Venus & The Things That You Like

tautomer

Kind of going off of the mercury/communication idea thread. What about Venus. Venus rules all of the things we like. The things we find pleasant, aesthetically pleasing, the art we are drawn to, etc.

So, what sign and house is your Venus in? What aspects does it make? Then, what are the things that you like? What do you enjoy most and why do you like it? Further, how do you think this personally manifests in your Venus?

Discuss! :)

The_Saturnian

12th house Venus (which I originally thought was in my 1st house) Gemini. Secrecy is big part of my life in general. My love life has never stable.

Cascada

Kind of going off of the mercury/communication idea thread. What about Venus. Venus rules all of the things we like. The things we find pleasant, aesthetically pleasing, the art we are drawn to, etc.

So, what sign and house is your Venus in? What aspects does it make? Then, what are the things that you like? What do you enjoy most and why do you like it? Further, how do you think this personally manifests in your Venus?

Discuss! :)

Hmm, well in my spare time I sing, write songs and do other things associated with the arts, like drawing. I love to write also- fantasy novels, poetry, anything that gets my imagination and creativity going. I love to indulge in my imagination. I also love anything mysterious, like tarot cards and palmistry, etc. I'm a really curious person and love to learn new things all the time. I love psychology and philosophy also. My Venus is in Virgo 2nd house (2nd house rules the voice?), Mercury is in Scorpio, 4th house. I have Venus conj. Moon which rules my 12th house of arts and imagination and all of the other stuff associated with the 12th. Venus trine Neptune and Uranus (in Capricorn, obviously), exactly conjunct in the 5th. And then I have Venus sextile Pluto (Scorpio), conj. Mercury in the 4th. I'm also trying to take up a new hobby- exercising :tongue: I'm quite an unhealthy person, and yet my Venus in Virgo likes to keep healthy, especially as it is connected to my passionate Scorpio Mars.

What about you :smile:?

Tamara

I have venus in libra in the 11th house (placidus system). my venus sextiles mercury, saturn and squares neptune.
I like classic art, classical style. maybe more conservative than modern. I really can`t stand modern design in houses. All this light, space, but it`s more because of my moon than venus. I pay great attention to manners in people! Venus in libra really shows what i like but it`s kind of superficial. It doesn`t show what makes me feel good.

Blackempress

I have been thinking on these lines too. I noticed Venus determining some of our interests. I have Venus in Gemini in 3rd. I enjoy talking & have an inherent ability to analyse & bring people out of their caves. I am lively, cool, mentally agile & terrific at multi-tasking. But perhaps due to a heavy combination of air- Mercury, moon, Venus I find it hard to 'stick' to something.

I am socially versatile too able to walk with all kinds of people. I love art & words are the key to my heart. :love:

Since I find Aquarius Venus very attractive, I've seen that they are mentally apt with more subjects than myself & take interest in politics & handle it well besides many other areas.

Last edited:

tautomer

12th house Venus (which I originally thought was in my 1st house) Gemini. Secrecy is big part of my life in general. My love life has never stable.

Well, what about the things that you like? You didn't really answer the question :)

Hmm, well in my spare time I sing, write songs and do other things associated with the arts, like drawing. I love to write also- fantasy novels, poetry, anything that gets my imagination and creativity going. I love to indulge in my imagination. I also love anything mysterious, like tarot cards and palmistry, etc. I'm a really curious person and love to learn new things all the time. I love psychology and philosophy also. My Venus is in Virgo 2nd house (2nd house rules the voice?), Mercury is in Scorpio, 4th house. I have Venus conj. Moon which rules my 12th house of arts and imagination and all of the other stuff associated with the 12th. Venus trine Neptune and Uranus (in Capricorn, obviously), exactly conjunct in the 5th. And then I have Venus sextile Pluto (Scorpio), conj. Mercury in the 4th. I'm also trying to take up a new hobby- exercising :tongue: I'm quite an unhealthy person, and yet my Venus in Virgo likes to keep healthy, especially as it is connected to my passionate Scorpio Mars.

The second house does indeed rule the voice, if I remember correctly. Although it's exact ruler is up for debate from what I remember. This would indeed make sense that you garner enjoyment out of singing. Not to be confused with communication (the 3rd). Singing is more of an emotional and expression process than a mental one, so this also fits even in the absence of the voice being connected to the second. Having venus in virgo would create a drive to be aware of ones health. You seeking exersize shows that. The fact that you have venus in the second though could show that your lack of desire to do it right away is because of the second houses desire for comfort and placid conditions; it doesn't want to get off it's butt easily, haha.

