Guess the asc of Benedict Cumberbatch

Lazy Cat

Ok, so this guy's got quite an intriguing face, weird at first, but then you get used to it =P (kinda like Cillian Murphy)

He's a Cancer sun, Aries Moon.

tumblr_lks0r1neGu1qgv28no1_400.jpg
os-atores-benedict-cumberbatch-e-martin-freeman-em-cena-da-serie-inglesa-sherlock-1326742060308_300x420.jpg
benedict.png
Benedict_Cumberbatch_59500a.jpg

Here's the chart, without the time of birth... [Oops, it expired. Oh well.]

Last edited:

jsummerfield

Intriguing is right! I'm still not used to his face after 2 seasons of Sherlock.
I genuinely have no idea but I would guess Sag rising.

NeverSafe

Oh he's great. I would agree on the Gemini Asc's.
There is also something very playful about his face.
Maybe on the third decan? Aquarius degree?

LeoCassandra

Judging only by his face shape i would say mutable asc. Virgo is out because it would put mars in 1st house. he doesnt seem like Pisces either. however maybe he is a Aquarius(fixed)chart ruler would be in scorpio(he has quite sceptic, mean glaze)

*emma*

Banned
capricorn or aquarius, he is so thin bony andntall and hard looking it could be saturn or uranus related

the bottom pictures do have a rugged aries aura, then again capricorn as well

all these people we havent got birth times for, i wonder if we can email their agents

Last edited:

Bradders

Gemini: the slim body, the eyes, the eyebrows, the body face, immediately places it into a mutable sign with perhaps neptune in the sign; the use of the hands.

M

may28gemini

I don't think Gemini rising as they tend to be short and skinny with a mischievous face. BC is tall and skinny with a humanitarian face which makes me guess Aquarius-Libra. Aquarius rising people tend to be tall, skinny, and usual looking. Although he's unusual, he has a pleasant looking face, there's some balance to him, and his features are harmonious with each other.

WeCareALot

Benedict Cumberbatch's Rising Sign

This thread is inspired by my recently developed obsession with BBC's Sherlock TV series. Benedict Cumberbatch plays a modern-day version of Sherlock Holmes and he's absolutely awesome in the role. I looked up his chart and saw that he's a Cancer Sun with a likely Aries Moon (no birth time and his Moon is listed at the tail end of Aries so I suppose it could actually be Taurus). However, I'm leaning towards late Leo for his Ascendant, maybe in the Mars decan. His face seems very feline but his eyes are spaced in a way that's reminiscent of Aries/rams to me. Leo rising would also put Venus, Saturn, and Mercury in his first house, which seems responsible for the really delicate bone structure and prominent cheekbones.

I could be wrong of course. What say you all? His chart is attached!

Attachments

• Benedict Cumberbatch Chart.jpg
    Benedict Cumberbatch Chart.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 43

earths

He looks exactly like my father who is cancer SCORPIO Rising

i d say SCORPIO rising at the early grades with conjunct uranus in the cusp and MC Leo with venus and pluto conjunct then with mars also in house X of profession. I see a perfect match.
Large forehead, pointed chin, His lips are snake like well defined and the nose is prominent typical scorpio with heavy eyebrows that bridge the nose. his eyes are deep set with a childlike and innocent sparkle of the moon in aries, and also uranus adds certain magnetic look and his exccentric attire. He has a perfect chart for an actor with sun in cancer and Leo on the MC that suggests growing success in the latter part of his life.

Scorpio rules crimes secrets misteries to solve death and the secret service ( the brother is an mi6) and all that embodies Sherlock holmes ' adventures. Perfectly casted for the role.

with taurus in the descendent is attracted to long stable relationships such as the almost decade long relationship with olivia.

Because he has Uranus in the ascendant some might have guessed aquarius instead of scorpio.

Last edited:

earths

Re: Benedict Cumberbatch's Rising Sign

He is scorpio rising with uranus in the cusp and MC in Leo conjunct to Venus and Pluto. Look at the deep set eyes, the prominent nose and the perfectly defined lips. It is the best way to identify

with taurus in the descendent is attracted to long stable relationships such as the almost decade long relationship with olivia.
There is another post with more details

Last edited:

wwfbader

i say taurus, i just get that vibe from him. girls seem to like him for his role, taurus risings usually make people attract them without looking like the conventional handsome type

Frisiangal

I've got to admit that he is rather 'dishy'. Haven't had a celebrity crush for years.:biggrin:

He is scorpio rising

Nah. Is that definite?

I googled that he's 'the voice' of the dragon in 'The Hobbit'. I thought it 'so regal'. Certainly fits a Mercury-Saturn in Leo.:smile:

WeCareALot

Scorpio rising? Eh, I'm not sure. He doesn't really give off an intense vibe like that. Most Scorpio risings seem to have a laser-like look to them, as if they're squinting to get a good look at something. Benedict actually has a somewhat calm, almost ethereal look to his face. It could be due to the fact that his eyes are far apart (which contributes to the alien quality) but he just never seems to look particularly piercing or even all that focused in photographs.

I'm still thinking Leo rising, which would put Venus, Merc, and Saturn on the AC. I feel like the Saturn influence on his ascendant is what gives him that great, prominent bone structure. Mercury would contribute to the bright eyes, I think. But I guess the problem is that I have a hard time separating him from his character of Sherlock, who seems very much to be a Cancer-Aquarius-Aries mix of some sort--maybe an Aquarius Sun, Cancer Moon, and Aries Rising or Aries Sun, Cancer Moon, and Aquarius Rising.