Figuring Out Jupiter In Pisces

LovelyMissAries

I was wondering how Jupiter in Pisces will affect me this year as it's going through my 10th house. I'm not quite sure I believe the hype about it bringing just "so many blessings" and wanted to brainstorm...

First, Jupiter rules my 7H of other people, partnerships, etc. However my natal Jupiter is weak in Gemini, 12H. Seems like the epitome of "I don't know" LOL. Does it mean my partner will cheat? Do I have the capability of speaking reality into existence? Will I lose my father? Upon reading briefly it does talk about seeing the world through a new perspective in general, which would make sense with Jupiter in Gemini.

I'm most concerned about my career - will it help guide me to my dream job this year? Or does it mean I will miss a lot of work due to sickness?

Attachments

• Pisces Transit.jpg
    Pisces Transit.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 91

LovelyMissAries

Okay. I know a troll when I see one 🤣 Can't imagine your life has been much fun if you act this pretentious in real life.

...Maybe Jupiter in Pisces can bring you the healing you so obviously need. 🤞

Ukpoohbear

Hi LovelyMissAries, I got Covid as soon as Jupiter went into Pisces too. It makes sense what you are saying that Pisces rules hidden or mysterious illnesses and Jupiter is expansive.

LovelyMissAries

Hi LovelyMissAries, I got Covid as soon as Jupiter went into Pisces too. It makes sense what you are saying that Pisces rules hidden or mysterious illnesses and Jupiter is expansive.

Sorry to hear you had COVID! It *****, but for me it's not unbearable so I'm thankful for that. And I'm glad someone gets what I was saying, thanks.

IleneK

Premium Member
Hi, lovely, and very sorry you and ukpoohbear got covid. I can't speak to ukp since I don't have her natal chart. And this does not address your question about Jup moving into Pisces. But I would look to the ruler of your 6th house of illness, which is also in your 12th house. And we see that transiting Mars is moving through your 6th/illness and making a hard hit, an opposition, to the house's ruler, Mars. That looks to me like something that could open you to illness.
What I would say in regard to Jup moving into Pisces is that Jupiterian contacts will be purer and perhaps more forceful with Jup in Pisces, since Jup will have great ease in expression its archetypal boundless qualities for better and for worse :). And perhaps when tr Jup moves on in Pisces to square the natal ruler of your 6th, Mars, you may be more subject to or vulnerable to illness.
Looking at Jup as ruler of your 7th, I would think that its transiting into the sign of its dignity and ease of expression might point to the same in relationship...
Just a few thoughts.
Take care, I hope both of you and U recover soon and uneventfully..

PS Here is my take on an seemingly unspoken underlying issue here.
The signs don't rule, rather they describe.
The houses don't rule. They govern the domains or arenas of life, like health or illness, or the native.
The planets, they rule. The planets don or wear the signs and so are influenced by them. The house in which the planet is domiciled governs the area of the native's life.

If we look at the moderns, we might say Neptune rules mysterious, unidentifiable illness. That does not mean that the sign of Pisces does.
And we might say the 12th house is connected with mystery and our own undoing. But there is no direct correlation, no connection, between the houses and the signs [like the 12th and Pisces] or between houses and the planets[ like the 12th and Neptune]. Those associations, like Aries with the 1st and so on, are very modern and apply I think only in very limited psychological astrology delineation.

Probably way more than you wanted to know and likely many may disagree, but what I am saying simplifies and makes delineation easier to bring to bear.

Last edited:

katydid

Here is what the astrodienst newsletter says about Jup in Pisces this year:

The important impulses in January come from the signs of Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces. The events thus take place between the poles of state power, personal freedom and collective responsibility. Pluto in Capricorn has an important role to play in this, and we could get to see some distinct power politics over the next few weeks.

However, with Jupiter in Pisces (from December 29, 2021), a new and probably welcome undertone will be heard. In the coming months, we will be reminded more often than not that we are one humanity. The ideologically colored disputes of the last months lose some intensity and also allow more differentiated views again.

The first New Moon of the year on January 2 also speaks a clear language. The Capricorn New Moon trines Uranus in Taurus, and Mercury moves into Aquarius on the same day. Don't wait for better times but pragmatically try to improve your personal situation now. Your personal stability is the basis that enables you to work for others.

katydid

Your natal Jupiter squares your North Node/MC conjunction. So this Jupiter transit will be sitting on your MC/NN as it squares your Natal Jupiter. So in effect, it could help guide you to your dream career.