Yes venus trine neptune is going to add a watery flavor to your very earthy venus placement. It explains the being drawn to the mysterious. Also explains being adept at using your imagination and getting joy from being able to utealize it well! I'm in a way jealous that have beneficial neptune aspects and placements. All of mine are bad. As a result I am drawn to rather neptunian-like people. Having it conjunct the moon as well will mean that the things you like will always have some sort of emotional link, or it will require some sort of emotional component. If that's absent, it's doubtful you will enjoy it much.

My venus is in Gemini in the 8th house. It's conjunct mercury, conjunct jupiter, and inconjunct neptune.

I am, first and foremost, drawn to anything that is different, off-kilter, bizzare, creepy, and unique. Anything that stands out. This goes for art, music, food, people. Pretty much everything. I love people with strong personalities that often stick out in a crowd without trying. Normality is boring to me. What I like on a detailed level emerges mostly in art forms. My favorite form of art is surrealism. On a deeper level, I just connect with it. It feels like surrealism is a external manifestation of what my internal world is like. It's sort of like a release.

Here's two photo examples (although I could post hundereds as there is no way to capture it all in just one):

Michael+Cheval++2.jpg

Sea_Song_pub.jpg

It shows up in music too. Here is a wonderful example that captures everything in sound and visual!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW89Pv8QrX4

The fact that I have venus in gemini means I am going to get a lot of joy out of anything that relates to communicating and or connecting with others. Which I do. Having venus in gemini means I will be drawn to anything with whimizical twist, and I will possess that as well. With it being placed in the 8th house it adds a layer of depth and dark to it. Which shows up as well. Anything with an eerie edge to I love. I have this fascination with freaking out and or disturbing myself in some regard. Anything that makes me recoil a little; I like it. Sort of like a wow effect. Blend it together and you get all of what I explained above!

aquarius7000

Hi,

You have stirred my interest into asking if Ura aspects your Ven or Mer, Tautomer, from your description: off-kilter, bizzare, creepy, and unique?

Cascada, your e.g. clearly shows how much aspects can totally 'colour' a planet. While reading through your post, I was like, hmm: this is a Piscean Ven, or one that is closely aspected by a Piscean/watery Moon or the likes of Nep. And, then I read you saying: Mer in Virgo.... That bugged me a bit until I reached the Nep and Ven-Moon part of your post.:) This shows how very unapt it is to just mention the sign of a planet, and try to discern its qualities imbibed in the native by that in a natal chart. A Virgo Ven is too close to reality and into mundane, tangible details to get into 'fairytale' stuff. It needs the colouring of Nep or a softer Moon, etc to carry it away from the routine rut for some time.

:)AQ7

gen6k

Mercury conjunction Venus orb +1°04'
Venus inconjunction Uranus orb +0°34'
Venus conjunction Jupiter orb +7°25'
Moon trine Venus orb -7°08'
Venus bi-quintile Neptune orb -0°44'
Sun conjunction Venus orb +10°36

Venus at Gemini 5 in the 11th house

for women, i dont like the standard "hot" look, but rather the sophisticated honor roll girl look.

im considered venusian, and my ruler is also venus. since its placed in the 11th house, it might be too wacky for some people.

in paintings i enjoy basically the classic avant-garde, introducing a new form at its height. i guess the same concept for most art.

i actually have a self-effacing aesthetic in several segments of life for example messiness, irrationality in people, aymmetrical forms, missed-precision, etc.

the aesthetic image of myself is close to an ideological perversion and exploration of aesthetic framing, but i dont necessaily want that for other people. but i don't enjoy naivete or intellectualism as is.

one thing that i definetly don't understand in entirety is the complex, desolate and arbitrary probing scenarios of plutonian themes. it is too amorphous yet it seems like it is pointing to an otherworldy realm of significant "data?".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OK1kDLj8MM&feature=youtu.be

ive seen these kind of themes with several scorpios my opposite sign.

this is simple

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LseSx_hPJyQ

Last edited:

Cascada

Hi,

You have stirred my interest into asking if Ura aspects your Ven or Mer, Tautomer, from your description: off-kilter, bizzare, creepy, and unique?

Cascada, your e.g. clearly shows how much aspects can totally 'colour' a planet. While reading through your post, I was like, hmm: this is a Piscean Ven, or one that is closely aspected by a Piscean/watery Moon or the likes of Nep. And, then I read you saying: Mer in Virgo.... That bugged me a bit until I reached the Nep and Ven-Moon part of your post.:) This shows how very unapt it is to just mention the sign of a planet, and try to discern its qualities imbibed in the native by that in a natal chart. A Virgo Ven is too close to reality and into mundane, tangible details to get into 'fairytale' stuff. It needs the colouring of Nep or a softer Moon, etc to carry it away from the routine rut for some time.

It's true, I've never really related to my Virgo Venus. I was literally 3 degrees away from being a Libra Venus, though. My Moon is at 0 degrees Libra, so I guess there's a blend of Virgo/Libra there in my moon sign. I guess, in the sense that the communicating planet Mercury rules Virgo, it slightly makes sense for the writing hobbies I have. I like my Neptune placement and it's aspects though, it kind of overrides the Virgo-ness lol. My troublesome Sun square Neptune gives my imagination a boost, I believe, as well as other factors. I also heard someone with Libra sun AND moon are supposed to be artistically inclined? meh.
Sighhh, I'd love to have my Venus in Pisces though! Haha :tongue:

Last edited:

The_Saturnian

Well, what about the things that you like? You didn't really answer the question :)
I do love poerty and do spend quite a lot of time trying to rhyme different words. Strangely enough I do seem to make words rhyme which sort of form a verse of a poem/song. Though I can't draw/paint I seem to adore looking at art and things that are very colourful especially if the object is covered with lots and lots of very light colours.

I must also confess that I am a rather a big flirt with women (Venus being in Gemini). No matter how much I try to resist doing it, I struggle to avoid doing it.

persephone5

My venus is in sagittarius in conjunction with the sun,merc,uranus, opposite chiron and trine my asc. It is in house 5.

I love animals of all kinds. I love reading. I love the outdoors. I love to travel. I'd travel the world all the time if I could. When picking a travel destination I go for landscape, architecture, culture and good food. I love art and love making things but I rarely do it anymore. I like drawing and taking photos. I like observing things. I love good food and like trying new things. I love playing games. I love to laugh and have fun! I like history and anything old.

I like people who are okay just being themselves, whatever that is. People who seem authentic and real. Who aren't afraid of appearing stupid or clumsy or basically less than ideal sometimes. (partly because I deal with that issue). I appreciate well-rounded people and people who can relax and have fun and who accept others.

I love all art in general but I especially love classical art, because of the skill involved and attention to detail and because so much of it has influenced so much more after it. I also looove surreal art or anything strange. Modern art is very hit or miss with me though. I am not a very abstract person so I have to be able to at least guess with some sort of accuracy what I am actually looking at!

I also love literature. For some reason, I love 19th century novels. Not all, to be sure, but I love the classics. I have read a ton of them. I tend to go for anything before the 50s or 60s. I also love reading world literature, partly because it makes me understand their culture better and learn a bit of history, whether it be social, political...I love learning in general but never did well in school. I am curious about everything.

I tend to go for anything weird, unusual or dark. Even as a young child I liked odd things.

Last edited:
hey hi veryone i am pretty new to here, but i would like to share(flaunt):tongue: my venus

My venus is placed in 10th house in libra(own sign).
so my proffesion is preety much venus governed.

i work on aesthetics and smiles. dentist. not exactly a venus proffesion like entertainment or beautification but yeah somewhat related.

and in proffesional front i am more inclined towards aethetics and less on the other parts.

another thing which is said about venus placed in 10th house> that person will meet spouse/ significan other at work place. i cannot justify this thing right now cause it has not happened yet.

i have active interest in sculpting and specifically for human face and features such as nose eyes cheeks lips and fine details which are responsible for why somethings appeals the human eye.

according to my family and friends i have an eye for beauty whether its about decoating home or appreciating /criticising someonething related to art. and yes attractive to opposite sex but yeah that attraction is limited to proffesional field and environment. may be it just works on my proffesional apsect cause ts placed in 10th house or may be i just have interaction with people on proffesional front.

for a change to be noticed for a venus person i likemusic but not as much as a venus person should like, though i have interest in field of cinema/ movies and my appreciations and criticism and observations in this field is widely accepted but on personal front i dont hav eto do much with music acting or entertainment stuff

it also aspects my 4th house, house for comforts, residence and conveynce. :innocent: i wonder how venus affects this house.

comments and your thoughts are welcome i am attaching both vedic and western birth chart

Attachments

• vedic chart.jpg
    vedic chart.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 27
  • astro_w2at_01_bharat_hp.61160.21690[1].gif
    astro_w2at_01_bharat_hp.61160.21690[1].gif
    54.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

aquarius7000

Hi

My Moon is at 0 degrees Libra, so I guess there's a blend of Virgo/Libra there in my moon sign.....
Cascada, IMO, if your TOB is correct, and Moon is in Libra, then it is in Libra. The "writing down" can come from the Virgo Mer that likes to methodically jot things down, even if it is poetry. Mer, esp coming from its own two signs, likes to write.

Ilene, I agree with you in return. I also feel even if I just look at the mains aspects (trine, sextile, square, opp, conjunction and inconjunct), we can get enough information, but that's just my opinion.

My venus is in sagittarius in conjunction with the sun,merc,uranus, opposite chiron and trine my asc. It is in house 5.

I love animals of all kinds. I love reading. I love the outdoors. I love to travel. I'd travel the world all the time if I could. When picking a travel destination I go for landscape, architecture, culture and good food. I love art and love making things but I rarely do it anymore. I like drawing and taking photos. I like observing things. I love good food and like trying new things. I love playing games. I love to laugh and have fun! I like history and anything old.

I like people who are okay just being themselves, whatever that is. People who seem authentic and real. Who aren't afraid of appearing stupid or clumsy or basically less than ideal sometimes. (partly because I deal with that issue). I appreciate well-rounded people and people who can relax and have fun and who accept others.

I love all art in general but I especially love classical art, because of the skill involved and attention to detail and because so much of it has influenced so much more after it. I also looove surreal art or anything strange. Modern art is very hit or miss with me though. I am not a very abstract person so I have to be able to at least guess with some sort of accuracy what I am actually looking at!

I also love literature. For some reason, I love 19th century novels. Not all, to be sure, but I love the classics. I have read a ton of them. I tend to go for anything before the 50s or 60s. I also love reading world literature, partly because it makes me understand their culture better and learn a bit of history, whether it be social, political...I love learning in general but never did well in school. I am curious about everything.

I tend to go for anything weird, unusual or dark. Even as a young child I liked odd things.

in my view:
venus has 3 conjuncts so its behaviour will adversely affect many phase of ur life.
venus conjunct with uranus gives u that liking for weird unusual and dark stuff.
and this will be active only in young or old age. which may be is not very good for old age.
venus conjunct sun i dont know whether i shd say this or not but whenever u think u are having trouble with father/boss/ sun figures u shd strengthen venus like wear white,wear perfumes,neat hair

and same can be used to take anykindof advantage from the boss/father/sun figures

this will work no matter where and how ur sun is.
and also your spouse should have an earning from a source of venussun and ,mercury . in this combination sun and mercury will hav most of effect so yeah you spouses income is related to sun and mercury sourcethings

PS: pls for oour knowledge to grow and strengthen , try replying if the mentioned things hold any existence/ truth.

:joyful::joyful:

I cee

My venus is in bountiful sagg quintile mars and uranus, squ pluto. Pluto in 1st house, venus conjuncts ic, hence my user name.
I love space, big skies, woods, nature, design that mimicks natures form.
I also love the dark side of nature, pluto!
Love to change my style.....1st house pluto conj Asc.
Often I can predict the styles that are going to come in, I just can, I see them, feel them, I act on this in my creative projects.
But when a style comes in, if everyone else takes it up......thats it, I don't wanna know.
Uranus!.....also 1st house, I like impact and uniqueness.
I like the new, although I respect the traditional, classic styles too, but with a twist!
If you look at all design, its based on what came before, but inherently changed for the here and now, I see this as saturn meeting uranus in a positive way.
I like eclectic, new meets old.
I get all, or most of my creative inspiration from nature, the colours, forms, camouflage that it uses, maybe this is my earthy chart combined with fire Sagg
With a imaginative moon sq neptune, I'm a women, its difficult to leave out the moon, I'm gonna like what makes me feel safe and happy!
Is there a connection?
Moon in taurus in 9th house which is saggies house.
Taurus.....tactile!
Neptune in scorpio, jup in scorpio ruled by pluto.
Jupiter in taurus's house.
Moon trines pluto.
My moon is at apex of yod inconjunct sun in sagg and jup in scorpio
Sun orb of 8* conjuncts venus.

Last edited:

brooke24

Hi ..great post!

I love * Fashion, designer clothing, sweets and chocolate, gardening, pottery, ceramic art, exquisite FOOD, cooking, baking, sewing and making clothes, collecting antiques.

Venus in Aries in the 2nd house (Taurus) xx

Shining_star

My Venus is in Scorpio in the 6th house...

I Like the internet, all types of food, girls...

I think its because Venus rules my 5th house and my 2nd house, lol :happy:

Zonark

Leo Venus, 7th house, conjunct Jupiter and quincunx Uranus. I like my girlfriend, being creative, cooking (that'd be Jupiter in Cancer, 29th degree and Venus is 4 degrees in Leo), seeing people smile, having something to be proud of, expressing my beliefs, the smell of autumn and most kinds of pie.

Yep.

Kuntuzangmo

I love so many things it's hard to list.
In terms of the arts, I paint, write, film, photography, poetry...love music, dance etc...
I love fine antiques, art, fashion, architecture... but cannot afford my taste.

Venus in libra, 3rd h.
quintile saturn
sextile uranus
trine chiron
quintile ascendant
oppose midheaven

Ixaee

I have Venus in Sagittarius, 5th house

Foreigners (non-Americans), culture, exploring sacred site/temples/cathedrals (even though I am not religious myself), stage art, traveling, parties that have a deeper cause behind them, children and philosophy all have a soft spot within me..

I'm very true to sign and a typical Venus in Sag/5th house :cool: