However when progressed ASC reaches Neptune around 2014-15, you will be having Neptune influences significantly - specially day dreaming.
__________________
Keep it simple

Last edited by Elina; 12-19-2010 at 09:44 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Unread 12-19-2010, 09:55 AM
Caro's Avatar
Caro Caro is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: By the sea
Posts: 1,732
Re: Neptune in 1st house

I agree with the chameleon perception. I think this is a vision people have of you but is not necessarily who you are. marilyn monroe is a good example - seen as a beauty icon but inside what was going on......

I have been told I scare people (scorpio rising) ie I have a presence but also told Im very warm and compassionate. both these on someone first meeting me. how different can that be.

I forgot to write about boundaries understanding these is key to overcoming neptune tendancy to merge with others problems and live their life rather than your own.

I dont tend to like conflict(honest guv) but I have other planet placements that back that up. I am interested in what many percieve to be alternative studies hence being here but now I know when someone isnt going to be interested so I dont push it . in the past I have tried(but failed) to help people. as we know the person has to want to change.

neptune is very powerful but the key is to find the stillness in the ocean otherwise it can ovewhelm as with Marilyn.

I am pale skinned - there are some other posts about asc and appearance that are quite popular with posters.

Last edited by Caro; 12-19-2010 at 10:10 AM. Reason: added text
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Unread 12-19-2010, 01:38 PM
Oren Oren is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 108
Re: Neptune in 1st house

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
Greetings, fellow first house Neptunians!

Neptune in the first can make you a real shape-shifter. Neptune has a tendency to dissolve or erase what it touches, so in the first house, one's outer personality gets affected. Sometimes we try too hard to please people because we are so sensitized with this placement to what they want or expect from us.

Elina, your Neptune is pretty well aspected, so you can come across as very glamourous if you choose to do so (esapecially given your Leo nature); or very invisible if you wish to do that. With Uranus so close to your ascendant, you probably strike others as being unusual: if not in your appearance, at least in how you relate outwardly to other people.

One of the most famous women with Neptune in the first house was the actress Marilyn Monroe. If you can get hold of some of her old films as DVDs or on-line, you will get the picture!
hey way! I remember you mentioning this to me when I was trying to figure out my own identity confusion and this is definitely true. especially with regards to people's expectations, I definitely felt that neptunian effect with regards to my career, ie. what I expected of myself, vs. others expected of me...I think this has something to do though with my neptune being in capricorn in the first...
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Unread 12-19-2010, 02:02 PM
Oren Oren is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 108
Re: Neptune in 1st house

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenfluff View Post
I have Neptune in my 1st House too! It is in Scorpio and it is conjunct to my Ascendent. When you have a conjunct to your ascendant, it can effect your facial features. For me I noticed it give my intense Scorpio Rising eyes a slightly dreamy look so they look softer. It still doesn't keep my Scorpio Rising from scareing people away though! hehe!

Your description sounds familiar. It would be interesting to see your chart with your all your aspects. I have several aspects to my Neptune and what I usually read about Neptune in 1st is that they are sensitive, intuitive, imaginative, come off as mysterious to others (esp. for me with a Scorpio Rising!), a strong sixth sense or psychic. And I definatley feel it - I don't necessary like all of it, all of the time - I do like the sixth sense thing - I know I have that. I can often guess what people are going to say or do esp. when I am standing right in front of them. I like that - it is sort of cool.

I also have Moon conjunct to my Neptune and my Moon is in my First House - so my feeling and emotions are very visible because of Moon in 1st, more sensitivity, and combined with Neptune in the first - I guess I am very visibly, emotional but compassionate to others.

I am like the Moon conjunct Neptune descriptions that I read and not only do I feel it but I am sure others see it. I like the Moon conjunct Neptune because I think it shows a good person. Kind, sympathetic, compassionate, devoted, understanding. Yes, always helping others. I also have my sun in Virgo that is always wanting to help others (even if they don't appreciate it!) so that comes from there too. I think that goes well with the Moon Conjunct Neptune.

Moon Conjunct Nepturne people are supposed to really love music for an uplifting and healing aspect to it. I am like that - definatley can change my mood and be healing to me, never fails. Like it is part of my soul. Do you find you are like that?

My other positive major aspects to my Neptune in One are Sun Sextile to my Neptune which is supposed to be another aspect that is dreamy, emotional, sensitive etc.

I guess I like my Neptune in 1st, I have mostly good aspects to it (one square to Venus) - although I think it makes me too sensitive sometimes. Good thing I have a Virgo Sun that is a bit more steely backbone and some Fire in there for my Mars. Otherwise I might be too sensitive all the time!
I wish I had a neptune aspect to my ascendent
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Unread 12-19-2010, 02:17 PM
Inside Out Orange Inside Out Orange is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 906
Re: Neptune in 1st house

Like I say, Neptune is strong in my chart along with current transits opposing from Aquarius. It's just taken me about a year of thought to work out that my ex- was a Scorpio rising with Neptune in the 1st. I must have tried to work out her chart 100 times, often putting Libra on the ascendent and her moon in the 12th ... yet it's taken me all this time ... and probably this thread for me to get through my Neptune confusion and realise her chart. It now seems so obvious I can't believe I was missing it.

In terms of her Neptune let me try some things out on you, see if they resonate ... I'll try not to make this sound like a bitter rant ... (!)
- always willing to do what I wanted. When we split she said that she'd lost her identity.
- in support of the split, she said that I was unwilling to compromise or change - I honestly couldn't tell you an occasion when she'd asked for something from me. I don't really see how you can be expected to compromise if the other person isn't making any demands ...
- she'd always seemed happy, I didn't know there was anything making her feel unhappy between us.
- one of my friends said "To her credit she didn't try to change you" ...
- when we split it was all about compatability, there were no actual 'behavioural' issues. Most of those compatability issues were there to be seen from day one, nothing about me changed in that time.
- the kicker to that is that many months later, safely in a new relationship she came out with a long list of small incidents and things about me that had bothered her when we were together.
- when she was much younger she shared a house with another woman. One day she'd had enough of it (because the other woman was irritating her) so she just left without warning.
- her ex-husband was unfaithful to her. I don't know much about that.
- Her life's full of thinking about holidays, lunches, clothes, the finer things in life and eating in expensive restaurants. Dreams of a perfect lifestyle and one that in fairness she works hard to achieve.
- She didn't enjoy her job and even though she had a new plan she couldn't bring herself to get out there and do something new. Almost twenty years working for a large organisation (institution) as one of the staff; no management responsibility.
- she's one of life's victims. Nothing really bad just that her way of telling stories was that she was a victim. In her eyes, life happened to her, she never had the power to change anything. Everything that happened to her was the fault of others.

I'd say that some of that is relevant to my own Neptune experience. Not wanting to change others, but also not being happy with who they are. So rather than accept the issue or confront it and ask for the other person to change or adapt, just move on and see if there's an alternative that does work. Equally that has applied at work or in clubs I've been part.

In common with what some of you said before, I'm pretty certain she felt unappreciated. I don't think that was the case. I always made a big effort to be appreciative of her and to keep things fresh between us. Perhaps I just didn't do it in the terms she needed.

I also had a male Piscean friend who when he split up with his wife gave the reasons as "she had changed. She was only interested in clothes and makeup, didn't want to go and do active things like camping and trekking". When I spoke with his best man about it, he said that she had always been like that ...
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Unread 12-19-2010, 02:21 PM
Oren Oren is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 108
Re: Neptune in 1st house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
I have Neptune in the 1st trining Mercury, Venus and Saturn. It does square Mars and opposes my Moon. It's a heavily aspected planet, and it has manifested in my life I suppose by best describing it as being able to size one up fairly quickly and has given me pretty good intuition on things. I suppose though that it has given me the ability to be a social chameleon and to pick up on people's feelings and thoughts quite well.
I have neptune in 1st square moon, trine mercury and venus, and sextile pluto...I agree that it does the same for me as described above, but even if my hunches about people end up being accurate, they often get written off as paranoia, lol
Attached Images
File Type: gif astro-my chart.gif (50.7 KB, 4 views)
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Unread 12-19-2010, 03:12 PM
Oren Oren is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 108
Re: Neptune in 1st house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside Out Orange View Post
Like I say, Neptune is strong in my chart along with current transits opposing from Aquarius. It's just taken me about a year of thought to work out that my ex- was a Scorpio rising with Neptune in the 1st. I must have tried to work out her chart 100 times, often putting Libra on the ascendent and her moon in the 12th ... yet it's taken me all this time ... and probably this thread for me to get through my Neptune confusion and realise her chart. It now seems so obvious I can't believe I was missing it.

In terms of her Neptune let me try some things out on you, see if they resonate ... I'll try not to make this sound like a bitter rant ... (!)
- always willing to do what I wanted. When we split she said that she'd lost her identity.
- in support of the split, she said that I was unwilling to compromise or change - I honestly couldn't tell you an occasion when she'd asked for something from me. I don't really see how you can be expected to compromise if the other person isn't making any demands ...
- she'd always seemed happy, I didn't know there was anything making her feel unhappy between us.
- one of my friends said "To her credit she didn't try to change you" ...
- when we split it was all about compatability, there were no actual 'behavioural' issues. Most of those compatability issues were there to be seen from day one, nothing about me changed in that time.
- the kicker to that is that many months later, safely in a new relationship she came out with a long list of small incidents and things about me that had bothered her when we were together.
- when she was much younger she shared a house with another woman. One day she'd had enough of it (because the other woman was irritating her) so she just left without warning.
- her ex-husband was unfaithful to her. I don't know much about that.
- Her life's full of thinking about holidays, lunches, clothes, the finer things in life and eating in expensive restaurants. Dreams of a perfect lifestyle and one that in fairness she works hard to achieve.
- She didn't enjoy her job and even though she had a new plan she couldn't bring herself to get out there and do something new. Almost twenty years working for a large organisation (institution) as one of the staff; no management responsibility.
- she's one of life's victims. Nothing really bad just that her way of telling stories was that she was a victim. In her eyes, life happened to her, she never had the power to change anything. Everything that happened to her was the fault of others.

I'd say that some of that is relevant to my own Neptune experience. Not wanting to change others, but also not being happy with who they are. So rather than accept the issue or confront it and ask for the other person to change or adapt, just move on and see if there's an alternative that does work. Equally that has applied at work or in clubs I've been part.

In common with what some of you said before, I'm pretty certain she felt unappreciated. I don't think that was the case. I always made a big effort to be appreciative of her and to keep things fresh between us. Perhaps I just didn't do it in the terms she needed.

I also had a male Piscean friend who when he split up with his wife gave the reasons as "she had changed. She was only interested in clothes and makeup, didn't want to go and do active things like camping and trekking". When I spoke with his best man about it, he said that she had always been like that ...
I was just about to respond to your previous post about being "people pleasers" and "self-sufferers" because of how strongly that resonated with me, before this showed up, lol...

- yes, I'll always do what the other person wants to do...when she says she lost her identity after you split, I think it's because, for me at least, I try to maintain the ideal my partner has of me...ie. if they fell for me because I was a certain way when we met, I might stay that way throughout the relationship at the expense of how I might really be...for the purpose of keeping the relationship happy...so, for me I think, neptune dissolves my identity a bit with each new relationship, for good or bad...

- but this then relates to your last point, about moving on to others rather than trying to change someone...after further reflection, I'm realizing not only does that apply to how I approached my career/life paths considering again my neptune being in cap, but based on your post, how I dealt with people in general. This is literally how I've dealth with friends, relationships...it's like always having a new mask to put on for each social situation, each different group of friends, or new relationship, or new career, and always trying new masks until you think you find the right one, until you meet someone else or another group who's ideal of you you want to try to mold yourself into...AS OPPOSE to being or staying one way as a person

- as for the "I'm a victim" mentality, I dunno, I think for me, I've always been self-deprecating, so it's hard for me to point blame at anything but myself, let alone another person, - this probably having to do with my neptune also being retrograde. plus, I've just always found that "I'm a victim" mentality to be really unappealing in a person in general. but the underlying function is the same...an escapist attitude to dealing with our inadequacies as oppose to a confronting attitude...
Attached Images
File Type: gif astro-my chart.gif (50.7 KB, 3 views)
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Unread 12-19-2010, 04:26 PM
Caro's Avatar
Caro Caro is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: By the sea
Posts: 1,732
Re: Neptune in 1st house

IOU an Oren

sorry to burst the bubble , I am considerate of others but I really do live life to the beat of my own drum. Im quite strong willed. an aqua sun. (although I appreciate IOu your ex was one also) I appreciate the need to compromise but I like balance in a friendship. a number of friends say like horror films I dont like them so I aint going to go along and see them.

I made my sagi partner(now ex) trek with me into the himalayas - he moaned all the way. I would not have done it with anyone else - he later said to me it was the best thing he has ever done in his life. he has neptune in sagi in first house much close to asc than mine. we are still friends by the way. not sure how we got onto trekking here.

I dont like fancy restaurants - must be something to do with her venus I would thing and perhaps ceres. I prefer rustic and homebaked food. In fact give me dal and rice morning noon and night with some veggies and I would be happy.

I would say there are other things backing up the neptune in first house for your ex to comply with your wishes so much.

