Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Aspects & configurations

Aspects & configurations Discuss here about natal chart aspects and configurations.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 12-18-2020, 03:50 AM
MoonlightSonata's Avatar
MoonlightSonata MoonlightSonata is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 99
Do you think it's possible to completely reconcile square energy?

Or do you think we just get to a point where we learn how to handle those warring areas of life with a little more finesse and fewer headaches?

I remember reading a piece that suggested squares in fixed signs are the hardest hurdles to overcome because of the fixed energy. Mutable signs are supposed to be the easiest to reconcile because of the mutable energy, and cardinal signs are supposed to be somewhere in between in terms of the difficulty we experience while trying to reconcile our approach to those areas of life.

__________________
"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 12-18-2020, 08:54 AM
katydid katydid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,543
Re: Do you think it's possible to completely reconcile square energy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonlightSonata View Post
Or do you think we just get to a point where we learn how to handle those warring areas of life with a little more finesse and fewer headaches?

I remember reading a piece that suggested squares in fixed signs are the hardest hurdles to overcome because of the fixed energy. Mutable signs are supposed to be the easiest to reconcile because of the mutable energy, and cardinal signs are supposed to be somewhere in between in terms of the difficulty we experience while trying to reconcile our approach to those areas of life.
Yes, in the case of tight Fixed Squares, it may just be the case of learning to 'accept' the imbalance and internal conflict with some finesse.

I have an angular, exact T-square to Pluto/So Node/Lilith in my 4th.

It is the apex of the opposition between Jupiter/Asc in Taurus opposed Mercury in Scorpio.

There was a time in my late teens where I could have gone off the deep end into mental illness. My solar arc sun was conjunct the Mercury and I was somewhat delusional and dealing with memories of childhood abuse and feeling lost, smoking a lot of pot, and kind of adrift.

I do think Astrology kept me afloat because I had been calculating and drawing up peoples birth charts for them, as there were no 🖥 computers etc, back in the late 60's.

So doing Astrology readings for friends helped me stay aware of my own transits and my own issues, and not fall totally down the rabbit hole.

My Pluto/Lilith/So Node conjunction in the 4th, being part of a Fixed Grand cross felt overwhelming and emotionally crushing in my younger years.

Over the years I learned to deal with the issues: karmic, generational, familial, personal, and metaphysical, and FOUND PEACE eventually.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to katydid For This Useful Post:
MoonlightSonata (12-19-2020)
  #3  
Unread 12-18-2020, 09:23 AM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: clearing
Posts: 16,591
Re: Do you think it's possible to completely reconcile square energy?

Not sure I buy that mutable squares result in an easier reconciliation of conflicting energies. The mutability could easily manifest as an inability to focus and dissipation whereby the native cannot even come place to getting a grasp of why they are suffering in the first place.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to conspiracy theorist For This Useful Post:
MoonlightSonata (12-19-2020)
  #4  
Unread 12-18-2020, 09:57 AM
katydid katydid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,543
Re: Do you think it's possible to completely reconcile square energy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
Not sure I buy that mutable squares result in an easier reconciliation of conflicting energies. The mutability could easily manifest as an inability to focus and dissipation whereby the native cannot even come place to getting a grasp of why they are suffering in the first place.
That might be true in some cases. Some mutable natives might not follow through enough to diagnose the source of the problem and fix anything.

But when doing a reading for a person with a mutable Grand Cross, in my experience, the client is usually willing to discuss the issues openly and logically, and will want to figure out a solution. It is still difficult as they may go back and forth, and question every little detail before getting to the meat of the issue, and we would usually have to schedule a follow up to make it all the way there.

But a Mutable Grand Cross could rationally discuss the ramifications of their afflicted planets and look for workable solutions.

I had a longtime client who had Sun/Mercury conjunct her Gemini Ascendant. It was square her Moon/Mars in Virgo and her Saturn in Pisces.

She originally came to me at age 25 to ask 'what signs' she was compatible with because she had been on dozens and dozens of 'first dates' ---but never had a real relationship.

She was very open to me telling her that it didnt matter what signs she was dating---after that many 'first dates' she should have met one or two suitable matches. She was open to me questions her and how she came across on those many dates.

She admitted that she had a caustic sense of humour and loved to 'joke around' and criticise others, 'for the fun of it.' She was very willing to hear my criticism of that behaviour and she quickly grasped that the problem could be that she was turning her dates off quickly, by making jokes at their expense, when she barely knows them.

Within a couple months she had her first 'real' boyfriend because she was able to 'pivot' and make jokes about other things on the first date, instead of her potential partners.


In my experience, Fixed Grand Cross clients do not always make those kinds of changes of their own behaviour so quickly.
They are often is denial and even blind to their own issues , tending to blame others. [myself included]

I had a reading with a young man recently, with Sun/Chiron conjunct in Leo, opposed Saturn in Aquarius. His Pluto in Scorpio/7th was the apex of the square.

It was really difficult to get him to accept any responsibility for the problems in his relationships. He pivoted to blame others. He blamed his Dad for being a rotten father to him, ruining his ability to accept love. He blamed his girlfriend for 'making him angry' all the time. He blamed his friends for luring him with drugs and other women...

I think he was in heavy denial, because I had already had 2 sessions with his girlfriend, and she described his behaviour in much different ways than he perceived it to be.

He saw himself as open, giving, even to the point of sacrificing his own desires repeatedly in order to please her. She described him as selfish and bossy and not aware of her needs and she was ready to leave him. :Andy:

Last edited by katydid; 12-18-2020 at 10:00 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to katydid For This Useful Post:
ElenaJ (12-18-2020)
  #5  
Unread 12-19-2020, 02:02 AM
MoonlightSonata's Avatar
MoonlightSonata MoonlightSonata is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 99
Re: Do you think it's possible to completely reconcile square energy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid View Post
Yes, in the case of tight Fixed Squares, it may just be the case of learning to 'accept' the imbalance and internal conflict with some finesse.

I have an angular, exact T-square to Pluto/So Node/Lilith in my 4th.

It is the apex of the opposition between Jupiter/Asc in Taurus opposed Mercury in Scorpio.

There was a time in my late teens where I could have gone off the deep end into mental illness. My solar arc sun was conjunct the Mercury and I was somewhat delusional and dealing with memories of childhood abuse and feeling lost, smoking a lot of pot, and kind of adrift.

I do think Astrology kept me afloat because I had been calculating and drawing up peoples birth charts for them, as there were no 🖥 computers etc, back in the late 60's.

So doing Astrology readings for friends helped me stay aware of my own transits and my own issues, and not fall totally down the rabbit hole.

My Pluto/Lilith/So Node conjunction in the 4th, being part of a Fixed Grand cross felt overwhelming and emotionally crushing in my younger years.

Over the years I learned to deal with the issues: karmic, generational, familial, personal, and metaphysical, and FOUND PEACE eventually.
Wow! That's a lot to deal with in your fourth house, especially with Pluto being there. Glad you were able to make your peace with the energy.

I only have one fixed square, but it's a biggie: my Leo ascendant and Scorpio-Neptune in my 4th.

Those two created a lot of "look at this, but don't you dare look at that. And don't try and make me look at it realistically either!" energy. So I ended up excusing inexcusable behavior due to gaslighting (Neptune) and making mountains out of molehills (Leo and Neptune) when I was younger.

Time, self-work and astrology have all helped me make as much peace as I can at this point in my life with what was and what is. And while I don't know if I'll ever completely reconcile that energy, I do know I'm handling it better now.
__________________
"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MoonlightSonata For This Useful Post:
katydid (12-19-2020)
  #6  
Unread 12-19-2020, 02:20 AM
MoonlightSonata's Avatar
MoonlightSonata MoonlightSonata is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 99
Re: Do you think it's possible to completely reconcile square energy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
Not sure I buy that mutable squares result in an easier reconciliation of conflicting energies. The mutability could easily manifest as an inability to focus and dissipation whereby the native cannot even come place to getting a grasp of why they are suffering in the first place.
Yeah, it could very well work that way for some people.

Here's a link to the piece I referred to in case you're interested in the author's take on squares: https://ellie-mae-astrology.tumblr.c...ares-astrology
__________________
"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 12-19-2020, 07:10 PM
wan wan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,997
Re: Do you think it's possible to completely reconcile square energy?

I have read that the mutable energies are the easiest to handle, the next one being fixed, then the most difficult being the cardinal energies. The reasoning is that even though the fixed energies are stubborn, they don't at least try to tell the other what to do, which the cardinal will. The fixed just stubbornly avoid each other.

Last edited by wan; 12-19-2020 at 07:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wan For This Useful Post:
MoonlightSonata (12-22-2020)
  #8  
Unread 12-22-2020, 03:17 AM
MoonlightSonata's Avatar
MoonlightSonata MoonlightSonata is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 99
Re: Do you think it's possible to completely reconcile square energy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wan View Post
I have read that the mutable energies are the easiest to handle, the next one being fixed, then the most difficult being the cardinal energies. The reasoning is that even though the fixed energies are stubborn, they don't at least try to tell the other what to do, which the cardinal will. The fixed just stubbornly avoid each other.
There are different schools of thought.

The post I referred to resonated with me because my lone fixed square has proved to be the most difficult one for me.
__________________
"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 12-22-2020, 09:54 AM
Frisiangal Frisiangal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Dairyland
Posts: 2,219
Re: Do you think it's possible to completely reconcile square energy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonlightSonata View Post
There are different schools of thought.

The post I referred to resonated with me because my lone fixed square has proved to be the most difficult one for me.
One of which is that square energy is there to challenge those softer aspects that have acquired a laxadaisical attitude, and give them 'a push' in another direction.
E.g. A flighty, emotional, sensitive, and/or nervous person might require some 'fixity' in life; or want it and need to recognise within one's self or behaviour pattern why it is not easily forthcoming.

What's noticeable about harsh aspects, especially in progressed astrology, is that when you think you've got them under control, new situations arise that challenge what you think you've mastered.
Makes life interesting.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Frisiangal For This Useful Post:
MoonlightSonata (12-23-2020)
  #10  
Unread 12-23-2020, 03:59 AM
MoonlightSonata's Avatar
MoonlightSonata MoonlightSonata is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 99
Re: Do you think it's possible to completely reconcile square energy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frisiangal View Post
One of which is that square energy is there to challenge those softer aspects that have acquired a laxadaisical attitude, and give them 'a push' in another direction.
E.g. A flighty, emotional, sensitive, and/or nervous person might require some 'fixity' in life; or want it and need to recognise within one's self or behaviour pattern why it is not easily forthcoming.

What's noticeable about harsh aspects, especially in progressed astrology, is that when you think you've got them under control, new situations arise that challenge what you think you've mastered.
Makes life interesting.
Touché and c'est la vie. Life would be dull if it wasn't complicated at times.
__________________
"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
completely, energy, reconcile, square

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.