Family chart themes

twistandshout

Tried to find a thread on this but this is something I've been musing over as of late. Has anyone taken the time to look at their immediate family to pinpoint what the family astrology theme may be for them?

I don't personally have the birth times for my parents (medical records aren't kept as well where they grew up) but I've managed to conclude that we're a very heavy Cancer family with Leo influence (and some emphasis on Virgo priorities as well).

Cancer Qualities:
- parents are both Cancer Suns
- Dad had Mercury in Cancer
- Eldest brother has moon in 4H
- Middle brother has Cancer ASC and Moon in 4 H
- I have a Cancer Moon and Cancer MC

Leo Qualities:
- Mom has Moon in Leo
- Dad had Venus in Leo
- Oldest brother has sub in 5H and Leo MC
- Middle brother has Mercury in Leo ruled house, Mars in 5H
- I have Sun in Leo ruled house, POF and Lilith are also placed in Leo as well

Virgo Qualities
- Father had Virgo Moon
- Mother has Mars in Virgo
- Oldest brother has Mars in Virgo ruled house, Aries rules his 6H
- Middle brother has Sun, Mercury and Venus in Virgo
- I have Sun, Mars and Venus in Virgo, Mercury is in Virgo ruled house

Our family also seems to have Libra traits but without my parents birth times, it's a little difficult to see where their Libra influence may come from since they don't have any major planets in them, but I have a Libra ASC, my oldest brother has Mars in Libra and middle brother has a Libra ruled 4H with his moon in there as well.

Overall it makes sense and you can definitely see it when we're all together! We're all pretty sensitive to everything and it definitely feels like we're in a room full of different egos whenever we see each other, where everyone's trying to find their own way to stand out from the rest. But the Libra emphasis means that there's also a need to not "disrupt the balance" of things, especially at family events.

Anyone else notice anything like this in their family charts?

conspiracy theorist

In my immediate family the major thing I see is not sign preponderance but aspect patterns.

All my brothers and my great grandmother (who's lived with us since my birth) all have stelliums. I have 5 planets in Sag, Brother 1 has 4 planets in Capricorn, Brother 2 has 4 planets in Aries, Brother 3 has 5 (possibly 6) planets in Taurus, Brother 4 has 4 planets in Gemini and my Great gran has 4 planets in Scorpio.

I don't know what that means for the family "fate" but it's pretty **** interesting to me.

twistandshout

Huh! That's really interesting! My family doesn't really seem to have anything like that though between my brothers and I, I've noticed that my chart is VERY top heavy while both of theirs house most of their planets in the bottom half which... Definitely shows when we're together :lol:

dr. farr

One of the founders of Modern astrology, Charles Carter, believed that family chart themes were an important but almost completely overlooked subject for astrological investigation; this was back in the 1930's! yet the subject has yet to receive any considerable attention.

HighlyEvolved

I noticed that me, my mom and my brother all have Saturn in the 1st house, which is very karmic placement. My mom has Gemini rising, my brother is a full blown Gemini (Sun conjunct Mercury, Venus, Mars, most of them in 3rd house), which he also takes after his father, who had Gemini influences in his chart.

Mom is Aquarius sun and me and my brother both have Aqua rising.

Her moon is in Virgo, our grandma (her mom) was a Virgo. She unfortunately died when I was only four years old and my bro was less than one year old, but from what mom told me, she was very strict and Virgo-like parent -> my mom's moon is in Virgo and my Jupiter is Virgo. My uncle was a Virgo sun.

We have different biological father,but he raised us both as our father. My brother takes after him Cancer moon and other placemens, especially aspects involving Pluto (most prominent Mercury opposite Pluto). And I take prominent Leo after him, he was very important figure in my life. Even thought he messed up many times, I will alway think of him kindly and have a thought of him in my heart. He was a Leo sun.

Me and my brother both have prominent Pluto. Mine being in Scorpio and focal planet of a T-square. There is a lot of heavy Pluto infuluence from my mother's side. She lost many family members and had to get used to seeing her loved ones die from quite and early age. Her father left them when she was little and never showed much interest in her, me or my brother. My grandma died when mom was just 20 years old, her brother (our uncle) died about 8 years ago at the age of 35 years, he was an alcoholic. Our father and her ex-husband at the time died two and half years ago. There is a lot of hidden stuff and inclination to addictions of all sorts. Mom and dad had both problems with gambling at one point in their lives, her brother died so young due to problems connected to his alcoholism, my brother is currently amidst of meth addiction, and as far as I know our grandma had very positive attitude towards alcohol too. I'm not gonna lie, I drink more than I should and also am unable to quit smoking cigarettes. But except my brother, we all live(d) normal life, going to work, being very hard working people on the other hand.)

I would really love to find out my grandma's birth details and draw a chart, I think it would speak for a lot. I expect to find heavily Pluto and Saturn-based chart. I find these family dynamics really interesting, as it shows your family karma, in which I among other things strongly believe, based on evidence I found.

Last edited:

detectahead

I noticed that me, my mom and my brother all have Saturn in the 1st house, which is very karmic placement. My mom has Gemini rising, my brother is a full blown Gemini (Sun conjunct Mercury, Venus, Mars, most of them in 3rd house), which he also takes after his father, who had Gemini influences in his chart.

Mom is Aquarius sun and me and my brother both have Aqua rising.

Her moon is in Virgo, our grandma (her mom) was a Virgo. She unfortunately died when I was only four years old and my bro was less than one year old, but from what mom told me, she was very strict and Virgo-like parent -> my mom's moon is in Virgo and my Jupiter is Virgo. My uncle was a Virgo sun.

We have different biological father,but he raised us both as our father. My brother takes after him Cancer moon and other placemens, especially aspects involving Pluto (most prominent Mercury opposite Pluto). And I take prominent Leo after him, he was very important figure in my life. Even thought he messed up many times, I will alway think of him kindly and have a thought of him in my heart. He was a Leo sun.

Me and my brother both have prominent Pluto. Mine being in Scorpio and focal planet of a T-square. There is a lot of heavy Pluto infuluence from my mother's side. She lost many family members and had to get used to seeing her loved ones die from quite and early age. Her father left them when she was little and never showed much interest in her, me or my brother. My grandma died when mom was just 20 years old, her brother (our uncle) died about 8 years ago at the age of 35 years, he was an alcoholic. Our father and her ex-husband at the time died two and half years ago. There is a lot of hidden stuff and inclination to addictions of all sorts. Mom and dad had both problems with gambling at one point in their lives, her brother died so young due to problems connected to his alcoholism, my brother is currently amidst of meth addiction, and as far as I know our grandma had very positive attitude towards alcohol too. I'm not gonna lie, I drink more than I should and also am unable to quit smoking cigarettes. But except my brother, we all live(d) normal life, going to work, being very hard working people on the other hand.)

I would really love to find out my grandma's birth details and draw a chart, I think it would speak for a lot. I expect to find heavily Pluto and Saturn-based chart. I find these family dynamics really interesting, as it shows your family karma, in which I among other things strongly believe, based on evidence I found.

Just your grandmothers date of birth will fill in answers for you

!4C

One of the founders of Modern astrology, Charles Carter, believed that family chart themes were an important but almost completely overlooked subject for astrological investigation; this was back in the 1930's! yet the subject has yet to receive any considerable attention.
You lost me. Do you mean that family chart connections can be used to prove astrology is real?

Tla26

Yes, themes run in families for sure! Souls travel in groups so at the time of birth, we choose traits that are an extension of our souls!

My mom, dad, brother, grandma, step-grandma, and grandma are all Scorpios.

My mom, cousin, other cousin, and grandma all have Gemini moons. My Uncle is a Gemini, as is another cousin.

My mom, my grandma, and I all have Virgo rising. My dad, my paternal grandpa, my aunt, my other uncle all have Virgo moons.

Crazy stuff!

obsidianmineral

For god's sake, Moon in 4th isn't related to Cancer! Will people ever get that?

Anyway, seems interesting. How has that Moon in Libra in the 4th house with a Cancer ascendant manifested in your brother's life? Is he attached to your parents? I'd like to know

twistandshout

For god's sake, Moon in 4th isn't related to Cancer! Will people ever get that?

Anyway, seems interesting. How has that Moon in Libra in the 4th house with a Cancer ascendant manifested in your brother's life? Is he attached to your parents? I'd like to know

If you follow the teachings where each house has a sign ruler with 1H beginning with Aries then yes, the 4H is connected to Cancer. It's fine if you don't follow that but let's not misinterpret our preferences in methodology and use that to trample over other people's methods.

Yes he's close to our mother. He was not as close to our Father but our Father also passed away when we were young so whether or not that would have changed is un-answerable.