Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Astrology and Psychology

Astrology and Psychology For interesting discussions on psychological meanings and deeper implications in natal charts between members passionated by both psychology and astrology.

Unread 08-17-2019, 09:21 PM

Smile Re: No such thing as a bad chart?

Homocluelessans fits us better than homosapiens!

Unread 08-17-2019, 09:43 PM

Blues singer/songwriter/guitarist Albert King (B.B. King's cousin) had a hit song in the late 60s "Born Under A Bad Sign". The chorus goes, "Born Under a bad sign, been down since I began to crawl. If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all."
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
Ficciones91 (08-18-2019)
Unread 11-05-2019, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
When it comes to dealing with our Saturn-driven economic system, some Charts are less functional than others. Some Charts are more inclined towards mental and physical health problems than others. Does that make them "bad Charts"?
To me that's just arguing technical terms. You can say "nothing is good or bad it just depends on how you look at it" about anything. So you can tell the parents of a 5 year old with leukemia that its only a bad situation because they are perceiving it that way. Which I think is utter nonsense.
Unread 11-05-2019, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clip11 View Post
To me that's just arguing technical terms. You can say "nothing is good or bad it just depends on how you look at it" about anything. So you can tell the parents of a 5 year old with leukemia that its only a bad situation because they are perceiving it that way. Which I think is utter nonsense.
Genetics comes into it also, when it comes to health.
Unread 11-05-2019, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clip11 View Post
No. Thereís no equivalence.
Unread 11-10-2019, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
No. Thereís no equivalence.
Yeah, not really any equivalence at all. Your chart represents your potential, how you play it out in your life (good or bad) is up to you. Your child getting Leukemia is a diagnosed illness, there is no ambivalence or potentiality about it.
Unread 11-11-2019, 01:55 AM

Re: No such thing as a bad chart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiamaria View Post
Yeah, not really any equivalence at all. Your chart represents your potential, how you play it out in your life (good or bad) is up to you. Your child getting Leukemia is a diagnosed illness, there is no ambivalence or potentiality about it.
I think his point was that it is possible to designate a chart as being either good or bad. Yes, it's completely subjective. But it's still possible.
Unread 11-11-2019, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wan View Post
I think his point was that it is possible to designate a chart as being either good or bad. Yes, it's completely subjective. But it's still possible.
The karmic interpretation is like the Dylan lyric, "Watch out kid, it's something you did, God knows when but you're doing it again."
Unread 11-11-2019, 02:15 AM

Quote:
The karmic interpretation is like the Dylan lyric, "Watch out kid, it's something you did, God knows when but you're doing it again."
Maybe you can put your post in a plain, normal way, so I can understand it better.
Unread 11-11-2019, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Maybe you can put your post in a plain, normal way, so I can understand it better.
The karmic doctrine is such that, one's Natal-chart configuration is the result of actions committed in the previous life, even though one has no memory of them. By making the best of a difficult Chart-configuration, one can earn a less difficult configuration next time around.
Unread 11-11-2019, 02:39 AM

Quote:
The karmic doctrine is such that, one's Natal-chart configuration is the result of actions committed in the previous life, even though one has no memory of them. By making the best of a difficult Chart-configuration, one can earn a less difficult configuration next time around.
So you think a chart can be difficult?
Unread 11-11-2019, 02:47 AM

Quote:
So you think a chart can be difficult?
Definitely.
Unread 11-11-2019, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Definitely.
Then it's possible for someone else (aka, clip11) to feel that a chart is difficult, too. And from there, it's just a step away from him thinking that it's a bad chart.
Unread 11-11-2019, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Then it's possible for someone else (aka, clip11) to feel that a chart is difficult, too. And from there, it's just a step away from him thinking that it's a bad chart.
But, an easy Chart can be "bad" as well, if one doesn't make the most of it.
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
ElenaJ (11-11-2019)
Unread 11-11-2019, 03:00 AM

Quote:
But, an easy Chart can be "bad" as well, if one doesn't make the most of it.
I think you are conflating "chart" with "life". You meant that it's possible for the native to have a bad life despite having a good chart. But this does not change the fact that it is still possible to designate a chart as being either good or bad. It's subjective and different people will have different ideas for what makes good and bad charts. However, my point is that it's still possible to judge.
Unread 11-11-2019, 03:21 AM

I don't believe it. People getting killed, raped, suicides, life health issue like paralyzed 'till dead on the dead bed etc. I think 'no bad chart' is created to comfort.
Unread 11-11-2019, 03:23 AM

How is it someone elseís place to tell you you have a bad chart because of something they read in a book or because of their distorted incomplete experiences of someone elseís life? How is it your place to believe that from someone, i mean really deeply believe them to the point you separate from your own lived experience?

Maybe itís a case of needing validation that youíve had a difficult life. Fine. But itís a fine line between validation and condemnation, and many astrologers truly donít have a good handle on it.
The Following User Says Thank You to passiflora For This Useful Post:
ElenaJ (11-11-2019)
Unread 11-11-2019, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
How is it someone else’s place to tell you you have a bad chart because of something they read in a book or because of their distorted incomplete experiences of someone else’s life? How is it your place to believe that from someone, i mean really deeply believe them to the point you separate from your own lived experience?
I don't know why you have such a big problem with people judging other people's charts, charts that the latter voluntarily put up on an open forum. People in real life comment on other people all the time, on pretty much everything imaginable. It seems like human nature. Therefore, it is to be expected that people here will comment on others' charts.
Unread 11-11-2019, 03:44 AM

Anyone is free to be a lemming, but my opinion is they shouldn't.
Unread 11-11-2019, 07:43 AM

Quote:
I don't know why you have such a big problem with people judging other people's charts, charts that the latter voluntarily put up on an open forum. People in real life comment on other people all the time, on pretty much everything imaginable. It seems like human nature. Therefore, it is to be expected that people here will comment on others' charts.
Commenting on someone's chart is one thing. Completely different telling someone they are condemned to a bad life due to a bad chart.
So, what is a good life?
Sometimes a chart has all easy aspects, how lovely. And that person slip slides through life on a silver lined cloud. No challenges, no conflicts, no stress. Is that a good life? For some, yes, for others no.
Then you have someone like Steve Jobs, would he have preferred to have an easy chart and a "good life"? Would you have told him he would have so many challenges to overcome and then die early from a tumor? How would that have effected him? Would he have gathered his strength to go forward, or just collapsed and given up? (Don't want to start a discussion about this particular person, there are thousands of examples we could cite. )
Why do they say "Every cloud has a silver lining?".
And the quote about the glass half full or half empty.
It's also a question of choices, psychological ones that we make during our life's path.
And, a choice of the astrologer to try to help someone understand the possibilities if they follow one path or the other according to their free will, or to give them dire predictions and black pictures of their future? Which is more helpful?
The Following User Says Thank You to ElenaJ For This Useful Post:
david starling (11-11-2019)
Unread 11-11-2019, 07:43 AM

Quote:
The same way it is possible to designate someone as ugly or pretty, it's completely subjective but still possible too.
Unread 11-11-2019, 07:50 AM

Quote:
The same way it is possible to designate someone as ugly or pretty, it's completely subjective but still possible too.
This here is one UGLY chart, I'm sorry to have to tell ya!
Unread 11-11-2019, 10:39 AM

Quote:
This here is one UGLY chart, I'm sorry to have to tell ya!
:P oh you!
Unread 11-11-2019, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaJ View Post
Commenting on someone's chart is one thing. Completely different telling someone they are condemned to a bad life due to a bad chart.
But as far as I know, nobody is telling anybody that he is doomed to a bad life. People are just commenting on other people's charts.

Quote:
Yes. And just like how people can comment on others being ugly or pretty, they too can comment on other people's charts being good or bad. That's my point all along.

Last edited by wan; 11-11-2019 at 04:01 PM.
Unread 11-11-2019, 05:12 PM

Quote:
But as far as I know, nobody is telling anybody that he is doomed to a bad life. People are just commenting on other people's charts.

Yes. And just like how people can comment on others being ugly or pretty, they too can comment on other people's charts being good or bad. That's my point all along.
I think what I question is the use of "bad" chart and "good" chart categories.

Tags
chart, thing