Am I really selfish or a bad person?

sagittariussoul

So this has been going on for some time now. Through recent years, I'm growing apart from my parents. I constantly get called selfish if I don't agree to do something they want me to do. I'm 25 years old, and can't afford to move out. So I'm stuck living under their roof. It wrong of them to treat me this way? Am I "too sensitive" Or is there some truth? I'm wondering if there's anything in my chart that might indicate complications with my parents. If anyone can help, thank you in advance.

Attachments

• ntlchart.jpg
    ntlchart.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 58

ElenaJ

Notice transiting Uranus closing in on your 4th cusp of home and family. Unexpected rebelliousness. Ruled by Venus in outgoing but somewhat selfish Leo.
Transiting mars will be setting off that Uranus soon, so the tension will build up, try to be patient and not blow up. Probably the solution is halfway between your position and theirs.

Emeraldstar99

I know a virgo sun, mars in libra and venus in leo saturn in aqua like you who gave up college and worked in a small business. He was living with his family till he was 26 and got married with a woman who will be a doctor and also sustained by parents. Sorry, but your parents may be fustrated that you maybe not going to be more independent. Do you pay the bills or have a work or go to college?

About aspects, Moon square Pluto conjunct saturn suggests some intense view of mother or family past. Maybe the reason you got stuck is the lack of attention at home.

Last edited:

greybeard

Interesting chart.

Venus is unaspected. In Leo. In 7th. And...it is the cutting planet in a bowl pattern, bringing her to predominance in the life. Intimacy is a major issue.

As for the parental relationship (Venus deals with all relationships), we see moon conjunct saturn and closely square pluto...mom & you have long-standing and deep issues.

Venus in Leo (and both unaspected and cutting planet...wow! Is Venus emphasized or what?) craves attention, adoration, or at the very least approval. She is regal, of course, and the people should know their place. Venus is about 33° oriental of sun, showing a rather marked lean toward immediate gratification and perhaps a certain wildness.

Add to this strong leonine quality the sparseness (thrrrift, frugality) of moon-saturn...

I have not examined this chart, but the more I see of this Venus, the more I think it deserves comment.

Here is a case of an over-emphasized Venus.

1. She occupies the cutting or leading position in a bowl pattern. This brings her to high focus; her influence pervades the chart.
2. In addition to her occupation of the cutting position, we notice that she stands out or stands apart from the bowl pattern. I am of the what you see is what you get school of astrology: all the things Venus symbolizes in the makeup and life of a person are here made to stand out, are first and foremost, lead the native into life.
3. Venus is without aspect. An unaspected planet is a highly uncommon thing. And very powerful. We will not likely find much lore on unaspected planets in the literature; interpretation will be up to the astrologer, pretty much in solo flight.

Last edited:

sagittariussoul

I know a virgo sun, mars in libra and venus in leo saturn in aqua like you who gave up college and worked in a small business. He was living with his family till he was 26 and got married with a woman who will be a doctor and also sustained by parents. Sorry, but your parents may be fustrated that you maybe not going to be more independent. Do you pay the bills or have a work or go to college?

About aspects, Moon square Pluto conjunct saturn suggests some intense view of mother or family past. Maybe the reason you got stuck is the lack of attention at home.

Hello, thank you so much for the response. There's always been a little independence issue with me, mostly caused by my anxiety. I pay bills as much as I can and if i was earning more I'd contribute more to other things. I don't have much of a career sadly, just a job which consists of only a few hours. But I hope there are ways to fix these rising tensions. The responses on this thread are already seeming to click with the feelings or moods that I've experienced of late.

ElenaJ

"we see moon conjunct saturn and closely square pluto...mom & you have long-standing and deep issues."
Very good point.

ardentika

Hello, thank you so much for the response. There's always been a little independence issue with me, mostly caused by my anxiety. I pay bills as much as I can and if i was earning more I'd contribute more to other things. I don't have much of a career sadly, just a job which consists of only a few hours. But I hope there are ways to fix these rising tensions. The responses on this thread are already seeming to click with the feelings or moods that I've experienced of late.

You have a lot of squares which are action oriented or anxiety oriented. I u drrstand what you mean. That's a huge problem for our generation . Generally it's hard these days to be self reliant since jobs pay **** and the prices of everything keep going up. We don't have it easy as baby boomers lol

But try to be more grateful and compassionate towards them. It's normal you would want to rebel against them because you are getting old and you want to have it your way but then you live under one roof with them so you will still have to make peace with that and respect it.

Since squares are harsh esp the Saturn Pluto one, try to take more actions and less thinking.

Uranus approaching the 4th cusp might mean sudden move or change of careers or job. Your rebellion is happening for a reason. You need to feel that tension in order to light a figher up your **** and make you move haha. Move as in just act and make a change.

I know it's difficult but just try to bare with it and figure out ways you can help your situation . Squares work well under pressure

sagittariussoul

You have a lot of squares which are action oriented or anxiety oriented. I u drrstand what you mean. That's a huge problem for our generation . Generally it's hard these days to be self reliant since jobs pay **** and the prices of everything keep going up. We don't have it easy as baby boomers lol

But try to be more grateful and compassionate towards them. It's normal you would want to rebel against them because you are getting old and you want to have it your way but then you live under one roof with them so you will still have to make peace with that and respect it.

