Eris

Draco

Whoa, that was quick!

"Shinkai no hoshi, Kaiousei wo shugo ni, motsu hoyou no senshi."
Guarded by Neptune, the planet of the deep seas, the soldier of affinity.

Interesting. I'm quite fascinated by Japanese culture.

I used to have a signature pertaining to Neptune myself, it comes from an old fashioned English proverb from sailors: 'He who is shipwrecked a second time, cannot blame Neptune', which I think could relate to astrology pretty well.

Are you learning Japanese?

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Yes, I remember your quote. I stole it once in English class. We do this thing where we present a quote and then write about it, relating it to the human condition. I had forgotten it was my day to present a quote, and that one was the first thing I could remember. So, I used it and related it to how we as humans feel like we have to blame some higher power for our mistakes, parents, bosses, planets, and gods included.

Yes, I'm trying to. Not doing so well if I mistake "shimoni" with "shugo ni", I'm not even sure if that's a real word! I just assumed it was a semi-archaic term for "to be guarded by".

Draco

Yes, I remember your quote. I stole it once in English class. We do this thing where we present a quote and then write about it, relating it to the human condition. I had forgotten it was my day to present a quote, and that one was the first thing I could remember. So, I used it and related it to how we as humans feel like we have to blame some higher power for our mistakes, parents, bosses, planets, and gods included

Wow! Really? It's so strange to think that someone somewhere else in the world was inspired by my signature to use in an English class. That's pretty cool actually. :p

Japanese must be incredibly difficult. At least with European languages we can relate to the alphabet.

I wonder, if your into Japanese stuff, have you seen a film called 'Azumi'? Normally I'm not into films with subtitles, but it's a brilliant movie!

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Heh, yes, the great Draco and his awesomely inspired quote saved me from getting a 0 in participation that day! I owe you my life! Or at least...twenty points of it.

Japanese has its moments. One of the harder parts is figuring out where, in speaking, one word ends and another begins. "Ogenki desu wa, ne?" sounds like one big word!

Almost all of my stuff is subtitled! If you can read fast, subtitles aren't that bad. But, alas, I haven't seen this movie. Perhaps I should attempt to hunt it down. The one thing that gets in the way of enjoying Japanese made movies or shows is that I don't understand some of the symbolism and folklore that's subtly put into them...

Some irony in this (actually a friend pointed it out to me). Don't you think it odd that we go from a very nice debate, to an agreement and closure, to friendly chatter in the thread named after the goddess of discord? Perhaps there's something to this after all...

Last edited:

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Looking at planetary rulership I am assuming that if she is indeed an astrological planet she should be the ruler of Libra. This is based on the “ladder” arrangement that has prevailed for millennia and been adapted since the discovery of the modern planets, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto.

Eww, gross. Why must we try and force astrology into a preconceived system? I actually think it would be appropriate for a Discord goddess to be an exception to the system.

Last edited:

Lupus

Some people think that Eris's only quality is a motivation towards greater order in the vain attempt to avoid her. She also can help to break up negative order, like that of the hellish tyrannical empiricism that Saturn sometimes represents. Uranus breaks up that kind of order too, but Eris does it more inexorably. She's further out than Pluto. If Pluto represents our doom, Eris is like the aftermath. Yet despite her grim terror, she can inspire a greater light-heartedness, as the cruel world we live in takes on a more meaningless perspective. I know I've benefited from dabbling in Discordian lore. Ironically for people who abide in such a grim, chaotic Goddess, some of those Discordians have a top-shelf wit, intelligence and humor.