Da Vinci Code – Is Any Of It Fact?

piercethevale

imagine if last supper happened during coronvirus

Yeah...so?
Yeshu'a, aka Jesus, would've seen to it that none attending were infected, cured if they had it, and likely returned to life if they had died.

What a most curious thing to say. Oh ye of, apparently, little faith.

piercethevale

A controversial psychic like Jeane Dixon known for her tabloid press horoscopes, Sylvia Browne made a lot of bogus and inaccurate predictions. However, she once predicted a global pandemic in the year 2020 (just like Covid-19 now) and it returns in a decade around 2030 (Nostradamus said the same thing in his quatrain prophecies). SARS-1 in the 2000s, MERS in the 2010s, Covid-19 in 2020 and by 2030, a new strain of SARS coronavirus diseases may return in the world (not sure how long this one would last). In astrology, the nodes will be in Gemini/Sagittarius in 2029-31 just like in 2002-04 and 1917-18 (the Spanish Flu pandemic), currently we have Cancer/ Capricorn nodes in Dec 2019-Jan 2022, but this also occurred in 2011-12 in MERS outbreaks (like SARS-1, the epidemic waves oddly vanished completely, more fatal but less easily spread). The deadliest second and like the first, less fatal third waves of the Spanish Flu pandemic in winters 1918-19 and 1919-20 was under a Cancer/ Capricorn node...then it went into a Gemini/Sagittarius node later in the 1910s.

Even a broken clock gives the correct time twice a day.

piercethevale

btw... she also wrote that it would be a short lived, time wise, outbreak of the virus and that it couldn't survive outside a human host. That it couldn't be transmitted from surfaces at all.
.... like I already wrote about Sylvia... Pfffffft

But, I must commend you on your research concerning the Nodes. I wasn't aware of that and will check it out.
Thank you.

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
I personally find it an obvious heresy as there were many accounts destroyed by the Council of Niscea due to so much early distortions.

The council of Nicaea* didn't destroy anything.

Most early writings do not survive simply because they weren't copied, not because they were destroyed by some fictional church bent on witch hunting. There was no one interested in copying blatant pagan forgeries.

piercethevale

he is another critic of ravenscroft

http://badarchaeology.wordpress.com...tiny-hitler-the-hapsburgs-and-the-holy-grail/

"The problems grow when we discover that, despite his lengthy description of his first meeting with Walter Stein and their developing relationship, Trevor Ravenscroft and Stein never actually met. Ravenscroft does seem to have had access to Stein’s papers, through his widow, but he admitted in 1982 that his contact with the man himself was conducted entirely through a medium: in other words, he was in contact with Walter Stein’s spirit. This is thus a form of historical research conducted by séance!"

so ravenscroft claim that he met stein while attending a british university where stein taught, as written in The Spear of Destiny ,is fraudulent.

both of the accounts given previously and above are at variance with each other, but it seems the account given in Spear of Destiny is not accurate.

rahu

I was a bit taken aback upon re-reading this particular post by Rahu. As Rahu and I had long been in debate about some of the facts and history that was written, and as to those that wrote, about the subject, I would, more often than not, pass on by his suggested links, to whatever source, He gave along with many of his posts. I passed by the one He gave above as well at the time.... but I recognized it quite readily this time even though it had no significance to me at the time Rahu posted the above

But, I did eventually end up at the website, the given link is to, on my own. One evening, last year, while pursuing more background information about the author Trevor Ravenscroft is when I came across it and I read the entire page. It is a "blog" by a man whom identifies himself as being an archeologist, so I assume that He has at least a Bachelor's degree from a college or university and also states that He is the Archaeology Officer for North Hertfordshire District Council Museum Service. I found that He has even written seven books, pamphlets or articles about archaeological digs in whcih He liikely participated in of which all seem to be in England.

So, I must imagine that He does have a bit of historical knowledge as well.
I wouldn't cite him as for being anything of an expert on the matter o the spear, however, I found what He wrote to be no more than what a number of others had previously said, or written. His blog at wordpress is titled "Bad Archeology"....Yet I found it to be curious as to why He singled out Trevor's book about the subject as for the reason that Trevor wasn't an archaeologist, never participated in any "digs" that I have knowledge of. Trevor merely wrote a book about a subject pertaining to an era of time in history, [a number of eras actually, from the time Yeshu'a died on the cross, the times throughout history that followed the crucifixion, to that of the end of W.W. II, when ever the "spear" is said to have been notable in accounting in historical reference, both of antiquity and modern.]

Rahu apparently never bothered to read the comments left by visitors that read the blooggers page, as I think if He had he might not have given the link as being a source by which to substantiate his own beliefs.

I , however, read everyone of them and found near the last that a certain Peter Kidd left a comment of which I have copied and will paste herewith. From Peter Kidd in comment to the blogger and as to what the blog was about.

Trevor Ravenscroft was my father in law, before that a friend and co-writer. I knew his shortcomings and flaws up close. He lived with me in a flat on Colehorn Road in London in 1971-1972. His book was to come out during that process. I, too, have a set of Dr Stein’s papers entitled “History In the Light of the 8th and 9th Centuries. I wrote a play at 26 titled ” Hugo the Duke of Tours.” My recollection, without digging out the papers in some gray tote in the shed was Hugo sailed to Corsica to pick up relics, including the foreskin of Lazarus. If in fact that was in Trevor’s book, it was wrong. These relics were significant, a gift from the Caliph of Bagdad, Haroun al Raschid. At a time in Europe, when priests were illiterate, Haroun held court with Aristotelian science, the Arts, etc.

Trevor’s obsession with Hitler is certainly born of being a POW for 3 years. There are some who say we became infected with fascism from WW2 and brought it home. Bear in mind, his generation had no way short of “shell shocked” for PTSD. Men did not talk about their inner world, it took my generation to open a dialogue for men, create a lexicon.

It might help the blogger to understand a few things. I think his pursuit of facts is fair. I don’t want to enter some verbose debate. I’m a writer, most of my life writing poems. At 67 I am beginning to address my prose work. This includes a small book of fiction titled “Bird of Destiny.” It was begun because I argued to Trevor that the Grail teachings would be best served as fiction. He in no way was able to write fiction. His pedigree was as a journalist. My feeling, at 26, was to get off the granola shelves at Barnes and Noble, simply take the knowledge and wisdom of the Grail teachings to spin a story, like the Minnesingers did with Wolfram’s “Parsifal.” If it is a good story then it will mainstream and become exoteric.

It might be fair to call Trevor delusional, or exaggerated, but that is just too simple. Hopefully, in spite of his paradigms, he was trying to create a picture of the Grail teachings, and perhaps melodramatically. I went to Vienna at 26 and saw the “Spear.” It did not vibrate for me. Mozart’s piano did, however. Trevor’s task was to cross the Ocean with the very same insights Wagner, Wolfram, and Rembrandt shared. An oral legend really that stumbles in print.

I always thought Trevor was a shitty writer but one hell of an interesting soul who made a great character in one of my novels. Certainly he was influenced greatly by Stein and in turn, Steiner, after his War experience he was a shattered man and needed a world picture. But that becomes obvious early in his work. The idea that both Creation Myth and Evolution are interdependent upon each other is a greater truth. To go all intellectual or scholarly-like is not the point. Each writer lives with his or her shortcomings, both as person and as writer. Trevor had many. But he also possess a wonderful fecund mind and was generous to the bone with whatever he had. So, it becomes a “don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater” kinda deal. If you work with a writer’s pictures as metaphor, the essence can survive it’s vehicle’s shortcomings. I suppose I am having a hard time figuring out your motive in writing your review, so many years after the mindset of the book. I know when I review I never give a calorie to a writer or poet whom I do not like. I refuse to give them the exposure. So, I ask you, what is your motive, aside from 35-40 years later, debunking?
[Unquote]

It's Mr. Kidd's last words in his reply that I find to be particularly of interest and may even be said to be as like an epiphany for anyone else that has their own suspicions and conclusions that run in a similar vein as to my own.

Those words I am referring to are
I suppose I am having a hard time figuring out your motive in writing your review, so many years after the mindset of the book. I know when I review I never give a calorie to a writer or poet whom I do not like. I refuse to give them the exposure. So, I ask you, what is your motive, aside from 35-40 years later, debunking? [Unquote]

And for that matter, why would an archaeologist go after a author that wrote a book that presents a possible alternative accounting of a few events in history?

As I also have questioned why there was such a sudden outpouring of published works, at right before the turn of the century, about so many things associated with the Knights Templar, alleged occult knowledge about the truth of the crucifixion,, r.e. the Divinci Code, the Priory of Zion, et al, etc. etc.?

I find that to be so curious in light of what Rudolf Steiner did actually predict [verifiable] and what Ravenscroft wrote, much of which was derived from works of Steiner, stating that the soul that had been Parsival in the days of Arthur and Camelot, along with many other souls that had been, in previous lives, Knights Templar that will choose to do so in support of the effort, the cause or mission that the reincarnated Parsival had as a duty of service... or words to a similar note...as it has been almost 13 years now since I read Trevor's book "The Cup of Destiny", that I can no longer remember the exact words to any of the passages, but I certainly do know what it is about, what it states to be as facts and for what reasons they are brought up in the book.

