Planets on the Midheaven

waybread

Wintersprite1, LOL! Well, maybe think of Juno more as the Great Goddess than as the bride--or at least keep an eye out for a King of the Gods type!

R4ven, I am a big fan of personal financial advisor/guru Suze Orman, who traces some of career pathway to a learning disability; alongside other well-known CEOs who had to think outside the box because they really could not think inside it. I don't know how old your nephew is, but hopefully there is some vocational/technical school for him nearby. But possibly he will just invent something really cool, regardless.

R4VEN

waybread said:
R4ven, I am a big fan of personal financial advisor/guru Suze Orman, who traces some of career pathway to a learning disability; alongside other well-known CEOs who had to think outside the box because they really could not think inside it. I don't know how old your nephew is, but hopefully there is some vocational/technical school for him nearby. But possibly he will just invent something really cool, regardless.
I'm familiar with Suze Orman (having watched Oprah).

My nephew lives in the bush - and I mean way out there - and is 23. His father (my brother) is also very dyslexic, but has become a very successful farmer, due to him trying some different - and untried - methods of cereal growing in a place of very low rainfall. My nephew and his father are a good team - the father has the Bigger Picture view of how things can be, whilst the son works at the micro-level, always tinkering and trying to improve the function of machinery. My brother has Uranus in the 3rd house, so he is a very original thinker also. Neither man has had much formal education beyond what is legally required, and I believe they are both better off for it. (I'm a former educator, so am aware of the potentially limiting nature of formal education.)

Last edited:

byjove

Account Closed
R4VEN said:
I'm familiar with Suze Orman (having watched Oprah).

My nephew lives in the bush - and I mean way out there - and is 23. His father (my brother) is also very dyslexic, but has become a very successful farmer, due to him trying some different - and untried - methods of cereal growing in a place of very low rainfall. My nephew and his father are a good team - the father has the Bigger Picture view of how things can be, whilst the son works at the micro-level, always tinkering and trying to improve the function of machinery. My brother has Uranus in the 3rd house, so he is a very original thinker also. Neither man has had much formal education beyond what is legally required, and I believe they are both better off for it. (I'm a former educator, so am aware of the potentially limiting nature of formal education.)

That is just amazing! You know, this is one of the many things I love about astrology. As astrologers, we can recognize opposing forces in the psyche, and offer constructive guidance on how to bring the two forces together. A psychotherapist might book you in for months or years, drain your bank account and tell you and your family that your ******* up. But look at this above - the classic case of the mind endowed with advanced knowledge, and the sacrifice seems to be that they communicate on a different level better than usual speech. Amazing! So incredible, I hope to meet people just like this, I'm in awe...

CarrieLee

I have a question my son he is 17 has sun/uranus/ Nep on the 9th house side of the Midheaven all these are conjunct the Midheaven..Conjunct the sun is his north node All this is in Capricorn..He has currently been brainwashed by his dad into believing I am the devils worker and he is a religous fanatic with a huge tatoo of Christ on his back etc etc. Do I read this stellium in the tenth because in the tenth sitting at the highest point is Saturn in Aquarius and this is conjunct blackmoon lilith ..(his idiot father's moon is in Aquarius a usually lovely sign I might add...) He is extremely obsessed with outer life to the point where I am worried for him..He has no inner life since babyhood. Am I black moon lilith? or is it his crazy sociopathic stepmom who has complete control of his mind? Any insight is greatly appreciated because I cannot see my children clearly as I do truly adore them. Even when they are cruel as my son has been(under the direction of black moon lilith and Saturn)
Thanks

CarrieLee

I have sun/uranus conjunct also and I am too intense for some...but I also have Sun exact conjunct pluto 22 degrees so I always attributed ppl's nervousness about me to that :)

waybread

Carrie, you sound pretty distraught (perhaps for good reason) but please just take a deep breath and try to calm yourself.

1. There are phrases in the Bible that appear to condemn astrologers (called Chaldeans--i.e., people from Babylon) but it is only because their prognostications about the future led people away from faith in God. If your son and his father are devout Christians, you can point out to them that God placed the heavenly bodies in the skies "for signs and for seasons" (Genesis 1) and nothing in the Bible prohibits the use of astrology for character analysis. You might challenge them to point out any verses in the Bible that prohibit astrology for analyzing character, vs. fortune-telling.

2. It is hard to visualize your son's chart without seeing it, but generally planets in the 9th house conjunct the MC are in a very strong career position. Astrologers vary on whether you would read them as pertaining to the 9th or the 10th. Generally I would try to synthesize the meanings of the two houses, though. In Capricorn, your son may actually have administrative ability, especially if he has Saturn in the 10th house, but a lot will depend upon how these planets are aspected.

3. I am having trouble following the rest, but it appears that your son's MC/IC axis is skewed from a totally vertical position in the chart, as often happens. Regardless the "most elevated planet/s" will be closest to the MC.

4. Whether or not you are symbolized by BBL or the moon has a lot to do with whether you or his step-mother raised him. Surely you are not behaving like BBL!

5. If your son has most of his planets above the horizon (in houses 7-12) then yes, he will need to live a primarily outer-oriented life.

6. Your son is old enough to make up his mind about things. Insulting his dad and stepmom or blaming unwanted behaviour on astrology probably won't endear you to him and won't solve anything.

Good luck, Mama!

