89-90 generation

Gmohamed

The Pluto in Scorpio generation with lots of outer planets in Capricorn and Jupiter with few asteroids in Cancer. Got curious about this generation again as they also seem to be part of the late Indigo group, often being labeled as too sensitive and kind or then the opposite, sociopathic due to not blindly following rules. But are they that at all? Wouldn't Jupiter in Cancer balance that business-like Capricorn with empathy, even if in opposition it may be excessive or difficult to manage... but for some it could be rejected, while still there.

Now, I want to clear this label from this generation. Even if it were just older generation's way to control or test the youngers like every generation probably does some way. It feels bad to want to be criticised and labeled for a humane thing like wanting to assert your personal will instead of blindly following rules or pleasing everyone to the point of being emotionally fake. In my humble opinion those with lots of fire would be more fitting to carry the sociopath label since fire is selfish (but also self-immolating), risk-takers (which coupled with selfishness has little regard for how their actions affect what others have worked hard to build!) and also, our generation has no water void (which is often described as difficulty to imagine how others feel)!
I don't mean to label anyone according to their natal chart or generation they belong to, but I do want to start a constructive discussion about this. Feels bad being labeled without deeper analysis on "why judge us like that but not them". On the contrary feels also bad to be such effeminate generation that instead of being naturally selfish and feeling comfortable about that only, the constant criticising and judging hurts. Is our generation doomed to be effeminate and never be able to be more competent or masculine than fire/air generations.. unless we tear those social roles down just out of frustration due to being held back? I bring this up too because our generation does participate in tearing down those traditional roles. :D

Anyway, what do you think? Have you noticed any of this when studying astrology? What do you think about this and other generations around it?

HoldOrFold

Are you just talking about 1989-1990 specifically? Because the trends you're talking about are affecting a broader age range.

I think the cultural zeitgeist we're seeing at the moment is a lot to do with Neptune in Pisces. It's 'vogue' now to embody the victim-archetype, which is an archetype of Pisces. When Neptune was in Aquarius, it was all about geek-chique, tech-startups and the dawn of social media. When in Capricorn, it was all about business and getting ahead in the 80s. In the 70s it was cool to be into Chinese martial arts and stuff with Neptune in Sagittarius. Now it seems to be 'cool' to embody characteristics which would normally seem weak.

You're also seeing a lean towards Marxist ideologies. Last time Neptune was in Pisces heralded the birth of Marxism. There's parallels.

These Neptunian trends seem to effect the younger generations more, not sure why that is honestly, something I'd have to think about.

Bisquit

as holdorfold said it is larger scale than that. it involves those who had their generational planets in sagittarius and gemini if i am not awfully mistaken.
but i can confirm that many trad astrologers advise especially capricorns and saturnians to develop empathy

originally indigos are actually said to be more empathic and creative but this new age movement has labeled them as sociopathic for wanting to be their own authority and not conforming to rules blindly. which is more associated with aquarian traits. perhaps that is what you meant..?

love-thinking

as holdorfold said it is larger scale than that. it involves those who had their generational planets in sagittarius and gemini if i am not awfully mistaken.
but i can confirm that many trad astrologers advise especially capricorns and saturnians to develop empathy

originally indigos are actually said to be more empathic and creative but this new age movement has labeled them as sociopathic for wanting to be their own authority and not conforming to rules blindly. which is more associated with aquarian traits. perhaps that is what you meant..?

Honestly from what I see, being from this generation and all, is that what the sun is conjunct to is more prominent then where is the sun even at larger orbs. You need that Capricorn energy for perseverance. This new generation is empathetic and innovative but also has the perseverance and ambitious nature of Capricorn to carry things through