Mercury in 12th/learning disabilities.please help.

shilonn

i`ve always have a hard time learning new things..i struggled in school..i just could not understand..and my mind is very restless..opening a book trying to understand something i just start to feel very distressed like i cant breath..my mind just "blocks" everything.

i learned to speak english at age 7 because i watched bold and the beautiful every day..thank you ridge..i love you:tongue:

so when i went to school i understood it very well.i never read the books..or my homework..i just watched tv and i learned it that way. and i always get A on exams.

other i was successful was music and arts. but when it comes to learning anything other i`m lost.i just cant do it.

so the problem is how do i overcome this? i dont have any kind of education and in order to have any kind of future i need to study. i just dont know how will i overcome my learning disabilities?

advise would be needed...and if someone has the knowledge of mercury in 12th? i`ve read that i might mean difficulties in learning.

thank you.

Attachments

• natal chart shillon.jpg
    natal chart shillon.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 89

moonsong7

I don't think you have a learning disability as much as you may be studying the wrong things. Everyone has different strengths and subjects they're good at.

Mercury's in 12th house, which is a water house, pisces. Seems like it'd give a mercury-neptune feel, so your strength is communicating/learning in an intuitive, artsy way with an emotional basis. You're in tune with the collective and may not enjoy focused learning.

You also have a taurus mc with neptune trine it, so art field or somewhere you can be hands-on, express yourself would suit you well.

shilonn

i`m now 28.and as i said i dont have any kind of education. but in my country it`s nothing unusual to study "late" age...and education is free.

i never knew what i want..or what i would be good at..but now i know...but the problem is that i would need to study for years..to being able to do that work..and i can`t..last time in school i got an F on every class..except music,sports,arts and english...

my school leaving certificate was BAD..but i didn`t study...i just skipped all the classes cause school is not for me..because i dont learn that way...i have a different way of learning..but now i would need to find a way to be able to study...in order to have education and do what i want to do...

i just dont know how i can overcome this..:sad:

Last edited:

shilonn

come on guys,there must be someone with 12th house mercury.

I haven`t found any discussion about this,and any personal experiences would be very appreciated:eek:

gnoc

advise would be needed...and if someone has the knowledge of mercury in 12th? i`ve read that i might mean difficulties in learning.

thank you.

Hi mate, as 12th house tends to hide stuffs, mercury in 12 could means that the person tends to hide his thoughts and keep his opinions or ideas to himself.

Let's go back to your question of learning with "mercury in 12". We could say that you prefer symbols(or pictures) than words perhaps. You may also has a hard time communicate properly in a clear and direct way with others in your young years. You may not like to discuss with others as it will tired you so you may prefers to learn on your own.

Apart from that, two house also rules learning(or educations) i.e. 3rd & 9th. While 3rd house represents early years of educations, 9th house reflects higher education.

For Pluto in 3rd house, having an analytical mind which can't take people at their words easily, you may prefers self-learning than learning from others. (similar to mercury in 12th as mentioned above)

For chiron in 9th house, you may sometimes stress yourself out in the areas of learning.

Finally mercury bad aspect with Pluto, do you consider yourself to be a perfectionist? Perhaps with a compulsive attitude? Does this happens in your learning aspects too?

Hope that could shed some light per subject.

BTW, out of curiosity, do you have any siblings? Do you get along well with them? Any bad luck with traffic overall in your life?

peacelover

I have mercury in 12th house with sun :sick: and i have the exact same problem. i was never good in academics. its like no matter how hard i tried i could never be good in studies...

gnoc what did u mean by:
"BTW, out of curiosity, do you have any siblings? Do you get along well with them? Any bad luck with traffic overall in your life?"

how does mercury in 12th house connected to relationship with siblings.

Unni

I have Mercury, Sun and Mars in 12th house. I didn't had many troubles studying. History gave me headaches, and the only way I was able to learn it was through drawing the tale of the lesson. However, I graduated with academic excellence. It wouldn't matter if the course was easy/hard to learn, I was determined to do the best I can do.

As many say, having Mercury in 12th makes you spend many hours introspecting.

I'm going to list you some quotes from a book I've read. The book is called "The secret self" - by Tracy Marks and it puts emphasis on the 12th house. You can find it online.

Mercury in the twelfth house may incline you to ramble in speech rather than directly express your thoughts. With Mercury or Jupiter here, you may feel threatened by the mental abilities, beliefs or methods of communication of other people, and may hesitate to share what you are really thinking.

Because you are self-critical, anxious and prone to worrying, you may experience a high degree of nervous tension which may interfere with your ability to concentrate or focus your attention upon one project.

A twelfth house Mercury may indicate that you never felt free to communicate with your family, or that they treated you as mentally inferior.

Read this book. It will be of a lot of help to you.

shilonn

i would not describe myself as a perfectionist...as i explained earlier the information that comes in...it`s like it comes right in and out...nothing stays in my head..and last time when i took private lessons for spanish she tried to teach me slowly but i felt nothing stays in my head..i cant remember...then i start to get really distressed inside of my head and i just dont learn.

i dont even read books..i have tried but all that text...i`m just jumping all over with my eyes..and i just start to feel distressed again...it`s hard to explain..

when it comes to my pluto-mercury square i think that makes me obsess about things.i tend to obsess about old things..like someone who bullies me...i think about those things almost everyday..and worry about the i cant let go..or forget about them.

but it also makes me find information.whren i`m REALLY interested about something i will find and i will not stop before i find what i`m looking for.
for example there was this quite rare african language.there was no dictionary in bookstores.because it`s rare. so i needed to find out this one word.i search the internet for days and days non stop.till i finally found it.

so this is how it also works for me.

also being very quiet as a child..having hard time to speak because being afraid to speak. it`s still the same but not as bad.i have started to talk to strangers.but in big groups of people i just panic.i am very lonely in big crowds.and i dont feel safe in them.whe it`s just me and my best friend i talk and i`m very relaxed but when you bring in few strangers i tend to shut down.

i have sister we are not close.even as a child. maybe you mean third house siblings ruler venus in 12th? somekind of pain or distance between siblings ?

i have heard i should be careful in water. (well i`m a very poor swimmer)..but traffics..there has been 1 car accident and very close that a drunk driver didn`t hit me when i was a child. and other close in situations yes. but i have had someone looking after me.cause i have never been hurt.

now i just need to figure out how i can overcome these learning difficulties in order to study...

Last edited:

Krewster

No need to attribute such "strong" traits to a house placement shared by 1/12th of the planet;

instead, your Merc's aspects are more unique to you and so worth looking at:

-135 the Moon;
-triSeptile Nept;
-semi-Septile Jup;
-semi-Septile the Sun.

Merc's loose trine to Sat is a whisper (orb/influence-wise), compared to what these tighter aspects may mean for you.

Not saying you'll get clarity on the net about the septile influence (feel free to ignore fuzzy words like "inspiration," etc. and know/feel an influence which jumps around from one over-reaction to the next...or similar words which your Merc might better compose than mine).

gnoc

I have mercury in 12th house with sun :sick: and i have the exact same problem. i was never good in academics. its like no matter how hard i tried i could never be good in studies...

gnoc what did u mean by:
"BTW, out of curiosity, do you have any siblings? Do you get along well with them? Any bad luck with traffic overall in your life?"

how does mercury in 12th house connected to relationship with siblings.

hi mate, i'm currently studying the pattern of pluto in 3rd house so that's why i asked about this.

gnoc

i have sister we are not close.even as a child. maybe you mean third house siblings ruler venus in 12th? somekind of pain or distance between siblings ?

i have heard i should be careful in water. (well i`m a very poor swimmer)..but traffics..there has been 1 car accident and very close that a drunk driver didn`t hit me when i was a child. and other close in situations yes. but i have had someone looking after me.cause i have never been hurt.

Got no idea on the water but pluto in 3rd house indicates the person don't get along with their siblings or having experience with traffic accident. I'm currently doing some charts with similiar placement or I asked about this, so thanks for the input.

As mentioned in my earlier post, reading words are harder than image or visual way for you to digest. You mentioned that you need to find a way to be able to study, i think you already find it yourself, its just different from the traditional book reading style.

I believe we all have our strong and weak areas. If we could overcome our weakness, that's great. But there are times that it's cool to accept and understand our weakness too.

Kalyxa

While Mercury in the twelfth house is likely to be a part of the reason why you have difficulties with communication and learning, there are a few other things about your chart I thought I'd mention.

You have no air sign placements in your chart, unless you include Chiron in Gemini (which I will touch on momentarily). With no planets in the air element, you might have difficulties articulating yourself effectively. Analyzing information in a rational, objective manner does not come naturally to you, and you might find overly cerebral, 'left-brain' activities to be rather off-putting.

Chiron in Gemini can indicate feeling 'wounded' in areas of communication and learning. This can manifest in different ways. You could be painfully shy, or you might stutter or have some other sort of speech pathology. Early life experiences may have caused you to feel that you are not as smart as your peers. This tends to be more evident when Chiron is aspecting a personal planet though.

With your Sun and Moon both in water signs, and Mercury in the twelfth house, chances are you learn better through absorption and direct experience, as opposed to the traditional, textbook learning that is so prevalent in schools. You are likely to be very sensitive and pick up on subtleties that others aren't necessarily aware of. Thinking in images, colors, and patterns might come more naturally to you, and their is a tendency for the mind to daydream. I think you would do best in some sort of creative field like art or music.

Your comment about how you find reading books distressing because your eyes jump over all the text reminds me of someone I knew with dyslexia. He was not diagnosed until his mid-teens and struggled with similar sorts of issues. Just out of curiousity, have you ever been assessed for this?

shilonn

While Mercury in the twelfth house is likely to be a part of the reason why you have difficulties with communication and learning, there are a few other things about your chart I thought I'd mention.

You have no air sign placements in your chart, unless you include Chiron in Gemini (which I will touch on momentarily). With no planets in the air element, you might have difficulties articulating yourself effectively. Analyzing information in a rational, objective manner does not come naturally to you, and you might find overly cerebral, 'left-brain' activities to be rather off-putting.

Chiron in Gemini can indicate feeling 'wounded' in areas of communication and learning. This can manifest in different ways. You could be painfully shy, or you might stutter or have some other sort of speech pathology. Early life experiences may have caused you to feel that you are not as smart as your peers. This tends to be more evident when Chiron is aspecting a personal planet though.

With your Sun and Moon both in water signs, and Mercury in the twelfth house, chances are you learn better through absorption and direct experience, as opposed to the traditional, textbook learning that is so prevalent in schools. You are likely to be very sensitive and pick up on subtleties that others aren't necessarily aware of. Thinking in images, colors, and patterns might come more naturally to you, and their is a tendency for the mind to daydream. I think you would do best in some sort of creative field like art or music.

Your comment about how you find reading books distressing because your eyes jump over all the text reminds me of someone I knew with dyslexia. He was not diagnosed until his mid-teens and struggled with similar sorts of issues. Just out of curiousity, have you ever been assessed for this?

everything you say sounds exactly the way i feel it! and how it is.
i have never been diagnosed with dyslexia,because i just got lost in the crowd and the teachers just thought i`m being lazy and out of control (i skipped classes because of this.and they thought i`m just useless and lazy)

today i made some phone calls and i can have the test done! so that`s good.
but every profession there is you need to study...that means school....and i explained how difficult it is for me. i`m interested of becoming a deacon. church is liberate here in finland. i know i would be good at that. and as a deacon i would be able to do my dream job. missionary abroad.

they told me today they wouldn`t even invite me for the test,because my grades are so bad. the school would be 3,5-4 years..that`s a long time.and i dont think i could ever graduate cause i would fail all the classes..

dor someone like me..who learns only in practise it`s very difficult..but if i dont find a way to do it..i dont have any kind of future.because here in my country they are demanding education for everything. you cant be a waitress without education. this is a fact. they have started to demand education even for cleaning jobs.

so as we have discussed,i know i can learn in different way but everything requires me to learn in a way i just cant learn..so this is a problem..

can i ask you this friend of yours does he have education? is he successful in his career life?

Kalyxa

everything you say sounds exactly the way i feel it! and how it is.
i have never been diagnosed with dyslexia,because i just got lost in the crowd and the teachers just thought i`m being lazy and out of control (i skipped classes because of this.and they thought i`m just useless and lazy)

today i made some phone calls and i can have the test done! so that`s good.
but every profession there is you need to study...that means school....and i explained how difficult it is for me. i`m interested of becoming a deacon. church is liberate here in finland. i know i would be good at that. and as a deacon i would be able to do my dream job. missionary abroad.

they told me today they wouldn`t even invite me for the test,because my grades are so bad. the school would be 3,5-4 years..that`s a long time.and i dont think i could ever graduate cause i would fail all the classes..

dor someone like me..who learns only in practise it`s very difficult..but if i dont find a way to do it..i dont have any kind of future.because here in my country they are demanding education for everything. you cant be a waitress without education. this is a fact. they have started to demand education even for cleaning jobs.

so as we have discussed,i know i can learn in different way but everything requires me to learn in a way i just cant learn..so this is a problem..

can i ask you this friend of yours does he have education? is he successful in his career life?

If your grades currently are not good enough to apply for the program you want to get into, perhaps you could retake the required courses in order to improve your grades? It might seem time-consuming but I feel if you want something badly enough, there is always a way to make it happen, no matter how difficult it might be. There are lots of resources in post-secondary institutions for students that have trouble with school for whatever reason. Counsellors, tutors, self-paced courses, etc. Don’t be afraid to reach out to them and ask their opinion about what route might be best for you in order to achieve your goals. Also, it might not be too late to determine if you have an underlying learning disorder such as dyslexia. There is certainly no harm in getting tested to see if this is the case. And if so, there are lots of resources and support networks available that would give you a better idea of how to study and learn in ways that would work best for you.

One thing I can suggest is, don’t be so hard on yourself! When you says things like you "cannot learn" and you will "fail your classes and never graduate" you have assigned yourself to failure before you even start. It’s so easy to be self-critical and compare yourself to others who seem to have it easier than you when it comes to learning. But this will only serve to reinforce your anxiety and negative feelings towards going to school and will just make it harder for you in the long run. Recognize and embrace both your strengths and your weaknesses. Try to see going back to school as an exciting new challenge and an opportunity for growth, rather than an overwhelming obstacle. Picture yourself finishing your courses, feeling proud about accomplishing what you previously thought was impossible, while allowing you to pursue something you really enjoy.

In regards to my friend with dyslexia, I unfortunately lost touch with him years ago so I am not sure of how things turned out for him. I can personally relate to your story though as struggled in school as an adolescent and did poorly in most of my classes, although for different reasons than you have mentioned. Because of these negative experiences I had when I was younger, I developed a huge level of anxiety around schooling/education and the idea of being 'graded'. It really affected my self-esteem and prevented me from feeling confident enough to pursue higher-level education for years. It wasn't until my mid-twenties that I finally gained the courage to go back and was successful.

shilonn

If your grades currently are not good enough to apply for the program you want to get into, perhaps you could retake the required courses in order to improve your grades? It might seem time-consuming but I feel if you want something badly enough, there is always a way to make it happen, no matter how difficult it might be. There are lots of resources in post-secondary institutions for students that have trouble with school for whatever reason. Counsellors, tutors, self-paced courses, etc. Don’t be afraid to reach out to them and ask their opinion about what route might be best for you in order to achieve your goals. Also, it might not be too late to determine if you have an underlying learning disorder such as dyslexia. There is certainly no harm in getting tested to see if this is the case. And if so, there are lots of resources and support networks available that would give you a better idea of how to study and learn in ways that would work best for you.

One thing I can suggest is, don’t be so hard on yourself! When you says things like you "cannot learn" and you will "fail your classes and never graduate" you have assigned yourself to failure before you even start. It’s so easy to be self-critical and compare yourself to others who seem to have it easier than you when it comes to learning. But this will only serve to reinforce your anxiety and negative feelings towards going to school and will just make it harder for you in the long run. Recognize and embrace both your strengths and your weaknesses. Try to see going back to school as an exciting new challenge and an opportunity for growth, rather than an overwhelming obstacle. Picture yourself finishing your courses, feeling proud about accomplishing what you previously thought was impossible, while allowing you to pursue something you really enjoy.

In regards to my friend with dyslexia, I unfortunately lost touch with him years ago so I am not sure of how things turned out for him. I can personally relate to your story though as struggled in school as an adolescent and did poorly in most of my classes, although for different reasons than you have mentioned. Because of these negative experiences I had when I was younger, I developed a huge level of anxiety around schooling/education and the idea of being 'graded'. It really affected my self-esteem and prevented me from feeling confident enough to pursue higher-level education for years. It wasn't until my mid-twenties that I finally gained the courage to go back and was successful.

yes.i will take the test.and then i will know. if i have dyslexia i would get help during my school. my friend just came to me with a job offer.she said that would be amazing for me.it`s a job in fitness marketing..she promised to tell me more very soon.she works there too and has made good money.she knows i`m in debt and she said this job would help me pay off my debts if i just work enough.

i`m thinking about it,i would like to have that..DRIVE..for making money..to be like a business shark..but i am lacking that quality completely..mayve my chart even shows i`m not a money making business shark:w00t:

i wish i had these qualities many times..

but i will find out my options for sure! it`s amazing to hear you`re success story.it gives me hope.

Osamenor

Staff member
shilonn, what leaps out at me looking at your chart is that you have a grand trine. I've been told that grand trines are very common in the charts of people with disabilities, and especially when water signs or water houses are involved, the disability is usually hidden. Yours is a water trine--your Cancer sun and Scorpio Pluto tightly trine each other and they both loosely trine your Pisces moon.

I also have a grand trine, and while the signs involved are fire, the houses are water--fourth, eighth, and twelfth, and my sun and moon are involved, too. And... I have ADD, which wasn't diagnosed til I was almost 20, and a sensory processing disorder that was diagnosed when I was 5 but never adequately acknowledged or accommodated for.

Love2Know

I have merc 12 taurus mc. I found higher education a lot more managable than tedious lower level learning. Basiclly, I found a creative outlet through essay writting. I also doubt it made me any smarter than my non university educated friends. I enjoy many subjects but I do not give my heart to any because no system is fully accurate.. or the philosophy it is based on.I still sometimes have trouble reading things correctly or spelling. I was told by a university psychologist that I have a high probabilty of being ADD. I got dumped by a theropisT lol, she said I only questioned her and showed no interest in what she said. I found her disconnected. MMy father always told me I mirror people emotionally which can be the most fustrating thing to do, I also have moon 1st. Anyways, I did not care to take further learning 'disability tests'. I was just intested in getting a free tutor for math. Also when I realize d people take these catagories as gospel It gets pathetic. Finally, I gravitate to unskilled labour such as cleaning and resturant work.

Last edited:

shilonn

shilonn, what leaps out at me looking at your chart is that you have a grand trine. I've been told that grand trines are very common in the charts of people with disabilities, and especially when water signs or water houses are involved, the disability is usually hidden. Yours is a water trine--your Cancer sun and Scorpio Pluto tightly trine each other and they both loosely trine your Pisces moon.

I also have a grand trine, and while the signs involved are fire, the houses are water--fourth, eighth, and twelfth, and my sun and moon are involved, too. And... I have ADD, which wasn't diagnosed til I was almost 20, and a sensory processing disorder that was diagnosed when I was 5 but never adequately acknowledged or accommodated for.

first i thought i have a grand trine.but it`s so loose that i dont think it counts..:unsure: only pluto trine sun is really tight.

i have never paid attention to my mercury-saturn trine..what does that stand for?

i dont know what is ADD.i have to read about it on the internet.but it`s nice to know i`m not alone with this kind of struggles..many times some people think you are stupid..want to make you feel stupid..just because you cant discuss "intelligent conversation`that you read on books..to me that means nothing..you cant have true wisdom reading books..yes i am not "book smart" person..that is a fact but i know i have wisdom.

Love2Know

You are hanging out with the wrong people then. The only real opinion of yourself that matters is your own, to some extent but mainly yes If you are a kind person that matters more.

Last edited: