Septile, Biseptile, and Triseptile aspects

poyi

Premium Member
From the comment by Alice as below from http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66728, I would like to explore Septile, biseptile and Triseptile aspects.

In addition to your anti-Vertex and South Node conjoining Jupiter, ruler of your 4th cusp, you have the Sun, ruler of the 12th house, in the third house in triseptile to the Vertex and MC.

Alice

Any member familiar with these aspects?

When do you pay attention to these aspects?

And how do you interpret them in natal chart or even in other predictive works?

In Alice Portman's site http://aliceportman.com/septile-series/

She wrote a few examples of these aspects in natal astrology readings.

The aspects seem very strongly related to harmonic astrology, highly mathematical which is great. I do prefer a bit of math so you can actually calculate to very exact timing, it will be great for very exact predictive works and I have seen it works in some mundane astrology. For the sake of being forever curious, I would like to learn about these aspects and if anyone have any insights to share, that will be great appreciated!

Here are a bit of resources I got from internet:

http://www.universalastrologer.com/septile.html

http://www.aquariuspapers.com/astrology/2005/09/astrological_as.html

http://members.wizzards.net/~magyan/aspects.htm

Krewster

I've devoted inordinate amounts of time trying to figure out the core energy of these 7 denominator aspects (in the same sense that we all know trines "flow" and squares or oppos "block" or similar) and find this the hardest nut to crack (in the parts of astrology of interest to me).

You can check the few-months-ago "unaspected planets" thread on astro.com's forum where members dissected themselves in public trying to reverse engineer (from direct personal experience) the nature of this influence to their majors-unaspected personal planets from which you will note little commonality with most astrology site literature tending to the hocus-pocus.

There's nothing mysterious or highly mathematical about them (compared to other aspects) and they are so common that almost everyone has at least one and some natives I know more than 10...and yet a single word/phrase description of the influence remains elusive (at least for me).

Perhaps you'll care to share your own aspects of this ilk (preferably involving a personal planet and even better one that is majors-unaspected) so we can have another poke at this (in public of via PM) and perhaps win the nobel prize.

One of mine (as a starter), is a 48 min bi-sept from Uran to the Moon which accounts for whatever extent of nervousness I and others feel in me.

Your turn...

poyi

Premium Member
Thanks for the reply.

I do love the neat aspect pattern in the plain natal and in the one with the Septile series as well. If I add aspect lines to nodes and Chiron the natal will look like a kite with quincux from Pluto to Chiron.

Last edited:

waybread

I look at septiles on the few occasions I want to do a truly in-depth look at a chart. Sometimes people do "march to the beat of a different drummer," such that the major aspects, planets-in-signs, &c. are missing something. Septiles seem to relate to the ability to experience a reality behind this reality. They are supposedly prominent in the charts of composers and members of the clergy where the religious leadership is not hereditary but more of a "calling."

poyi

Premium Member
I look at septiles on the few occasions I want to do a truly in-depth look at a chart. Sometimes people do "march to the beat of a different drummer," such that the major aspects, planets-in-signs, &c. are missing something. Septiles seem to relate to the ability to experience a reality behind this reality. They are supposedly prominent in the charts of composers and members of the clergy where the religious leadership is not hereditary but more of a "calling."

Indeed very fascinating aspects to look at.

I wonder, about how tight the orbs are for these septiles?

Secondly, Septile, Bi-septile and Tri-septile, which one is stronger? I image it would be a build up of energy as it was multiple 3 times or the other way around?

waybread

Use tight orbs. The more you get into minor aspects, the tighter the orbs need to be. Consider that a quincunx of 150 degrees becomes a tri-septile at 154 degrees.

Personally I don't think it makes a difference whether you look at aspects of 51, 102, or 154 degrees. Someone who has investigated the difference may think differently.

poyi

Premium Member
Use tight orbs. The more you get into minor aspects, the tighter the orbs need to be. Consider that a quincunx of 150 degrees becomes a tri-septile at 154 degrees.

Personally I don't think it makes a difference whether you look at aspects of 51, 102, or 154 degrees. Someone who has investigated the difference may think differently.