Since squares are harsh esp the Saturn Pluto one, try to take more actions and less thinking.

Uranus approaching the 4th cusp might mean sudden move or change of careers or job. Your rebellion is happening for a reason. You need to feel that tension in order to light a figher up your **** and make you move haha. Move as in just act and make a change.

I know it's difficult but just try to bare with it and figure out ways you can help your situation . Squares work well under pressure

Apologies for the late responses, I noticed you wrote that Uranus was approaching my 4th house cusp, meaning a possible change of job? I was just wondering if there was anything I would be suited for according to my chart. I'm hoping to find more work with longer hours, since the shifts I currently have are only 3 hours and I need to earn more money to live on. Thanks again. Your answers are really helping.

Chrysalis

I don't think uranus crossing your IC is showing a sudden change in jobs, it looks like what your already experiencing, as in wanting to move out of your parents home and get your own place, your wanting your freedom and to have your own independence.

ardentika

Uranus crossing 4th will be aspecting also 6th and 10th which are the work houses. It will manifest physically ,it doesn't show only internal changes. Internal changes often lead to actions and external changes. The 4th is the home and Uranus brings sudden wild change that no one can predict and it's usually good always. It breaks our rust and crust and renews us in a more fun way than Pluto does.

I can speculate scenarios for ages but no one can tell you what will happen. All I can say is go with the flow and accept new opportunities.

Cecile

[FONT=&quot]No, you're not a selfish person. No, you’re not a bad person. Consider the source that is making you feel this way.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I'm going to take a different approach than my usual because you were born 20 hours after my wedding August 29th. Looking at your chart is almost like looking at the chart of my wedding. Although the moon wasn't directly opposite the Sun, it was big, huge and beautiful and appeared to be full. The full moon occurred on the 31st and was a Blue Moon being the second full moon in August. The entire Astrological community was witnessing for the first time in their life times the conjunction between Uranus and Neptune. Uranus moved in the typical direct, retrograde, direct motion. Neptune, however, transited 18 Capricorn 37 direct, retrograde, direct, retrograde (which is when you were born), and again direct. Five passes. Another phenomena. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Uranus is transiting your 4th House cusp which is the source of unrest (Uranus) at home (4th House). Monitor Uranus' transit. Transiting Uranus squared your Natal Venus in 7th House on May11, 2019. That may have lit a spark. Things could heat up when Uranus squares Venus in retrograde on about November 24th and resolve around February 27, 2020. My advice given my experience with Uranus (OMG) is not to make waves until after February 27th especially when Natal Uranus and Natal Mars are square or opposite one another as in your chart. Please exercise caution. I'm speaking from experience. Don't give in to sudden outbursts of anger or sudden irrational decisions or going off half cocked, but if you do don't drive or over exert yourself while you're in a snit. Transiting Neptune, planet of distortion and confusion, could be warping your perspective. To others it may appear you’re not operating with a full load of bricks or using common sense. Neptune is transiting away from your Natal Neptune and Uranus by sextile to both. It transited direct around May 29, 2019 then transits retrograde around July 16, 2019 and direct around March 13, 2020. (Check an ephemeris for the dates corresponding to transits to each planet.) In any case Sextiles are considered positive, not challenging, so hopefully this is a good indicator, but you probably won't begin to understand it's influence until after March 13th, when people begin to see you in a different light. Because of my experiences in 2017 I learned not to make any decisions while outer planets were aspecting my natal planets by retrograde. I kept a record by date of planets aspecting my natal planets first by direct then by retrograde and finally direct again. I knew from the beginning of 2017 that resolution would not come until January 2nd, 2018 and it did. Right on time. In your chart Jupiter is also currently retrograde forming a semisextile with your natal Uranus and Neptune. Saturn and Pluto, both retrograde, are near a conjunction to your natal Uranus and Neptune. If you do create a chart of the transits, chart the exact date of the exact aspect. I've been freaky accurate doing it this way. Mercury transits direct within hours of an exact quincux (150 degree) of your Natal Uranus and Neptune. Mars just made a 150 degree aspect with Natal Uranus and Neptune on Friday. Both quincuxes aggitated things in a way in which there is no resolution. It’s best to wait for them to pass. And Moon is going to lightly tap Natal Uranus and Neptune with a semisextile tonight it looks like. Uranus conjunct Neptune in Capricorn is common among a lot of people around your age. At the time of the exact conjunctions between the two planets there was a lot of discussion about the effects of one planet upon the other and how that might play out on the world stage: Uranus tears down structures, Neptune washes over destruction. You are part of the phenomena. The one piece of advice I leave you with is to chart the movements of the planets by dates as they aspect your natal planets over the course of the next year beginning with last May or earlier if there's a trigger date. This will not resolve issues, but it will allow you to see what influences and energies are at play and when. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Income? A quick look suggest you could earn income working in a financial institute or finance department or a law office or government office or you could marry for money. With both the 2nd House Moon and Saturn in Aquarius chances are whatever it is will be unique and uniquely you. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As a side note, and I don't know if my experience has any bearing on yours, but after my wedding, a year or so later, mother all but disowned me. She stopped talking to me for a year for the 3rd time. Several years later she became completely dependent on me and forgot she was ever disappointed in me. Go figure.
[/FONT]