Having Pisces on the MC is a double edged sword. On one hand, there are so many types of careers that could be suitable for you because you are so adaptable, flexible and curious and ready to learn new things. On the other, you may feel like you bounce around a lot, due to circumstances beyond your control.

Your MC/NN is the midpoint of your Moon/Uranus trine so you can pivot quickly and adapt to circumstances and do what is expected of you if you want to take on the job. You catch on very quickly and often surprise others by how competent you can be, even when thrown into the deep end on a new experience.

At the same time, the Aries/Cap squares may make you feel uncertain and unprepared and not fully trained or confident in whatever you are doing because you are often trying new things and taking on responsibilities by the seat of your pants.

So now, as Jupiter, moves into the square to your natal Jupiter, from your 10th of career, you may make strides in working through that inner struggle. You are more talented and skilled and knowledgeable than you give yourself credit for. And now you might begin to own that wisdom and that sense of leadership and experience.

What is your dream job? Does it have to be just one profession or can you continue to learn and grow in new fields as you mature? :ninja:

Ukpoohbear

Sorry to hear you had COVID! It *****, but for me it's not unbearable so I'm thankful for that. And I'm glad someone gets what I was saying, thanks.

Are you vaccinated? I’m not and I would say it was probably a bit worse compared to my friend who is vaccinated and said it was just like a cold. It’s more like the flu for me but I’m over worst of it now thankfully :)

katydid

FYI: Pisces only represents hospital care in the most basic way, like food and beds. Pisces does not fit for infections, inflammations, plagues, viruses, or bacterial. If you got hospitalized for covid, then having Jupiter in Pisces would only increase the length of your stay at the hospital, or perhaps the use of ventilator. If you did not get hospitalized, the Jupiter/Pisces connection is not related to covid infection.

Jupiter is always prominent in the chart of death because it augments other planets, like Pluto or the 8th house of death.

https://www.emakurent.com/en/articles/astrology-of-epidemics-and-pandemics/

Neptune as the main significator

The first question that an astrologer asks in reference to a (or any) contagious disease, is: what is its planetary ruler (significator)? Whereas traditional astrologers may choose Saturn (illness and death in general) or Mars (infectious disease-causing inflammation and fever), my experience is that contagious diseases and epidemics are more accurately ruled by Neptune. There are two reasons for this: chemistry and (lack of) containment.

First, Neptune rules chemistry and poisons as well as everything that is subtle but hurtful or detrimental to our bodies. Take alcohol or drugs, for example, two classical Neptunian entities. They change the chemistry of our bodies and make us feel “unreal”, nauseous or sick. Many medicinal drugs create in us a feeling of being well when in reality we are not: aspirin will make a headache go away but the cause for the headache will still be there. Viruses invade our bodies before we are even aware of them and weaken us substantially. They are seemingly invisible, so small that they can be seen only under a microscope, but they can be deadly because they reproduce wildly and meddle with our bodily chemistry. They have this typical Neptunian trait of pulling down bodily defenses, and our immune systems have to put up a fight when faced with the threat of their invasion. Diminutive but strong, invisible but highly contagious and fatal – that is all very Neptunian.

Second, Neptune rules everything that cannot be contained or is very difficult to contain (like gasses); everything that spills over the top; everything that is a threat simply because it cannot be controlled. Viruses are such entities – the most indeterminate form of life but all the more dangerous just because of their sheer determination to reproduce and invade our bodies. Transits and progressions of Neptune tend to cause people to feel weak, tired, or lethargic.

Doctors usually can’t find a reason for their condition, and when Neptune moves away, these people start to feel good again. Thus, Neptune takes away physical strength for reasons difficult to discern. However, extremely contagious diseases are another possibility, in which case, we see a widespread, invisible attack of a quasi-alive organism (virus) deplete, dissolve, and obliterate human immune defenses. An apt signature, indeed.

SO THIS ASTROLOGER WHO IS AN EXPERT IN PANDEMICS, SAYS THAT NEPTUNE RULES PANDEMICS AND VIRUSES.

Neptune is now in Pisces, where it is domiciled. And Jupiter, the co-ruler of Pisces, is now in Pisces as well, with it's other ruler.