I think I found some ideas from this link below. Unfortunately I don't seem to have any septile higher than triseptile.

http://www.universalastrologer.com/septile.html

Viviene

I have 13 aspects of the septile series, in a chained dome configuration. The chain includes my otherwise unaspected Sun. Venus, Sun, Mars, Jupiter, Uranus and the Moon are all involved in this septile pattern.

My primary characteristic is a need for independence of thought and action. I often find myself at odds with the status quo of whatever group I am involved in. This in itself causes a great deal of anxiety. I am diagnosed with GADs, and suffer from insomnia and mood swings.

On the plus side, I have a creative and out of the box approach to problem solving, my teaching and life in general.

I am something of a whistleblower, and will speak up often knowing it will come back on me negatively, when I believe the truth needs to be spoken.

I definitely look to the inner person when I meet someone, and I am an excellent judge of character (if I do say so myself haha). I am rarely wrong about my initial instincts about someone, but I will give people the benefit of the doubt. I am a great believer in taking people as you find them.

I can be quite blunt, but try to combine this with humour. Above all, I will not be dictated to as to how to think, or to think something is true or valid simply because the crowd thinks so.

I am in fact, somewhat frightened by crowds, and would never go to a demonstration or football match. I am somewhat of a recluse. These are all characteristics of the 7 series :)

poyi

Premium Member
I have 13 aspects of the septile series, in a chained dome configuration. The chain includes my otherwise unaspected Sun. Venus, Sun, Mars, Jupiter, Uranus and the Moon are all involved in this septile pattern.

My primary characteristic is a need for independence of thought and action. I often find myself at odds with the status quo of whatever group I am involved in. This in itself causes a great deal of anxiety. I am diagnosed with GADs, and suffer from insomnia and mood swings.

On the plus side, I have a creative and out of the box approach to problem solving, my teaching and life in general.

I am something of a whistleblower, and will speak up often knowing it will come back on me negatively, when I believe the truth needs to be spoken.

I definitely look to the inner person when I meet someone, and I am an excellent judge of character (if I do say so myself haha). I am rarely wrong about my initial instincts about someone, but I will give people the benefit of the doubt. I am a great believer in taking people as you find them.

I can be quite blunt, but try to combine this with humour. Above all, I will not be dictated to as to how to think, or to think something is true or valid simply because the crowd thinks so.

I am in fact, somewhat frightened by crowds, and would never go to a demonstration or football match. I am somewhat of a recluse. These are all characteristics of the 7 series :)

In regard to your descriptions of yourself and septiles. I thought of how I might have similar tendency.

I never just listened and believed in whatever people telling me, I make my own judgement, testing and testing to see if it was true or if I could discover some other truths. Also an independent thinker. I am very different to my native people. Not often people can tell where I came from. I get a good mixed of values and cultures from the people I known over time, I take what is good from people so as a result don't have a very strong characteristic for being a Chinese. I do what I think is right after really long thought and research and I don't care what other people think once I made the decision.

I have big problems with my sleeping pattern and quality. As far as I could remember all my life, I always feel like myself non stop dreaming all the time like I had a 6-8hrs of movie nights. My brain just keeps playing movies with all senses. Many times I thought I was awake and living a regular day in the dream with some odd events. I usually remember the dreams. I even use iphone app to detect how much non RAM sleep I do get that was less than 30-40%. I often stay awake more than 24 hrs if on weekend just to put all my energy on my personal research of varies subjects.

I used to be very blunt at time. As I got older and had more experiences through social interactions. I learned to speak the truth without making people to feel offended. I usually make them laughed with my expressions and honesty.

With people, I have gut feelings about people, good observer, but then these qualities half the time just being plain Scorpio girl. It is fairly regular characters of Scorpio people. I have great love of nature. But do like to stay indoor all the time when not at work. I would lock myself at home and just do research of my interests, read books, watch documentaries. I will spend my money and all my mental energy on reading books, discussing topics and finding out answers and enjoy thinking about universe. I won't be satisfied till I get my answer. I often get so tired of trying will eventual just drop dead into sleep.

I do go out with friends for breakfast and dinners one to few times a month though, cause I enjoy the company and like to take care of them if I could and they also take care of me. Usual day at work, I am one of those nurses will spend a lot of time talking to patients. Can say very active mind in private and very active talker when I am with people so even during sleep, my brain still actively analyzing in symbolic ways.

I enjoy the sense of unity with all the plants, water, animals. I fed birds and ants water, nuts and sweet during last very very hot summer in Canberra it was 40-45 degrees for the most summer. I used to feed ants white sugar when I was 5 years old for a while. I make good friends with street animals, the nearby birds do recognize me and follow me around at time.

I wonder if any of my tendencies showed via septiles.

Krewster

Poyi,

Below is a link to the image of your chart as displayed on my computer.

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/8005/ci6b.jpg

Interesting to see you relating to Viviene's discussion since you also have Sun in 7 series aspects to Jup and Mars.

Among your mentioned tendencies, those pertaining to your relationship with society (sorry broad/vague) seem well represented by your Sun-Jup aspect.

poyi

Premium Member
Poyi,

Below is a link to the image of your chart as displayed on my computer.

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/8005/ci6b.jpg

Interesting to see you relating to Viviene's discussion since you also have Sun in 7 series aspects to Jup and Mars.

Among your mentioned tendencies, those pertaining to your relationship with society (sorry broad/vague) seem well represented by your Sun-Jup aspect.

Thank you very much for the chart. Nice and big picture!

As per Waybread suggested in another post, I will attach my 7th Harmonic chart here.

Last edited:

waybread

So unless these are conjunctions in your natal chart, assume septiles between PofF/Uranus, sun-Mars-MC, and AC-Chiron-Neptune.

poyi

Premium Member
Hi waybread,

After I got my chart from Krewster. I started researching on the interpretation of those septile aspects. I am really in shock how personal those descriptions are. No astrologers had ever be able to point out those thoughts and feelings of mine so clearly.

The chart have more than just septile, bi septile and triseptile though. I am asking Krewster to explain what they are to me first then I can do some research. It looks like I have interesting connections between Sun Mars and Jupiter. But not sure what SSep and BNov mean.

stainedBlue

Hi waybread,

After I got my chart from Krewster. I started researching on the interpretation of those septile aspects. I am really in shock how personal those descriptions are. No astrologers had ever be able to point out those thoughts and feelings of mine so clearly.

The chart have more than just septile, bi septile and triseptile though. I am asking Krewster to explain what they are to me first then I can do some research. It looks like I have interesting connections between Sun Mars and Jupiter. But not sure what SSep and BNov mean.

SSep is semiseptile and BNov is binovile, if I'm not mistaken. The former is 25° 42' 51'', the latter is 80°.

This thread caught my eye as I have quite a few septile series aspects myself, including Sun biseptile Jupiter. I would describe myself a bit, but Viviene captured (quite well) what I would have said. So, at the very least we seem to have a pattern going with Sun-Jupiter here.

Last edited:

poyi

Premium Member
SSep is semiseptile and BNov is binovile, if I'm not mistaken. The former is 25° 42' 51'', the latter is 80°.

This thread caught my eye as I have quite a few septile series aspects myself, including Sun biseptile Jupiter. I would describe myself a bit, but Viviene captured (quite well) what I would have said. So, at the very least we seem to have a pattern going with Sun-Jupiter here.

Hi stainedBlue

your Avatar remind me of the Earthquake Rose pattern
the-earthquake-rose-art.jpg

http://inhabitat.com/a-beautiful-and-mysterious-rose-created-by-an-earthquake-and-a-pendulum/

As well as the Cycle of Venus
VenusStarRose.jpg

http://www.cosmicintelligenceagency.com/2012/09/venus-in-leo-2012/

The Sun septile Jupiter, I had a look of the interpretation online is shocking personal. I never was satisfied with the regular aspects. I think I had found something that I will study for a long time.

poyi

Premium Member

WOW Novile series are aspect by 40, which is the aspect of the 9th harmonic.

"The 40 Degree Novile The novile divides the circle by ninths and is little used in western astrology. Some sidereal astrologers in the West do use a chart based on the nine series for consideration and elaboration of sexual attraction. AdZe suggests the novile aspect, or 80 and 160 degree binovil and quadranovile, is associated with charismatic charm, mystical force and ceremony as related to the ninth house. It is up to the reader to determine if this aspect is valid in their experience."
http://www.falconastrology.com/astro_loa_101.htm

So according to Krewster version of my natal, I have Sun Novile Neptune, Mars BiNovile Jupiter, Moon Novile Jupiter. I wish to have a cook book right now and just read it!:happy:

Oh my, my boyfriend does have very strong aspect of Mars trine Jupiter, Sun trine Neptune, and Moon rules Jupiter in Cancer!!! Beauty lol

And I have one Mercury UDec Neptune 0 25' A

"The 33 Degree Undecile
This aspect divides the circle by one eleventh, 32.43’70”, and is said to indicate psychic gifts." lol

Last edited:

Krewster

Yes, Poyi, there's tons of fun to be had working with these minors (e.g., I used to estimate that 70% of my natal chart reading content rungs bells with free clients in my pre-minor days but that percent has significantly increased).

re your 9 series aspects, the Sun novile Nept is significant not only because so tight (15 min) but also because among your Sun's 5 aspects tighter than 3 degrees, it is the most positive one, so you may get some benefit tuning into whatever it can mean for you (e.g., a core ease with "being-ness" possibly freer than most of us from alienistic tendencies involving self-sarcasm about death etc - sorry winging it here).

Your Mars, Jup and Moon 9 series aspects form the lovely 40-80-120 triangle which should be at least as positively strong as a 60-120-60 or even grand trine among such planets. The common-ness of 9 series aspects in charts does not suggest they are about mystical or esoteric things (unless we are all somewhat mystical or esoteric) but, rather, more mundanely about enjoying effortless freedom of expression among the concerned planets (like a trine on steroids).

You've motiviated me to cast your BF's chart and his Mars is at the apex of a NovaYod (160-40-160) with Pluto and Sat. Haven't considered what a Mars-Sat 9 series aspect could mean yet but I am aware that 9 series aspects betw Mars and Pluto ramp up the sex drive quite a bit (on top of which it is his tightest aspect at 10 min orb).

Finally, the undecile is (again) not so much esoteric (unless we all are) but some internet mention of "need for adjustment" has not been disproven by me yet in observing known natives. Since your Merc is otherwise so blessed by major aspects, there's temptation to ask whether your Merc undecile Nept makes you more fuzzy mentally than would be suggested by just the majors. Fuzzy of course is not specific in any way but you might consider stepping up to the plate and explaining whatever might be feelable about this aspect (25 min tight in your case) because of your Merc's otherwise unblemished aspects.

poyi

Premium Member
I am not quite sure if I understood undecile aspect well. In a every day practical part of life, as a woman I am not bad with electronic stuffs. I tend to be the one fixing things at work.

In a more mystical side, me and my boyfriend do have sudden visions of things in the form of dreams, or I would say gut feelings. He did a lot of charts for me and he came up with people's names, characters, linking to events that was happening in the background that I was not aware of and things that are about to happen. He is very accurate with that. I think he used Kabbalah, is highly symbolic reading.

poyi

Premium Member
One thing I noticed was before I had the accident last year, mercury retrograde and the eclipse on my mercury on 13th November really affected me mentally. Something extremely uncomfortable deeply that I want to stay at home. I had a few days off from work and just stayed home doing my knitting and my inner gut feelings told me not to go out of the house even I had no foods left at home. My boyfriend got very concerned of me locking myself at home. But though he was the one told me to be careful of Bike.

I wasn't going to listen to him to go out to get some food. But later on I did even my brain was so fuzzy. So I was crossing pedestrian on green light, a red car already stop but a stupid Scooter driver eventually hit me, knocked me down on the road. Anyway my gut feelings was very strong and I suffered from not listening to it. But the prediction is going have great gain from compensation.