Better Question : If my sister comes to live with me, will her condition improve"

Catherinett

Better Question : If my sister comes to live with me, will her condition improve"

The last chart I posted about her condition had some factors that made it hard to tell so this is a more specific question, and really exactly what I need to know. Any help greatly appreciated!

Asked at 12:50pm July 14, 2019

I'm also trying to take a stab at it myself with Frawley's book...

Attachments

• home.jpg
    home.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

greybeard

Re: Better Question : If my sister comes to live with me, will her condition improve"

Moon is Void of Course. There is a lack of dynamic energy. Things as they are are unlikely to change. Moon occupies 3rd house, house of the quesited [sibling]; Moon moves away from Jupiter.

Jupiter, your sister, is in her own sign and house, but retrograde, as are all planets below the horizon. General conditions are not favorable for family affairs at this time. Your sister may experience some reversals after a promising start; matters of health, dependency, or job (required service) may play a role.

Home and family affairs are triply affected by the malefic conjunction in the 4th which opposes Venus (You) and Sun, angular.

If this were my question Sis would have to make other arrangements.

Technically, the void Moon renders this chart "unfit to be read; not radical", but the square 3/6 between Jupiter and insidious Neptune is, to say the least and in light of the substance of the question, intriguing. Note the sesquicuadrate formation Jupiter-Neptune-Mercury, denoting worry and anxiety over the matter.

Last edited:

Catherinett

Re: Better Question : If my sister comes to live with me, will her condition improve"

Moon is Void of Course. There is a lack of dynamic energy. Things as they are are unlikely to change. Moon occupies 3rd house, house of the quesited [sibling]; Moon moves away from Jupiter.

Jupiter, your sister, is in her own sign and house, but retrograde, as are all planets below the horizon. General conditions are not favorable for family affairs at this time. Your sister may experience some reversals after a promising start; matters of health, dependency, or job (required service) may play a role.

Home and family affairs are triply affected by the malefic conjunction in the 4th which opposes Venus (You) and Sun, angular.

If this were my question Sis would have to make other arrangements.

Technically, the void Moon renders this chart "unfit to be read; not radical", but the square 3/6 between Jupiter and insidious Neptune is, to say the least and in light of the substance of the question, intriguing. Note the sesquicuadrate formation Jupiter-Neptune-Mercury, denoting worry and anxiety over the matter.

Thanks for the detailed response. After I posted this question I thought "Well that's a silly question, of course she'll improve if she lives with me." Maybe not. I have been trying to make it happen for months, keeps getting blocked for some reason or another.

I'll have to look up all the details you gave, not sure what they mean. There is definitely a lot of worry and anxiety on my part, hers too I imagine.:sad:

greybeard

I put You at the Asc, the Querent. Libra rises, so you are Venus, conjunct the Midheaven (above all else in the chart, thus very powerful (influential) in the question. She is opposed by Saturn in the 4th house, and Pluto.

The 3rd house is the house of brethren and the question is about "sister", so this is the house of the Quesited (what is asked after), your sister. She is represented by Jupiter, lord of the sign (Saggitarius) on the 3rd cusp. Jupiter is in his own sign and house (strength) but is retrograde (signifying regression and to be interpreted in the context of the question).

Venus and Jupiter are not in major aspect, so "do not come together".

Moon is void of course; she beholds no major aspect before leaving the sign she is in. This condition disqualifies a chart...it is "not fit to be read" because the mainspring has run down, the question lacks the energy to effect real change in the situation. Derek Appleby interpreted this as "Nothing will happen." Also note that Moon moves from Sagittarius (she is peregrine) into Capricorn, the sign of her exile; she goes from better to worse. I think this chart shows that any final decision in the context of the question --which is a conditional question ["If..."] -- rests with the sister. She seems to be in command.

Last edited:

Catherinett

I put You at the Asc, the Querent. Libra rises, so you are Venus, conjunct the Midheaven (above all else in the chart, thus very powerful (influential) in the question. She is opposed by Saturn in the 4th house, and Pluto.

The 3rd house is the house of brethren and the question is about "sister", so this is the house of the Quesited (what is asked after), your sister. She is represented by Jupiter, lord of the sign (Saggitarius) on the 3rd cusp. Jupiter is in his own sign and house (strength) but is retrograde (signifying regression and to be interpreted in the context of the question).

Venus and Jupiter are not in major aspect, so "do not come together". The

Thanks for the explanation. So you think the opposition in the 4th is my house in regards to her? Do you think it means anything that 6th from the 8th is venus ruled and that represents me? And do you think it is answering a question I haven't asked by there not being an aspect between jupiter and venus, so my question is irrelevant, because we won't live together anyway? Or do you think it is saying she will regress because jupter is in retro, so we won't live together? I know I'm asking a lot of questions, don't worry if you don't have time. Just curious, I can't imagine how she would not improve by being home, unless her condition get so bad that is is impossible to do, which is a possibility.

greybeard

She seems to be in control of how this works out.

There are many ways to "work" horary charts. I like to use, when possible, a simple yes/no answer technique. Venus (you) and Jupiter (sister) are not in major aspect. They do not get together. The answer is No. But which part of your conditional question does this No pertain to?

Well, if the condition is not met (she does not come to your house), then the heart of the question, the main thrust (will her condition improve?), is invalid...because the condition was not met.

So I take it that she won't come to stay with you; the question depends on that condition and the significators do not meet. And the chart is full of that theme.

As to her improvement, the square of Jupiter to Neptune is of concern. When we turn the chart we find sudden, disruptive Uranus on her 6th cusp...and Jupiter is retrograde.

Last edited:

Catherinett

She seems to be in control of how this works out.

There are many ways to "work" horary charts. I like to use, when possible, a simple yes/no answer technique. Venus (you) and Jupiter (sister) are not in major aspect. They do not get together. The answer is No. But which part of your conditional question does this No pertain to?

Well, if the condition is not met (she does not come to your house), then the heart of the question, the main thrust (will her condition improve?), is invalid...because the condition was not met.

So I take it that she won't come to stay with you; the question depends on that condition and the significators do not meet. And the chart is full of that theme.

Thanks. It's a difficult situation all around.

Am I right to assume coming together in a horay chart would apply to other questions as well, marriage, seeing long lost friend, etc.? How much time do you give? I suppose there is a way to see time. I need to get back to that book.Thanks again for the explanations.

greybeard

In a simple Yes/No question (which your question is not), if the significators of Querent and Quesited are in conjunction, sextile or trine, the answer is "yes". If in square, in opposition or not in aspect, the answer is No. This applies to any question.

Recall that the aspects in horary are not seen in the same way as in natal. Orb of aspect is not so important as the possibility of perfection of the aspect.