So I think it is safe to say that having Jupiter transiting your own Jupiter in Pisces, can have an impact upon one's safety during a world wide pandemic. :wink:

Frisiangal

https://www.emakurent.com/en/articles/astrology-of-epidemics-and-pandemics/

Neptune as the main significator

Etc.......etc.
[/I]

SO THIS ASTROLOGER WHO IS AN EXPERT IN PANDEMICS, SAYS THAT NEPTUNE RULES PANDEMICS AND VIRUSES.

I almost jumped off my seat for joy when reading this.
Seems I'm not insane in following what i was taught at med. astro. school, after all (Mercury BQ Neptune!).

Neptune also mutates ....it changes form, as does the virus. Jupiter in Pisces may well expand but hopefully the good side will be that the effects will be milder. 🤞

IleneK

Premium Member
Ilene, would you say the flavor of the above changes depending on the ruler’s relationship to the sign? In the case of signs with double rulership (Scorpio, Aquarius, Pisces) the sign effectively crosses those rulerships and reflects a unique alliance of powers. So it would be kind of a big deal when both rulers are home!

My combination of traditional and modern study forms my personal conclusion that the Ur, Nep and Pl do not have rulership over any signs. They've been in human consciousness for too little time for that to have be properly established. Again, my personal opinion only.
I do recognize the impact and the symbolism of the Ur, Nep and Pluto, but I still see Mars as ruler of Aries and Scorp, Jup as ruler of Sag and Pi and Saturn as the ruler of Cap and Aq.

That said, if I did view that two different planets rule the same sign, I agree with you that it would be worth considering their special impact when they were both in their dignity at the same time. I

Frisiangal

There’s always someone on the planet who will be available to support any idea, anyone might have, to support one’s viewpoint---AND YOU WILL FIND IT ON THE INTERNET.

Watch the movie: DON’T LOOK UP.

In the 1980's when meeting the young non-astrologically minded husband of a fellow student, he made the comment, 'no one has an original thought.' It's always stayed with me and seemed to be acknowledged years later by a sign in a pub that read, 'inventions usually happen by accident.' :biggrin::biggrin:

IleneK

Premium Member
Thank you! I go back and forth myself and use co-rulerships in personal astrology, a bit uneasily and unevenly as is characteristic of evolution.

Do you happen to remember where the co-rulerships originated?

I really don't know when or how the modern rulerships were determined. It would be interesting to know....

katydid

A pandemic is not a personal connection to getting covid by having Jupiter move into Pisces. You are confusing mundane astrology with personal horoscopes. Sorry. It's an easy thing to miss if you only do personal charts.

Mundane Astrology is the astrology of world events and nations, and is actually more related to esoteric astrology than it is to personal astrology.

But in any case, he’s stretching things for an article. Epidemics are not poisons and chemistry which is what he says. Poisons have traditionally been in the 12th house.

Epidemics are ruled by Pluto and Mars. BTW, he’s not that famous.

What makes you think I am confused about Mundane astrology and I 'only' do personal horoscopes? :unsure:

I have studied astrology, in many forms, for over 50 years. I have taken classes from Dane Rudyhar, Robert Hand , Angel Thompsen and many others. Attended numerous Astrology Conferences. I studied with my teacher, Marion March, for a decade, and we studied mundane, horary and natal astrology.

So please, try and be more accepting of other's discussion points. :wink:

katydid

But in any case, he’s stretching things for an article...

It is NOT a he. It was written by a very well respected, world renowned Astrologer:

EMA KURENT,
DFAstrolS, QHP, CMA, ISAR CAP

Qualifications

Her professional qualifications are D.F. Astrol. S. (Diploma Faculty of Astrological Studies, 1990), Q.H.P. (Qualified Horary Practitioner, 1993), CMA (Certified Medieval Astrologer, 2004) and ISAR CAP (Certified Astrological Professional from International Society of Astrological Research, 2010). She was among the most talented students at the FAS and received a gold medal for the best overall diploma work. She has had additional training in locational astrology. She also holds BA in English and German languages from the University in Ljubljana.

Teaching

She was the first to teach astrology in her country (1989). In 1999, she founded Astrological Academy Stella, a 3- year program consisting of 9 individual courses for which she also wrote 9 accompanying manuals. Her students who successfuly pass the diploma exam receive the title DAstrolS. There is hardly an astrologer in her country who hasn’t done at least part of her training. Since 2012, her school is ISAR-affiliated, meaning that its program meets the high educational standards that this international astrological association sets to astrology schools worldwide.

Books and articles

Her book Sonce in Luna (The Sun and the Moon – 144 astrological combinations) which first came out in Slovenian language in 1997, soon became a bestseller and was republished in 2004. Due to a relatively small number of Slovenian speaking astrologers (there are only some two million people speaking her native language) she has never published her 9 comprehensive manuals in Slovenian. In 2015, her book Horarna astrologija was published in Slovenian and was subsequently translated into English to be published in 2019 as Horary Astrology: Your Ultimate Horary Textbook with 124 Example Cases. She has been publishing a yearly publication Lunin vodnik (Moon Guide) for 17 consecutive years whereas her latest English publications are Daily Moon 2021 and Daily Moon 2022 – an abridged version of her Lunin vodnik which comes in four editions, applicable to four different world regions (ie time zones). She has made numerous TV-appearances and interviews in Slovenian and English press. In 2007, she participated in the Dancing With The Stars TV show. Dozens of her astrological articles in English language have been published in The Horary Practitioner, Traditional Astrologer, The Mountain Astrologer, AA Journal, ISAR Journal, The Midheaven Magazine, NCGR Newsletter, NCGR Special Editions and elsewhere, and have so far been translated into Spanish and Chinese.

Other

She is a NCGR (National Council for Geocosmic Research), ISAR (International Society of Astrological Reasearch) and AFAN (Association of Astrological Networking) member. She spoke at the 3rd Balkan Conference in Belgrade in 2003, three times at the Slovenian international astrology congress (2010, 2011 and 2020), at the AA Conference in Great Britain (2012 and 2017), at the United Astrology Congress (New Orleans, 2012), at the 24th, 25th and 26th International Astrology Conferences of the Krishnamurti Institute of Astrology in Calcutta India (2014, 2015, 2016), at the ISAR 2014 Conference in Phoenix, USA, in Poland (2015), South Africa (2015), at ISAR Symposium in Costa Mesa, Ca, 2016, at the Astrological Lodge of London (2012 and 2017), at the 42nd Annual International Astrological Conference in New Delhi (2019) and to the Brighton Astrology Circle ( 2012 and 2017). She has also participated in several online conferences and interviews.

Those are her qualifications. And you are accusing her of knowing very little and just stretching things to write an article? :smile:

katydid

A pandemic is not a personal connection to getting covid by having Jupiter move into Pisces. You are confusing mundane astrology with personal horoscopes. Sorry. It's an easy thing to miss if you only do personal charts.

Mundane Astrology is the astrology of world events and nations, and is actually more related to esoteric astrology than it is to personal astrology.

But in any case, he’s stretching things for an article. Epidemics are not poisons and chemistry which is what he says. Poisons have traditionally been in the 12th house.

Epidemics are ruled by Pluto and Mars. BTW, he’s not that famous.

"Epidemics are ruled by Pluto and Mars"

If you read her article, you could see that she added Pluto to the mix:

According to my research, all the worst epidemics and pandemics in recent, recorded history have manifested in times of Neptune–Pluto or Neptune–Saturn major aspects in longitude, declination or latitude, or the involvement of Neptune or any of the two pairs of planets in a major eclipse. Often, the trigger can be Neptune’s arrival at a critical degree: the equator, the ecliptic, a station, or the degree of its peak (maximum declination or latitude degree/minute).

The involvement of Pluto more often escalates an epidemic into a pandemic. Epidemics also tend to develop into pandemics in the years of minor and major lunar standstills, and when the monthly lunar peak is 23.5˚. While these, lunar phenomena, indicate extremes of all kinds (from natural disasters and mass suffering to major breakthroughs in science) in this article I demonstrate how they relate to outbreaks of epidemics and pandemics.

[ If you review the article you will see that she did a tremendous amount of research to back up her assertions. The graphs are there which follow all of the known pandemics and epidemics going back hundreds of years, worldwide. ]

IleneK

Premium Member
Found something! This astrologer and homeopath attributes the first assignation to Sepharial, and traces a few others. He is using transplutonian planets to reach a base 12 system which I have no experience with but intend to test as his psychological theory is interesting.
http://www.simillimum.org/astrologia/en/constitutional-astrology/revised-rulership-in-astrology/

I appreciate your helping me be informed on the history of thought surrounding rulerships of the three modern planets, and I find it very interesting. It also point outs to me, personally, that the work done to determine rulerships of the modern outer planets is not conclusively decided. However, you have given me food for thought.

Thank you for this reference,passiflora.