Damo Mayo

I have Neptune (my chart ruler) 5 degrees west of my Sagittarian midheaven, trine to Venus in Leo. The Sagittarian midheaven is a funny one. It certainly has a strong influence on my life. I have gone from job to job, never being completely happy in the same place for too long. At the present I have now found happiness as a flight attendant- obviously due to my innate Sagittarian desire for a job involving travel.

The presence of Neptune confuses me though. I seem to dream of the ideal career, but never do anything to bring my grand plans into practice. A strong quincunx with my Jupiter in Cancer is most likely responsible here. Neptune on the midheaven ultimately makes me lazy, and unwilling to accept the reality of having to work for everything.

Neptune conjunct midheaven, trine Venus, square Mars, sextile Pluto, quincunx Jupiter.
Midheaven conjunct Neptune, trine Venus, trine Saturn.

Last edited:

Claire19

MTTY05 said:
I've got Pluto in Scorpio (9th house) conjunct Midheaven in Scorpio, but I don't think I've made much use of it yet.

Pluto sextile Sun, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Neptune
Pluto opposition Jupiter

You have a nice Pluto if that can be said about Pluto. THe aspects are conducive to healing and counselling. You will have choices with your career and potential to do great good and touch a lot of people. It is the classic psychologist, hypnotist, hands on therapies and I wish you well with that. A transit will come along to set off these points and then you may do something with it all.

:)

littlefury

As I was reading this thread a lot of things suddenly began to make sense. My MC is Aries and is conjunct Chiron which is squared my Mars in Capricorn in the 6th. I have a lot of trouble getting work, in my working life so far I've been made redundant 3 times and also been on the receiving end of some bullying from a supervisor. I was made redundant in June and so far I've not been able to find a job and whilst the current economic climate doesn't help, I experienced this years ago when the economy was thriving. I do have several restrictions due to health reasons, I can only do certain types of work, I can only work standard office hours and I am reliant upon public transport so can only work somewhere central to me which has a regular bus service. I've seen plenty of jobs I could do with my eyes shut but they're usually out in the middle of nowhere in some business park or entail shift work which is no good for me. Interviews usually go pretty well until I explain my circumstances at which point it's as if the word liability has appeared on my forehead in big, bold capital letters. Every time it happens it takes away more and more of my confidence and it gets harder and harder to believe in myself. I feel thwarted at every turn, my circumstances are never going to change and so every time I need to find a job I'm going to be confronted with the same problem :(

CarrieLee

Thank you so much for your kind, kind response. I have been distraught these eclipses have thrown me for I loop especially the last one hitting my natal Mars. Yoga hasn't helped it is digging up all the pain I stuffed in my body around my son.
I have been trying to understand his stepmother who keeps attacking me she by all definitions would be classified with Antisocial Personality Disorder and she attacks whenever she gets an opening or when He wants to visit me. Its just awful and I just do not understand why a soul or a child would choose to live with insane ppl vs ppl who strive for wholeness .
So thankyou waybread sincerely ...I have my Bach flower Rescue Remedy and I am on the mend...
Perhaps someday I will understand this boy I love more than life...

waybread

Carrie, there are a lot of sayings about trying to understand people before judging them. Astrology does give us some help in trying "to walk a mile in the other person's mocasins."

Your son's step-mom may be very insecure, for reasons we cannot fathom.

CarrieLee

LOL that was funny did I mention I have Sun/Pluto 22 Virgo Jup 17 Virgo and Uranus 29 Virgo I am afraid my Judgemental problem is a true Malady in this Life. I would love to be Zen enough to not judge.LOL I struggle everyday...And you are correct she is very insecure and I would be wise to remember that when she verbally attacks me.Thanks again.

MTTY05

Claire19 said:
You have a nice Pluto if that can be said about Pluto. THe aspects are conducive to healing and counselling. You will have choices with your career and potential to do great good and touch a lot of people. It is the classic psychologist, hypnotist, hands on therapies and I wish you well with that. A transit will come along to set off these points and then you may do something with it all.

:)

Thanks for the words of encouragement, Claire! I look forward to making something good out of my Pluto. :D

cindystubbs

Pluto is the closet to my midheaven which means I should be an undertaker- lol-
Mercury trines my midheaven also.
I am always trying to understand people and why they do the things they do.

Bloggity, blogy, blog: cindystubbs.blogspot.com:p

byjove

Account Closed
cindystubbs said:
Pluto is the closet to my midheaven which means I should be an undertaker- lol-
Mercury trines my midheaven also.
I am always trying to understand people and why they do the things they do.

Bloggity, blogy, blog: cindystubbs.blogspot.com:p

Pluto on the MC? Hmm. Do you like power?! lol. My Mercury is in a similar place to yours, mine's on the MC trine AC, and yes, my people-watching means my curiosity can get me in trouble lol

feelthef

My Pluto is close to MC in Libra. It is funny that my profession is a Radiographer, that is mean I work with X ray ( Pluto rules nuclear energy). Pluto sextile only Mars and Uranus.

aquarius7000

Hi Feelthef,

Is there any connection between Uranus and your MC/10th house/ruler thereof? Uranus rules electricity, x-rays and things like radiology; though some astrologers also take Neptune, as it is said to rule photography.

:)AQ7

feelthef

Yes, Venus in the 5th opposition Uranus in the 11th. Pluto/ Uranus - no connection, then may be Uranus is author of my interest in this area . And Neptune sextile Pluto if that have to be taken in considiration

Last edited:

Katyusha

I have Sun in Cancer conj. MC squaring Jupiter Conj Asc in Libra. Sometimes the need to be in the spotlight annoys me, if someone else is the center of attention I'm jealous.
I know it's stupid :D