I work with a couple of leos- they are atypical. I like them they are very kind but quite ego orientated. They are selfful amazingly unaware of others around them. nothing wrong in that. but there has to be some room if you want to share you life with someone. I recognise that stubborn nature in myself too.which is probably why Im single. I would have to compromise to be in a relationships and some charts/signs do this better than others.

its sounds like this lady has had quite an impact on you.

neptune has been considered by some to rule my chart(cos of all the pisces) but I think uranus has a very strong influence and pluto at the top of my kite formation.

Last edited by Caro; 12-19-2010 at 06:28 PM. Reason: updated text
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Unread 12-19-2010, 06:08 PM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 14,706
Re: Neptune in 1st house

One more thing I might mention for first house Neptunians, is to look at the planet ruling your rising sign. It might be the same as your Neptune sign, or it might be different.

I don't know how many of you work with house cusp rulers but it really made a big difference to my ability to read charts. So, for example, if you have Neptune in Sagittarius and Sagittarius rising, what is happening to Jupiter by its house and aspects? If you have Neptune in Scopio in the first but Libra rising, then take a look at Venus by house and aspects. If these are stressed, you might see Neptune's less wonderful attributes; but if well aspected, you might be able to bring Neptune's inspirational quality to the arts or spirituality.

Then also, look at any aspects that Neptune makes to other planets. (Recalling that Neptune sextile Pluto is a generational aspect.)

I have Neptune square Jupiter and sesqui-square Mars, which seems to be a typical "bite off more than I can chew" aspect. I am generally happy to please people (Neptune in the first), but sometimes this means I believe I can do more (Jupiter's optimism, Mars's energy) than I actually can (or wish to) deliver (tension of the square). For example, this past year, I took on a leadership role in a local non-profit society. I worked hard at it (square) and actually we accomplished a fair bit, but I was thrilled to hand over the reins to someone else at the end of the year, because I just felt like I was knocking myself out (square) to do the work.

The planetary ruler of my rising sign (Mercury) has one positive and one stressful aspect in the 5th house, and I do think I have a vivid, creative imagination (Neptune<>Mercury.)
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Unread 12-19-2010, 07:26 PM
Inside Out Orange Inside Out Orange is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 906
Re: Neptune in 1st house

Hi Caro ... thanks for your reply and thoughts. You're right we are generalising . As we always say charts have to be ready in their entirety, but certain aspects can lead to certain conclusions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caro View Post
sorry to burst the bubble , I am considerate of others but I really do live life to the beat of my own drum. Im quite strong willed. an aqua sun. (although I appreciate IOu your ex was one also) I appreciate the need to compromise but I like balance in a friendship. a number of friends say like horror films I dont like them so I aint going to go along and see them.
Does your Neptune have strong aspects to it that would allow you to put yourself forward? You do say later that your chart is more Uranus ruled. I always believe that the negative manifestations of planets or aspects is about their maturity. Perhaps you have learned to overcome this in your neptune.

My ex was an Aries ... six things placed there ... sun, venus, mercury, saturn, north node, chiron. I would never have believed that someone with that much Aries could be so quiet and lacking in ego. Saturn obviously calms things down.

But she has Libra moon (opposed by saturn) ... which backs up the not offending people aspect. And mars in Taurus ... about the only aspect for that is a 9+ degree trine to Pluto ... I guess both are personal planets so that wide orb is valid.

[quote]I made my sagi partner(now ex) trek with me into the himalayas - he moaned all the way. I would not have done it with anyone else - he later said to me it was the best thing he has ever done in his life. he has neptune in sagi in first house much close to asc than mine. [/qupte]

Quote:
we are still friends by the way.
We're not, or at least she doesn't want to be friends with me.

Quote:
not sure how we got onto trekking here.
Must be a neptunian diversion ...

Quote:
I dont like fancy restaurants - must be something to do with her venus I would thing and perhaps ceres.
Sorry ... I wasn't suggesting that is a consequence of neptune in the first. As you say it's probably her venus that's in the 5th as well as that Libra moon, Taurus mars. My point was that it's her dream and she'll spend all day thinking about those things ...

Quote:
I would say there are other things backing up the neptune in first house for your ex to comply with your wishes so much.
Agreed. Libra moon being a part of it.

Quote:
I work with a couple of leos- they are atypical. I like them they are very kind but quite ego orientated. They are selfful amazingly unaware of others around them. nothing wrong in that. but there has to be some room if you want to share you life with someone. I recognise that stubborn nature in myself too.which is probably why Im single. I would have to compromise to be in a relationships and some charts/signs do this better than others.
I don't have much water in my chart so I don't pick up on stuff unless I'm specifically looking for it. So yes, I would fit your definition of a leo there.

If people tell me that they want some thing I am more than willing to try and give them it, usually to my own detriment. I find it hard to give an outright no, and will usually look for a compromise. Probably my neptune square in action right there.

Quote:
its sounds like this lady has had quite an impact on you.
Yep ... from the first day I saw her in 1994. But we didn't date until last year and I won't hijack the thread any further than to say, I guess that's the trouble with a relationship that starts with tr-Neptune opp nat-Venus ... it just suckers you in there believing that it was meant to be ... and now realising the prominence of her neptune I understand it much better.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Unread 12-19-2010, 07:27 PM
Oren Oren is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 108
Re: Neptune in 1st house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillcoil View Post
Neptune in the first house is one of my favorite placements, I wish I had it. its nice to have Neptune influencing your appearance.

Although I've seen several beautiful people with this placement, I don't like Marilyn Monroe's appearance. I think she's overrated, bland and typical. There are other celebrities with Neptune in the first house who I prefer, maybe its just because of her quotes and the hype.
it only affects appearance though if it's aspected right? otherwise, not so much? or what was your take on that?

monroe bland? man, I dunno, lol, but maybe it was the fact she always seemed slightly medicated that made her seem alluring?
who are the others?
Attached Images
File Type: gif astro-my chart.gif (50.7 KB, 6 views)
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Unread 12-19-2010, 07:38 PM
Oren Oren is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 108
Re: Neptune in 1st house

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
One more thing I might mention for first house Neptunians, is to look at the planet ruling your rising sign. It might be the same as your Neptune sign, or it might be different.

I don't know how many of you work with house cusp rulers but it really made a big difference to my ability to read charts. So, for example, if you have Neptune in Sagittarius and Sagittarius rising, what is happening to Jupiter by its house and aspects? If you have Neptune in Scopio in the first but Libra rising, then take a look at Venus by house and aspects. If these are stressed, you might see Neptune's less wonderful attributes; but if well aspected, you might be able to bring Neptune's inspirational quality to the arts or spirituality.

Then also, look at any aspects that Neptune makes to other planets. (Recalling that Neptune sextile Pluto is a generational aspect.)

I have Neptune square Jupiter and sesqui-square Mars, which seems to be a typical "bite off more than I can chew" aspect. I am generally happy to please people (Neptune in the first), but sometimes this means I believe I can do more (Jupiter's optimism, Mars's energy) than I actually can (or wish to) deliver (tension of the square). For example, this past year, I took on a leadership role in a local non-profit society. I worked hard at it (square) and actually we accomplished a fair bit, but I was thrilled to hand over the reins to someone else at the end of the year, because I just felt like I was knocking myself out (square) to do the work.

The planetary ruler of my rising sign (Mercury) has one positive and one stressful aspect in the 5th house, and I do think I have a vivid, creative imagination (Neptune<>Mercury.)
I have neptune in cap in the first, sag rising; jupiter in cap in house 1
sun opp saturn
venus opp saturn
mars conj saturn
jupiter sextile saturn
- definitely see neptune's less wonderful attributes

then I have:
moon sq. neptune
mercury trine neptune
venus trine neptune
neptune sextile pluto
- these seem better. I've read at one point at least what each aspect means individually, but I'm not sure how to guage whether or not the good outweighs the bad overall...
Attached Images
File Type: gif astro-my chart.gif (50.7 KB, 2 views)
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Unread 12-19-2010, 10:16 PM
queenfluff's Avatar
queenfluff queenfluff is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mercury
Posts: 571
Re: Neptune in 1st house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elina View Post
Hi Queenfluff,


Someone told me once that...when people don't appreciate me is because, maybe, I don't appreciate myself enough. This was true for me, even though when I heard that I had a defensive attitude .. "Who me? Of course I love and appreciate myself!"

Try to look deep inside and see if you really love yourself. Let's not forget that it is Neptune we are talking about and he may block our ability to perceive corectly ourselves. Otherwise ... why would we need confirmation or appreciation about something we do or say when we help someone if we were in peace with ourselves?



Here is a picture of me, so you can have an idea of how I look like.
Hi Elina!

Pretty picture! To me, your eyes look more intense to me than dreamy. You don't have Neptune conjunct to your Asc as I can remember from your chart (although the aspects grid would confirm that if you can reload your chart with the grid). You have Uranus conjunct to ASC. This would be different than Neptune. Here is my pic. You can see the dreaminess in my eyes even though I am a Scorpio Rising. You are a Sag Rising so that makes a difference too. As I get older, my eyes have taken on a rounder shape as they were a bit more cat like before. I see the Neptune more than I did previously - that Scorpio Rising is still there though (can't tell as much in that pic - but my stare is intense).

But we both have the Neptune conjunct Moon and Moon is 1st so that is the same but my Neptune is in Scorpio and yours in Capricorn -will be difference there as far as how ones Neptune is projected. My Moon is in Sag and yours in Cap (I believe it was -don't have your chart up) - so differences there too.

Honestly I really do appreciate myself - it is just that others often don't understand me, therefore, can't always appreciate what i have to offer or give to them. This is a Scorpio Rising problem. I am hard to read and everything is extremes. My Virgo Sun can add to the problem too - Virgo is the sign of service so I have even a MORE helpful personality and would have it without the Neptune in one. Virgos can often feel that their help goes without thanks - such is the bane of a Virgo.

On astro.com, they have a free personal aspects report - it explains some of those major aspects. It is really interesting. My Scorpio Rising has some strong effects on my chart. I realy vibe with them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 005.jpg (17.9 KB, 15 views)
__________________
Virgo Sun, Scorpio Rising, Moon and Mars in Sagittarius, Venus in Leo.
"Mysterious, giggly, romantic perfectionist"
My Natal Chart: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...pictureid=2406
My Extended Natal with Juno, Lilith and Part of Fortune: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...pictureid=3149
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Unread 12-19-2010, 10:19 PM
queenfluff's Avatar
queenfluff queenfluff is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mercury
Posts: 571
Re: Neptune in 1st house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oren View Post
I wish I had a neptune aspect to my ascendent
Nah, you don't Oren. It can be a pain in the bee-hind. Too moody and emotional sometimes. Crazy with a Scorpio rising which is all extremes.
__________________
Virgo Sun, Scorpio Rising, Moon and Mars in Sagittarius, Venus in Leo.
"Mysterious, giggly, romantic perfectionist"
My Natal Chart: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...pictureid=2406
My Extended Natal with Juno, Lilith and Part of Fortune: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...pictureid=3149
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Unread 12-20-2010, 06:42 AM
Inside Out Orange Inside Out Orange is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 906
Re: Neptune in 1st house

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenfluff View Post
Honestly I really do appreciate myself - it is just that others often don't understand me, therefore, can't always appreciate what i have to offer or give to them. This is a Scorpio Rising problem. I am hard to read and everything is extremes. My Virgo Sun can add to the problem too - Virgo is the sign of service so I have even a MORE helpful personality and would have it without the Neptune in one. Virgos can often feel that their help goes without thanks - such is the bane of a Virgo.
The Pisces/Neptune personality is reflective. It generally takes its self-worth from what other people tell it. Therefore to be appreciated they people please; and generally that gets good results. The battle is therefore for these types to develop their own personality and self-worth.

It's about giving the right help at the right time. If I reply to your post correcting the spelling and grammar, my Virgo mercury thinks it's being helpful; but you probably wouldn't receive it as help.

My guess is that Pisces/Neptune types can rush in with the wrong sort of help and consequently not feel appreciated. Generally I'd guess that's emotional-based sympathy rather than any solid practical support or advice.

For example, if your partner is busy preparing for a family gathering for 20, they are probably looking for practical support and help - an extra pair of hands. The Piscean/Neptunian might think the way to help is to go and entertain the guests, to keep the sociable atmosphere going. When they get told at the end of the night that they haven't been any help they can take it personally and feel unappreciated.

Just my twopenneth based on what I've learned about helping over the years ...
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Inside Out Orange For This Useful Post:
CosmicBlyss (07-31-2014)
  #45  
Unread 12-20-2010, 10:43 AM
Caro's Avatar
Caro Caro is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: By the sea
Posts: 1,732
Re: Neptune in 1st house

Queen Fluff

Queen fluff – I have heard we are more like our moon sign when a child I have moon in pisces in 4th…..there was also a lot I wanted to escape from in my home life. Do you have planets in the 3rd house – not sure if this is primary school . my 3rd is cap but nothing there. I always past the exams that counted though.

Daydreaming is unfocused but if you can meditate – you could be on to something.

Yep I do have good intuition with the Neptune I think good of people and have been taken advantage of. A guy I went out with had a lot emotional problems a sun pisces – I really tried to help him but as you know the person has to want to change. Also friends as well but people can end up resenting you for it…

Actually I don’t offer to help anymore……………

To be honest it is still something I have to work with if I ever do go into practice as therapist I have to be aware of this. Cos it is a job too and you have to look after numero uno.

It is a balance and hard when Neptune in a water sign – to find the stillness. And come from that point but to keep your boundaries in place too..

Do all you first house neptunes rate photos above painting – I love looking at photography don’t really get paintings.

also the film the avatar -that really appealed to me.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Unread 12-20-2010, 10:46 AM
Caro's Avatar
Caro Caro is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: By the sea
Posts: 1,732
Re: Neptune in 1st house

IOO
Yes – I accept I float a lot with my comments. Im also merc in pisces.

it is the Pluto/uranus conj in virgo in 10th that makes me a bit tougher.(waybread pointed to this its sextile Neptune)

Also aqua sun is fairly stubborn (its square neptune) – I recognise that. Neptune is also part of grand trine(well kite formation)

Im glad you weren’t offended by my description of a leo – your majesty!

Im more aware of the uranus expression of energy as an aqua sun. it kicks my b**t even when in diffuse energy of pisces. As I have done more self exploration I have become aware of Neptune and its potential…..rather than the general negative way it is often interpreted. ( have always been aware of Saturn) I have also had neptune transit to sun recently cant get away from it…..help . ha ha.

It was an aries guy who turned my life around. Cant print what I think about him. He also I think viewed me through the neptunain lens which is not who I am. He did me a favour actually as I think I was really drifting when I met him(all my water) and also a bit self defeating.

He made me look at life differently. However he really broke my heart and was I think on of a number of reasons why I got ill. What love does eh….

Your post was a bit like a rant – I think you need to get this off your chest but in appropriate way. But hey Im not going to rush in an help I guess you will work that out. That is what us water types do we see and help the more grounded types do. We all have a place.

Now I am really going off topic………………….

To get back on topic Neptune in sagi would be a nice placing for this planet and in the first lovely jubbly.. My ex had this and it defo drew people to him. Guys and girls! He loved the girls bit! Ha ha.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Unread 12-20-2010, 04:31 PM
Inside Out Orange Inside Out Orange is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 906
Re: Neptune in 1st house

This thread is giving me a lot of food for thought. In my experience Neptune is definitely very sit back and take what life throws at you. To be selected rather than put yourself forward.

There was a major turning point in my life around 1995/96. Prior to then, I very much had this Neptunian way of life, although (probably due to other parts of my chart) I had a lot of rage and anger about it. I wouldn't say I felt life was against me, but I didn't feel like I had any control over it. Things happened to me, I was one of life's victims.

Then Pluto transitted Neptune by conjunction and I changed. I read a ton of self-help books and I learned about being assertive and taking control of the things that you can control. I learned about personal power.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Inside Out Orange For This Useful Post:
CosmicBlyss (07-31-2014)
  #48  
Unread 12-20-2010, 06:47 PM
scorpittarian's Avatar
scorpittarian scorpittarian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 240
Re: Neptune in 1st house

I have neptune in the 12th conj ascendant.

till pre-teens, i was very shy & would avoid the audience. i neva got a chance nor made any attempt 2 take up an initiative 2 prove my talents. i always underestimated myself(i believed i had no talent) & would sit in one corner away from everyone coz i thought they wouldn't appreciate me.

i had a few friends...cnt really say a few...till the 4th grade, i hd only one friend. when i came 2 5th, things changed. i started interacting with guys.....6th- my group expanded. this time it was 6-7 of us.....

in grade 8, i & people around me began noticing my chameleon-like nature. at one point of time, i was a SAINT !!!!! my classmates & teachers would wonder how a person could b sooooo good.....after a few months, i got bored of it all & felt the world never leaves any opportunity 2 exploit resources(goodness)

grade 9- i became a ***** . i wanted 2 be one!!!!coz it all seemed soo cool back then + i hd anorexia.

grade 10 - i gained promotion! from b**** to s***....began experimentn. bunking school, urge 2 experiment with sex, really *lu**ish.....reputation DROPPED!

i ws very much self-contained n in2 my own group...

11th was revolutionary!!!!!!!donno what hit my head tht i became soo outgoing, friendly, carefree( i was a nerd till grade 10) n UNIQUE.....people started knowing me n liking me. i started making more n more friends....like i talk 2 everyone n anyone....i bcm confident abt myself, my talents n skills...like woah...all of a sudden!n i mk friends so easily.....i've them all over the place.

12th ws the same - during ths year, popularity just broke in2 my house(notoriety 4 running an online newspaper abt my school tht exposes people).

- i'm very absent-minded, fickle n indecisive!!!!!lk once i was looking 4 my glasses everywhere when i actually had them on!!!!

- i'm generally happy but i'm moody.

- i'm not a girly girl(people say it's a guy's soul inside me)..

-i am kinda sensitive(not as much as normally girls r )bt i hide it(virgo moon)...u cn ask my pillow..i cried a glass of salty water while watching king-kong.

- i love nature!!!!!!!!!!!n i respect all living forms(vegetarian n while walking i avoid stepping on ants....)

-i'm a procrastinator!!!!!!!i've an exam day afta, hvnt studied a word yet i'm onln(10 chapters 2 go!)

-i love animals n muzic!!!!!i listen 2 it day n night.....

- i'm a day-dreamer....(once i dreamt of being barbecued on mercury. thus gaining world wide fame)

-i always dream of prince charming. ....i hd my eyes on prince charles but kate came in between i even did our synastry!!!!!!!!!!! currently, i'm concentrating on bill gates son.

- i don't have much of an ego.

- i'm very forgiving n rarely take things to heart.

- i love nurturing my partner ONLY!

-i've a habit of taking on other people's habits..

- n i need "me" time on a regular basis.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Unread 12-20-2010, 09:26 PM
Elina's Avatar
Elina Elina is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Neptune
Posts: 28
Re: Neptune in 1st house

Hi Queenfluff,

Thank you! You look nice too! Yes, you are right. There is a dreaminess in your eyes but it gives you a sweet appearance.

I uploaded again my chart with the grid. Yes, there is a difference between Moon in Sag and Moon in Capricorn. Probably my Moon in Capricorn helps me not be so dreamy all the time... but.. I don't know how much this helps me because I dream a lot!


Quote:
Originally Posted by queenfluff View Post
Hi Elina!

Pretty picture! To me, your eyes look more intense to me than dreamy. You don't have Neptune conjunct to your Asc as I can remember from your chart (although the aspects grid would confirm that if you can reload your chart with the grid). You have Uranus conjunct to ASC. This would be different than Neptune. Here is my pic. You can see the dreaminess in my eyes even though I am a Scorpio Rising. You are a Sag Rising so that makes a difference too. As I get older, my eyes have taken on a rounder shape as they were a bit more cat like before. I see the Neptune more than I did previously - that Scorpio Rising is still there though (can't tell as much in that pic - but my stare is intense).

But we both have the Neptune conjunct Moon and Moon is 1st so that is the same but my Neptune is in Scorpio and yours in Capricorn -will be difference there as far as how ones Neptune is projected. My Moon is in Sag and yours in Cap (I believe it was -don't have your chart up) - so differences there too.

Honestly I really do appreciate myself - it is just that others often don't understand me, therefore, can't always appreciate what i have to offer or give to them. This is a Scorpio Rising problem. I am hard to read and everything is extremes. My Virgo Sun can add to the problem too - Virgo is the sign of service so I have even a MORE helpful personality and would have it without the Neptune in one. Virgos can often feel that their help goes without thanks - such is the bane of a Virgo.

On astro.com, they have a free personal aspects report - it explains some of those major aspects. It is really interesting. My Scorpio Rising has some strong effects on my chart. I realy vibe with them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg astro_2gw_76_alina.79865.11768[1].jpg (88.0 KB, 7 views)
__________________
Keep it simple

Last edited by Elina; 12-20-2010 at 09:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Unread 12-20-2010, 09:43 PM
Elina's Avatar
Elina Elina is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Neptune
Posts: 28
Re: Neptune in 1st house

Hi Scorpittarian,

I don't think that Neptun in 1st house can make someone underestimate his/her creativity and talents. It was, probably, someting else in your chart that made you feel that. Btw, could you upload your chart to see if, maybe, it was something else... ? thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpittarian View Post
I have neptune in the 12th conj ascendant.

till pre-teens, i was very shy & would avoid the audience. i neva got a chance nor made any attempt 2 take up an initiative 2 prove my talents. i always underestimated myself(i believed i had no talent) & would sit in one corner away from everyone coz i thought they wouldn't appreciate me.
...................................
.
__________________
Keep it simple
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
house, neptune

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Calling all Vedic astrologers..... freedomlover Vedic Astrology 38 12-13-2011 12:14 PM
Aspects/Houses tikana Education Board 4 06-07-2010 10:31 AM
Surviving a 1st house Neptune transit over 5 planets in Aquarius 1st house. sixaquarius Transits 2 12-05-2008 02:46 PM
Synastry planets in partner's 12th house Cleopatra Relational Astrology 7 12-09-2007 09:16 PM



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.