I have surmised, in fact, I'm nearly convinced it was all part of some plan as to which, at least a few, of those authors and commentators were involved with as to get a jump on the situation in the belief that Steiner might possibly have been giving a true prediction, more of a prophecy actually, in stating what He did. Thus, if and when Parsival did actually appear, along with anyone that would claim to be, or is suspected of being, one of the reincarnated knights then they would appear to be merely opportunists trying to "tailgate" on a trending historical interest for profit and maybe even fame?

Even that novel that was made into a movie, in which Tom Hanks played the leading role of a symbologist, I found to be suspicious in that the Sabian Symbols became of such importance to understanding astrology not too long after that movie was made and released. I read some of the book and saw the movie and I have to say, that if Tom Hanks character was the best the world had in that story, He ain't nothing compared to Dane Rudhyar.

And, since the subject came up,,,what is it that fellow, Trevor's one time son-in-law, Mr. Kidd wrote ..... that about motives for dredging up something written at a time now long past and trying to make an issue out of what someone wrote ...so long ago?

This thread was lying dormant for quite some time...just like those others that were recently "revived" in a few other sub-forums here at AW ...by the very same member that revived this one... and for a reason that directly involves something I wrote, in contention to, or to belittle, or for some reason or another that results in my having to reply to an old thread I lost interest in long ago...along with everyone else that was interested and, or involved obviously.

Is there an issue here that I'm unaware of? Did I offend in any way, say something offensive, run over someone's dog or cat and didn't stop? If I did I was unaware of it and I certainly would have stopped if I had known.
In fact I'll promise to stop in the future if you'll stop running over old posts of mine and making such picayune issues with them?
How's that?

"

Last edited:

piercethevale

PTV, any current, respectable psychic predictions about this pandemic that you know of?

I can't find my Magic 8 Ball....

...in other words, no I haven't heard a thing form the one I know personally. If fact lately she's seems to be much more more concerned about the recent sequence of earthquakes that occurred in Idaho, Utah, and near Carson City, Nevada, along with those in the Pacific off the coast of Calif. and Oregon.. more than anything else that I know of that she is, or might be, concerned about.

piercethevale

I should have added that she is currently still very supportive of caution measures, at least she is as to those that are friends and followers of hers on facebook. I'll check what she has posted recently to make certain about that, because if she is right now, you can pretty much figure it out as to what she "sees" in the immediate future.

But, I'm not one that promotes the use of clairvoyance for predicting anything as to the future. Reason number one is because the Old Testament says not to.

Last edited:

piercethevale

Is it true that drinking Magic 8 Ball fluid imparts psychic powers? :biggrin:

I won't try it unless you're sure it does. :whistling:

I have met a few people that seem to think that what they do with one turns them into an Einstein or a Superman ....
...and, now that I thnk about it, a few said that what they did with it wouldn't be of harm to them...and that's predicting the future... but everyone of them was proven wrong, eventually. So, I would have to say that "psychic powers" are not bestowed by ingesting anything from a 'Magic 8 Ball" in any way, by any means, or otherwise....
:biggrin:

JUPITERASC

1yor6r.jpg

Opal

Premium Member
Judas is supposed to represent Pisces. Jesus is supposed to represent The Age of Pisces.

What if they were working together? If their plan was to have Judas do the betrayal. If he was doing what Jesus wanted.

petosiris

Banned
Judas is supposed to represent Pisces. Jesus is supposed to represent The Age of Pisces.

What if they were working together? If their plan was to have Judas do the betrayal. If he was doing what Jesus wanted.

Because it is ahistorical. The Jews in the Gospels and to this day expect one glorious advent of the Messiah with no atoning death. Even the highest angels and demons didn't know that the Christ is going to die for the sins of the world and be raised as it was written mystically in the prophets and the psalms and as he himself prophesied to the unbelieving Jews and disciples.

And because it is embarrassing that the Christ would be betrayed by one of his disciples and given to a death along the wicked. Therefore the betrayal is true by the criteria of historicity and embarrassment.

Because the four gospels written by eyewitnesses or by their companions testify against what you are saying (as does the oral tradition handed down to the first presbyters of the church). And even the so-called Gnostic gospels with the exception of one testify against what you are saying.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Because it is ahistorical. The Jews in the Gospels and to this day expect one glorious advent of the Messiah with no atoning death. Even the highest angels and demons didn't know that the Christ is going to die for the sins of the world as it was written mystically in the prophets and as he himself prophesied to the unbelieving Jews and apostles.

And because it is embarrassing that the Christ would be betrayed by one of his disciples and given to a death along the wicked. Therefore the betrayal is true by the criteria of historicity and embarrassment.

Because the four gospels written by eyewitnesses or by their companions testify against what you are saying (as does the oral tradition handed down to the first presbyters of the church). And even the so-called Gnostic gospels with the exception of one testify against what you are saying.

slide_3.jpg

journey-through-the-bible-gospel-of-john-2-638.jpg

6-intro-to-bible-22-728.jpg