2nd opinion on 8th house interpretation

Charlie

Hi guys, I'd really appreciate a second opinion on my 8th house Venus conjunct Uranus and Neptune. Or to hear about any experiences of this kind of placement from others?

I've struggled with relationships which I've often tried (and failed) to keep secret from my family because I'm attracted to guys that don't fit the bill! :love: Drug addict, uni drop outs and manual labourers to name a few :love: - my parents hate it cause I'm an ivy league girl. I think this has a lot to do with my Venus conjunct Uranus and Neptune in 8th; idealisation of unsuitable partners and the thrill of secrecy? :devil:

I'm looking for ways to deal with this as this aspect actually forms a kite pattern with my MC (yikes!) and caused a lot of heartache :sad:

Greatly appreciate hearing any other experiences of the 8th house too!

Last edited:

retinoid

I think your analysis is correct with the eighth house. The eighth house is more what you want with these experiences (the unusual). You will meet and most likely marry a foreigner or meet him in a foreign country. And it will be a very good relationship.

Charlie

I think your analysis is correct with the eighth house. The eighth house is more what you want with these experiences (the unusual). You will meet and most likely marry a foreigner or meet him in a foreign country. And it will be a very good relationship.

Thanks for confirming retinoid and also the positive spin on meeting someone foreign - it all seems so negative in the 8th sometimes!

urano

Since you mention a certain kind of guys (you said: "Drug addict, uni drop outs and manual labourers to name a few") I think you could also take a look at your Mars: in your chart it is in fall in Cancer sign and retrograde, therefore not "the perfect Mars" your parents could hope for you. :smile:
And be careful concerning your money, Mars is in your 2th House (your purse).

Charlie

Since you mention a certain kind of guys (you said: "Drug addict, uni drop outs and manual labourers to name a few") I think you could also take a look at your Mars: in your chart it is in fall in Cancer sign and retrograde, therefore not "the perfect Mars" your parents could hope for you. :smile:
And be careful concerning your money, Mars is in your 2th House (your purse).

Thanks for the reply urano :smile: I've tended to avoid looking at Mars because as you noticed it's not that well placed. Do you have any idea how I could make this retrograde planet work in my favour? Seems I need boundaries on men AND money :surprised: ouch.

JUPITERASC

Thanks for the reply urano :smile: I've tended to avoid looking at Mars because as you noticed it's not that well placed.
Do you have any idea how I could make this retrograde planet work in my favour?
Seems I need boundaries on men AND money :surprised: ouch.
That's good deduction Charlie :smile:
Next step is to analyse the condition of natal Mars

Vettius Valens description on retrograde planets is graphic:
i.e.
When a planet is in the interval of first station to second station
(i.e. retrograde)
the planet "is not fit to conduct its business"
because it is “walking backwards”
and
clearly business is not easy to conduct when "walking backwards"

R4VEN

Charlie, I also agree with your assessment of the Venus/Uranus/Neptune stellium in your 8th house. Venus-Neptune is one who perhaps sees `something else' in your love interests that others - eg, your parents - are unable to see, and unsuitable, yes. Also the involvement of Uranus brings in your attraction to the unusual, and perhaps a small intention to shock others by your choices, even if this is an unconscious choice.

The other thing which jumped out at me was your Chiron in Leo opposing your Aqua Moon. Chiron in square, opposition or conjunction to your Moon generally is an indication of one having poor boundaries, usually as a result of someone (generally your mother - indicated by the Moon, and given your Moon is in Aquarius, not doubt your mother is rather intellectual, cool and perhaps somewhat remote emotionally) having invaded your boundaries early in life. The kind of thing I am describing here can be anything from entering your room without your permission, and perhaps going through your stuff, to perhaps inappropriate sexual talk or behaviour in your presence. It is difficult to cover all possibilities in a written post, but you probably get my drift.

Note also Jupiter's square to Uranus/Neptune, which can render this pair erratic in their expression. That is, you can tend to be confident and focused, and then just as easily throw away what you have worked hard for. I suspect there is something deep and hidden behind this tendency to choose `unsuitable' men. We are attracted to people for all kinds of reasons, many of which are hidden from our conscious minds. You may have an unconscious drive to be doing this because it will freak out your parents. I suspect that when you get in touch with why it is you are attracted to these kinds of men then you will be less inclined to make choices which are that extreme.

JUPITERASC

Charlie keep in mind the 8th House associations :smile:

'....All matters relating to death, decay, fear, anxiety and loss.
Unexpected inheritance, wills, legacies and testaments of the deceased
(note that paternity - wealth from the parents - is also shown by the 4th house).
Money belonging to a partner, spouse or other party.
Financial obligations, debts, taxes, loans, losses, money owed to others.
Traditional astrology relates the eighth house to crisis, hidden matters, anguish of mind and fear
It is wise to avoid any financial gambles or high-risk activities
during periods when this house is heavily emphasised...'
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h8.html

Charlie

That's good deduction Charlie :smile:
Next step is to analyse the condition of natal Mars

Vettius Valens description on retrograde planets is graphic:
i.e.
When a planet is in the interval of first station to second station
(i.e. retrograde)
the planet "is not fit to conduct its business"
because it is “walking backwards”
and
clearly business is not easy to conduct when "walking backwards"

Thanks for the visual interpretation and 8th house roundup JupiterAsc! The idea of 'walking backwards' could explain why I'm really slow to learn from poor choices/ mistakes, it's quite frustrating :annoyed: maybe I should just keep walking holding wing mirrors :tongue:

Charlie

You may have an unconscious drive to be doing this because it will freak out your parents. I suspect that when you get in touch with why it is you are attracted to these kinds of men then you will be less inclined to make choices which are that extreme.

Thank you R4VEN for all this insight - there's a lot if truth in there. Incorporating Uranus in this stellium was always tricky but your interpretation (the desire to intentionally shock others with my choices) makes sense - although I hate to acknowledge this! I've often been left wracked with guilt because of my actions so being aware of unconscious desires may go a long way to changing this behaviour.

I totally get your drift and the bond with my mother is very close (I would go so far to say she is one of my best friends) which is both positive and negative. It's hard to know where the boundary lines fall in such a relationship but I'm now learning to work with it rather than attempting to rebel and shock. :innocent:

You've really given me a lot to think about. Thank you! :smile: