Virtue of being self-absorbed?

AppLeo

Selfishness is only bad when you hurt or disregard others for your own gain.
But besides that? It's human nature to be selfish.

I've always struggled with anxiety low self-confidence. Many people tell me not to be so down on myself, stop caring what others think, etc. But then when I am confident, people tell me I'm full of myself. Really?!?!? I actually agree with AppLeo. So long as you're not doing it at the expense of others, there is nothing wrong with talking excessively about yourself (which I do with the expectation that you'll talk excessively about yourself too!), or recognizing and boasting about your own positive qualities. I think some people dislike confident people because they are jealous. Arrogance is bad - that is, when you think you're better than anyone else, but if you're truly confident, you wouldn't need to compare yourself to others and you'd want everyone else to be confident too.

In general though, I think it's mostly women who need to be more confident + selfish, while men should be more considerate of others. Not exclusively, of course - there are selfish arrogant and manipulative women and there are weak men who go out of their way to please others at the expense of themselves - but in general. Really, it's all about balance.

People are just jealous and want what you have for less intelligence or work. That sums up the world.

AppLeo

837e193238ea645334779cf1ae483dc9.jpg

voluntary_society.jpeg

conspiracy theorist

So this is your logic:

Being opinionated = isolation = school shooting

K nice. :w00t:

More like:

Opinion -> Opposition -> Close-mindedness response -> feelings of persecuion -> me against the world -> hostility toward others -> school shooting.

And I really don't want to hear your opinions on "logic"